Is it worth getting Commander Luke Skywalker?

Prev1
Korban
100 posts Member
edited April 2021
Guys, I fairly new to game, so far I only got 7 stars: Master Yoda, Emperor, Thrawn, R2D2 from the Adventure quests.

My question: is it worth going after Commander Luke Skywalker character? I have never seen him on any team, ever.

Maybe instead of pouring resources into his required characters (for the quest) I should consider going for someone else? Or in different order?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Yes
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Yes but a different order is fine. He’s still great but really shines with Han chewie 3po and chewpio and Han is raid so you will need a decent guild, chewie need bh iirc, and 3pio need Ewoks. So I would def do geos first. You can post your swgoh.gg and people can help more
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Absolutely - CLS is still one of the "better" toons in the game
  • Yeah he's really good. Pair him with raid Han and journey guide Chewbacca. C3PO and Threepio+Chewie are also amazing in that team.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    Do it - still a great character.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    You can post your swgoh.gg and people can help more
    Thank you, this is my profile: https://swgoh.gg/p/265587195/

I would appreciate any help or tips!
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    If my glasses are working correctly, it seems to me that you only need a 7th star for Leia to qualify for CLS; maybe a bit more gear on STHan. You'd also definitely need to level up, train and gear R2. While going for Geos then Padme first makes some sense nowadays, you are so close to CLS I'd just do it. Admittedly your quite a ways from Chewie and even farther from 3PO, but it would still be worth it.

After that, you'd have to decide WHEN to go for Chewie and 3PO. Personally I'd do them sooner rather than later, but that's just my preference. Going CLS, Geos, Padme, Chewie, 3PO makes sense too.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    CLS, Han, Chewie are the core of the squad and adding 3PO and Chewpio really turn it into a powerhouse.

Without at least Han and Chewie, all you have is a good toon - CLS - leading some lacklustre Rebel B-/C-grade squad.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    CLS, Han, Chewie are the core of the squad and adding 3PO and Chewpio really turn it into a powerhouse.

Without at least Han and Chewie, all you have is a good toon - CLS - leading some lacklustre Rebel B-/C-grade squad.

Though, early game, he could still be a good plug and play. Depending on how strong OP's guild is and what opponents are in GAC, he could still be a great clutch character if OP is indeed close to requirements.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    What about Empire team? I got Vader, Palp, Thrawn, Trarkin and Sandrooper. They are tons of to play with, but getting owned D:

Or a Madalorian team? Or bounty hunter team? Are they viable?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    From where you are at, Empire is the obvious choice. Zeta Vader Merciless Massacre first,.then Palp lead, then Vader No Escape (to deal with Geo Spy) and Thrawn unique.

If you gear up Bastilia Shan (Fallen) and sub her.in for Tarkin, the squad will only get stronger.
  • Jkane wrote: »
    If my glasses are working correctly, it seems to me that you only need a 7th star for Leia to qualify for CLS; maybe a bit more gear on STHan. You'd also definitely need to level up, train and gear R2. While going for Geos then Padme first makes some sense nowadays, you are so close to CLS I'd just do it. Admittedly your quite a ways from Chewie and even farther from 3PO, but it would still be worth it.

After that, you'd have to decide WHEN to go for Chewie and 3PO. Personally I'd do them sooner rather than later, but that's just my preference. Going CLS, Geos, Padme, Chewie, 3PO makes sense too.

Gosh, all of that farming. Nuts how this game is
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    From where you are at, Empire is the obvious choice. Zeta Vader Merciless Massacre first,.then Palp lead, then Vader No Escape (to deal with Geo Spy) and Thrawn unique.

If you gear up Bastilia Shan (Fallen) and sub her.in for Tarkin, the squad will only get stronger.

Thank you for the advice. Thought I've passed Empire teams now, and rank 30 right now and destroy Light Revan + Light Bastilla teams. Should I continue to buff Jedi team or still go for Empire team upgrades? Also, should I keep the Sandrooper healer or get some other DPSer instead and go full out?

Thanks.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Korban wrote: »

Thank you for the advice. Thought I've passed Empire teams now, and rank 30 right now and destroy Light Revan + Light Bastilla teams. Should I continue to buff Jedi team or still go for Empire team upgrades? Also, should I keep the Sandrooper healer or get some other DPSer instead and go full out?

Thanks.

If you're placing there you're getting good Crystal income - I would personally advise you that since you already have a strong start, you work on Imperial Trooper team:

Veers
    Stark
    Piett
    Range
    Death/Snow/Whatever

You already have 2 of them at 7*, piett isn't a bad farm at all being a 2X drop (and you get RHPoe with him) and he turns that strong team into monsters, you have some others already at 7* (and more at 6*) so you'll have a functional squad soon - you just need to focus on farming Piett.

