Basic Mods - assign all automatically

why doesn't a button exist, where you can assign all mods automatically in basic mods??

Replies

• Because there is no way on earth that it would do the job well.
  • the algorithm doesn't need to be perfect... as it's basic mods...
  • but it would be nice, if you don't have to go through all characters just to assign a few mods...
    instead you should just be able to click one button...
  • But you’ll have to click hundreds more when you realise what a bad job has been done.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The basic mod idea and setup is to help introduce the player to mods. It's to start you on the hands on process that is modding. This would go the opposite direction of that.
  • Because there is no way on earth that it would do the job well.

i heard HotUtils is doing something like that...
  • BumbleB wrote: »
    Because there is no way on earth that it would do the job well.

i heard HotUtils is doing something like that...
    No it doesn’t, but it can link with GrandIvory which will do it.

But that’s the point - a third party web based piece of software that links with another third party web based piece of software can assign mods.

It is not reasonable to ask the devs to increase the games code to include this facility. The game would become too large to run on many devices.
  • i don't know... why can a third party app do that?? why can't EA/CG hire the developer and let them implement something like that in the game??
  • BumbleB wrote: »
    i don't know... why can a third party app do that?? why can't EA/CG hire the developer and let them implement something like that in the game??

Memory allocation would be my guess.