Malevolence bugged? Nerfed? WAI?

Gavsta
201 posts Member
edited April 2021
I've noticed the Malevolence fleet has been crippled over the past few days.... nothing I can see in game updates, and no info on this.
Have others noticed this at all?
I've found that assists are not coming as they should when attacking ships that have buzz droids on them.
I lost a few fleet battles, but also a battle in TW (which as you can imagine is not great guild behaviour).
Anybody else experiencing this?

I'm a bit vexed & perplexed (he he... rhyming!!) but I'm lucky I've other fleets to work with, but I guess those who have grinded out a strong fleet like Malevolence and have nothing else, it must be a tad frustrating.

Anyways, any info, news... etc on this would be great.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I think they’ve fixed the assist bug. It wasn’t supposed to be a 100% assist rate.
  • They also fixed the order of operations.

Prior to the fix, vulture droids all assisted even if the enemy was long dead. Now, it happens one at a time, so the vulture droids often don’t need to assist, so they don’t get as many stacks of overcharge.
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    I think they’ve fixed the assist bug. It wasn’t supposed to be a 100% assist rate.

Thanks for pointing this out.
    When did they fix/update this @HumbleMumble buddy?
    I see the link there, but I see nothing in the update notes to let us know of the changes... in fairness, I'm a bit of a dufus and may have missed it though.
  • Zhongwen1976
    140 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    o66d25czy9aj.jpeg
    This is from the March 17 update
    @Kyno please help me understand this update text. It seems to have done the opposite.
  • Whatever they're doing in fleet, it must be bigger than just this one "fix" that is making GG fleets rubbish. Though there are all kinds of other weird things happening in fleet (the AI's dodge meta is back at full force!)

They should refund relic mats for anyone who took GG to R8 for fleet purposes before this "bug fix" happened.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Whatever they're doing in fleet, it must be bigger than just this one "fix" that is making GG fleets rubbish. Though there are all kinds of other weird things happening in fleet (the AI's dodge meta is back at full force!)

Got some data to back this up? Of course not.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Yip @Whatelse73 ..... and how often does the game crash just as you enter into a fleet battle? I'm getting that at least once every other day.
    I'd post a ticket, but can't be bothered.... I've more things to do in my life than pursue it and be told I've no proof....etc.
    I just had the game crash today as I entered a fleet battle.... what to do?
    I hope these bugs get sorted out soon cos simple things like game stability are what I would love over new characters ot game modes.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    So, list of changes over the last month that has made Mal fleet significantly worse (though still 2nd best):
    1. Summoned VD's no longer assist other VD's at a 100% rate (they do still assist real units 100% of the time)
    2. VD's now assist after the calling unit's attack finishes, this means that
    a. The target will potentially no longer have buzz droids (meaning hits against HT do nothing)
    b. If the target dies the VD's do not gain overcharge
    c. If the target has foresight, the calling unit clears it (this is the only good part)

Not sure why they are making these changes now, other than they just now managed to get to them on the list. But it definitely makes offense harder as a Malevolence user.
  • Quit nerfing Malevolence. It's one of so very few pleasures in this game and these bugs and supposed 'fixes' are making it incredibly unpleasant. 70% chance to assist on summoned vultures became 0% chance to assist 2 battles in a row but that's WAI? Then the 3rd battle against the same opponent, changing nothing, vultures assist every time.......is the goal to waste my time so I'll spend crystals to aim for 1st?

Change the name of the game to Star Wars: Roulette Wheel of RNG. That's all this is becoming anymore since you introduced the GLs and it's only getting worse. It's no longer about your strategy or your knowledge. It's all about if the RNG is going to bless you or curse you. That isn't fun.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Quit nerfing Malevolence. It's one of so very few pleasures in this game and these bugs and supposed 'fixes' are making it incredibly unpleasant. 70% chance to assist on summoned vultures became 0% chance to assist 2 battles in a row but that's WAI? Then the 3rd battle against the same opponent, changing nothing, vultures assist every time.......is the goal to waste my time so I'll spend crystals to aim for 1st?

Change the name of the game to Star Wars: Roulette Wheel of RNG. That's all this is becoming anymore since you introduced the GLs and it's only getting worse. It's no longer about your strategy or your knowledge. It's all about if the RNG is going to bless you or curse you. That isn't fun.

Nope
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Quit nerfing Malevolence. It's one of so very few pleasures in this game and these bugs and supposed 'fixes' are making it incredibly unpleasant. 70% chance to assist on summoned vultures became 0% chance to assist 2 battles in a row but that's WAI? Then the 3rd battle against the same opponent, changing nothing, vultures assist every time.......is the goal to waste my time so I'll spend crystals to aim for 1st?

That is the mods game and has always been here.
  • camper288
    211 posts Member
    I will give an up on that topic. When correcting the "bug" of the attack order of the separatist ships, now randomly the vultures simply do not help, and have nothing to do with the visual bug of the plo kun ship. If you don't know how to fix it, the little discomfort of the separatist ships continuing to attack as if the target were dead is nothing compared to the current situation of you being randomly defeated by a bug caused by silly preciosity.