Would shard exchange be good in SWGoH?

Idk about you, but shard exchange would be really good, especially with new players. It will even be good for getting your ships upgraded.

Replies

• This would be too open to abuse.
  • Yeah I would start 5 accounts and just donate shards to my main account
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I remember some talks about some kind of "apprentice" system, so maybe shard donation could be a part of it. But it would have to be one way, from the "master" to the "apprentice", to prevent the abuse mentioned above.
  • Plus it would require the game to stock up on shard and not to convert them I to currency right away too much hassle
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Player-to-Player economy has destroyed so many great games. No thanks. This game is not made for that either. We already have the donation feature for gears. More than enough.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Antario wrote: »
    Player-to-Player economy has destroyed so many great games. No thanks. This game is not made for that either. We already have the donation feature for gears. More than enough.

The current gear donation amounts is laughably insignificant. That’s needed to be upped for years.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    No thanks. I am already on the severe losing end of the gear donation system, I don’t need to be bleeding shards too.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »
    No thanks. I am already on the severe losing end of the gear donation system, I don’t need to be bleeding shards too.

You don't need to bleed gear either. Well, unless your guild requires it, but then it should be somewhat balanced.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    True. My approach is that I don’t request anything. It’s a drain on others. We all need the same gear and moving from G10-G11 makes little real difference for me. I’m too thoughtful to make requests and too generous not to give. Just my nature. I stopped donating with my alt at 2000 pieces in 7 months and just about to 1000 pieces with my main in about 8 months (where I will stop donating).
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

The current gear donation amounts is laughably insignificant. That’s needed to be upped for years.

People would game the system by creating alt accounts as a feeder to the main account otherwise
  • Konju wrote: »
    True. My approach is that I don’t request anything. It’s a drain on others. We all need the same gear and moving from G10-G11 makes little real difference for me. I’m too thoughtful to make requests and too generous not to give. Just my nature. I stopped donating with my alt at 2000 pieces in 7 months and just about to 1000 pieces with my main in about 8 months (where I will stop donating).

I don't ask for, or give away stun guns, stun cuffs, or carbantis.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

People would game the system by creating alt accounts as a feeder to the main account otherwise

So 2 mk5 droid callers is enough still?
    I don’t see the issue with just making all the donations a flat 10 a day for gear and even add in donations for a couple relic materials per day. Maybe carbanti circuit boards
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

So 2 mk5 droid callers is enough still?
    I don’t see the issue with just making all the donations a flat 10 a day for gear and even add in donations for a couple relic materials per day. Maybe carbanti circuit boards
    I agree on the 2 capped items. There is no reason they should still be capped at 2.

Relic materials though I disagree with. The only people who can spare them are those that don't yet realise how big a pinch point they're going to become.

For me, one of the best things about gear exchange is that people simply cannot ask for the high end stuff, so nobody can give it away.

• For me, one of the best things about gear exchange is that people simply cannot ask for the high end stuff, so nobody can give it away.

Yet I still see guys asking for guns and cuffs and carbs.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

For me, one of the best things about gear exchange is that people simply cannot ask for the high end stuff, so nobody can give it away.

Don't worry, Kyro made that gear irrelevant.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

• For me, one of the best things about gear exchange is that people simply cannot ask for the high end stuff, so nobody can give it away.

So do I. They are still on 0/5 23hrs later
  • TVF wrote: »

Don't worry, Kyro made that gear irrelevant.

LOL, right! It just made that gear not the immediate bottleneck. I can buy those three with earned currencies but kyros are slow unless u spend the xtals.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.