IT can do 2 of the 4 Assault Battles, they're an amazing team when you begin doing Conquest, and they even counter some GLs.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Just to follow up on what rts said, that team (with Death as the 5th) with Piett at r0 and Starck at r1 ripped apart an R7 SEE team in TW. Once that Imp TM train starts rolling, it's tough to stop.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Just to follow up on what rts said, that team (with Death as the 5th) with Piett at r0 and Starck at r1 ripped apart an R7 SEE team in TW. Once that Imp TM train starts rolling, it's tough to stop.

Nikoms, what exactly is r0 and r1 ? I still bad at the game abbreviations.

And by "Range" did RTS mean Rangetrooper?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Nikoms, what exactly is r0 and r1 ? I still bad at the game abbreviations.

And by "Range" did RTS mean Rangetrooper?

Relic level 0 and relic level 1. My point was that they can take down full Relic 7 GL teams (they hit way above their weight class).

Yes on "range" being short for range trooper.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Some tips for you @Korban

1: Keep up your high fleet arena scores, even if that means falling in squad arena. Those high crystal rewards are soooo valuable.
    2. Get Jedi Knight Revan. He will greatly increase the viability of your Jedi team. He will replace Kanan in that team.
    3. Your empire team is great. If i were you, after you get JKR, I would for for GL Sith Eternal Emporer. You've already got Tarkin, Vader, EP, Thrawn ready, and with your great fleet and squad arena rankings, it will go relatively quickly to get him done.
    4. If I were you, CLS is great, but don't roll too many resources into him and his team. I would go for Sith Eternal instead.
    5. Let me know if you have questions. You are in an amazing spot in this game.
  • P.S. Getting Sith Eternal will also get you some of the best Imperial Troopers who, as others have said in this thread, are really good.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Cheers, OldBen. I decided to work on getting to JKR (since I love my Jedi team)

I also want to build a Droid squad, as another throwaway wave for the raids.
  • Korban wrote: »
    Cheers, OldBen. I decided to work on getting to JKR (since I love my Jedi team)

I also want to build a Droid squad, as another throwaway wave for the raids.

Droids aren't great in raids tho. And they really only get great in general when they are geared up to 12/13, especially Grievous at relics.
    Don't get me wrong, they're great, but that's a much different path than what I've heard you talk about.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Troopers can rip the best apart without breaking a sweat. It’s quicker to list what they DON’T counter than what they do.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    RTS wrote: »

Thanks.

If you're placing there you're getting good Crystal income - I would personally advise you that since you already have a strong start, you work on Imperial Trooper team:

Veers
    Stark
    Piett
    Range
    Death/Snow/Whatever

You already have 2 of them at 7*, piett isn't a bad farm at all being a 2X drop (and you get RHPoe with him) and he turns that strong team into monsters, you have some others already at 7* (and more at 6*) so you'll have a functional squad soon - you just need to focus on farming Piett.

IT can do 2 of the 4 Assault Battles, they're an amazing team when you begin doing Conquest, and they even counter some GLs.

RTS, what do you think about a Clone Team? (With Asoka or Shaak Ti)
    These teams seem pretty strong.

Or a clone team (bad batch) with the new Hunter character ?
  • CLS Chewpio team is machine-gun massacre. It beats:
    - everybody
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    CLS Chewpio team is machine-gun massacre. It beats:
    - everybody

Everybody you face, maybe.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Old_Ben12345
    399 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    RTS wrote: »

Thanks.

Veers
    Stark
    Piett
    Range
    Death/Snow/Whatever

RTS, what do you think about a Clone Team? (With Asoka or Shaak Ti)
    These teams seem pretty strong.

Or a clone team (bad batch) with the new Hunter character ?

Yes, clones are awesome. But so is basically every other team. Darth Revan is amazing. Clones, CLS, and Imperial Troopers are as well. So are Bounty Hunters, Geos, Padme, Grievous, etc. etc.

The question is which to do, because you can't get them all at once.

Right now you have a great JKR team. This opens the door to Darth Revan and Malak.
    You also have a solid start on Sith Eternal Emperor. This route would take longer but will give you better stuff in the end.
    Or you could just start something completely new like CLS. That could work too, but I think it's best to shoot for something you've already got a head start on.
    Does that help?
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Definitely helps. Although I never seen a single Sith Eternal Emperor on my seed. Wonder why.

I read his abilities, and they are confusing.

Would love getting Darth Revan.
  • Korban wrote: »
    Definitely helps. Although I never seen a single Sith Eternal Emperor on my seed. Wonder why.

I read his abilities, and they are confusing.

Would love getting Darth Revan.

When did you join the game? If you're pretty new (under 4-6 months) then that's just because it takes a long time to get any GL, even if you spend money.

Yeah, he's kinda weird, but also awesome. Basically shuts down the other team's damage while biding his time until his ultimate ability. Then he goes ballistic and kills everyone.

Do it! Darth Revan is amazing, and getting him and Malak will finish off that 'path' of Revans and Old Republic toons. That's a great idea to get him.

Quick tip: I think I already said this, but make sure you keep that high fleet arena ranking you've got. That crystal income is so helpful with progressing in this game.

Cheers
  • Yeah he's a beast when you get all the rest of the CLS meta in place (Chewie, 3p0, 3pac and RHan).