GAC div 1 needs to be split up

Keydash1
503 posts Member
edited April 2021
This is not a complaint about matchmaking. I actually think the matchmaking is pretty reasonable.

This is purely about the prizes at the end of the season. It's pretty clear division 1 is enormous compared to the other divisions, particularly the lower divisions. It's so much bigger that the 200th place cutoff for better final prizes is quite extreme. Take the accounts below as an example.

The division 9 account finished 9-3, with 11 full clears and few feats beyond the undersize and zone clear feats.

The division 1 account finished 12-0, with 10 full clears (45/48 zones cleared), and all feats except the retribution feat and 3 character specific feats.

These accounts will finish with essentially the same rank in their division. The difference is that there are simply many many more players in division 1.

As things currently stand, most 12-0 division 1 players get the same final prize as high end 7-5 players (although they do get better prizes each week). It means that once you have kyber locked, there is little incentive to try hard in the last few matches.

There is no practical reason that 4.6m players should be competing with 7m players for the same prize pool. They are playing very different games. If we split division 1 into 3 or more separate divisions, it would hardly impact matchmaking at all, or people's final league. The only result would be to bring top 200 more in line with other divisions.

zqyns3z8lz6n.png
hol1qjddqe1b.png

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Omg yes yes yes!!!!!!
  • Division 1 is now a 4.5m to 9m+ GP range which is just crazy. Even at that low end of that range I don't have to dig very deep into my roster.
  • Sooooo much yeeeees!

Relevant info:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/ikox24/gac_divisions_and_state_of_the_playerbase_10/

Current division steps
    2 : 700k
    3 : 700k
    4 : 600k
    5 : 500k
    6 : 400k
    7 : 300k

If CG were to follow the previous structure
    We get cut offs at 5.3m (800k jump) 6.1, 7.0, 7.9, 8.9 and so on. Since density at high gp will be low, it still makes 4 whopping new divisions.

I understand that they will probably want to make these thresholds large as they are way too late to get this going, they should still give us 3 new divisions with better reward structures and more slots (=harder/more war of attrition) and promise to consistently add more going forth.
  • And the top kyber in division 1 are not players around 8 m gp but more the lower end without a single GL :D
  • Thanks for posting that Reddit link MaruMaru. Striking numbers.
  • And the top kyber in division 1 are not players around 8 m gp but more the lower end without a single GL :D

at the bottom GP threshold with that undergeared and underzeta'd rosters there are a lot of people that will place rebels, phoenix, eowks and carth teams on defense which are all fodder for certain solo chars to score 63/64 banners
    adding more divisions would defnitely make things better and it's ridiculous it didn't happen yet (they even said in a Q&A waaay back then that they alrdy have it on their radar and are just waiting for the top end population to hit a certain threshold - just another thing CG promised and never delivered)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • This makes a lot of sense. Unless CG wants to put a dampening effect on rewards that’s allocated to the end game players.
  • Yeah, but then how would Bus74 finish first?
  • Yeah, but then how would Bus74 finish first?

He can keep doing it, just in another division. Hopefully the one that will be called div 4 by then.
  • Bus 74 failed to get rank 1 this time
    He is Only rank 2
    6 of the top 10 have a GL but hey, let's not let facts get in the way of hyperbole.
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    More divisions would be good, as would more teams to set. Would add some variety, and let us use more of our rosters. Still fun playing the game with G11/12 toons, not just the pretty red and blue ones!
    I'd love ship zones to be equal value to toons also.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    My only question is, say a 5.5m gp player is put in the new D2 or D3, will their rewards stay the same as they currently get in D1?

Or will D1 remain the same, but those of us in the new D2/D3 get less?

Or does new top divisions get increased rewards?

I suppose top 3 divisions could get same rewards and just not have to play each other, but that would give a benefit to not increasing overall GP, which up to this point has been counter to the spirit of the game and previous reward systems implemented.
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    My only question is, say a 5.5m gp player is put in the new D2 or D3, will their rewards stay the same as they currently get in D1?

I suppose top 3 divisions could get same rewards and just not have to play each other, but that would give a benefit to not increasing overall GP, which up to this point has been counter to the spirit of the game and previous reward systems implemented.

The only thing that makes sense is when they leave the current divisions and their rewards, when adding a new one. So, the new division 1 would get a new, better crate of rewards. The old division 1 becomes the new division 2 with the old division 1 rewards. Upgrading our rosters always needs to remain beneficial.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

The only thing that makes sense is when they leave the current divisions and their rewards, when adding a new one. So, the new division 1 would get a new, better crate of rewards. The old division 1 becomes the new division 2 with the old division 1 rewards. Upgrading our rosters always needs to remain beneficial.

You would have thought, huh?