Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

• zucgmktatv68.png
    I'm not just talking about Star Wars Rebles, but Grand Inquisitor has always been my favorite so I just had to ask about him.
  • Also what the heck happened to the third inquisitor?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Do you think we could ever get a Inquisitor, I have been playing for a while and I think it would be nice to add an Inquisitor branch with Grand Inquisitor (lead/support), Second Sister (attacker), Eighth Brother (attacker), Fifth Brother (tank), Seventh Sister (support). Where there is a raid to get one of them, and a journey guild for Grand Inquisitor. Or something like this.
    This is coming from a kids perspective, I have read/seen everything about Star Wars. I know a lot of people don't care, but I have been hoping for a long time to see Inquisitors in SWGOH. I know there could be legal trouble, but there wont be any from me.
    If you could just consider putting in these characters, I think it would make the game more interesting and fun.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe CG said at some point they did not plan to add any characters from seasons 1 and 2 of Rebels, which is why we never got any inquisitors, or blaster-saber Ezra, etc. I would assume they moved on from that at this point anyways, but I think that's why it never originally happened.

There is Fallen Order sequel on the way, so there is a good chance that we will get Inquisitors (as well as the protagonists) when it comes. Plus the Kenobi show could plausibly feature some of them as well, although it is far from certain at this point.
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    I appreciate everyone who has contributed a point or added to the conversation on this thread. I had nothing to do with that officer tools thread, so idk what to tell ya about that. What I can say about this thread is that it's helped me to compile a running list of things that I can try to work with when the time is right. Some things I may never get around to, some issues may perhaps enter into play if the studio is doing something related, etc.

But, likely the most useful and soon-to-be-realized thing this thread will help contribute to is a new project I've been working on that will take the place of Q&A. It'll be much different than the old version and I'm excited about it. That's all I can say for now, other than I'm hoping it'll debut at some point in the next few weeks to a month.

I understand not everything moves as quickly as some of us would like (myself included), but that's not something I can control.

Any updates on the new communication format ETA? We haven't had a state of the galaxy in several months and haven't had a Q&A in almost a year...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    I appreciate everyone who has contributed a point or added to the conversation on this thread. I had nothing to do with that officer tools thread, so idk what to tell ya about that. What I can say about this thread is that it's helped me to compile a running list of things that I can try to work with when the time is right. Some things I may never get around to, some issues may perhaps enter into play if the studio is doing something related, etc.

But, likely the most useful and soon-to-be-realized thing this thread will help contribute to is a new project I've been working on that will take the place of Q&A. It'll be much different than the old version and I'm excited about it. That's all I can say for now, other than I'm hoping it'll debut at some point in the next few weeks to a month.

I understand not everything moves as quickly as some of us would like (myself included), but that's not something I can control.

Any updates on the new communication format ETA? We haven't had a state of the galaxy in several months and haven't had a Q&A in almost a year...

The SoTG and RA, dont have a strict schedule. We have seen RAs when they have something to say, and that was the general plan they outlined for those types of announcements. (not trying to make excuses, just an FYI)

I pinged them about the QA, maybe they can be asked, or will have some answer in the discord chat they will be doing.
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

The SoTG and RA, dont have a strict schedule. We have seen RAs when they have something to say, and that was the general plan they outlined for those types of announcements. (not trying to make excuses, just an FYI)

I pinged them about the QA, maybe they can be asked, or will have some answer in the discord chat they will be doing.

There was only one month in 2020 without a SotG or Road Ahead (even though one was a construction delay). We're 2 out of 3 months without either. I know they're not beholden to any schedules the players might want, but they're out of their own normal cadence by a bit at this point.

In January, Doja said a few weeks to a month, and then later said he needed another month, if I recall. We're a few weeks past that self imposed goal, so I'm just asking if there's a status to be had.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

There was only one month in 2020 without a SotG or Road Ahead (even though one was a construction delay). We're 2 out of 3 months without either. I know they're not beholden to any schedules the players might want, but they're out of their own normal cadence by a bit at this point.

In January, Doja said a few weeks to a month, and then later said he needed another month, if I recall. We're a few weeks past that self imposed goal, so I'm just asking if there's a status to be had.

Not exactly, they stated a while back that the SoTG and RA would not have a schedule/cadence and would be based on when information needed to be presented. The SoTG being a longer reaching broad strokes of content, and the RA being smaller chuncks and check ins. Again I'm not trying to make excuses, but with the way we have seen things rolling out, those posts are "less needed" as there is not much to discuss on that scale.

yes I agree, and likely the current status will be a similar update as last time, where he has things in place and is working on it as best he can. As he has stated, these things can take a little more time to get laid out than he realized.
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member

Not exactly, they stated a while back that the SoTG and RA would not have a schedule/cadence and would be based on when information needed to be presented. The SoTG being a longer reaching broad strokes of content, and the RA being smaller chuncks and check ins. Again I'm not trying to make excuses, but with the way we have seen things rolling out, those posts are "less needed" as there is not much to discuss on that scale.

yes I agree, and likely the current status will be a similar update as last time, where he has things in place and is working on it as best he can. As he has stated, these things can take a little more time to get laid out than he realized.

