Zetas you regret?

Prev13456
Samurai54351
155 posts Member
edited April 2021
Reviewing my roster today I saw the R2-D2 Zeta for Number Cruncher (the only Zeta I have for him) and thought, “kinda wish I didn’t put that on him.” It is a good Zeta, but R2 has really become the ultimate 6th wheel for most squads. Anyways, are there any Zetas you guys wish you could have back?
Post edited by Samurai54351 on

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Definitely not Number Crunch.
  • Maul
    Ipd
    Cls (never use him at very low gear)
    Talzin (like cls)

Are the 4 that come to mind immediately.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

It’s a great Zata, but I don’t use R2 anywhere right now. So it’s just collecting dust with him on the bench... I wish he had me Luke synergy to make him more endgame. If they rework him ever I would like to see him give bonuses or unique buffs to any iteration of Luke.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

It’s a great Zata, but I don’t use R2 anywhere right now. So it’s just collecting dust with him on the bench... I wish he had me Luke synergy to make him more endgame. If they rework him ever I would like to see him give bonuses or unique buffs to any iteration of Luke.

He gives bonuses to rebels, so...
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

But JML and JKL are not Rebels. And R2 was always with those guys. Sometimes just the two of them. It would make it feel like it does in the movies. Plus, they could make him a must use with those two. Like Revan and Malik or Han and Chewie. I think that would be cool.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    The most painful ones:
    • Visas Marr Zeta for HSTR P1.
    • T3's Zetas from the GG Kamikaze team
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

But JML and JKL are not Rebels. And R2 was always with those guys. Sometimes just the two of them. It would make it feel like it does in the movies. Plus, they could make him a must use with those two. Like Revan and Malik or Han and Chewie. I think that would be cool.

Well you said any iteration of Luke. 2/4 are rebels. An update would be nice, but it doesn't make R2 any less useful.

There are plenty of bad zetas out there. R2 is just far from what most ppl consider bad. Maybe it's not helping you at the moment, which is fair. But it's also possible you aren't using him effectively.
  • KorAgaz
    105 posts Member
    The four zetas I'll waste on OR to reach Malak's event threshold (wasting zetas beats sacrificing gear!).

AV unique for HAAT. Must be the only zeta I don't really use anywhere nowadays.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited April 2021
    only one i regret is GMY (lead)
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    FO TF Pilot. I don't even remember WHY I did it.

I have some zetas which most people would consider a waste (like ST Han or Kanan) but it was definitely helpful at the moment so I don't have any regrets.
  • Some of my zetas are obsolete, but they were useful when I put them, so I don't regret any.
  • Some Zetas became less important but now I’m at a point where I have a healthy buffer of available zeta mats so if I want to throw away a couple of “fun” zetas it’s no big deal.
    It feels like CG have reached a balance in the Zeta economy.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Phasma's lead only a few days before KRU was announced.
  • Aurra Sing x2
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Sidious
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    I do not currently "regret" any zetas, I DO however regret one omega. Hux's basic. All the zeta's I have; served a purpose when I put them on them; they may not be relevant now; but at the time they were, and I got good use out of them. Hux's basic its counter productive to a SLKR team in which he was designed to work with, which I find very odd.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Phasma and Qui-Gon are the only two Zetas on my characters whom I no longer make use of.
    I do remember getting quite a lot of use out of Qui-Gon's back in the day before he was power-creeped out of any real use.
    But Phasma ... ? Oh boy, there's another character who really needs a rework. They could easily introduce a First Order Rank & File tag for FO Stormie, Executioner, Sith Trooper and the two FO TIE Pilots and then rework Phasma to be their Leader.
  • Sidious, EPs unique, Boba Fett, AV’s lead, JTR’s uniques, and QGJ.

Most of these were required for events, but I regretted putting them on and now I regret having that extra GP for GAC.
  • Sidious Maul HK Sav Rey.. All have zetas and enough gear to be in my top 60 GP, and are currently useless.

Also zetas currently unused:
    DN(lead), QGJ (lead)

I zeted' sidious when I was trying to build a DOT squad for the sith raid.

Of those I suppose Sidious is my biggest regret, as I never really made good use of the zeta and because sidous is relic 7 now, the zeta adds to my bloat.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Sidious, EPs unique, Boba Fett, AV’s lead, JTR’s uniques, and QGJ.

Most of these were required for events, but I regretted putting them on and now I regret having that extra GP for GAC.

