Please end 3v3 GAC....or make them less frequent

Prev1
CrispyFett
970 posts Member
edited April 2021
I really hate this mode so much. And I know people will respond "then don't play it" but then I'm just missing out on content and (mediocre) rewards. It would be nice if players could elect which type of GAC they wanted when it was starting - 5v5 or 3v3 - and then players would be matched up accordingly. Just a thought

Replies

• Lol 90% of ppl I encounter in GAC just auto assign and leave it. They need to tweak the rewards
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    What do you hate about it?

I used to hate 3v3, didn't want to spend the time to figure it all out properly, and wasn't making much headway.

Eventually I realized 3v3 was here to stay, got on youtube and found some squads other people are using :p it's still not that great but I rank even better than in 5v5 now so whatever.
  • Banr_05
    51 posts Member
    I know this is a hot take, but I like it better than 5v5
  • 3v3 is an enjoyable game mode if you want it to be. You can find all sorts cool teams on YouTube. Ask your guild for help. I’ll even help you if you want. Just find some fun teams and use them. If you play 3v3, you will find that Kyber is easy due to the lack of competitive players. Also, if people got to pick their mode most of the better players would pick 3v3. Give 3v3 a try and if you don’t like it, you don’t like it.
    3v3 FTW
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    3v3 is fun. Nice seeing/using different teams.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It's not that I can't win - I win the majority of my 3v3 matches. I just find it tedious and boring compared to 5v5. I guess I feel like the game is mostly geared towards 5v5, so that 3 player teams just aren't as much fun for me
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If there was three 5v5s in between two 3v3s I would be too rusty for the first round of 3v3. One or two 5v5s for every 3v3 is fine.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    3v3 GACs were less frequent. People complained that they didn't get enough practice. :D
  • jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

The problem is: Lead's like Moff Gideon's need a specific setup to work and 3v3 just ruins that. Moff Gideon is relatively worthless in 3v3 because he loses the lead.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    jawa7778 wrote: »

The problem is: Lead's like Moff Gideon's need a specific setup to work and 3v3 just ruins that. Moff Gideon is relatively worthless in 3v3 because he loses the lead.

The problem is relying on only certain toons and leads.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member

Can get over 300 speed sub-g12 and empty the enemy squad's TM bars as opening move. Worthless? :D:D:D
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

So some chars/teams are way worse or even pointless in 3v3 (I won't even start about Gideon lead...). Get over it and adapt.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Valeran
    119 posts Member
    I like 3v3 better, however, matchmaking is a universal problem that only sees your actual galactic power. I lost recently to a player with 200k+ GP which is basically not a problem, however, he had 3 GLs and I just have SEE. Now that GLs are around that should be added as a filter too, so your opponent could have a maximum of 1 more GL than you have.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Valeran wrote: »
    I like 3v3 better, however, matchmaking is a universal problem that only sees your actual galactic power. I lost recently to a player with 200k+ GP which is basically not a problem, however, he had 3 GLs and I just have SEE. Now that GLs are around that should be added as a filter too, so your opponent could have a maximum of 1 more GL than you have.

Before GLs it was GAS, Malak or whatever the newest META character was. Players who unlock them before their opponents earned their advantage. Adding that filter wouldn't be fair to them.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    And GA(C) matchmaking by pre-dates GLs, g13, relics, JKL, GAS, DR/Malak, GET2 capital ships and more. Players have now had over two years to evolve their rosters for it.
  • Can't stand it. Long and boring month. I love getting people to relic then not using them for 4 weeks. Will afk 3v3 from now on.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Can't stand it. Long and boring month. I love getting people to relic then not using them for 4 weeks. Will afk 3v3 from now on.

You're at 4.2m GP. I'm curious on which relic chars you're talking about.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Can't stand it. Long and boring month. I love getting people to relic then not using them for 4 weeks. Will afk 3v3 from now on.

Posted screen shot waiting for "approval"
  • Valeran wrote: »

This of course is correct. This is why whales will eventually only populate the game. If they sheduled college foorball teams in with NFL nobody would watch. CG either is innept at competitive quality control or purposley wants disgusting imbalance. To be honest I've never see such a rejectionof the basics to this degree. Its unprecedented.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2021

This of course is correct. This is why whales will eventually only populate the game.

This of course is incorrect. In GA how well you develop your roster is more important than how fast you develop your roster. Whales build their roster fast - not necessarily better.
    If they sheduled college foorball teams in with NFL nobody would watch. CG either is innept at competitive quality control or purposley wants disgusting imbalance. To be honest I've never see such a rejectionof the basics to this degree. Its unprecedented.

Developing your roster is part of the competition. You're matched against players who spent a similar amount of resources building the relevant part of their roster. It would be like if in football they scheduled teams with a similar budget against each other - which is in a way what they do. NFL teams have much larger budgets than college teams.
  • Legend91 wrote: »

I have 32 relic toons. Here is over 200k useless GP q8vxf58t4r0h.jpg

And honestly I have won so much I have zero zeta urgency. Thats the other problem. The rewards aren't good enough anymore to justify the effort. They are pathetic actually. If they made the rewards enticing I might deal with 3v3 but they are so miserly that my apathy reins.
  • Re: rewards... in what way is this any different from 5v5?

Also, if SLKR is one of your relic toons, more than half of the “useless” GP you’ve posted is anything but, and GP that every single owner of SLKR has got.
  • Waqui wrote: »

This of course is correct. This is why whales will eventually only populate the game.

This of course is incorrect. In GA how well you develop your roster is more important than how fast you develop your roster. Whales build their roster fast - not necessarily better.
    If they sheduled college foorball teams in with NFL nobody would watch. CG either is innept at competitive quality control or purposley wants disgusting imbalance. To be honest I've never see such a rejectionof the basics to this degree. Its unprecedented.