I would think the updates to conquest and the pit raid would warrant a new state of the galaxy since the state of the galaxy is different (much better in my opinion). Does Bad Batch indicate we're going back to the clone wars era? Are more Imperial Remnants coming to round out Moff Gideon's team? Will Bo Katan get her buddies? Any new bounty hunters coming? What did Crumb have for brunch last weekend? So many unanswered questions..
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I would think the updates to conquest and the pit raid would warrant a new state of the galaxy since the state of the galaxy is different (much better in my opinion). Does Bad Batch indicate we're going back to the clone wars era? Are more Imperial Remnants coming to round out Moff Gideon's team? Will Bo Katan get her buddies? Any new bounty hunters coming? What did Crumb have for brunch last weekend? So many unanswered questions..

I do not disagree about Conquest, but it is a long release process for that, due to its length. Changes to the raid, I would disagree, it was a pretty straightforward change to existing content. There is less to say on that from their end.

the new stuff, I understand, but at this point all we have is a few marquees, as they lay the groundwork we may see some talk about this, or not depending if its just a pseudo promotional release to support the show and "nothing else". (but I did raise this point to them)
  • Kyno wrote: »

I asked Doja when they were on discord last week and he said he’ll have more information “soon”, don’t remember the exact quote though
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Can you post the discord link to the server everyone is talking about? Sad you have to move to foreign platforms to get official information, though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    zatho wrote: »
    Can you post the discord link to the server everyone is talking about? Sad you have to move to foreign platforms to get official information, though.

you do not have to. as they have said there will be nothing official announced or discussed there that is not posted here. the discord chat is just meant to be another open line of communication.
  • Suggestions for SWGOH (Translate please)

Siento el canal y el idioma utilizado para escribir esto, pero llevo mucho tiempo tratando de escribir estas ideas, y no sabía cómo. Tengo un par de ideas para mejorar algunos aspectos del juego.

1) Batallas de Asalto.

Se podría optimizar el acceso de equipos a cada batalla de asalto, adaptándolo a los tiempos modernos:

Places of Power: añadir Separatistas como permitido
    Ground War: añadir República como permitido
    Rebel Roundup: añadir Geonosianos y Wampa como permitido
    Secrets and Shadows: añadir Combatientes Rebeldes y Visas Marr como permitido
    Military Might: añadir Antigua República como permitido
    Forest Moon: añadir Imperio Sith como permitido

Añadido a esto, se podría crear una nueva Batalla de Asalto, llamada "Una nueva Orden/A New Order", ambientada en enemigos de la Primera Orden, y que permitiera el acceso de Resistencia, Canallas y Mandalorianos para superarla.
    Finalmente, sería bueno añadir la opción de acceder a los premios del evento hasta el último nivel superado, para optimizar el tiempo y mejorar el interés en el evento, como se hace en los Desafíos Galácticos.

2) Rewoks for Jedi:

Debido al uso requerido de Jedi en Geonosis: Republic Offensive, se podría hacer que algunos Jedi tuvieran algunos pequeños efectos extra, propios de cada uno, en una habilidad única llamada "Consejo Jedi". Yo sugiero que Eeth Koth, Luminara Unduli, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Aayla Secura, Ima Gun Di, Qui-Gon Jinn, Shaak Ti y Ki Adi Mundi, posean esta habilidad, mientras que Maestro Yoda, General Kenobi y Mace Windu agreguen "esta unidad y todos los aliados con Consejo Jedi comparten sus efectos entre sí", en sus habilidades de líder.

3) Abandonar Grand Arena:

Igual que en la Guerra Territorial, se podría añadir un botón para abandonar Gran Arena durante la fase de unión. Esto parece una estupidez, pero generaría una gran tranquilidad entre los jugadores a la hora de generar cambios en su setup.

4) Caja de Intercambios:

Esta es una idea más osada, y sería una forma de darle una nueva utilidad a la Lista de Aliados. Se podría, una vez al día, permitir enviar 1 Caja de Intercambios a una persona de dicha lista (como un sistema de delivery). Esta Caja tendría un tope máximo de capacidad, donde se podrían meter algunas zetas, omegas, material de equipo o reliquia, prestigio, chatarra, créditos o lo que quisiera enviar una persona, y enviarla 1 vez al día. Obviamente cada cosa tendría una valoración distinta para llenar la Caja (por ejemplo, se podría llenar una Caja con 5 zetas o con 1M de créditos, por ejemplo).

