question about arena snipers

2Next

Replies

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    America, land of endless capabilities (no matter how dumb they are)..
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    America, land of endless capabilities (no matter how dumb they are)..

lol - yep obviously an American. Nobody else could be that stupid
  • Wrathe
    194 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    TVF wrote: »
    I disagree, this is an illegal activity. What is the intent of the person involved? It is intending to do harm, in this case take 200 crystals which do have a financial value (in game store). He also texted me in game chat that he had 2 co conspirators if i attempted to seek retribution. So that's the legal definition of conspiracy.
    Some aspects of the game have changed because of legal ramifications...odds on prize boxes. So perhaps building a legal case is more useful to influence change?

Take them to court then.

I'm w/ TVF here, go the distance. I can't WAIT to read the Judge's response.

This is akin to suing the Safety who tackled you before scoring the winning Touchdown. He caused irreparable harm to both the outcome of the game, as well as damaging your notoriety and costing you millions, I'm sure, in draft status.

He had 10 co-conspirators on the field at the same time helping him to oppress you and aid in the emotional turmoil you suffered as a result of their obviously premediated intentions. Rumors of people even spotting them on the field for months prior, undergoing extensive training just to execute their sadistic plan upon you.

I think you're on to something!
  • avihas
    247 posts Member
    Dude, do you really think any place at the top of the arena is "yours", payout or not?!
    You're talking not only about a game but about a game mode which it's goal is toppelled other players in the way to the top.
    Shards and consideration existed so we can prevent from the constant in fighting and maximize our reward, but by no means it mean 1st place "blong to us" in our PO.
    The person you're talking about maybe did not played nice, but it's still completely legal. There is no rule saying not to attack someone before his PO or to "conspire" with other to attack someone.

In short- grow up
  • @zanir the only way I've been able to chat with shard mates is to ally request them first then you can open a chat. I have open ally slots so always get asked to ally request after an arena battle (oddly enough not the same for fleets).
    Interesting info on the MickeyDs lawsuit. I could imagine being in the court and having the prosecutor just dump the scalding coffee onto jury's crotches. Ladies and Gentlemen, i rest my case

I’m joining this ridiculous thread to chime in about the McDonald’s coffee. I hope you’re being sarcastic about the lawyer argument and not attempting to use that as hyperbole to prove the lawsuit was frivolous. The coffee was served at 190 degrees. That’s way above safe temperature for skin contact. She wasn’t driving. She spilled it while trying to add cream and sugar, and her clothes kept the scalding liquid on her skin for much longer than the minimum time necessary to burn. Lady won her lawsuit not because of a good lawyer, but because the coffee gave her third degree burns and she required SKIN GRAFTS.

So, in conclusion, no, your arena payout issue is not nearly the equivalent of the McDonald’s Coffee lawsuit. It’s just a couple people being jerks.
  • whale up and git gud!
  • You must be new to the game...This has been happening in the game for a long time...It is called a shard, and some people run it like mafias. Communication happens in discord. If you are not in it, you will be attacked to make you waste crystals or stop you from keep trying to climb to the top. Stand your ground, and keep communication opened, they will eventually invite you to the shard or break you (lol).
  • The OP is so entitled that I wish I was part of his shard just to mess with him. I'd love to see him try to sue me.
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    This is gold. i think you have forgotten, that arena is a PvP part of the game. and pvp means, you are competing for a spot. and let me say it, grouping up on someone, to push him out, is perfectly valid gameplay. it denies you ressources, thus sets you behind, and makes life for everyone else easier, becouse they can progress faster than you. if you ask me, if there are no agreements (aka a shard chat), sniping people is not morally wrong in any way, and is even the smart move.
  • Also, maybe he is trying to accomplish some GAC feats on wins on Squad or Fleet arena. If you are not Top 3, then your only option is to attack people above you. Maybe he hit #1 at his PO but used only 2 of his daily chances, so with his 3 left he is waiting until other teams that he knows he can beat show up in the refresh, then attacking them.

Most people end up attacking the same people daily in their Squad or Fleet shards, because their teams can counter those, it's just how it works. In my Squad shard I end up hitting the same 5-8 teams daily because of how they lineup and I know I can beat them, and I have the same 2-3 other players who knock me back daily because their teams can counter mine.

