Game crashes

Lovimgsaskia1
370 posts Member
edited April 2021
Has anyone noticed that the game crashes have increased over the last week? I was experiencing around about a crash or 2 a day over the last few weeks, but now I'm getting something in the region of 5-6 a day and multiple guild members are saying the same and is now costing us waves in tb.
Frustrating I hope CG manage to push a technical update soon.

Tried to raise a ticket with EA, but considering it just repeats preview I can't even submit it lol.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ive crashed several times daily over the last week. I lost 4 arena battles yesterday. I just got an 0/4 in LSGTB due to it. It's killing the game for me. I've been playing since a few months after release and never had an issue. Not one. Ever since the Conquest update the game crashes regularly on iOS. I've tried making sure all other apps are closed as it feels like a memory issue within the game to me. It doesn't seem to help.

I added a "me too" comment on their Answers site in the main thread for this issue. There hasn't been any recent communication from the company on that thread. I simply cannot believe this issue isn't already fixed and a top priority. It's killing the game for a lot of people. With the amount of money we've given this company it's an absolute outrage this hasn't had the full focus of the dev team and isn't prompting regular updates to the community.
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Do you fully close the game after each session or let it run in the background?
  • MikKro wrote: »
    Do you fully close the game after each session or let it run in the background?

Yep. I've tried rebooting the phone as well and starting fresh while opening only SWGOH. It still happens.
  • Same, it possibly does reduce the number of crashes but I still get them along with several in the guild
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    The game does have a memory leak, it could be the cause or one of them.
    They are aware and said fixes are coming, all we can do is wait
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Not saying this will fix it, but something android users can try is enabling Dev options and setting the background process limit to 4

Aside from that, regularly clearing cache and keeping recent apps clean
  • MikKro wrote: »
    The game does have a memory leak, it could be the cause or one of them.
    They are aware and said fixes are coming, all we can do is wait

Yeah sounds very much like what I'm experiencing. Haven't cleared cache but will give it a go to see if that reduces the problems.
  • If the game crashes, what is the Android or iPhone version of a seat belt?
  • Samsung s20 android 11
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This has been noted by the dev team:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/243056/increase-in-game-crash-instances#latest

Please report any instances of bugs and issues to Answers HQ.
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>