Eso. Lamento la extensión de este mensaje, pero me gusta poder plasmar mis ideas, esperando que alguien las pueda apoyar. Y siento mi nivel nulo de Inglés. Que la fuerza los acompañe!
  • What is the complete formula for Damage ouput? Including stats (offense, crit damage, armor, armor penetration, mods, buffs etc) and in wich order do they apply?
  • I would like to hear you adressing the issues occurring in TW/GAC concerning the staleness and lack of variety of these game modes. Especially after this got more attention in the forums over the last couple of weeks with several posts about this topic.

Are there any plans to improve the experience for long-established players like
    1) splitting players into several new Divisions above 4.5m GP?
    2) increasing the number of ground teams to set in GAC for accounts with more GP - also changing the zone dynamics and tactical variability by adding more zones (like ships behind each other, 3 top zones and 3 bottom zones)?
    3) add more zones and teams to set in TW (both ground and ships!) based on guild GP size?
    4) any other changes to the TW-dynamics, like reintroducing faction bonuses, introducing modifiers like in Galactic Challenges and randomizing the scheduled order of TW opponents?
  • We always want to know....what’s coming next! ;)
  • As we know every new character have a chance to fit nicely in a GL team. JMLS can work with all the Jedi, Rey is even better and can bring every LS character to her team, SEE can be paired with any sith, I see SLKR never having an update to his team, at least we haven’t seen any new First Order characters besides him in years. So as the other GLs become even more powerful, SLKR stays the same. My question is, are we gonna see teams/kit updates to balance GLs as they are becoming less useful ?
  • Fatal
    58 posts Member
    Would it be possible to get a rapid fire GAC mode that was always running? Something that could be played if desired but didn't necessarily have rewards on the line? It'd be amazing for streaming.

ie, it has a join period every 3 hours, no bracket or groups, just a single match.
  • Can we rework old GR Jedi please? Some of them are just weak old stats or weak kits.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Is the Operation Metaverse thing the promised new Q&A format? If so, I would like to voice a strong dislike. I personally much prefer to get my answers in text and read them at my own leisure over livestreams or podcasts.
  • Will we ever see Agent Kallus in the game? Fav Rebels character, I really don't know how could devs ignore him. Or maybe they didn't and he is gonna be added one day :'(
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Nauros wrote: »
    Is the Operation Metaverse thing the promised new Q&A format? If so, I would like to voice a strong dislike. I personally much prefer to get my answers in text and read them at my own leisure over livestreams or podcasts.

I mean, if it's really just "trivia" then you're not missing out.

If there's actual info, someone will likely transcribe it for us.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

Yes, and no, but no not really.

This is the general concept he was looking for, but it's going to take more time to get it as wide spread as he would like it.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    there is no more Q&A just new ways to deliver answers to questions we've had (and posted ITT)

Seems like they are going to use OM as a medium to give some background stats on GAC (how many % sign up and place defense etc etc)

If we are lucky, they might also talk about how many players are in division 1 and they are looking into adding more divisions
  • Here's a question, why are conquest battles timed at 5 min / at all (and I get it, some of you can rock all the battles under a min or two each, ****)?
    I get squad arena and gac , but in GC(the only other event that currently has modifiers) we're given 15 minutes. What's the deal with a time limit in a mode where it's only me playing?
  • Apparently shortening Good For You didnt meet standards lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Here's a question, why are conquest battles timed at 5 min / at all (and I get it, some of you can rock all the battles under a min or two each, ****)?
    I get squad arena and gac , but in GC(the only other event that currently has modifiers) we're given 15 minutes. What's the deal with a time limit in a mode where it's only me playing?

It helps keep unwanted strategies for winning in check.
    Here's a question, why are conquest battles timed at 5 min / at all (and I get it, some of you can rock all the battles under a min or two each, ****)?

Care to elaborate (in all seriousness)? If time runs out, you lose. I'm not aware of any abilities that benefit you just sitting there without turn taking
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Care to elaborate (in all seriousness)? If time runs out, you lose. I'm not aware of any abilities that benefit you just sitting there without turn taking

?? Not taking a turn... no one said that.

Look at the strategy for beating Assult battle with KRU under GLKylo. The longer the battle the easier the last round is.

Similar with Assaj, if you can keep your team alive the longer it goes on the more offense you can gain, and eventually overtake anyone.

GLKylo is another one, stamina wouldnt matter if you can keep him alive long enough to syphon a bunch of mastery.

I'm sure there are more examples... the 5 minute timer avoids them.

GCs are different as there is the required team element, so the extra time is "less open for abuse" as not every faction would have those loop holes.

?? Not taking a turn... no one said that.

Look at the strategy for beating Assult battle with KRU under GLKylo. The longer the battle the easier the last round is.

Similar with Assaj, if you can keep your team alive the longer it goes on the more offense you can gain, and eventually overtake anyone.

GLKylo is another one, stamina wouldnt matter if you can keep him alive long enough to syphon a bunch of mastery.

I'm sure there are more examples... the 5 minute timer avoids them.

GCs are different as there is the required team element, so the extra time is "less open for abuse" as not every faction would have those loop holes.

Thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.