New Data Disk Ideas

So on another thread someone had some good ideas for new data disks, but I was worried those might get lost and never make it to CG because it wasn't really the topic of the thread. So I'm starting this one.

The person whose post caught my eye was Kalidor, who had these ideas:
  • "attackers ignores taunt",
  • "supports dispell stealth",
  • "bonus % tm at the beginning of battle",
  • "% chance to stun/ability block/daze on damage"

It made me think of some others including 3 purple disks:
  • Leader is automatically revived if any ally is still active
  • Each Support and Healer ally takes one bonus turn at the beginning of each battle and gain +20% TM whenever any ally falls below 100% health
  • All allies gain damage immunity, which cannot be copied or dispelled, until one ally takes a turn. Whenever any ally uses an ability on its turn, that ally dispels all debuffs on one random other debuffed ally.

For mixing attackers & battlefield controllers, you can have:
  • For each 1,000 damage an ally does on its turn, the next ally to take a turn gains +1% potency at the beginning of the turn, lasting until the end of that turn.

To encourage slow team compositions (so that people can vary their team compositions and experiment with different strategies) you could have:
  • Each time an enemy begins a turn, all allies gain +10% defense (stacking). Each time an ally begins a turn, all allies lose all +% defense bonuses from this disk's effects and gains until end of battle +1% offense (stacking) for each +10% defense lost.

For assist heavy teams and for going up against Galactic Republic you could do:
  • All assists deal 0 damage. For the first assist each turn, grant the assist caller +10% defense (Stacking) until end of battle and all allies gain +1% Max Health and +1% Max protection. For each subsequent assist on the same turn, grant all allies +1% defense (Stacking) until end of battle.

As a white disk version of the stacking defense disk, you could have something like:
  • Each time an ally begins a turn, that ally gains +5% defense until end of battle (or +3% or whatever is playtested as appropriate for a white disk)

Like them? Hate them? Have ideas of your own?

Replies

• I don’t know about the “assists do 0 damage”. That completely shuts down JKR.
    Other than that, the ideas don’t seem bad. I’d like the 1,000 damage=1% potency.
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    I'm genuinely surprised when people spend so much time writing and suggesting things to CG when they know with 100% certainty that these posts won't even be read by someone at CG.
  • Maybe a new data disk, stacking speed, it will do whenever an ally gains a buff, they also gain 3 speed (stacking)
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    Maybe a new data disk, stacking speed, it will do whenever an ally gains a buff, they also gain 3 speed (stacking)

trying to break the buff disks/cooldown reduction disk even more? GMY and company would get +1000 speed in no time.

dont get me wrong, i do think its a cool idea, but that one would need a limit. like max at +90 speed for example
  • How about one along the lines of the Volatile Energies mechanic? Obviously, this would need nerfs along the lines of “can’t be used if there’s one enemy left, can only be used once, make it a four pip disc”, but this seems like a good idea.
  • Or one like the The Odds mechanic. Again, 4 pips, attack cap, slightly nerfed offense on the bonuses, etc.
  • Possibly adding one that sacrifices some statistics for others. Like, reduced offense for higher defense, reduced crit chance for higher crit damage. Along the lines of Ferocity.
  • Possibly adding one that sacrifices some statistics for others. Like, reduced offense for higher defense, reduced crit chance for higher crit damage. Along the lines of Ferocity.

That's fun.

You could also make a some global modifier ones (so it affects both allies & enemies equally) but the modifiers are skewed in such a way that they benefit certain toons more than others. That way you can choose to use it when modifiers are favorable.

For instance, a disk which doubles the defense of anyone with an Armor% of 50.01 or more and halves the defense of anyone with an armor% of 49.99 or less. For toons who gained defense, lose 10% speed and 25% offense, for toons who lost defense, gain 10% speed and 25% offense.

That one would be very interesting just to see if it would be worth it to attackers to gain that 10% speed, and whether enemy tanks would gain too much (many of them already have high defense in conquest).

What would be particularly interesting about it is that all of the enemies have indiscriminately boosted stats. Because of this you might have attackers with 50.01% armor. Although it would be harder to get around their Tanks without specific abilities or strategies to neutralize Taunt & stealth (which gets even harder against JML), you could live longer against their attackers so you taking longer to neutralize or get around a Tank wouldn't be as obviously fatal as it would be if the attackers on the other side did not have the penalty to speed & offense.

Separately...

That gives me an idea for another. What if you could pick up data disks that changed your actions? Examples:

Straightforward: Allies have +50% Offense when using basic attacks, but -50% offense when using special abilities.

Dizzying: Allies inflict Daze whenever dealing damage with a basic attack.

Fog of War: Whenever an ally uses a special ability, inflict Buff Immunity and Evasion down on the target enemy.

Blitz: Allies have +100% Offense and +100% Potency until the first time any enemy uses a basic attack.

Misdirection: Allies have +100% Evasion and +100% Crit Avoidance until the first time any ally uses an ability on their turn.

Outlast: Allies gain +3% defense every time any enemy uses a basic attack.

This doesn't change what happens on any particular action, but

War of Attrition: Every time any character dies, all remaining allies get -10% defense and +10% offense.

That's fun.

You could also make a some global modifier ones (so it affects both allies & enemies equally) but the modifiers are skewed in such a way that they benefit certain toons more than others. That way you can choose to use it when modifiers are favorable.