I don't know - most of those are still decent and are/were very solid (except Sideous). Maybe you came into the game later than me, but QGJ's lead made him the primary Jedi lead when the GMY event first dropped - and it was also a great lead in arena for a while as well. JTR uniques and AV's lead have all definitely served their purpose for me. And, since I still use both in GAC, I don't regret those either.

I think it's worth noting that the question is "Which do you regret?" not "Which aren't useful now?" - and, of course, you can regret them if you don't use those characters now and didn't use them much after the zetas. I'm just saying, for me, many of the ones you listed I don't regret. And, luckily, some of the ones you listed (Sid and Boba) I didn't use.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

I don't know - most of those are still decent and are/were very solid (except Sideous). Maybe you came into the game later than me, but QGJ's lead made him the primary Jedi lead when the GMY event first dropped - and it was also a great lead in arena for a while as well. JTR uniques and AV's lead have all definitely served their purpose for me. And, since I still use both in GAC, I don't regret those either.

I think it's worth noting that the question is "Which do you regret?" not "Which aren't useful now?" - and, of course, you can regret them if you don't use those characters now and didn't use them much after the zetas. I'm just saying, for me, many of the ones you listed I don't regret. And, luckily, some of the ones you listed (Sid and Boba) I didn't use.

I do regret them now because they negatively impact GAC matchmaking.

Sidious - was my third zeta. Didn’t really know what I was doing at the time. It feels needed for SEE, but after that event I never use Sidious.

EP - again felt needed for SEE, but I didn’t need the zeta before for how I used him and don’t need it now.

Boba Fett - second zeta and again didn’t really know what I was doing.

AV’s lead - good zeta but I don’t have NS geared. I needed it to finish the GAS event.

The other 2 were ok at the time, but I never use QGJ now and I only use JTR for beating non relic BH. Sometimes JTR can sneak a defensive win in GAC too.
  • Some Zetas became less important but now I’m at a point where I have a healthy buffer of available zeta mats so if I want to throw away a couple of “fun” zetas it’s no big deal.
    It feels like CG have reached a balance in the Zeta economy.

Yeah I sit on a 200 zeta buffer these days so when I do put one one I don't feel so bad. Working towards JKL and JML now so it's good I have them laying around. I was able to put the 2 on Wampa in time for the last JKL event but was only able to complete the first two tiers. When he goes permanent I'll be fully ready. And at least I know I don't need ones on ROLO, Lando or CHS.
  • Ultra wrote: »

I agree that is lead was a waste

Sidious - was my third zeta. Didn’t really know what I was doing at the time. It feels needed for SEE, but after that event I never use Sidious.

EP - again felt needed for SEE, but I didn’t need the zeta before for how I used him and don’t need it now.

AV’s lead - good zeta but I don’t have NS geared. I needed it to finish the GAS event.

The other 2 were ok at the time, but I never use QGJ now and I only use JTR for beating non relic BH. Sometimes JTR can sneak a defensive win in GAC too.

But everyone you face in GAC will also have zetas they regret or are no longer using (or both).

The GAC matchmaking focus has created this "golden snitch" concept of the perfectly lean roster with absolutely no fat in terms of unnecessary zetas or gear on characters. But it's a fallacy. Everyone gears characters that they later don't use. Lots of zetas were useful once but are no longer of any great benefit.

But everyone you face in GAC will also have zetas they regret or are no longer using (or both).

The GAC matchmaking focus has created this "golden snitch" concept of the perfectly lean roster with absolutely no fat in terms of unnecessary zetas or gear on characters. But it's a fallacy. Everyone gears characters that they later don't use. Lots of zetas were useful once but are no longer of any great benefit.

And? The initial question was which zetas do you wish you could have back. I answered that, and then elaborated further on why I wish I could have those back. Some people want the mats back to use elsewhere and others would like to not have high GP on toons they don’t use in GAC. I’m in the second group.

I also forgot to mention that I regret putting a zeta on HK-47. I got talked into putting one on him to beat Jedi teams easier, and realized after doing it that it didn’t make much of a difference.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

tenor.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Not to mention that many of those "old" zetas (QGJ lead, Sideous, to name a few) won't even figure in GAC matchmaking if you've geared/relic'd past them. My QGJ and Sid are not in my top 80 anymore anyway (I don't have SEE - the only GL I'm not actively pursuing at this point in time).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Waqui wrote: »
    Phasma's lead only a few days before KRU was announced.

She was my arena team when i started the game out so i have no regrets on her
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Tbf, this was a great zeta. I mean, for the week we used it until bastilla came out.

Rtt: No Ragrets
    Maybe End Game isn't for you