For sure it's annoying getting sniped before PO, but you have to play defense aka engage in battle to lock others from hitting you just before PO.
  • Giladeave
    4 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Just asking what the forum thinks on issue. So i recently moved my payout time since my previous one was crowded. There's only 2 of us that vie for the top 2 slots. Today, this guy whose payout is at least 3 hours ahead of mine (unless he takes first just to block others), snipes me from 2 to 6. That takes my crystal payout from 450 to 250. I contact him and he proceeds to tell me that he has friends in arena that will help to block me out of top payout. So basically there's 3-4 other players colluding to keep people out of top 5 or 10 even when it isn't their payout time (in most cases past their payout times). From my knowledge we dont have a shard chat.

Hey Thee Daft Juan. So, just throwing it out there since we traded 20 battles today, you might want to open your in game messages every now and then considering we’ve been trying to get you to join the shard chat, but you never want to open the messages, so idk what else we can do.
  • Also, side note, our shard chat has been around for at least four years, so not sure where you got the idea that we didn’t have one.
  • Giladeave
    4 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    I dont have any in game messages besides the ones from my guild. But if the shard chat let's people attack 8 hours before their payout (which you did). Or 2 hours after their payout (Legend), then it sounds like there's no rules

Oh, buddy. We got rules. They just don’t apply to outsiders lol. We all have screenshots of when we’ve tried to reach out to you and we have screenshots from what you’ve sent other people about the original situation. I’m glad you’ve tried to vilify us though.
    Anyway, you added me as an ally yesterday, so if you’d like to talk and join us so this stuff stops happening to you, feel free to message me. Have a good day my friend. :)
  • It’s funny that you think you blocked me out of my payout. I still got paid at 1. Welcome to how shard chats work. If you’re not a part of the shard chat, you get blocked, as many people on here have stated. If you don’t like it, feel free to keep complaining. No one particularly cares. 😂
  • Giladeave wrote: »
    I dont have any in game messages besides the ones from my guild. But if the shard chat let's people attack 8 hours before their payout (which you did). Or 2 hours after their payout (Legend), then it sounds like there's no rules

Oh, buddy. We got rules. They just don’t apply to outsiders lol. We all have screenshots of when we’ve tried to reach out to you and we have screenshots from what you’ve sent other people about the original situation. I’m glad you’ve tried to vilify us though.
    Anyway, you added me as an ally yesterday, so if you’d like to talk and join us so this stuff stops happening to you, feel free to message me. Have a good day my friend. :)

Please tell Baniss, I think it's a horrible thing that you ruined Mauretz payout today just to prove some weird fraternity hazing ritual. 2nd place was wide open for him to take as usual and it's a also disturbing to treat others with disrespect regarding the original situation with Legend and recent situation with you and then say we only treat people with respect who join our shard chat and punish everyone else or blockade them from reaching top 10/20 whatever.
    The only person I'd talk with is amurder, he's legit been one of the few standup guys of your whole gang/mafia/whatever

Hey man, I dunno what’s up with your in game messages but a bunch of us have tried contacting you that way. We thought maybe you were ignoring them or something. Gila hitting you 20 times in a row was like a last ditch effort to try and get in contact with you since you have always been fair and we wanted to add you. I’ll PM you my discord name on here, add me on there and I’ll get you a link.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Make a shard chat, promote it, and return fire. Easy as that.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Actually shard chat are not a part of the game. All who write it is fine - are people who probably do manipulated sport bets behind hands.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Watch the actual statement of what is allowed. If you are playing 20 vs 1 its certainly is not allowed. If EA as company doesnt do anything against it, doesnt mean its sportive or competitive. Only maybe means a company just trying to maximise their profits, which is understandable.

A lot better would be shard shuffle every week - for all sides. More competition for those who seek, less manipulation for those who seek and a more flatten activeness for those who either got a full arena shard or an empty. But will it happen - probably not. A fix for a gac start date was already difficult...so i doubt quality game updates for no reward for the company would be reasonable to await.
  • MAGMA
    27 posts Member
    moi j'ai la preuve écrit d'un joueur dans qui me parle en mp comme quoi il y a bien des joueurs qui s'associent pour en faire descendre ou monter des autres comme ca les arrange . je suis sur que meme si je donnais cette pruve , tout le staff EA s'en taperaient
  • MAGMA
    27 posts Member
    pour eux ils appellent pas ça de la triche ," c'est de l'optimisation par coordination " , faite moi rire , faire descendre des joueurs en s'y mettant a plusieurs pour pas qu'il gagne de grosses récompenses , moi j’ appel ça de la triche pure et simple , mais bon on a pas tous été a la même école ça doit être pour ça