Newish Player (Level 68) needs some sort of guidance

1234568Next

Replies

• Thanks, Grogu.

I can give general tips, but my ships & pilots are too developed for me to give a good estimate of what levels of gear, ability, etc. are actually required to beat that node.

Well that’s why I try to help.

Also, I finally broke top 100 in fleet (my shard is rlly ahead, cos they have full Nego and Mal comps)! One Q: can Executrix beat Nego/Mal, and how?
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • One Q: can Executrix beat Nego/Mal, and how?

If it can, I'm not aware of that happening. G12 geos + 7* Vulture + 7* Hyena + Relic Grievous should be pretty impervious to any fleet Executrix can put up.

Nego w/ relic GK might be immune, might not, depending on the exact ships running with Exec and a few details about assist calling & such that I don't remember off the top of my head. The big problem is mainly that you can't keep summoning Vultures without Mal. When you're main Vulture dies, it summons a half-Health/half-Protection Vulture in its place...but only that one time, and only when it dies, so you can never have more than one Vulture on the field of play at a time. What makes the Mal nasty is having 3 or 4 Vultures all assisting at once, and they keep popping up again, every time Mal uses an ability (other than call-reinforcement). It's easy to create a huge population of ships, all assisting together. The same basic tactics useful with Mal vs. Nego will be available, but without all the extra assists, my guess is that they don't have the firepower to defeat Nego... unless the fighter pilots are relatively low gear (g12 anakin, g11-12 everyone else). Even then you're going to have to work for it.
  • One Q: can Executrix beat Nego/Mal, and how?

If it can, I'm not aware of that happening. G12 geos + 7* Vulture + 7* Hyena + Relic Grievous should be pretty impervious to any fleet Executrix can put up.

Nego w/ relic GK might be immune, might not, depending on the exact ships running with Exec and a few details about assist calling & such that I don't remember off the top of my head. The big problem is mainly that you can't keep summoning Vultures without Mal. When you're main Vulture dies, it summons a half-Health/half-Protection Vulture in its place...but only that one time, and only when it dies, so you can never have more than one Vulture on the field of play at a time. What makes the Mal nasty is having 3 or 4 Vultures all assisting at once, and they keep popping up again, every time Mal uses an ability (other than call-reinforcement). It's easy to create a huge population of ships, all assisting together. The same basic tactics useful with Mal vs. Nego will be available, but without all the extra assists, my guess is that they don't have the firepower to defeat Nego... unless the fighter pilots are relatively low gear (g12 anakin, g11-12 everyone else). Even then you're going to have to work for it.

Thx
  • So far I won't be able to clear the node soon.

Any changes in farms now?
    Should I still rush the 2* Bossk to g11?

Jedi Team is now finished in stars since I got Anakin to 7*
    Jolee is a bit behind, but may be good to go at 85
  • Nec_Azares wrote: »
    Should I still rush the 2* Bossk to g11?

IMO, gearing your Geos would be better.
  • If you leave Poggle alone (since he's not a pilot of anything) then none of the Geos need a stun gun at their current gear tier to get to their next.

Meanwhile Bossk needs 2x stun guns to get to g11.

So definitely give Bossk your next stun gun, then only Boss & Spy will need a stun cuff. You should do Bossk 2nd of those, but that will take Bossk to g9 without any other conflicts with the Geos, so no worry that you're delaying them. At that point look carefully at your geos and at Bossk to see which pieces might conflict.

You definitely want to boost Bossk sooner rather than later, but remember that going up a gear tier makes more of a difference to your 7* toons than it will to a 2* toon. So prioritize appropriately.
  • Another question - I will need a 5th Bounty Hounter for Chewie more sooner than later. Who do you recommend?
    Greef and Mando are long farms because not accelerated
    Greedo is just not good enough
    Zam may be an option?
    Cad is an option too after all the ships and Zeb - and I may need him later for ****
    Another question - I will need a 5th Bounty Hounter for Chewie more sooner than later. Who do you recommend?
    Greef and Mando are long farms because not accelerated
    Greedo is just not good enough
    Zam may be an option?
    Cad is an option too after all the ships and Zeb - and I may need him later for ****

