GAC History on swgoh.gg

arbster
59 posts Member
edited April 2021
Given that CG has apparently decided to give swgoh.gg sole access to the GAC History data, is there any chance CG could also "encourage" swgoh.gg to make that data available in a timely manner? The last round of GAC ended over 24 hours ago and yet the data is still not available.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• pånøs
    152 posts Member
    swgoh.gg gives you data that CG gives them. Are you sure CG gave them data for last round?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    pånøs wrote: »
    swgoh.gg gives you data that CG gives them. Are you sure CG gave them data for last round?

This. The data is available in a timely manner, I believe they post it 3 days after the event, that is when they can access it.
  • arbster
    59 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

This. The data is available in a timely manner, I believe they post it 3 days after the event, that is when they can access it.
    Historically it has always been available before first round defences need to be set. Which is today.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    As long as the data (and GAC history) is correct I'm fine with the current delay.
  • pånøs
    152 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    truth be told though, data are still not there... hope that won't become a habit
  • arbster
    59 posts Member
    truth be told though, data are still not there... hope that won't become a habit
    So you agree that this is unusual, and that the data would usually be available for setting first round defences? Perhaps you and I are the only ones here who are actually competitive at GAC.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    arbster wrote: »
    Perhaps you and I are the only ones here who are actually competitive at GAC.

200w.gif?****=82a1493bhzfjteav8xrbi9d7zwlklu7sjac489erzlfbv61o&rid=200w.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    So you agree that this is unusual, and that the data would usually be available for setting first round defences? Perhaps you and I are the only ones here who are actually competitive at GAC.

As long as the GAC history is made available to all players at the same time we're all on an even playing field - competitive player or not.
  • arbster
    59 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    As long as the GAC history is made available to all players at the same time we're all on an even playing field - competitive player or not.
    This is only true if it is guaranteed that the data won't be made available at all prior to defences being posted. However, because there is no communication, and swgoh.gg isn't accountable to players, it is quite conceivable that the data will suddenly become available after some people have posted defences. It would be easily solved if the data would simply be made available "in a timely manner", ie consistently and predictably, whether that means we always have it for first round defences, or never have it for first round defences. It's the inconsistency that I'm objecting to.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    This is only true if it is guaranteed that the data won't be made available at all prior to defences being posted. However, because there is no communication, and swgoh.gg isn't accountable to players, it is quite conceivable that the data will suddenly become available after some people have posted defences. It would be easily solved if the data would simply be made available "in a timely manner", ie consistently and predictably, whether that means we always have it for first round defences, or never have it for first round defences. It's the inconsistency that I'm objecting to.

We are on GAC 56 with three rounds each. If you can’t figure out your opponents defense tendencies after 168 rounds, one more week is not likely going to make a difference in your decision making skills.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • arbster
    59 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    We are on GAC 56 with three rounds each. If you can’t figure out your opponents defense tendencies after 168 rounds, one more week is not likely going to make a difference in your decision making skills.
    I hope to face you in GAC some day if you place equal weight on defences placed in rounds from a year ago.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Or.....two weeks ago?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    I hope to face you in GAC some day if you place equal weight on defences placed in rounds from a year ago.

If a hyperbolic argument is the only one you have, I’ll move on. Good luck in your round.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2021

Personally I'm not bothered with it being inconsistent. I can usually see what I need to see from the available data even if it's not from the most recent GA. As long as we're on an even playing field it's fine with me - and we are.
  • arbster
    59 posts Member

If a hyperbolic argument is the only one you have, I’ll move on. Good luck in your round.
    Genuinely good luck to you too. I'm not sufficiently frequently on the forums to have come across you before, so I took offence at your earlier tone.

Tendencies are funny things, aren't they? My previous opponent placed largely the same defence as in the previous week, so my plans were sufficient. However, my next opponent placed a completely different JML comp this past week than in the first week of the season; one which is not easily countered by SLKR, and which will cause me to post a very different defence to ensure I have a more reliable counter, and a clean-up team. Perhaps my defence/attack is too finely balanced if this can make the difference between winning and losing.
  • arbster
    59 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Or.....two weeks ago?
    See my reply to ImaSmakya.
  • arbster
    59 posts Member
    Personally I'm not bothered with it being inconsistent. I can usually see what I need to see from the available data even if it's not from the most recent GA. As long as we're on an even playing field it's fine with me - and we are.
    My point was that we're not on an even playing field if the data is released at an unspecified time, potentially during the defence-setting period. If the answer is that we all need to place our defences at the last possible moment "just in case", that seems like a bad answer.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    My point was that we're not on an even playing field if the data is released at an unspecified time, potentially during the defence-setting period. If the answer is that we all need to place our defences at the last possible moment "just in case", that seems like a bad answer.

You're free to choose when you want to set your defenses. If you prefer waiting until the data is available then you're free to wait. Your opponent can chose to do the same.

Personally I'm not bothered with it being inconsistent. I can usually see what I need to see from the available data even if it's not from the most recent GA.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    My point was that we're not on an even playing field if the data is released at an unspecified time, potentially during the defence-setting period.

I believe what they are getting at in that post, is that if the information is released to everyone at the same time, then we are all on an even playing field. Which is true.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I believe what they are getting at in that post, is that if the information is released to everyone at the same time, then we are all on an even playing field. Which is true.
    Were everyone in the same timezone, I would agree. However, for some, defence-setting ends in the middle of the night, so if/when the data is released part-way through the defence-setting period it is very much not an even playing field.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Were everyone in the same timezone, I would agree. However, for some, defence-setting ends in the middle of the night, so if/when the data is released part-way through the defence-setting period it is very much not an even playing field.

That is true no matter what, people also have jobs and other things that get in the way, but no one has the information available before anyone else. The issue with timeing will always be present in any world wide game.