Leaders

I’ve been in a dead guild for several months. I’ve tried moving to a few other guilds, and, so far with the exception of the most recent guild I’ve joined, been booted out. I’m in the game every day, completing the daily tasks, doing what I can do to progress. I also participate in any guild event that I’m able to. If I get booted out of my most current guild, I’m considering creating my own but that leaves me this question: as a leader, would I be able to participate in guild events I start (pit, sith, tank, battles...) and receive rewards that I would have if I had stayed in someone elses guild? Or as leader, would that disqualify me from claiming rewards from events i would start?

Replies

• Leaders get rewards. Who would lead any guild if they didn’t?!

Quick question: can you see in game chat? That’s the most likely reason you’re getting booted. People could be asking you to respond to something but you don’t see it.
  • I can and I can’t. Unless I deliberately open the chat, all I see is a small chunk of a single line at the bottom of the main screen, if that’s it. Usually I see the first few words of a sentence that indicates somebody promoted a character. Something along those lines. “So-and-so just promoted Kylo Ren to 7-...” As far as the rewards go, yea I can understand why you would get rewards even as leader of a guild but the flip side of the brain tells me, hey, you’re now running it, how is it fair if you being leader keep winning the better rewards...and as I type I realize that after being in a guild with some 40(ish?) members where only 3 or 4 including myself is active...
  • Do you have a minor account (under 18)?
    If so, that's why you can't see any dialogue between guild members.
  • Mrdahjr wrote: »
    I can and I can’t. Unless I deliberately open the chat, all I see is a small chunk of a single line at the bottom of the main screen, if that’s it. Usually I see the first few words of a sentence that indicates somebody promoted a character. Something along those lines. “So-and-so just promoted Kylo Ren to 7-...” As far as the rewards go, yea I can understand why you would get rewards even as leader of a guild but the flip side of the brain tells me, hey, you’re now running it, how is it fair if you being leader keep winning the better rewards...and as I type I realize that after being in a guild with some 40(ish?) members where only 3 or 4 including myself is active...

You need to use the Guild Recruiment sub forum.

Leader or not, being in a guild with only 3 or 4 active members is no way to play the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes, start here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/player-guilds

You can talk to players who are recruiting or looking for guilds.

Being a leader doesn't have any effect on the event and rewards for you.

Make a new guild is very intense and a lot of work to build it from the ground up without a network. Also you may not have a good grasp on what it takes to be a daily player in a guild if you are getting booted a lot.

Many guilds use a 3rd party app to talk and keep players in the loop, not joining that channel or app, can be a reason they will boot you.
  • Regarding not having a good grasp being a daily player in a guild, explain? I log in more than daily. I am F2P, btw, not that I’m not willing to spend money on the game. I just can’t. So the best I figure I can do is work up my roster at my own fastest pace, complete the daily tasks. Take part in guild events when and where I can. When tasks, energy runs out, there’s not a whole lot that I can see you can do in swgoh, except stare at a screen. Am I expected to spend real cash or something? If so, that’s not going to happen. At least not I can find a job, and even then I wouldn’t be spending all that much if any. F2P is slow, but I like feeling no pressure which I think that’s what would happen if I spent on the game.

Also, any others out there playing swgoh on an ipad? Does that make a difference?
  • chpMINIsolo_77
    3103 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Do you have a minor account (under 18)?
    If so, that's why you can't see any dialogue between guild members.

Using an iPad doesn't make any difference in regards to the in-game chat
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Again, if you find an active guild to be in, you may be able to get all guild instructions on discord, so you can get by without seeing the chat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Mrdahjr wrote: »
    Regarding not having a good grasp being a daily player in a guild, explain? I log in more than daily. I am F2P, btw, not that I’m not willing to spend money on the game. I just can’t. So the best I figure I can do is work up my roster at my own fastest pace, complete the daily tasks. Take part in guild events when and where I can. When tasks, energy runs out, there’s not a whole lot that I can see you can do in swgoh, except stare at a screen. Am I expected to spend real cash or something? If so, that’s not going to happen. At least not I can find a job, and even then I wouldn’t be spending all that much if any. F2P is slow, but I like feeling no pressure which I think that’s what would happen if I spent on the game.

Also, any others out there playing swgoh on an ipad? Does that make a difference?

