New Galactic Legends predictions

Replies

• It isn't necessary for new leia to be a GL, as long as she is as good as GAS or JKL. So that kind of event would be enough.
  • Maul and Ahsoka. Both still in play in all the new shows
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    It will be ashoka tano requiring mandalorians, galactic Republic, and Phoenix for light side and then thrawn from that series for dark side requiring imperial remnant, some empire, and a ezra.
  • Ahsoka with a neutral tag, letting her be a carte blanche or wildcard to any faction requirement. :)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ahsoka with a neutral tag, letting her be a carte blanche or wildcard to any faction requirement. :)

While not a Jedi anymore, she is still very much Light side.
  • I see her as being on the side of the individual underdogs with honor, that’s usually light side but not always. Some darksiders have honor and integrity, and given her history I think there could be arguments for her having grown into a “lawful neutral”.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »
    i dont think its super likely, BUT.....

i think since a good number of Separatist leaders were done already we could get General Kalani as a GL for them. somewhat similar to the TB version but changed around to fit a GL more.

The problem is that in order to be a Galactic Legend there probably shouldn't be a sizeable portion of the fanbase that reads the name and says, "Who?"
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

i think since a good number of Separatist leaders were done already we could get General Kalani as a GL for them. somewhat similar to the TB version but changed around to fit a GL more.

The problem is that in order to be a Galactic Legend there probably shouldn't be a sizeable portion of the fanbase that reads the name and says, "Who?"

TBF people said Rey who for years and she is a GL ;)

but i know he wouldnt be likely at all, i was just thinknig of a seperatist that could work, PLUS his model is already in game
  • E3P0
    109 posts Member

In fact exactly the opposite. People are forgetting that one of the primary motivations for the devs' choice will be profit-driven. A GL has to inspire a large portion of the playerbase to pursue it, enough so that they're hopefully inspired to spend money. So extreme widespread popularity has to be a major factor. Which pretty much restricts us to only half a dozen or so characters.
  • E3P0 wrote: »

In fact exactly the opposite. People are forgetting that one of the primary motivations for the devs' choice will be profit-driven. A GL has to inspire a large portion of the playerbase to pursue it, enough so that they're hopefully inspired to spend money. So extreme widespread popularity has to be a major factor. Which pretty much restricts us to only half a dozen or so characters.

You and NicWester are saying the same thing in different ways lol
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I see her as being on the side of the individual underdogs with honor, that’s usually light side but not always. Some darksiders have honor and integrity, and given her history I think there could be arguments for her having grown into a “lawful neutral”.

Caring for others, especially the underdogs, is the main trait of Light side. If the uderdog is Dark aligned, so what? As long as she is doing it for selfless reasons, she is firmly in the Light.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    I don’t see Disney’s intention of making their 3 movies the most important Star Wars content going away.

Next GL’s Ben Solo and Rey Skywalker.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Pile wrote: »
    I do pose this question though......What if we are done with Galactic Legends? Seems like CG has obtained pretty good competitive balance between the current four and logic would suggest that balance would be increasingly difficult to maintain with every additional GL.

I see GLs as the new "base roster", from here we are more likely to see power creep GLs, vs no more GLs. Everything is forever moving forward.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I do pose this question though......What if we are done with Galactic Legends? Seems like CG has obtained pretty good competitive balance between the current four and logic would suggest that balance would be increasingly difficult to maintain with every additional GL.

I see GLs as the new "base roster", from here we are more likely to see power creep GLs, vs no more GLs. Everything is forever moving forward.

I wouldn't mind that at all. As more and more get all four of the current DLs, arena is getting way too top heavy for my taste.

Mods are still a good sorting mechanism, at least on my shard.
  • flux_rono wrote: »

i think his counter part could be Chancellor Palpatine, who works well with the Republic, but more so with clones.
    (clones because i also want a GL Kenobi with GL pre-suit Vader, and GL Kenobi working with the Republic Jedi more in particular)

Who? Lol but for real...why do people think GLs are going to be anyone other than the main stars of the universe? It’s perplexing...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

i think his counter part could be Chancellor Palpatine, who works well with the Republic, but more so with clones.
    (clones because i also want a GL Kenobi with GL pre-suit Vader, and GL Kenobi working with the Republic Jedi more in particular)

Who? Lol but for real...why do people think GLs are going to be anyone other than the main stars of the universe? It’s perplexing...

Eh. People are just excited, is all, no harm in it. When Palpatine was released and we had a second Legend, every character proposal and thread on the board presumed Legend status. When raids were introduced everyone presumed raid reward characters. When Journeys came out, same thing.

Now we have Galactic Legends and people presume any character they talk about will be GL status. After all, it’s a lot more exciting to talk about what Galactic Legend Dexter Jettster will do than it is to talk about what Wounded Clone Trooper CT-1234’s marquee event will be like.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

This. So true. Why I mainly don’t see a GL Mando coming, Mando hasn’t and won’t have a big say on the galaxy (I love Mando btw), will only be the stars of the universe

This. So true. Why I mainly don’t see a GL Mando coming, Mando hasn’t and won’t have a big say on the galaxy (I love Mando btw), will only be the stars of the universe

Let’s start speculating on what next after GLs then. Because there’s just a handful of characters worth that title from what you’re saying.
  • I’d like to see a GL Yoda and GL Darth Tyrannus. Both could have some interesting force moves.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    I think they’ll,

Add these marquees: Jar Jar, Hondo, Dutchess Satine, Chancellor Palpatine

Give us a JKL style event of:

TCW S7 Darth Maul (Mandalore)
    TCW S7 Ahsoka Tano (Mandalore)

Then make Hondo, Satine & Maul required for GL Master Kenobi

and make Chancellor Palpatine, Jar Jar & Ahsoka required for GL Lord Vader (Pre-suit)

;)

• A true neutral revan GL because CG can make money off requiring relic old republic and sith empire and introduce new marquees
  • GL seemed to be ‘faction champions’, so new GLs would probably not be Jedi nor sith leaders, as these spots are taken. There is room for a Galactic Republic champion though.
  • There is room for a Galactic Republic champion though.

Yeah. Interestingly enough, GL Dooku would be perfectly appropriate for the Separatists. While we all know that Dooku was merely the apprentice to Sidius, as far as the general population of the Galaxy is concerned, Dooku was the leader of half the galaxy and the true champion of the Separatists in their fight against the Republic.

While he was always secretly subordinate to Sidius, he certainly has legendary status in the Galaxy.
  • Nihl
    11 posts Member
    I'm thinking Crimson Dawn Darth Maul with bounty hunter synergy and a high ranking rebel. Not Luke since we already have 1 GL, maybe Leia or Bail Organa?