Cad. He's also necessary for HMF.
  • Also, what are your 1st 4
  • Here's what I beat tier 6 with very recently, but not geared well enough on the Fetts for tier 7 yet.
    Bossk / Dengar pretty crucial, and Bossk, Boba & Cad you will need their ships anyway for the Falcon (plus IG-88 but don't use him for Chewie).

https://swgoh.gg/p/723784255/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunter
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Agreed. Cad Bane will get the job done as your 5th. Modding your BHs "correctly" becomes increasingly important for tiers 6 and 7 for the event. It will reduce the amount of time spent starting over and over until you get a lucky streak of good RNG.
  • I used Bossk, Boba and Dengar, with Jango and Cad for t5, Jango not 6* yet and still in need of more gear.

You need a tank: Bossk
    A main attacker: Boba
    A main support: Dengar
    And 2 more. Car’s stun is nice, and Jango rlly reinforced the attack
  • Nec_Azares
    82 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    First four are:

Bossk - 2* atm
    Boba - 7*
    Jango - 5* atm
    Dengar - 7* done but not upped

Cad was my first thought, because **** and since I don't have any really urgent targets in GW Store, it may be a fast farm.
    Soldier ship is 84/100
    Spy ship is done (AAAAAAND I got the Million to 7* it today)
    Zeb only needs 4 more buys, which go as sidefarm
    SF ship is rare
    Ahsokas Ship can be done together with Cad
  • Perfect. Cad is the way, then.
  • @Nec_Azares You are doing pretty good for lvl 81, you should get the Brood Alpha because you have other good geos and then you can get wat
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    @Nec_Azares

I see your lvl 83 now. How’s that GBA farming going? I’m currently getting him from 6-7*.

Also, how’s GK doing shard-wise, and who’s your fifth and how are they doing shard-wise?
  • Wanted to put out a short status update yesterday, but you came before :)

GBA is unlocked - because I put all refills into him, to get him as fast as possible - review so far: come on, that thing shoots the Geo team into the sky. Breezing through GW, not even needing my Jedi. And that was before I gave him the Zeta

Put the Zeta on him and he is 2 pieces away from G9, but he isn't even modded so far

Now I got back to Mission, who is 125/185 and Hera will need 7 more shards, which I may be able to weave in some time after Mission.

GK though is only 84/145, so it will take some time

My fifth will be R2 I think, because I used Credit heist to get Phoenix to 7*, which will get me a solid Empire team for R2. And in the meantime I'm still working on my Ewoks for C3PO

Other meantionable things:

STHan is done - switched to Leia.
    Fives is done in Cantina - don't know who to get now. Need to look up the plan
    Geo Ships are all done, except SF (53/100)
    Executrix is 6*, Tie X1 is unlocked.
    I managed to clear the Sion node, but am not able to get the Jolee node done :/

In GW store I'm mixing between Cad and Ahsokas ship, but always keep a bunch of tokens.

Vader is 80/100
    Jango is 25/85 for 6*
    Zaalbar is done
    Clones and Ewoks are getting up slowly on the side
    BH get their focus, when I can farm Bossk actively
    Raid Han is 134/145

I think that have been the most important points so far

Next Zeta will go into Vader, is that right?

Wanted to put out a short status update yesterday, but you came before :)

GBA is unlocked - because I put all refills into him, to get him as fast as possible - review so far: come on, that thing shoots the Geo team into the sky. Breezing through GW, not even needing my Jedi. And that was before I gave him the Zeta

Put the Zeta on him and he is 2 pieces away from G9, but he isn't even modded so far

Now I got back to Mission, who is 125/185 and Hera will need 7 more shards, which I may be able to weave in some time after Mission.

GK though is only 84/145, so it will take some time

My fifth will be R2 I think, because I used Credit heist to get Phoenix to 7*, which will get me a solid Empire team for R2. And in the meantime I'm still working on my Ewoks for C3PO

Other meantionable things:

STHan is done - switched to Leia.
    Fives is done in Cantina - don't know who to get now. Need to look up the plan
    Geo Ships are all done, except SF (53/100)
    Executrix is 6*, Tie X1 is unlocked.
    I managed to clear the Sion node, but am not able to get the Jolee node done :/

In GW store I'm mixing between Cad and Ahsokas ship, but always keep a bunch of tokens.

