Why does Secrets and Shadows Challenge Tier 3 exist?

Replies

• Antario wrote: »
    They should change the faction requirement for S&S and allow Mandalorians.
    Stiehl wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    I believe players do it with NS, but you need Talia.

Are you sure it’s been done on tier 3? That strategy is an insane RNG-fest on tier 2 but I’ve never seen anyone pass wave 4 on tier 3.
    I’m hoping for a GL nightsister soon :)

Moon SWGOH says he’s got a guild mate who did it

Also said he's got full r7 NS, optimally modded, and it took him several hours to finally get the RNG, since it's the same strategy as previous tiers. Doesn't seem worth the headache.

If they made the event Darth Sidious the same as a player's version R7, people would beat Tier 3 with G12.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »

Are you sure it’s been done on tier 3? That strategy is an insane RNG-fest on tier 2 but I’ve never seen anyone pass wave 4 on tier 3.

Also said he's got full r7 NS, optimally modded, and it took him several hours to finally get the RNG, since it's the same strategy as previous tiers. Doesn't seem worth the headache.

If they made the event Darth Sidious the same as a player's version R7, people would beat Tier 3 with G12.

they should just change CT3 to be 2 waves. 1 random wave then Sidious as the final wave. because if you beat him you can beat nihlius no problem thus everything comes down to just him
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »

They don't really need to make him like a player r7 version, but I don't think anyone will argue that it isn't ridiculous.
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    All the people that beat T3 are sworn to secrecy and must hide , in the shadows.
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    It’s meant for a full r8 NS team.

R8 Nightsisters don't work, even with maxed out 6-A mods. Sidious does too much damage and is too fast. It is literally impossible at this time.
  • For trolling purposes only.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    For trolling purposes only.

But that's the odd thing. Many of the others are t3 possible, even without maxed teams. Heck, some t3 have been possible with a non-relic character in the mix. This one seems impossible, even with maxed teams and ridiculous mods.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    On the plus side, it’s not like we’re missing out on better rewards.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Ya you would think the data shows the devs that nobody is completing the event and maybe, just maybe they should scale it back.
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    Ya you would think the data shows the devs that nobody is completing the event and maybe, just maybe they should scale it back.

The only thing that devs scale back is the rewards
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Sewpot wrote: »

That's cute....coming just a few weeks after they nerf the Challenge Rancor difficulty.

They also scaled back the difficulty of the original GMY event and GW. But why let facts interfere?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Sewpot wrote: »

That's cute....coming just a few weeks after they nerf the Challenge Rancor difficulty.

They also scaled back the difficulty of the original GMY event and GW. But why let facts interfere?

I thought we are still using our feelings as fact, not facts as facts
  • That's cute....coming just a few weeks after they nerf the Challenge Rancor difficulty.

They did not nerf the RCT difficulty.

The RCT is now logistically easier because you don't need to post at the same time as your guild mates. However, as a challenge to your in-game abilities, the RCT is now harder. MUCH harder, actually. It used to be possible for people to get over 50% in a single phase with a single team. Try that now.

As a game challenge, the RCT is clearly harder. It is only in terms of human logistics that it can be said to be any easier at all.

In other words, they made RCT harder, but simultaneously gave it a QOL update.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

They did not nerf the RCT difficulty.

The RCT is now logistically easier because you don't need to post at the same time as your guild mates. However, as a challenge to your in-game abilities, the RCT is now harder. MUCH harder, actually. It used to be possible for people to get over 50% in a single phase with a single team. Try that now.

As a game challenge, the RCT is clearly harder. It is only in terms of human logistics that it can be said to be any easier at all.

In other words, they made RCT harder, but simultaneously gave it a QOL update.

Disagree. It's harder for individuals to score higher in a single run. But most are able to score the same if not higher overall, because players have more viable teams, because you can hit a phase multiple times with several viable teams. Last time our guild (which had failed and had several close calls) took it down in under 90 minutes.

If it's easier for the guild to complete it, faster for everyone, and has more viable teams than it did previously, it's easier by almost every definition (save for "easier to score massive damage in one run").

Would you prefer they revert the raid?

• It's harder for individuals to score higher in a single run. But most are able to score the same if not higher overall,

No one in my guild is scoring more than 40% in p1, even though we had multiple players who could score 40% before the change. Similarly, I could score 20%+ in p1 before, and now I never score over 13-14%, typically less.

The only people who are scoring the same or more now than they were before are the people who were using teams that got less than 4% so their best squad's damage isn't reduced much, and are able to make up the difference with a 1% or 2% squad that they previously hadn't used. Note that 2nd team didn't become any better. It's just that - logistically - you now have the time to use it.

