Most devastating mistake you've made

Prev13456
Sungsta
163 posts Member
It's taken me aeons to finally accumulate the required resources for getting my first character to relic 8. Excitedly, I raced to apply it on kylo..... except it went on kylo ren unmasked, not supreme leader kylo ren. Sent a request to support to see if I could undo my mistake and they basically stomped me to the curb by saying that all transactions are final and it is not possible to undo.

I'm so completely devastated now, I don't even want to open the game.....

So let the sob stories begin! What was the worst mistake that u have made in this game?

Replies

• 1) when our guild had all agreed to try one more t6 HSTR and I accidentally launched a heroic

2) when I accidentally aborted a Tank Raid AND a Rancor Raid during signup phase (thankfully Support looked kindly on us and reinstated the tickets)

3) not reading any guides before my first attempt at T3 of the SEE event.
  • Sungsta wrote: »
    It's taken me aeons to finally accumulate the required resources for getting my first character to relic 8. Excitedly, I raced to apply it on kylo..... except it went on kylo ren unmasked, not supreme leader kylo ren. Sent a request to support to see if I could undo my mistake and they basically stomped me to the curb by saying that all transactions are final and it is not possible to undo.

I'm so completely devastated now, I don't even want to open the game.....

So let the sob stories begin! What was the worst mistake that u have made in this game?

This. Completely. Sucks.

Ouch.
  • Started playing this godforsaken game :p

But for reals, most of my first year was a total mess. I never knew what I was doing. I watched YT videos here and there but never really had much direction. So I was way behind on getting characters I needed. I had never seen Rebels, so I ignored Phoenix Squad, and struggled to catch up and get Thrawn. Now I feel like I'm a year behind on everything.
    Otherwise nothing as drastic as the OP.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Going into GAC battles with a Resistance Hero Finn-led team instead of regular Finn. Likewise, going in with a Poe Dameron- or Resistance Hero Poe-led team.

Using Darth Revan against Bossk Bounty Hunters (you'll still win, but it's just such a dumb thing to do...)

Not checking which jawas I was sending in 3v3 once and going up against Geonosians without Scavenger.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    When mods first were released I played this game very casual and didn’t realise how important they were and therefore didn’t farm them until much later. Since both grey and gold mods all became gold coloured when maxed I didn’t even understand there was a big difference in stats (this was before you could slice them) Don’t know how many great mods I missed out on because of that.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Making a forum account.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    1fpbrr5qn5m5.gif
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Making a forum account.

I think I have the power to fix this one for you.
    ll1n5cqb70gg.gif
  • Oh, man OP, that sucks!

Nowhere near as drastic, but I did drop the zeta on GMY's lead less than a week before Bastilla was announced and basically made that zeta redundant. I don't think I've ever used it. This was when zeta mats were still relatively hard to come by. Still think about it every time I consider a "frivolous" zeta.
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Spending my first year's worth of GET1 on gear instead of farming HODA and Wampa. Still recovering from that.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Making a forum account.

I think I have the power to fix this one for you.
    ll1n5cqb70gg.gif

gooMuLD.gif
  • I fell asleep early a few weeks ago and not only did my energy fill to max and sat there for hours, but I completely missed the midnight-6am shipments. :/
  • TVF wrote: »
    Making a forum account.
    we all regret you doing that :p
  • Confusing General Skywalker for JKA, or Shaak Ti for Ahsoka, or Wedge’s X wing for Biggs’. I mistakenly put Shaak in one of my Padme squad load outs, then forgot to change it...twice.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I once accidentally deleted about 30 mod loadouts by deleting an entire tab by accident.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Going into GAC battles with a Resistance Hero Finn-led team instead of regular Finn. Likewise, going in with a Poe Dameron- or Resistance Hero Poe-led team.

Using Darth Revan against Bossk Bounty Hunters (you'll still win, but it's just such a dumb thing to do...)

Not checking which jawas I was sending in 3v3 once and going up against Geonosians without Scavenger.

DR doesn’t always win against bossk BH. I lost a GAC match because I timed out on that matchup lol. I thought surely DR and BSF don’t need Malak for this fight, I’ll win easy.
  • OP - I want to give you a covid free hug. That's crushing!
  • I gave Old Ben his unique zeta. Not his taunt, which is still marginally useful. As my first one. God I hate myself for doing that. And not gunning for Phoenix ASAP.
  • But dude. I feel your pain. Hugs from the forums.
  • I gave Old Ben his unique zeta. Not his taunt, which is still marginally useful. As my first one. God I hate myself for doing that. And not gunning for Phoenix ASAP.

I've never actually given Old Ben a zeta, so this at least helps me decide on one I can slap on in the future. Thanks.
  • My Mistakes
    1. Farming CUP of squad arena store for a few days
    2. getting CUP to gear 4
    3. Farming the Tuskens
    4. Giving Luke (Farmboy) omega upgrades
    5. Accidently closing out of the SWGOH app as I was about to get 4/4 in P1 Geo.
    6. Getting Mon Mothma to gear 8
    7. Getting Clone Sargent to 6 star
    8. Getting Gar Saxon to Gear 7
    9. Farming Beskar Mando reqs for a bit
    10. Not participating in the Sith Raid 3 times
  • My Mistakes
    2. getting CUP to gear 4
    3. Farming the Tuskens

5 & 10 I get, the others don't seem all that awful. Ok maybe the first 3 are a little dumb, but not enough to regret
  • Buying 3 cantina refreshes and forgetting to use them because I passed out 😴
    Slicing the wrong mod to E when I ment to click on the one to the right of it.
    Selling a 20 speed mod by accident because I forgot to lock it.
    Giving zeta to old republic toons so I could get meet the requirements.
    Embo lead zeta, Boba zeta, and nihilous lead zeta.
    Leaving the TW right as it was about to start.
    Final mistake, telling my guild leader something and getting kicked on phase 4 of geo tb
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Confusing General Skywalker for JKA, or Shaak Ti for Ahsoka, or Wedge’s X wing for Biggs’. I mistakenly put Shaak in one of my Padme squad load outs, then forgot to change it...twice.

I’ve made the Biggs and Wedge error a bunch since getting BLT. Now that Biggs is in reserve to start, I don’t see his name before deploying.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
    Final mistake, telling my guild leader something and getting kicked on phase 4 of geo tb
    Tough break on that E mod!

Can you post your swgoh.gg so I can see the mod in question 😜?!
    Tough break on that E mod!

Can you post your swgoh.gg so I can see the mod in question 😜?!

I'm just here for the follow up. Don't mind me.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    My Mistakes
    2. getting CUP to gear 4
    3. Farming the Tuskens

Which Geo TB? LS or DS?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    My Mistakes
    2. getting CUP to gear 4
    3. Farming the Tuskens

Which Geo TB? LS or DS?

@Ultra how many KAM shards does your guild earn.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    My Mistakes
    2. getting CUP to gear 4
    3. Farming the Tuskens

Which Geo TB? LS or DS?

DS, there is no way I could ever get it in LS, when I do LS, I get like 2 or 3 turns and Im dead
  • Getting married a second time. Oh wait. Wrong chat. Sorry. 😂