Shipments shards rotation

Bora
440 posts Member
When was the last time characters' shards has been rotated out of shipments? Perhaps my memory fails me, but as far as I can recall there has been only additions for a long time.
If it is so, each time a new character is made available in shipments it occupies the same spots, progressively shrinking the chances to actually be able to buy them without refreshing the store.
Honestly, I'd say that buying from shipments is already crystal intensive enough without adding roulette style refreshes on top of it. Besides, if this isn't addressed, sooner or later it will inevitably reach a point in which the newest characters chances to appear will be small enough to be close to irrelevant.
Am I missing something? Perhaps chances to appear aren't equal among characters and are instead highered or lowered depending on how long they've been made available? It doesn't feel like it to me, but hey, no one is completely immune to bias, right?
Res non verba

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5008 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    They've said they will never change nor add to them now, they are there for new players, vets get easy shard shop currency from them

They aren't talking about the GW, Arena, Cantina stores etc. They are asking about characters that appear in the "Shipments" tabs for crystals. All new marquee characters go there 4-6 weeks after release, but they are rarely removed again.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    They've said they will never change nor add to them now, they are there for new players, vets get easy shard shop currency from them

They aren't talking about the GW, Arena, Cantina stores etc. They are asking about characters that appear in the "Shipments" tabs for crystals. All new marquee characters go there 4-6 weeks after release, but they are rarely removed again.

Exactly. On some occasions it happened a pretty new character was required to unlock a legendary/journey/GL/whatever with very little to no time to farm it from nodes.
    I find being able to purchase shards from the shipments my happy middle ground to keep up without whaling on marquees, but as they keep adding stuff on the same tiles it's becoming increasingly less probable to see the character you'd like to buy a few shards and apparently it looks like the only solution would be to refresh the shipment store.. Which I'd say is a horrible way to spend crystals.
    Res non verba