Developing your roster is part of the competition. You're matched against players who spent a similar amount of resources building the relevant part of their roster. It would be like if in football they scheduled teams with a similar budget against each other - which is in a way what they do. NFL teams have much larger budgets than college teams.

False. It is possible to get beat by a top-heavy roster if they have the right squads, having joined the game later and targeting down the latest meta while you have a three year old roster with not enough counters to beat full relic cls /chewthree, full relic MM and JKL all on D and they are smart enough to have no history while they can see yours. I've played GAC for yeas I know every corner of the economics of it. For the most part the match making is fine for me. I win prettymuch all of the time. I think I ranted more on how CG has handled TW match ups (or not handled it).

Also, if SLKR is one of your relic toons, more than half of the “useless” GP you’ve posted is anything but, and GP that every single owner of SLKR has got.

The rewards aren't different. Didn't say they were. They should be better since everyone seems to think this is "super pro" mode or whatever (I actually find rng to play a bigger role in the outcome in 3v3 than 5v5 which makes me disagree).

Im not looking for equity here. I dont care what anyone else has. I don't want to dial in Ahsoka to tighten up my GR squad then see that I'll be parking her on the bench for four months. You aren't going to convince me this is awesome. And again, this isn't a fairness argument. It's a value issue.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Re: rewards... in what way is this any different from 5v5?

The rewards aren't different. Didn't say they were. They should be better since everyone seems to think this is "super pro" mode or whatever (I actually find rng to play a bigger role in the outcome in 3v3 than 5v5 which makes me disagree).

Im not looking for equity here. I dont care what anyone else has. I don't want to dial in Ahsoka to tighten up my GR squad then see that I'll be parking her on the bench for four months. You aren't going to convince me this is awesome. And again, this isn't a fairness argument. It's a value issue.

Maybe you should build a squad that can use AT.

This is why I like 3v3. Because people are not able to move past button pushing.

You didn’t say they were different, but you said the rewards weren’t good enough to justify the effort. So why are the rewards in 5v5 good enough to justify the effort?

Four months with your Ahsoka on the bench? What are you even talking about here? There are multiple game modes - I have several relic toons who rarely / never see the light of day in PvP, but they have either unlocked other toons or have uses elsewhere like TB or their ship in fleet arena.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

I have 32 relic toons. Here is over 200k useless GP q8vxf58t4r0h.jpg

And honestly I have won so much I have zero zeta urgency. Thats the other problem. The rewards aren't good enough anymore to justify the effort. They are pathetic actually. If they made the rewards enticing I might deal with 3v3 but they are so miserly that my apathy reins.

Don't know why HK is relic'd, fun I guess.
    Other than him it's obviously the SLKR requirements. Either you accept that GL requirements will always have a lot of chars that you don't really want to relic up (that's why JML is such a good GL as his requirements are really good overall) and that will either be useless or just throw away stuff for defense or you can make the best out of it, put that zeta on Phasma and place a leftover Phasma team on defense.
    Is it gonna get a hold? No. Is it gonna drain lots of banners from your opponent? No. But you'd be surprised on how many people are dropping banner(s) there and even a single banner dropped on that team is basically a full win.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

False. It is possible to get beat by a top-heavy roster if they have the right squads, having joined the game later and targeting down the latest meta while you have a three year old roster with not enough counters to beat full relic cls /chewthree, full relic MM and JKL all on D and they are smart enough to have no history while they can see yours. I've played GAC for yeas I know every corner of the economics of it. For the most part the match making is fine for me. I win prettymuch all of the time. I think I ranted more on how CG has handled TW match ups (or not handled it).

So you agree it's a matter of how well you build your roster and not how fast, right? Having the counters you need available is part of building your roster well.

GA / GAC has been out for 2.5 years now. That's how long we've known how matchmaking works. The mistakes made by 3 year old accounts before GA was introduced don't matter any more. 2.5 years is plenty of time to correct the early mistakes.
  • Waqui wrote: »

False. It is possible to get beat by a top-heavy roster if they have the right squads, having joined the game later and targeting down the latest meta while you have a three year old roster with not enough counters to beat full relic cls /chewthree, full relic MM and JKL all on D and they are smart enough to have no history while they can see yours.

Ok, it's possible, but how that makes what he said false ? Oo

• Julian_Sixty_Six
    108 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Re: rewards... in what way is this any different from 5v5?

You didn’t say they were different, but you said the rewards weren’t good enough to justify the effort. So why are the rewards in 5v5 good enough to justify the effort?

Four months with your Ahsoka on the bench? What are you even talking about here? There are multiple game modes - I have several relic toons who rarely / never see the light of day in PvP, but they have either unlocked other toons or have uses elsewhere like TB or their ship in fleet arena.

I meant four *weeks*, that's the length of a GAC season. Yes there are multiple game modes. I can appreciate your passion in defending 3v3, but saying "there are other game modes" I don't see changes the my problem with 3v3.

The rewards in 5v5 are good enough to justify the effort because the intangible rewards of enjoyment reduce the importance of the game rewards. 3v3 doesn't carry the same intangible rewards, which increases the importance of the game rewards. It's a valuation argument. People value things differently. Nobody has to be accountable to my personal preference, I just think with that in mind something like GAC should offer a choice. It's hard not to notice the large number of threads wanting less of or no 3v3 but I don't see the same thing for 5v5.

I also don't want people who like it to not be able to play it. They should be able to choose it and make all of their wildest dreams come true. What is really weird is the total mob derangement toward those who complain about 3v3.