Mod advice

Nick_74
72 posts Member
Om stuck in Tier 7, I think I have gear enough so prob my mods are not good enough. Anyone have advice for this team?
fhr1w2v6gyn7.jpeg
e8umsurapw8n.jpeg
95vw4u5bafts.jpeg

Replies

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    It's hard to tell if those mods are good enough without seeing stats. Usually listing your speeds would be a good way to evaluate.
  • Or your swgoh.gg profile
  • Nick_74
    72 posts Member
    My allycode is 642-468-576
  • Wicket:
    Square looks slow, as does triangle. You could do with a better primary on your cross

Chirpa:
    These look decent, though a faster cross would help

Elder:
    I think you want him faster. Your diamond mod has no speed at all. I think triangle primary would be better as health. Speed primary on arrow better so he gets to move more.

Paploo:
    You need him to be much faster. That triangle mod is no use: speed set but no speed secondaries at all.

Scout:
    Square has no speed at all. Diamond, triangle and cross don’t have much speed. Crit Damage primary better on your triangle, and offence on your cross.

I had a look at all your equipped mods on swgoh.gg (can’t see any you have in your inventory that are not equipped). I think you’re up against it, to be honest, but to have any chance you’re going to need to pull mods off several characters for the event.

And if you’re not already doing it, start farming mods more aggressively!
  • Nick_74
    72 posts Member
    Wicket:
    Square looks slow, as does triangle. You could do with a better primary on your cross

Chirpa:
    These look decent, though a faster cross would help

Elder:
    I think you want him faster. Your diamond mod has no speed at all. I think triangle primary would be better as health. Speed primary on arrow better so he gets to move more.

Paploo:
    You need him to be much faster. That triangle mod is no use: speed set but no speed secondaries at all.

Scout:
    Square has no speed at all. Diamond, triangle and cross don’t have much speed. Crit Damage primary better on your triangle, and offence on your cross.

I had a look at all your equipped mods on swgoh.gg (can’t see any you have in your inventory that are not equipped). I think you’re up against it, to be honest, but to have any chance you’re going to need to pull mods off several characters for the event.

And if you’re not already doing it, start farming mods more aggressively!

Thanks! I will try to improve the mods
  • Captain Ziggy?

The quicker way is to give people the URL to your profile page. If you are CaptainZiggy, that's this:

https://swgoh.gg/p/642468576/

Assuming this is correct, I'm seeing:

Chirpa:
    Modded for speed & survivability
    +4k health (22.4k total)
    +2k protection (24.7k total)
    +110 speed (226 total)
    +226 offense (2430 total)
    Crit damage = 186%
    CC% = 33.1 (+5.3)

Elder:
    Modded for Health
    +15k Health (35.6 total)
    +20k Prot (50k total)
    +51 speed (173 total)

Wicket:
    Modded for crit damage & crit chance
    +1.6k health (17k total)
    +2.5k prot (25.7k total)
    +69 speed (215 total)
    Crit damage = 216%
    CC% = +18.5% (64.44 total)
    +284 offense (2591 total)

Paploo
    Modded for Speed & Health
    +3.6k Health (28.7k total)
    +14.3k Prot (43.2k total)
    +80 Speed (188 total, or 235 when without Taunt)
    Crit damage = 186%
    CC% = +6.35 (35.26 total)

Scout
    Modded for crit damage & crit chance
    +3.4k health (17k total)
    +1.7k prot (18.5k total)
    +68 speed (208 total)
    Crit damage = 180%
    CC% = +21.8% (58.83 total)
    +160 offense (2418 total)

First thing I noticed was that you've left a couple of important Omegas undone.
    • Scout's Tribal Tactics,
    • Paploo's Galvanize
    • Wicket's Guerrilla strike

Should all be Omega'd right away. The following are helpful but not as necessary:
    • Chirpa's Bounding Strike
    • Paploo's Diversion

A quick question: Is Paploo going first? I'm not sure what speed is required for that, but that's what you want. I know you need survivability as well, but you can get the survivability with a zeta even as you pare back on Prot & Health to get more speed.

I personally think that as long as you're getting the Ewoks so close to be a competent faction you might as well add one more zeta, either Paploo or Wicket. Both help. You should not underestimate the importance of adding protection recovery to this squad. Right now you're getting Health recovery, but look at those stats: all of them have more protection than health. If you make that into a renewable resource you're going to survive much longer. This is especially important without Logray to daze them, because they're going to do a lot more damage to you if they aren't dazed. If you decide to give out a zeta to one of Paploo or Wicket but not both, I prefer Wicket. It's not a huge deal, and either can work, but I thought I might as well offer you my opinion.

Now before we go further, you would do better to have Logray during this mission. You don't have Logray, I get that, but I hope you understand how that extra dispel and the AoE daze would make this mission much easier.

So you can't make this easy and you're going to have to invest player time in it if you can't invest in-game shards & gear.

My biggest thought right away is that you haven't gotten as much CC% from secondaries as I would like to see. More CC% on Wicket means more TM jumping. His CC% is good, but it could be better, and it honestly might be worth sacrificing damage for CC%. If you do 180% damage on a crit but attack twice as often, you'll be doing more damage than you will at 216% damage but lower CC%. The same is true of Ewok Scout if you Omega Tribal Tactics (as you should), although Scout already has a CC% triangle.

You really want to take as many turns as possible without the enemy moving at all. You can't do that with flat speed, but you can do that with TM jumping. So I would work to boost the CC% on Wicket & Scout if at all possible.

That said, if you add some more Omegas, this team with these mods can probably get the job done. You're just relying on RNG more than might be optimal.

If you choose to add more gear, Wicket and Scout are the obvious choices.

• Nick_74
    72 posts Member
    Thanks for the great input, as you wrote I’m Ziggy I will ad a link next time.
    I’m planning on putting the omegas im just low on recourses now, I try to avoid putting one more zeta though.

As for the order Paploo go first of my guys but the enemy are always doing a first attack, is it possible to get Paploo to go before them?

My kill order is chewie then Han but I don’t come longer than that.
  • is it possible to get Paploo to go before them?

I honestly don't remember, it's been so long since I did the event. I'll replay it (you can replay old events just for fun after you've completed them) and see what's going on with speeds & initial TM & such so I can maybe give better advice. But as I said, I think you can do it with this group. I had Logray instead of Scout, which made the whole thing a bit easier, but my gear levels were pretty much the same as yours and I don't think my mods were that much better.

In any case, I was getting trashed even with Logray, then I added a 2nd zeta & it all came together pretty quickly. It was obvious right away that things were easier and only took a few tries to finish once that 2nd zeta was on.

I can't take zetas off my ewoks (and I've since added a 3rd zeta), but I'll play the event through just to refresh my memory. Then I can see if I have more helpful advice than dropping a few Omegas & a Zeta you don't have, or getting & gearing up Logray which would obviously delay you quite a bit.

In the meantime, like I said, I think your mods are in the ballpark for what can get this done. As discouraging as it might be, the problem might need more resources than just mod-swapping.
  • Nick_74
    72 posts Member
    Got seven stars now, the thing I needed was speed, I had mods that made them about 220-230 then it was possible to win fairly easy even though it was a demand that chewie didn’t get stealth in the opening.
  • Glad you got it.

Out of curiosity, did you add the Omegas I suggested?