For instance, a disk which doubles the defense of anyone with an Armor% of 50.01 or more and halves the defense of anyone with an armor% of 49.99 or less. For toons who gained defense, lose 10% speed and 25% offense, for toons who lost defense, gain 10% speed and 25% offense.

That one would be very interesting just to see if it would be worth it to attackers to gain that 10% speed, and whether enemy tanks would gain too much (many of them already have high defense in conquest).

What would be particularly interesting about it is that all of the enemies have indiscriminately boosted stats. Because of this you might have attackers with 50.01% armor. Although it would be harder to get around their Tanks without specific abilities or strategies to neutralize Taunt & stealth (which gets even harder against JML), you could live longer against their attackers so you taking longer to neutralize or get around a Tank wouldn't be as obviously fatal as it would be if the attackers on the other side did not have the penalty to speed & offense.

Separately...

That gives me an idea for another. What if you could pick up data disks that changed your actions? Examples:

Straightforward: Allies have +50% Offense when using basic attacks, but -50% offense when using special abilities.

Dizzying: Allies inflict Daze whenever dealing damage with a basic attack.

Fog of War: Whenever an ally uses a special ability, inflict Buff Immunity and Evasion down on the target enemy.

Blitz: Allies have +100% Offense and +100% Potency until the first time any enemy uses a basic attack.

Misdirection: Allies have +100% Evasion and +100% Crit Avoidance until the first time any ally uses an ability on their turn.

Outlast: Allies gain +3% defense every time any enemy uses a basic attack.

This doesn't change what happens on any particular action, but

War of Attrition: Every time any character dies, all remaining allies get -10% defense and +10% offense.

Global modifying discs. Yes. Yes. YES. I need this.
    I like the ideas of action modifiers. Straightforward would be awesome to add. Cut the legs out from under GAS.
    Outlast and War Of Attrition seem really good.

How about this?
    Death Spiral: Whenever a character dies, one random remaining character on their side gains Deathmark for two turns, which cannot be evaded, resisted, or dispelled. 4 pips.
    Or how about discs that modify stats based on faction? Do they have those already?
    Rage Strike: Sith gain 50% Offense, Critical Chance, and Critical Damage, but lose 50% Defense, 25% Evasion, and 25% Resistance. 2 pips.
    Or even one that applies to certain types of enemies attacked?
    Crush The Scum!: If a Rebel is critically hit, dispel all debuffs on the attacking character and they gain 50% TM and Offense on their next attack. 3 pips.

But then again, to switch these all out, we’d need more Conquest Credits.
  • But then again, to switch these all out, we’d need more Conquest Credits.

True, but it would be worth it for some fun new disks if you weren't switching all that often...

...and as I've said elsewhere, I think that they should make disk switching free once you've defeated the Sector 5 boss. Sure, you'll still have feats left to do to get the Red crate (or most likely anyway), but really, if you've defeated the S5 boss, you're almost 100% going to get the red crate, so

1) it's not much of a giveaway
    and
    2) by letting you remove all your disks (and swap them, if desired), you can experiment with your toons against a whole bunch of different enemies just like a sandbox, but without CG having to program a sandbox mode because it's already here!
  • But then again, to switch these all out, we’d need more Conquest Credits.

True, but it would be worth it for some fun new disks if you weren't switching all that often...

...and as I've said elsewhere, I think that they should make disk switching free once you've defeated the Sector 5 boss. Sure, you'll still have feats left to do to get the Red crate (or most likely anyway), but really, if you've defeated the S5 boss, you're almost 100% going to get the red crate, so

1) it's not much of a giveaway
    and
    2) by letting you remove all your disks (and swap them, if desired), you can experiment with your toons against a whole bunch of different enemies just like a sandbox, but without CG having to program a sandbox mode because it's already here!

I like that idea. Beat the boss, get free switches. I guess it would be worth it to experiment, but only if you didn’t switch all that much before. With all these new discs hypothetically being added, people aren’t incentivized to switch their load outs because they know it’ll hit their pockets. They just keep using Dread, Booming Voice, etc. Make discs not cost CC to switch, or give us more CC. That’s what I think would be the best now to encourage theory craft.
  • But what do you think about Death Spiral, Rage Strike, Crush The Scum! ? Good, bad, good idea, bad idea, needs more?
  • I like death spiral for sure. I have one problem with Rage Strike in that it seems too much like just doubling Revan's leadership. If it was Sith who are not Sith Empire, I'd be fine with it. For Sith Empire it would have to be something else, I think.

Crush the Scum! is great, although I might give 1/2 the bonuses you listed as the new base bonus, then double that for Empire toons, and triple it for Imperial Remnant toons (for two reasons: Imperial Remnant has fewer toons and the toons that give you the most TM manipulation - Palp (L), Vader (L), Veers, Magma & Tarkin - are none of them Imperial Remnant, but also because being the threatened remnant they're more desperate, so their hatred for the Rebels is that much stronger).

I mean, as long as we're making things faction specific, why not have some fun with it?
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Retaliation: every time an ally suffers damage, that ally gains 10% counterattack chance till the end of the battle. 3 dots
    Res non verba
  • How about one that modifies characters based on the environment?
    I Don’t Like Sand: Jedi Knight Anakin and General Skywalker lose 50% Offense, Defense, Potency, and Tenacity when fighting in an area with a high percentage of sand in the background (Jakku, Tatooine)