You don't mean this...

Replies

• Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    Oh well, seems it's coming back in a few days anyway. ^^

Can't wait to see the more revised version that comes next, too.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Rebmes wrote: »
    Oh well, seems it's coming back in a few days anyway. ^^

Can't wait to see the more revised version that comes next, too.

GC had a new feat this time around, winning without a leader in the leader slot. Highly likely we see that somewhere in a board feat soon. I look forward to whatever else is new.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Feel bad for folks who play at their own pace that hadn’t yet started the event. They are getting a bit screwed from shards they could have gained that others managed to snag before the event ended. The right thing to have done would have been to not award any shards, and instead give away some gear/crystals on top of such spent.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    My guess is that CG doesn’t prioritize using the scarce development resources to implement systems to handle payouts in the most fair way possible whenever they have to cancel events due to bugs.
    If they had the extra resources they’d probably use them for improved quality assurance thus removing the need to cancel events in the first place.
  • Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    My biggest complain is that if someone spent crystals to reach the RC shards, he gets back the crystals, keeps the shards and gets the compensation as well, compared to others who didnt speed up their conquest and thus, could not obtain the RC shards. This seems like a slight advantage to me but definitely an unfair one.

Sounds like some people were smarter than others.... Tis life...
  • Options
    Feel bad for folks who play at their own pace that hadn’t yet started the event. They are getting a bit screwed from shards they could have gained that others managed to snag before the event ended. The right thing to have done would have been to not award any shards, and instead give away some gear/crystals on top of such spent.

They are choosing to play at that pace.... Things will happen that benefit the people that grind... That's kinda par for the course and seems quite fair...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Jack1210 wrote: »

They are choosing to play at that pace.... Things will happen that benefit the people that grind... That's kinda par for the course and seems quite fair...

Except that even at that pace, they would have attained the same number of RC shards by the end of the event as those who charged ahead, had CG not cancelled the event. So no, not exactly fair.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Can we stop pretending that 5-15 shards of Razor Crest is important? Boohoo, you may have to play one more conquest than someone else to unlock a ship in a game where fleets isnt that big of a deal.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    in a game where fleets isnt that big of a deal.

What.

I mean, I agree it's not a big issue, but still, what.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Fleets are pretty stagnant and have been for a while; this one ship being unlocked two weeks later than someone else is not going to make or break your fleet squad
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Can we stop pretending that 5-15 shards of Razor Crest is important? Boohoo, you may have to play one more conquest than someone else to unlock a ship in a game where fleets isnt that big of a deal.
    Fleets are pretty stagnant and have been for a while; this one ship being unlocked two weeks later than someone else is not going to make or break your fleet squad

The above discussion was about fair and equal. No one is pretending anything. No one said it was important or "make or break". But you keep beating up that strawman!! :D

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Actually the above thread consists of you complaining about not getting the same amount of shards than those who took initiative. You could've gunned through it, you didnt. Your fault.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Actually the above thread consists of you complaining about not getting the same amount of shards than those who took initiative. You could've gunned through it, you didnt. Your fault.

If you had actually read the post, I was simply pointing out that suggesting that is was "fair" was incorrect, because both someone who gunned through it and someone who had played without refreshes would end the event with the same number of shards - if CG had not cancelled the event. It had nothing to do with assigning blame - simply pointing out facts. You're entitled to your own opinion, just not your own set of facts.

If you're suggesting, that moving forward, people should "gun through" events, with the expectation that CG will cancel them early and thus limit their rewards compared to others, then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

• E3P0
    110 posts Member
    Options
    If the unexpected bug hadn't occurred, we would both have come out at the end with days to spare and with the exact same rewards box assuming we both maxed out our keycards. Except you'd be down several hundred crystals (at least) for no good reason because of rushing through on the first day. But go ahead, keep thinking you're superior and "smarter" because you "grind" (whatever that means, as if people who properly pace out their play without unnecessary expenditure are grinding any less than you are). While you're at it, why don't you go ahead and buy a few arena battle refreshes several hours before your payout?
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Lol
  • Options

Yeah tell that to the people that need to wait 1 extra month to unlock RC to get to the next GL
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Yeah tell that to the people that need to wait 1 extra month to unlock RC to get to the next GL

Didn't see they posted the requirements already.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Where in ur dreams?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Where in ur dreams?

I'm asking you where you got the requirements....I have not seen them posted. Understand?
  • Options

Where in ur dreams?

I'm asking you where you got the requirements....I have not seen them posted. Understand?

I haven't seen them posted either just saying it will be one, since it's the one of the hardest ships to get put 2 and 2 together
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Where in ur dreams?

