[MEGA] Upcoming Grand Arena Championship Division Changes

Replies

• It mentioned no change for fleets. Does that mean 2 defensive fleets until Div2? Or that 2 defensive fleets would start at the same GP level (3.8M) which would now fall in Div5.

I like spreading out the divisions and adding more defenses- so I think this is a good move. I'm hoping the 2-fleet defense doesn't wait til 6.65M GP in div2. It would be nice to start that earlier- say div 5 or 4.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    LockStep wrote: »
    I understand they are trying to balance things but I'm not a fan of additional teams needed. An additional four teams is a significant chunk of time required to do battles. I imagine some folks will like this cause they get more entertainment value from the game but its a thumbs down for me.

4 more if you are div 1 and it takes 2-5 mins to do a battle and you have 24 hours to do it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Will the rewards of league promotion improve in each division?

It tells you in the post that the rewords stay the same

He mentioned about the end of event reward, not league promotion reward (which is the gear salvage you get) and is different in each division

Hes going to update the post, they are staying the same.

I should probably just wait, but people in Div 1 currently will now be in different divisions, they get the same promotion rewards still?

I believe what he is saying is that all rewards will be the same as they are now for each division. Then you get rewards based on what division you are in, during the event.
  • Kyno wrote: »

He mentioned about the end of event reward, not league promotion reward (which is the gear salvage you get) and is different in each division

So this is a nerf to GA for like 90% of players? Or do you mean the rewards for us are staying the same like they're moving them down?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It mentioned no change for fleets. Does that mean 2 defensive fleets until Div2? Or that 2 defensive fleets would start at the same GP level (3.8M) which would now fall in Div5.

I like spreading out the divisions and adding more defenses- so I think this is a good move. I'm hoping the 2-fleet defense doesn't wait til 6.65M GP in div2. It would be nice to start that earlier- say div 5 or 4.

Div 1 and 2 will have 2 fleets like it is now.
  • The following will be added to both 3v3 and 5v5 versions of GAC:
    Div 1: Add 4 total squads
    Divs 2-4: Add 3 total squads
    Div 5: Add 2 total squads
    Div 6: Add 1 total squad

Interesting change is that there used to be no reason to sit in an even numbered division, as the number of teams required was the same in the next higher odd numbered division - while the promotion rewards increased (slightly).

When I was working my way up the divisions I managed to skip most of the even numbered ones, or only spend one month at the most. Doesn't look like that will be the same.

Also, I'm don't remember div 5 number of teams, but won't someone who drops from 1 to 5 end up using less teams? Meaning seeing less variety on defence?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    It mentioned no change for fleets. Does that mean 2 defensive fleets until Div2? Or that 2 defensive fleets would start at the same GP level (3.8M) which would now fall in Div5.

Ok yikes, because at 6.3m I am now Div 3 and making that 1 fleet seems like a step backward.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BTW, a chart containing the number of squads needed per division would be greatly improved by having the number of squads per zone.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

I should probably just wait, but people in Div 1 currently will now be in different divisions, they get the same promotion rewards still?

I believe what he is saying is that all rewards will be the same as they are now for each division. Then you get rewards based on what division you are in, during the event.

Still not clear, sorry. I am moving from Div 1 to Div 3 at 6.3m. Does that mean my league promotion rewards will be the current Div 3 ones, which are less than the current Div 1 ones?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    DinoConV wrote: »

So this is a nerf to GA for like 90% of players? Or do you mean the rewards for us are staying the same like they're moving them down?

They are not changing from the current divison setup, just the players are moving around.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

So people currently in division 1 will get less gear for reaching aurodium and kyber if they are placed in lower divisions?

Well, I hope there is still time to give some feedback, and hopefully they make it the same rewards for league promotion in div 3/2/1, and consider adding more stuff to it like signal data
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Still not clear, sorry. I am moving from Div 1 to Div 3 at 6.3m. Does that mean my league promotion rewards will be the current Div 3 ones, which are less than the current Div 1 ones?

You will get the rewards of the divison you are in. The rewards are not being changed from the current setup.

You will get the rewards of the divison you are in. The rewards are not being changed from the current setup.

So we get less rewards by being dropped because of the changes. How is that fair?
  • Jenoke76
    35 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    If I understand it well, this will be the amount of defenders needed:

5b194wbbh067.jpg
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

I'm sorry but again, still not clear.

