GC Madness Tournament - Round 3: Elite Eight

CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
520 posts EA Community Manager
edited April 2021
j0dti0fnq0e7.png
Hello Holotable Heroes,

The 2nd round of GC Madness is over and the field has been pared down to the Elite Eight!

Like last round, Galactic Challenges will be paired off and pitted against each other to vie for your selection. The four winners from this round will be reordered and matched up in the next round, where two new winners will be selected. The rounds continue until only two GCs are left and one is crowned champion. While this tournament is mostly for “funsies,” it will also help give the devs a better understanding of which GCs have been your favorites so far.

Choose your preferred GCs based on the modifiers for each of the locations, player and enemy squads. Rewards and other criteria associated with a specific GC (other than the modifiers listed above) should not be factored into your choices.

Although the survey link found here is where your votes will be cast, discussion in this thread is highly encouraged. Feel free to tell us why you chose the ones you did and kindly debate as to your favorite - or not-so-favorite - Galactic Challenges.

Within the survey, you will find images of the modifiers that apply to each GC for your reference. These images can be opened in new tabs if you need to get a closer look and you’re unable to zoom in. Additionally, each of the modifiers are pictured in the spoiler section below.
ikpjexjubb2c.png
yxfvdilp9kfd.png
qzdox6vfv4ky.png
2z34bt7e4kgt.png
6ylyv43ce2zl.png
5t1znuwrqlwv.png
ocejvot1k5iy.png
ufoxdwupb5ro.png
v6j430bha9n0.png
8h7wj3ok7q0h.png
ano4efw8lrz6.png
vqm43gv95dil.png
3uirpob8hykn.png
ev7kci7iizkd.png
078t1uf9agez.png
srx80cswd1tk.png
92fa1wdkq37j.png
hjdpd7q7xb1w.png
9jg52zg047so.png
n5aad1nyend8.png
rlc571jhj4qj.png
9cs71mx8roo8.png
69ea3eshhlqm.png
8f0h93l9aefd.png
5yzfzxzw2fty.png
tefcc7ade2if.png

LINK TO SURVEY HERE.

Elite Eight Matchups (includes the original seed number, start date, location, player and enemy factions, and win percentage from previous round): dkufw4lkce1g.png

As you can see from the image above, the original seed-numbers have been retained from the first round. On the far right side of the image, the win percentage from the last round is also included. This is the percentage of overall votes that particular GC took against its opponent in the previous round, be it because the GC was well-liked, or because the opposing GC was uh, not popular.

For this round, the GCs with the highest win percentages are matched against those with the lowest.
Post edited by CG_Doja_Fett_MINI on

Replies

• HK22
    644 posts Member
    I can't get in to the survey. It says that you need permission from your organization, even though I am logged in the forums when trying to access it.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    I can't get in to the survey. It says that you need permission from your organization, even though I am logged in the forums when trying to access it.

Same Here
    qhfmwmy27k0o.png
  • iZeta
    14 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Honestly not one bit surprised those that are most accessible are winning the tournament so far. Not to say I dislike the more faction-specific ones but simply that the majority of the player base have decently geared Jedi so they would naturally vote for that one since it's the one they can get the highest prize box in. That being said I'm a bit sad the tatooine ones are not here. Anakin has won for now it seems lol. Kinda unfortunate that it seems most people are voting based on the factions instead of modifiers.

One thing I'm interested in is how did you guys over at CG think this would play out? Did you also think the more accessible ones would win?
    Post edited by iZeta on
  • HK22 wrote: »

Same Here
    qhfmwmy27k0o.png
    same here

• Sorry for the broken link. It should be fixed and good to go now.
  • Anakin_Earthrunner
    62 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    I always find the Dathomir GC's fun. And the rebel vs Nightsister was one of the best Dathomir GC's. With Chewpio he could keep doing his aoe killing off the nightsisters which stacks his offense and then the sisters came back every 10 turns so he could do it again lol
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    iZeta wrote: »
    Honestly not one bit surprised those that are most accessible are winning the tournament so far. Not to say I dislike the more faction-specific ones but simply that the majority of the player base have decently geared Jedi so they would naturally vote for that one since it's the one they can get the highest prize box in. That being said I'm a bit sad the tatooine ones are not here. Anakin has won for now it seems lol. Kinda unfortunate that it seems most people are voting based on the factions instead of modifiers.

One thing I'm interested in is how did you guys over at CG think this would play out? Did you also think the more accessible ones would win?

I’m surprised Empire vs GR made it this far

I’m not a fan of the GR modifier, regardless of which end the faction is (player or enemy)
  • StealthGOBLIN32
    376 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Nice to see the power struggle modifier making it. But when did the clones get a GC?
    3v3 FTW
  • Ultra wrote: »
    iZeta wrote: »

I’m surprised Empire vs GR made it this far

I’m not a fan of the GR modifier, regardless of which end the faction is (player or enemy)

I'm not a fan of it either, but I'll deal. Coruscant makes it so much less time consuming. Vader MM / JKR Mark can get around GK taunt, and just taking down Padme was ez.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • iZeta wrote: »

Well I kinda am going: Coruscant and Kamino are my fav, (sad Kaminos are gone). And anti-GR / Scoundrel / Rebel enemy most of the time.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Hated the GR and Safe Haven modifiers. Other than that, Jedi/Rebel for me.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Nice to see the power struggle modifier making it. But when did the clones get a GC?

I don't think they ever did

Look at the dauntless courage modifier under the spoiler tab of the op. It has a clone modifier.
    3v3 FTW
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

Look at the dauntless courage modifier under the spoiler tab of the op. It has a clone modifier.

I'm aware of the modifier, but i don't think we ever had a GC where we were asked to use or face clones

I'm aware of the modifier, but i don't think we ever had a GC where we were asked to use or face clones

Does that mean that we’re getting one?
    3v3 FTW
  • I like Death Star GC a lot
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Maybe every other week GC in May will be CT

Maybe every other week GC in May will be CT
    more likely bad batch gc like Mando
  • The fact, that one of the Rebel GC-s is definitely getting voted out this turn sparks a lot of joy. Also, Rebel Vs NS was one for me, where the planet practically overruled the the rebel modifier and it ended up being a strategical fight, so i am cool with that. This glass is at least half full for me, probably even more.