I haven't seen them posted either just saying it will be one, since it's the one of the hardest ships to get put 2 and 2 together

So you just want to complain in advance about what you think might be affected in the future. And from the sounds of it, it doesn't affect you, so you're complaining on behalf of other players (in the future that you are imagining).

• Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    I don't understand why anyone is complaining that some people got RC shards. Those who got RC shards worked hard and got cut off half-way through their Conquest, with no end-of-event rewards. At least they got some RC shards >.>

I got cut off shortly before reaching them lol gj whoever got em you're a week ahead :D
  • Options
    Let put it in simple term, you and few of your friends were given an project from ur professor, he says you got 15 days to finish this and hand it in, yet on the third day he pulls the plug on it and says it's been canceled, but he says if you already finished it you get the marks on it but your friends who didn't finish it don't get the extra marks
  • Options

Where in ur dreams?

If you’re correct, will 1 month make any significant difference? It won’t be the only requirement. They will likely have at least 12 characters to relic as well.
  • Options
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    My biggest complain is that if someone spent crystals to reach the RC shards, he gets back the crystals, keeps the shards and gets the compensation as well, compared to others who didnt speed up their conquest and thus, could not obtain the RC shards. This seems like a slight advantage to me but definitely an unfair one.

Sounds like some people were smarter than others.... Tis life...

Following your logic Ahnald is the smartest player among us for blitzing trough a 2 weeks content in 8 hrs.

Let me get this straight: I explicitly stated that this advantage is a slight one, okay? It is not about being a huge advantage, it is about something being fair or not.

Honestly the best argument I have read so far is that they announced the cancellation in time to reach the vendor if you made up your mind for it. That's fair point. However, this gamemode should not reward players for being faster, this was never the point. When I complained that GC is too long iI was told not everyone plays the game at the same pace yet they deserve equal chances.

- You can unlock/max the RC on the very same conquest: True, but now you are to reach t7 crate, while others may succeed with t6 crate. Still not a big difference, still kinda unfair.
    - You guys are also assuming that there will be enough conquests to obtain 330 RC shards just from conquest. This is also something I havent seen being confirmed. If they change the conquest rewards, and put RC on a Hard Node farm, this argument is somewhat flawed.

I honestly believe that the fair play would have been here to remove the RC shards from those who obtained them during this CQ and return the currency used alongside the crystals as well. (I for one did not get any crystals back so far).

If you fail to see how it is ultimately unfair to have your decision have a lasting impact on your roster related to an event that was cancelled it is not my fault at all.

However, I do agree with the "Tis life" part. 'Tis just my opinion on a forum for opinions, right? I dont envy players who have +4-12 shards I dont want extra shards for myself (nor for anyone for that matter) I am saying that CG once again pulled a move that deserves critiques in my opinion.

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

If you're suggesting, that moving forward, people should "gun through" events, with the expectation that CG will cancel them early and thus limit their rewards compared to others, then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
    Only jumping in on this because there is one point that hasn't been included yet: when the devs announced that the current Conquest would be cancelled, and under which conditions for compensation and all, there were still some hours left to play on until they would.
    After that, I decided that I would play on and use the low crystal refreshes nevertheless, to get at least to the first Jawa who had RC shards. Then I decided to stop and leave it like that, and go to bed because it was already really late over here in Europe. But, others in my guild decided to stay awake longer, used up to 200 crystal refreshes and spent all the time and effort to get all the 12 extra RC shards before the event was taken down. For this extra time and effort (and probably a hard next day at work) I find it totally fair that they get the slight advantage of having 8 shards more than me.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Let put it in simple term, you and few of your friends were given an project from ur professor, he says you got 15 days to finish this and hand it in, yet on the third day he pulls the plug on it and says it's been canceled, but he says if you already finished it you get the marks on it but your friends who didn't finish it don't get the extra marks

I love forum analogies.

Also "ur professor" lol.
  • Options

Mark is not a reward. F on your analogy paper.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

Mark is not a reward. F on your analogy paper.

giphy.gif
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Only jumping in on this because there is one point that hasn't been included yet: when the devs announced that the current Conquest would be cancelled, and under which conditions for compensation and all, there were still some hours left to play on until they would.
    After that, I decided that I would play on and use the low crystal refreshes nevertheless, to get at least to the first Jawa who had RC shards. Then I decided to stop and leave it like that, and go to bed because it was already really late over here in Europe. But, others in my guild decided to stay awake longer, used up to 200 crystal refreshes and spent all the time and effort to get all the 12 extra RC shards before the event was taken down. For this extra time and effort (and probably a hard next day at work) I find it totally fair that they get the slight advantage of having 8 shards more than me.

The problem is that your entire example would require that all players live in a time zone where they were actually awake to even see and take advantage of the announcement. They were not. So no, not "totally fair" - by definition. That's my only issue. Is it a big deal? No. Is it fair? No.