Kit Reveal: Hunter

1235Next

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    lol
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    When is the next kit reveal ? According to the picture, there should be one today.

There is
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    28 day long Marquee? This intentional? I hope so. I think that we should have a section in the Journey guide for new players to get old marquees. Think that might help new player retention.

Yes this is intentional! We wanted the Marquee events to run this whole month. If anyone is returning to the game then they will get the chance to earn them all. Plus the min level req is much lower than usual at lv 30 so newer player have a shot at getting them unlocked by the end of the month
  • Wow! Thanks!
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    28 day long Marquee? This intentional? I hope so. I think that we should have a section in the Journey guide for new players to get old marquees. Think that might help new player retention.

Yes this is intentional! We wanted the Marquee events to run this whole month. If anyone is returning to the game then they will get the chance to earn them all. Plus the min level req is much lower than usual at lv 30 so newer player have a shot at getting them unlocked by the end of the month

Wow, thanks for the response Crumb! Is this change just for the BB or marquees from now on??
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Wow, thanks for the response Crumb! Is this change just for the BB or marquees from now on??

For now, just BB.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I noticed something no one seems to be saying.
    Maintaining buffs (specifically Defense Up) is very important for the Bad Batch squad. You will want to avoid pitting them against teams with frequent mass dispels.
    The Bad Batch are supposed to be specialized in taking down Separatists, but it seems the best counter to them would be any team with B2, but specifically GG droids. Why have the whole team rely on maintaining buffs when the team they are supposed to beat dispels them regularly?

Without seeing the rest of the kits, it's hard to come to that conclusion. They could easily have other abilities for control over that situation, but not against other toons who dispell frequently.
    So do you think one of them will prevent bonus turn meter gain to shut down B2 but leave other teams open? This seems like the only way to prevent GG droids from running circles around them. But like you said, we'll have to wait and see.

I don't think it will happen, but I've been asking for a character that punishes TM gain for years now. It would be awesome to see it as a counter to a lot of squads. There are obviously a lot of ways to do that, but something like a unique that gives bad batch allies % offense increase equal to opponents % TM gain would be so much fun. And it would kill in the new rancor raid, where the bosses gain tons of TM.

CG is most certainly going to give us a team to crush their new raid that is supposed to be really hard... through a marquee event series.

Again, it wasn't a prediction, but taking 4 marquee characters to r5 to qualify for the raid will be extremely pricey. Sounds exactly like what CG might do.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    I noticed something no one seems to be saying.
    Maintaining buffs (specifically Defense Up) is very important for the Bad Batch squad. You will want to avoid pitting them against teams with frequent mass dispels.
    The Bad Batch are supposed to be specialized in taking down Separatists, but it seems the best counter to them would be any team with B2, but specifically GG droids. Why have the whole team rely on maintaining buffs when the team they are supposed to beat dispels them regularly?

Without seeing the rest of the kits, it's hard to come to that conclusion. They could easily have other abilities for control over that situation, but not against other toons who dispell frequently.
    So do you think one of them will prevent bonus turn meter gain to shut down B2 but leave other teams open? This seems like the only way to prevent GG droids from running circles around them. But like you said, we'll have to wait and see.

I don't think it will happen, but I've been asking for a character that punishes TM gain for years now. It would be awesome to see it as a counter to a lot of squads. There are obviously a lot of ways to do that, but something like a unique that gives bad batch allies % offense increase equal to opponents % TM gain would be so much fun. And it would kill in the new rancor raid, where the bosses gain tons of TM.

CG is most certainly going to give us a team to crush their new raid that is supposed to be really hard... through a marquee event series.

Again, it wasn't a prediction, but taking 4 marquee characters to r5 to qualify for the raid will be extremely pricey. Sounds exactly like what CG might do.

Not to mention LSGeoTB. They are starting to look like good PvE toons.
  • From developer intentions, it seems that Crosshair's kit (or Wrecker's, but more likely Crosshair) will interact with reapplying target lock