Kit Reveal: Wrecker

Replies

• Sai
    1 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Wrecker gains 1 stack of Fury for each Clone Trooper and each Bad Batch ally. Whenever Wrecker gains Stealth, he dispels it and gains Taunt for 1 turn.

Whenever Wrecker takes damage from an enemy, he gains 1 stack of Fury. At 10 stacks, he loses all stacks of Fury and gains Furious for 2 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. When Wrecker gains Furious, he gains Taunt for 1 turn.

Furious: Abilities gain additional effects; can't gain Fury

Starting with 4 or 5 Fury, Wrecker doesn't stun anyone for at least a turn. But as soon as he do, noone attacks him for 2 turns, so Furious runs out and need to be gained again, which probably won't happen in just a single round. So no endless stun it seems.

Let's assume we'll get a fifth BB character, and we have a full, five-man BB team. Based on the wording, Wrecker starts with 10 Fury. 1 for each BB, and each BB is a Clone Trooper as well, so double that. The description has no "other" in it, as it has in "Dauntless Commando" either, so Wrecker gets Fury for himself as well. Having 5 BB (and 5 Clone trooper) in the team is exactly 10 Fury, so he starts in Furious state, which means he starts with Taunt, and can AoE stun in his opening turn.

What is most interesting, is that he cannot gain Fury in Furious state, and he taunts when he is Furious, so I'm not sure, how the Fury management will work with him.
  • Mucro
    101 posts Member
    Sai wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Wrecker gains 1 stack of Fury for each Clone Trooper and each Bad Batch ally. Whenever Wrecker gains Stealth, he dispels it and gains Taunt for 1 turn.

Whenever Wrecker takes damage from an enemy, he gains 1 stack of Fury. At 10 stacks, he loses all stacks of Fury and gains Furious for 2 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. When Wrecker gains Furious, he gains Taunt for 1 turn.

Furious: Abilities gain additional effects; can't gain Fury

Starting with 4 or 5 Fury, Wrecker doesn't stun anyone for at least a turn. But as soon as he do, noone attacks him for 2 turns, so Furious runs out and need to be gained again, which probably won't happen in just a single round. So no endless stun it seems.

Let's assume we'll get a fifth BB character, and we have a full, five-man BB team. Based on the wording, Wrecker starts with 10 Fury. 1 for each BB, and each BB is a Clone Trooper as well, so double that. The description has no "other" in it, as it has in "Dauntless Commando" either, so Wrecker gets Fury for himself as well. Having 5 BB (and 5 Clone trooper) in the team is exactly 10 Fury, so he starts in Furious state, which means he starts with Taunt, and can AoE stun in his opening turn.

What is most interesting, is that he cannot gain Fury in Furious state, and he taunts when he is Furious, so I'm not sure, how the Fury management will work with him.

Theoretically. There is no definitive effect until we actually see him in action.

Also, wouldn't it be a bit too crazy if he could gain and maintain his stacks of fury while in furious mode? If that was the case, they wouldn't have to design him for two separate "forms", they would just make his furious abilities be standard. Fury management will work just fine, he will gain fury using his special 1 as well as when he takes damage when not in furious mode. Depending on the squads you put him up against, you could easily regain furious after only one or two turns without it.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    I just want his gun for... home defense. Yeah, home defense. That’s all.
    Post edited by Pariah_Anchorite on
  • So Crosshair dazes I guess?
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Or Echo ...
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • not great, not terrible
  • CoffeeTime wrote: »
    not great, not terrible

So far, it seems a step up from Phenix as a beginner team. That's still something ^^

With Phenix, Geos, Mando crew and now BB, it's a good day to start the game. Lots of possibilities !
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    So Crosshair dazes I guess?

He shoots one round for insane snipe damage or repeatedly hits all targets with the same round due to ridiculous marksmanship, various debuffs, and inflicts demoralization by diss’ing the “Regs.”

Think a massively overpowered Cassian Andor with a mouth and you might be in the ballpark. Oh and deathmark - lots and lots of stacking AOE deathmark.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    It would be amazing if he grabbed the target enemy and thrashed the opposing team with it - so very satisfying for the more annoying units out there. But I'll settle for beating them with a B1. Great animations.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    My favorite thing about kit reveals is people making wild guesses about how impactful they'll be.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Nice kit
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • i noticed so far:
    Bad Batch Has health boosts
    Have diffrent animations that aren't reused
    can attack twice.
    i'm seeing a pattern here...
  • i noticed so far:
    can attack twice.
    Really? What is it? All I see is a solid team that will be really fun to play with.

• AngryBirdsPlushNest
    46 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    i noticed so far:
    can attack twice.
    Really? What is it? All I see is a solid team that will be really fun to play with.

Fair Point, i think so too. the bad batch could be the healthiest team in the game.
    and the pattern BTW, is that the team can dish out a lot of damage if all of their double attack requirements are met. So Yeah, pretty OP team with sick animations.
  • So Crosshair dazes I guess?

He shoots one round for insane snipe damage or repeatedly hits all targets with the same round due to ridiculous marksmanship, various debuffs, and inflicts demoralization by diss’ing the “Regs.”

Think a massively overpowered Cassian Andor with a mouth and you might be in the ballpark. Oh and deathmark - lots and lots of stacking AOE deathmark.

Do you actually have confirmation on this? I was thinking he might hit all enemies with expose if he was stealthed.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Do you actually have confirmation on this?

Like most things here, it's 100% made up.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited April 2021

If you think about that moment in s7 of CW, it's probably simplier. Like shoot ones and deal dmg to each enemy with target lock. Deathmark is too powerful for their squad(no one wants another team that kills SEE), so Just "Marked" I guess. Plus, he liked to use Thermal Detonators.
    No reason to make him MVP.
  • Blatant exaggeration on my part. I thought it was obvious but all is lost in translation on the internet.
  • TVF wrote: »

And just like all your comments, 100% nonsense.
  • IronCross wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

So you are telling me that Pariah's post which they confirmed as a made up exaggeration wasn't a made up exaggeration?
  • BioHazard wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »

So you are telling me that Pariah's post which they confirmed as a made up exaggeration wasn't a made up exaggeration?

No, I was referring to the quantity of nonsense that spews from TVF.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    BioHazard wrote: »

But in this case wasnt it confirmed to correct?
  • IronCross wrote: »
    BioHazard wrote: »

Nonsense as in it doesn't make sense, or nonsense as in you don't agree with TVF?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Which part was nonsense @IronCross ?

I guarantee you have no answer. Hope trying to insult me was worth it.
  • Was it said when the marquee was gonna begin anywhere? Cause all I could find was the reveal days
  • I think marquee's gonna show up tommorow since it's usually thursdays
  • Kiaowew wrote: »
    There is no information yet on which day this event will take place

It usually comes on thursday though, hunter and tech did at least
  • Is Wrecker being added to the game today and marquee tomorrow?