We badly need more defense slots in GAC 5v5

Hi,
I am a 6,5M GP player, 2 GLs. I really like GAC.
I was wondering if CGs plan to increase the number of defense slots in GAC 5v5.
A lot of new teams (GLs, beskar, MM...) arise since the beginning of GAC and no modifications in that defense.
In D1, it’s reaching a point where someone that keeps his 3 GLs + 4 good teams (gas, rebels, dr, empire for example) literally walk through your defense no matter how good that defense is.
That tendency has been increasing lately and It ruins all the efforts of farming and setting a good defense. I think, it might end up ruining the interest of GAC 5v5.

Replies

• Agree 100%. Haven't even really put in the effort at all lately in GAC and used to be favorite mode. It has become stale with amount of teams needing to be placed.
  • I agree. Defense makes the game fun and rewards deeper rosters and discourages top-heavy builds. That's all-around good for the product.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    I don’t think they’ll add more defensive requirements until they split up div 1 and then those requirements will likely only be added to the top divisions. It would be pretty silly to add the same defensive requirements for people with 4.5 mil GP and 8 mil GP.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • The games roster keeps growing, but both GAC and TW maps haven't grown at all, there is definitely cause for some expansion.
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »
    I don’t think they’ll add more defensive requirements until they split up div 1 and then those requirements will likely only be added to the top divisions. It would be pretty silly to add the same defensive requirements for people with 4.5 mil GP and 8 mil GP.

You are probably right. And that split does need to happen regardless.

Right now I don't like where the game is at in terms of adding new characters. It's too hard to add marquee or even legendary characters and have them be impactul. They obviously don't want them as good as galactic legends, and there are just so many Tier B squads and so few GAC slots that it's hard to get excited about new squads.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

You are probably right. And that split does need to happen regardless.

Right now I don't like where the game is at in terms of adding new characters. It's too hard to add marquee or even legendary characters and have them be impactul. They obviously don't want them as good as galactic legends, and there are just so many Tier B squads and so few GAC slots that it's hard to get excited about new squads.

On the main note here, they have been discussing the plan for a bit, not that GCs are in "full roll out" and Conquest is settling in.

I agree about marquees and having them be a hard push into the current climate, but higher level characters could still work, as they could have a DR/Malak META relationship to a GL. They do seem to be taking their time but GLs seem to be the new base for them to build on. Although I see them pushing out at least another set before they really move to a different RPS system like we have now.
  • I can see designing characters around working with GLs as a viable long term strategy. But I think they need to push GLs out a lot faster if that is the case.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I can see designing characters around working with GLs as a viable long term strategy. But I think they need to push GLs out a lot faster if that is the case.

Agree, things can get stale at the current pace.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I can see designing characters around working with GLs as a viable long term strategy. But I think they need to push GLs out a lot faster if that is the case.

"can"

That ship is currently sailing my friend.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

"can"

7dl1mzuuxnym.gif
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

Something needs to be done with the current gear economy before they decide to accelerate the release of GL’s.
  • TVF wrote: »

"can"

Using ships to express how things are stale. That’s poetry right there.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Something needs to be done with the current gear economy before they decide to accelerate the release of GL’s.

Unfortunately they don't "need to"..... just sayin.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member

dudg5i107giw.jpg

Just sayin. :D
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Old Ben be rollin' over in hiz grave lookin at dat
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

Fortunately, neither do I.