F2P has nothing to do with it.

yes doing all your daily activities is a good start. are you getting in your 600 energy for raid tickets every day? are you following the guilds plans and orders for each guild event?

nothing about guild activity involves spending, and very few if any guilds would push players to do so.
  • 600 energy for raid tickets (I know, under objectives: guild activities)? All I can say for that is I burn through all energy every day. When daily activities reset at midnight, I always compete them and burn off all energy. I let those energies build until I’m able to claim additional energies at noon that same day, and I burn off all that energy and then coast until 6pm, and 9pm when I get more energy. When I get the energy at 9pm I usually have to burn off enough energy to let it refill to just enough when the daily activities reset again at midnight, to ensure I have enough to complete all the daily activities. I don’t know if all the energy I spend every day is adding up to 600. Haven’t added it up. As of just now, I’ve spent 246 energy towards guild activities.

As for guild events, raids: in my original guild where there was only about 4 of us active, I did sith triumvirate, tank takedown, territory battles and the occasional rarely run pit. Never could enter a territory war. Obviously not enough active members to pull that off, so I haven’t a clue what that involves. Not sure about any guild plans. Wasn’t in a guild environment that supported that.
  • I'll try again, do you have an underage account?
    If so, that's why you can't see the guild chat
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    600 energy for raid tickets (I know, under objectives: guild activities)? All I can say for that is I burn through all energy every day. When daily activities reset at midnight, I always compete them and burn off all energy. I let those energies build until I’m able to claim additional energies at noon that same day, and I burn off all that energy and then coast until 6pm, and 9pm when I get more energy. When I get the energy at 9pm I usually have to burn off enough energy to let it refill to just enough when the daily activities reset again at midnight, to ensure I have enough to complete all the daily activities. I don’t know if all the energy I spend every day is adding up to 600. Haven’t added it up. As of just now, I’ve spent 246 energy towards guild activities.

As for guild events, raids: in my original guild where there was only about 4 of us active, I did sith triumvirate, tank takedown, territory battles and the occasional rarely run pit. Never could enter a territory war. Obviously not enough active members to pull that off, so I haven’t a clue what that involves. Not sure about any guild plans. Wasn’t in a guild environment that supported that.

if you do not do at least 1 refresh with crystals you will not hit 600. any guild trying to keep members and stay active will require this.

I suggest you try to find a guild in the recruiting section. many guilds there will take anyone willing to learn and do the basics of guild life. without a good base of understanding and a network of at least a few players to help you start, I wouldn't recommend starting your own guild, but feel free to try.

before joining any guild, talk to the recruiter and try to get a feel for the setup, some guild have higher or lower levels of expectations and required activity in guild events.
  • Underage account. Not that I know of. Didn’t even know there was an option for an underage account. Far as I know, when I set up an account back in October, it was a normal account.
  • It would have been done when you registered your ipad, not when you downloaded the SWGOH app.
  • I just checked chat settings under settings, noticed chat invites were set to nobody. So I set that to allies and guild. As for the spending of crystals for an energy refresh, I rarely do that. I normally reserve crystals to spend on hard to get gear. Especially with a gear 12 Vader, hoarding crystals to push Vader to gear 13 was/is my priority. I think it’s 50 crystals to refresh energy once, so that’s no real hardship. It just wasn’t my priority and wasn’t keeping track of that under guild activities. Wasn’t aware it would’ve been an issue until now.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I just checked chat settings under settings, noticed chat invites were set to nobody. So I set that to allies and guild. As for the spending of crystals for an energy refresh, I rarely do that. I normally reserve crystals to spend on hard to get gear. Especially with a gear 12 Vader, hoarding crystals to push Vader to gear 13 was/is my priority. I think it’s 50 crystals to refresh energy once, so that’s no real hardship. It just wasn’t my priority and wasn’t keeping track of that under guild activities. Wasn’t aware it would’ve been an issue until now.

yeah the 2 main reasons players get kicked out of a guild "for no reason" is usually not signing up to the 3rd party app they want you to use to communicate, or not hitting 600 consistently. They are the easiest things to not know about or notice as far as moving from very casual to an active guild that is trying to advance.
  • If you want to see if you have generated your 600 tickets, click on the OBJECTIVES button in the lower right hand corner

mugc5npd473d.jpg