[MEGA] Upcoming Grand Arena Championship Division Changes

Prev13456722
Kyno
32087 posts Moderator
edited April 2021
Hello Holotable Heroes,

Grand Arena Championship Divisions will soon be receiving some changes intended to promote a more balanced and competitive Grand Arena Championship experience. To address the diverse range of GPs at the highest levels of GAC, we will be redistributing the number of players in GAC divisions to closely reflect the ratio of players that were originally in those divisions at the time of GAC’s launch. After the first and second divisions, players will be evenly divided among divisions 3 through 11.

Here are some key things to note regarding the changes:
  • The rewards will remain unchanged.
  • The top divisions will require more character squads (ships will remain unchanged) to address the growth and expansion rosters have undergone since the original launch of GAC.
  • The following will be added to both 3v3 and 5v5 versions of GAC:
    • Div 1: Add 4 total squads
    • Divs 2-4: Add 3 total squads
    • Div 5: Add 2 total squads
    • Div 6: Add 1 total squad
In addition to the above changes, the amount of required points scored to promote between divisions and leagues will be different for some divisions and leagues. For the lower divisions of Bronzium leagues, the amount of points required will decrease to assist newer/lower GP players. Conversely, some higher divisions and leagues will require more points to promote (which accounts for the additional squad battles taking place amongst players in those divisions). For a comprehensive breakdown, see the chart below (NOTE: Carbonite divisions are not included, as they will remain unchanged. Also, the reduced requirements for Bronzium divisions are highlighted in teal):
sey4yiyc3xq6.png

Lastly, the following are the new minimum Galactic Power requirements for each GAC Division:
  • 11: 0
  • 10: 1,000,000
  • 9: 1,600,000
  • 8: 2,300,000
  • 7: 3,100,000
  • 6: 3,850,000
  • 5: 4,500,000
  • 4: 5,150,000
  • 3: 6,000,000
  • 2: 6,650,000
  • 1: 7,800,000

Keep an eye out for the update notes announcing the dates these changes will be implemented.

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2021
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Will the rewards of league promotion improve in each division?
  • Will the formula only take into account the GP of top 80 characters, or will that be expanded as well?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I like the more squads per division, since i haven't been able to fully utilize my roster anymore or do any feats since there are more meta teams than what can be used

Personally, I would've increased the Div 2 entry a bit higher because players on div 3 will very quickly reach div 2

and the GP range is so wide we will have another lean roster situation, where the lower GP end of Div 2 will dominate vs higher end (ala Bus74)
  • Ultra wrote: »

It tells you in the post that the rewords stay the same
    I like the more squads per division, since i haven't been able to fully utilize my roster anymore or do any feats since there are more meta teams than what can be used

Personally, I would've increased the Div 2 entry a bit higher because players on div 3 will very quickly reach div 2

and the GP range is so wide we will have another lean roster situation, where the lower GP end of Div 2 will dominate vs higher end (ala Bus74)

doubt it, because there are also 3 more squads to even the playing field further
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

He mentioned about the end of event reward, not league promotion reward (which is the gear salvage you get) and is different in each division
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Getting demoted and less rewards for the same more effort (more teams required) is just a kick in the groin. If you're remapping the requirements you need to remap the rewards instead of now penalizing a large percentage of the players who are getting demoted into lower divisions.
    Post edited by EgoSlayer on

but what about the rewards :p
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Will the formula only take into account the GP of top 80 characters, or will that be expanded as well?

Given the in-game description of matchmaking, it should be top (number of toons used for defense times 2) so it should be more now
  • Gurken
    59 posts Member
    Is the added squads to the og div # or og div 1/2? ie will new div 5 be of div 5 +2 squads or og div 1 +2 squads?

Yeah, if my division is changed from 1 down to 4, am I suddenly going to get less promotion rewards even though I had worked my way up divisions for those rewards already?
  • rewards are not worth it anyway.. too long of an event for such weak rewards
  • If players in div 3 and below are reallocated towards lower divisions, does that mean we will essentially need less squads as they are maintaining the same settings as today ?

Eg. Moving from a div where I need 9 squads to a lower div where I might only need 5. Is that correct ?

I'm not sure I get the logic but ok.

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    Getting demoted and less rewards for the same effort is just a kick in the groin. If you're remapping the requirements you need to remap the rewards instead of now penalizing a large percentage of the players who are getting demoted into lower divisions.

It doesn't say anything about division rewards I don't think?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Falco3
    60 posts Member
    So it says end of event rewards will stay the same. We need clarification on what that means.

If I'm in Div 1 now but get bumped to Div 5, am I receiving the same Div 5 rewards? Or the same rewards I was receiving in Div 1 now that I'm in Div 5?

Very different results...CG?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    Getting demoted and less rewards for the same effort is just a kick in the groin. If you're remapping the requirements you need to remap the rewards instead of now penalizing a large percentage of the players who are getting demoted into lower divisions.

Yeah, hoping at the very minimum, they scaled the rewards to make it the same for lower divisions at the same GP (previous div 1 players still getting the same rewards in div 3 or wherever they end up)

best case, they increase the amount of gear we get than we currently do, and add more gear to it (like kyros)
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Falco3 wrote: »
    So it says end of event rewards will stay the same. We need clarification on what that means.

It means exactly what it says. End of event rewards are identical across all divisions, and they aren't changing.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited April 2021
    Falco3 wrote: »
    End of event rewards is the amount of GAC Tokens you get and the title you get for your rank in the division when week 4 of GAC ends

Such as rank 1 Kyber Division gets 5500 GAC Tokens (IIRC), and rank 201+ get 3200 GAC Tokens
  • Shouldn't there be more 3v3 teams added than 5v5 ones especially in div 1? Currently the ratio is 11-7 (1.57) in div1. It's going to be 15-11 (1.36) instead.

Also, could we get the list of teams per division put into a chart for handy reference (it's not available anywhere that I can find).

• This sounds like another spray fart...more effort same rewards (or in some cases less rewards). This game mode really needs to goose up the promotion rewards as they’re terrible. No wonder participation is down....I hope (I really don’t have much) that this was omitted in the notes.
  • Yeah, I'm really concerned that this division rebalance translates to a big nerf to GA rewards for players in the middle of this shift.
  • I understand they are trying to balance things but I'm not a fan of additional teams needed. An additional four teams is a significant chunk of time required to do battles. I imagine some folks will like this cause they get more entertainment value from the game but its a thumbs down for me.
  • It was past time for this to happen, but better late than never.

At the most we pray, this is one of the good things done by the CG, and usually when something good happens, in the sequence comes a big mess (the word is another)
  • Good another change that is going to make it impossible to get kyber someday they might make a change where it’s going to benefit me and not CG or whales
  • Astorath wrote: »
    Good another change that is going to make it impossible to get kyber someday they might make a change where it’s going to benefit me and not CG or whales
    Can you explain how this doesn’t benefit you with some actual detail? People have been complaining about the wide gap in GP in division 1 for over a year. This fixes it, no?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

He mentioned about the end of event reward, not league promotion reward (which is the gear salvage you get) and is different in each division

Hes going to update the post, they are staying the same.
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Adding all those extra squads is going to be tough, but not competing against all those much higher GP people all the time should be an improvement to the experience.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Will the formula only take into account the GP of top 80 characters, or will that be expanded as well?

No specific details, they will only say it's being updated.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Hes going to update the post, they are staying the same.

I should probably just wait, but people in Div 1 currently will now be in different divisions, they get the same promotion rewards still?