Vader is 80/100
    Jango is 25/85 for 6*
    Zaalbar is done
    Clones and Ewoks are getting up slowly on the side
    BH get their focus, when I can farm Bossk actively
    Raid Han is 134/145

I think that have been the most important points so far

Next Zeta will go into Vader, is that right?

Vader MM deserves 1st zeta, but 2nd will do.

Are you telling me I’ve been wasting fleet tokens in fives? When he’s in cantina store?

Lol SF Ship is a pain. I’ve got him low 40s.

Jolee node ... don’t know what I can do to help. If you max Spy’s abilities that allows Sun Fac to take the brunt of the attack, and for Spy do dish out serious damage with his special. Soldier’s unique and basic maxed would help for all those assists. If RI ability is maxed too, that allows for you to escape a tank. I ignored that node, as I completed Jolee before TIE Advanced node.
  • Thought the GBA Zeta will be more helpful and may even scare someone in Squad Arena - Vader just needs a few more shards and a few gear ups I think

I meant the char, not the ship

I made some profit now in the Groundbattle event - got the first two tiers 3* (thanks to my good Jedi) and got a bunch of SF ship shards is now around 60/100

Jolee could be a close farm until 85, but I will try to get the fleet node done.
    Meanwhile I am farming only ETA2 and sometimes X1, Slave 1 and Sun Fac
  • Thought the GBA Zeta will be more helpful and may even scare someone in Squad Arena - Vader just needs a few more shards and a few gear ups I think

I made some profit now in the Groundbattle event - got the first two tiers 3* (thanks to my good Jedi) and got a bunch of SF ship shards is now around 60/100

Jolee could be a close farm until 85, but I will try to get the fleet node done.
    Thought the GBA Zeta will be more helpful and may even scare someone in Squad Arena - Vader just needs a few more shards and a few gear ups I think

oops. Reload there I think
    Thought the GBA Zeta will be more helpful and may even scare someone in Squad Arena - Vader just needs a few more shards and a few gear ups I think

Oh. I got the character 7*. Ship 43/100 not done Ground War yet today.

Ok. The ship farming sounds good.
  • I absolutely recommend refreshing GBA, but after 5*, 1 refresh of cantina energy per day on him will be fine. That's what I'm doing, and got him from 5-6* within a week, and 2 weeks after 6*, I'm 89/100 to 7*.
  • My update so far:

Mission is finished
    Vader is 7*
    T3 needs around 80 shards to finish
    the bigger problem regarding JKR will be Jolee. He is only 50/100 and I am on my way to 85. The fleet node is still not doable.
    Right now I am mostly buying Ahsokas Ship, Plo Koons Ship, SF ship and Cad Bane in GW store and Fleet Store.
    Rare buys like Grievious, X1 and Slave I always
    GW will be 47/50 today

I am now in multiple thought processes

My Palpatine is only 6* because right now, my Phoenix are to weak. I don't think I will get a 7* Thrawn out of them too - so I kept my Thrawn at Lvl1 without gear.
    Jango is a slow farm too, so I won't be able to use him, to cheese Padme. So I will rely on Nute.

Right now I used 1 or 2 refills these days for Old Ben, to be ready for CLS ( Raid Han is unlocked since today)
    But maybe I should really get more GBA done?!

I am gearing my toons up slowly but steadily - but I lost a little bit of investment focus.
    Should I gear up my Phoenix to get Palps and then R2 (I have a ready Snowtrooper for 7* or Starck to get R2)?
    Or where should I throw my "cash"? ;)

My farms/buys:

Squad Arena: Leia
    GW store: as said
    Guild Tokens: Ewoks and Clones and sometimes gear
    Fleet store: as said
    Cantina Store: Hoth Scout

Hard nodes:
    Jolee
    Vulture
    Hyena
    Jango
    Wicket

Cantina:
    T3

Fleet:
    ETA2
    Sun Fac
    Slave I
  • Sounds good
  • @Nec_Azares haven't seen any updates lately, how is your progress coming along?
  • My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/