But no, I'd wager that no one (or "almost no one") who was scoring big in the raid is scoring nearly as much since the change. In any guild whose membership GP isn't completely lopsided, there isn't anyone scoring 50% in any phase at all any more. Even 5 players attacking in p1 guarantees that, whereas before everyone held damage and then the officer in charge would pick 2-4 people whose damage added up to 100% and let them post, which meant damage over 50% was routine.
    players have more viable teams,

Players had all the same teams before, and literally NONE of them do more damage now than they did before. The only difference is logistical: you don't have to hold your damage to post at the same time with everyone else. If you want to throw away another team to get 1.06%, you can do that without the rest of the guild getting mad at you, but the team didn't become more viable. It's not suddenly going to do more than 1.06% after the changes. The Rancor isn't any easier to damage or easier to out-speed or easier to debuff than it was before. It's certainly not doing less damage or debuting you less often than it was before.
    If it's easier for the guild to complete it

it's easier for humans to do what humans need to do. It's not easier for the toons to deliver damage or avoid death.

Of course not. But that's because they made a huge QOL improvement - as I already said - not because they made the Rancor weaker.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    So it’s not easier, it’s just easier? I agree. Good talk
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    It's harder for individuals to score higher in a single run. But most are able to score the same if not higher overall,

No one in my guild is scoring more than 40% in p1, even though we had multiple players who could score 40% before the change. Similarly, I could score 20%+ in p1 before, and now I never score over 13-14%, typically less.

The only people who are scoring the same or more now than they were before are the people who were using teams that got less than 4% so their best squad's damage isn't reduced much, and are able to make up the difference with a 1% or 2% squad that they previously hadn't used. Note that 2nd team didn't become any better. It's just that - logistically - you now have the time to use it.

But no, I'd wager that no one (or "almost no one") who was scoring big in the raid is scoring nearly as much since the change. In any guild whose membership GP isn't completely lopsided, there isn't anyone scoring 50% in any phase at all any more. Even 5 players attacking in p1 guarantees that, whereas before everyone held damage and then the officer in charge would pick 2-4 people whose damage added up to 100% and let them post, which meant damage over 50% was routine.
    players have more viable teams,

Players had all the same teams before, and literally NONE of them do more damage now than they did before. The only difference is logistical: you don't have to hold your damage to post at the same time with everyone else. If you want to throw away another team to get 1.06%, you can do that without the rest of the guild getting mad at you, but the team didn't become more viable. It's not suddenly going to do more than 1.06% after the changes. The Rancor isn't any easier to damage or easier to out-speed or easier to debuff than it was before. It's certainly not doing less damage or debuting you less often than it was before.
    If it's easier for the guild to complete it

it's easier for humans to do what humans need to do. It's not easier for the toons to deliver damage or avoid death.

Of course not. But that's because they made a huge QOL improvement - as I already said - not because they made the Rancor weaker.

You quoted me, then your "arguments" against what I said pretty much agreed with what I said. It's nice to see we agree. The RCT is easier now for players than it was before. Getting the same rewards with less effort - the entire point of this discussion. Let's move on.

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    "RCT"? No thanks.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    "RCT"? No thanks.

That's what Seedy called it - I was just using it for consistency. I usually call it "Crankor" (in guild chat).

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    "RCT"? No thanks.

That's what Seedy called it - I was just using it for consistency. I usually call it "Crankor" (in guild chat).

I know that's what she called it but I refuse to encourage it.
  • Just need timing on ground war, JKL lead, make sure to finish each round with Heroes Arise and you'll smash tier III.
  • TVF wrote: »
    "RCT"? No thanks.

Says the man who tried to push “Beskalorian” on the community! 😉
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    ToxicFish wrote: »
    Just need timing on ground war, JKL lead, make sure to finish each round with Heroes Arise and you'll smash tier III.

this is about the nightsister assault battle. not the jedi one
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    "RCT"? No thanks.

Says the man who tried to push “Beskalorian” on the community! 😉

I forgot about that, thanks!
  • Where is he???? lol

I feel like Thor in Infinity War.......BRING ME KENOBI!!!!
  • Probably in an update around 5-7PM EST, just to troll us. I was really hoping for an unlock first thing this morning.
  • Or release today, and cant do the event until tomorrow. :'(
  • They released a video saying he is now available....Please CG make him available!
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    My Guild is having a competition as to which of us can be the first to spot him in our Arenas.
    Personally, if I don't see him in the top 50 by Saturday then I will be very disappointed by the oligarch spenders in my Arena Shard.