I get the rewards of the current division 3? Even though I'm in division 1 currently?
  • I just reread the squad changes- it feels too low in the middle. Is this right?

at 3.6M, i'd be Div3 in old system and set 6 squad defenses.
    in new system, I'd be div7 and only set 4 defenses?

• TVF wrote: »

Ok yikes, because at 6.3m I am now Div 3 and making that 1 fleet seems like a step backward.

Completely with you on this.
    That really should be adjusted so that 2 fleets move down to the division starting at current div 2 GP.

Also not a fan of promotion rewards decreasing because I’m bumped down a few divisions, seems like another oversight.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    As someone with 6.3mil GP. I have invested into having multiple fleets for GAC purposes. I will now be placed into Division 3 instead of Division 1. That said, currently division 3 has 1 fleet on defense, but *clearly* accounts with 6.3mil GP should be able to field 4, 5, 6 fleets. Please tell me that the "fleets remaining unchanged" means that people who are currently placing 2 fleets will still be placing 2 fleets, and not just that the top 2 divisions will be placing 2 fleets, because that wouldn't make any sense. Currently people with 4million GP are placing 2 fleets, so if fleets are to remain unchanged then you would need to still have 2 fleets on defense all the way down through Division 6?

I bring this up just because the math for the Kyber banners doesn't seem to reflect that Division 3 and Division 2 would have the same number of squads and the same number of fleets. Any chance you could clarify exactly what each division will be placing?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Also not a fan of promotion rewards decreasing because I’m bumped down a few divisions, seems like another oversight.

I'm all for shuffling players around, but I think promotion rewards need to be adjusted

everything else can stay the same or buffed up (maybe give 6 Dot slicing mats at end of week rewards)
  • Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    those complaining about getting bumped out of Div 1, I suggest you pump up your GP and gear those toons to get above the 7.8M entry and see whats its really like, a lot of folks have had it easy at 5.5-6.5M in D1 for too long! "WHALE HARDER!"
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    those complaining about getting bumped out of Div 1, I suggest you pump up your GP and gear those toons to get above the 7.8M entry and see whats its really like, a lot of folks have had it easy at 5.5-6.5M in D1 for too long! "WHALE HARDER!"

That doesn't justify reducing rewards (if that's actually happening, still very unclear). If you want to argue that you should get increased rewards, I'll listen. Nothing should be taken away from anyone.

I was extremely excited about this change until i read this, and now it appears to just be an easy way out for CG to stop giving out as many rewards. Hope they realize how bad that would look before going live with it
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    dwelling more on it, i'm fine with reduced rewards for league promotion

It just encourages players to develop roster more
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited April 2021
    That doesn't justify reducing rewards (if that's actually happening, still very unclear). If you want to argue that you should get increased rewards, I'll listen. Nothing should be taken away from anyone.
    Rewards are based on the league you reach. Your Division does not impact your rewards.

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Rewards are based on the league you reach. Your Division does not impact your rewards.

[/quote]

@CG_SBCrumb Your division impacts your rewards for league promotions. My alt gets less rewards for reaching kyber in div 4 than my main does in div 1. After this change my main changes from div 1 to div 3. Will my rewards for league promotions be reduced to the current div 3 levels?
  • Does anyone have the current Rank Promotion (Carbonite->Bronzium, etc) rewards?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

[/quote]
    Yes it does - do you even play your own product?

When you promote from Carbonite to Bronzium, bronzium to chromium, etc the rewards are better in higher divisions.

So your division does impact your promotion rewards.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

[/quote]

Are you saying league promotion rewards (gear and such) are being changed to be independent of division?
  • Superpotts
    18 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    So Div 5 and 4 are being combined into the new Div 8 with an 800k GP spread from 2.3M to 3.1M. That's crazy. The difference in roster between those GPs is mad. Div 9 is even worse. The top end of the new Div 9 will be nearly 50 percent more than the GP of the bottom end!

This seems to be a way to really make life a lot harder for newer players and free to play players.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Does anyone have the current Rank Promotion (Carbonite->Bronzium, etc) rewards?

I remember that you aren't losing out a lot, so i think its not a big deal for dropping to div 3 from div 1

You are getting like 5 stun gun salvage less per month for being in div 2 vs div 1 or so