Why does CG hate fleet?

Snoopy4pres
95 posts Member
edited April 2021
My roster is fairly heavily invested in fleet and that is arguably one of my favorite portions but it seems like CG is actively trying to push people away from ships and punish those that invested in them.

For example the crystal payout for ship arena is significantly lower than squad arena.

The ship raid was canceled.

Conquest and Galactic challenges never have a ship component.

And with the new GAC changes a large portion of players lost a fleet spot meaning that a large portion of my GP is now unused despite the fact that I will be put against opponents with stronger ground teams because of it....

The big prize for conquest is the razor crest but it’s hard to be excited for when ship use is going backwards not forwards.

Replies

• I just went from div 1 to 5. Now I will likely never lose in fleet banners with both Nego and Malev.

With the new system your top 80 just got respected more and fleet inflated GP matters less.

It might make sense though for CG to separate fleet and squad into 2 concurrent GAC where fleet is auto enroll for all players.
  • I just went from div 1 to 5. Now I will likely never lose in fleet banners with both Nego and Malev.

With the new system your top 80 just got respected more and fleet inflated GP matters less.

It might make sense though for CG to separate fleet and squad into 2 concurrent GAC where fleet is auto enroll for all players.

They should have just added a third fleet spot at the top rather than take one away everywhere else
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    I just went from div 1 to 5. Now I will likely never lose in fleet banners with both Nego and Malev.

They should have just added a third fleet spot at the top rather than take one away everywhere else

I partially agree, though I think we need more starfighters desperately.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    I just went from div 1 to 5. Now I will likely never lose in fleet banners with both Nego and Malev.

They should add more fleets but it you have 7 million plus GP chances are you have rebels, FO, resistance, seps, galactic republic and can put together an empire or BH team as well especially as people get razor crest
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »

They should add more fleets but it you have 7 million plus GP chances are you have rebels, FO, resistance, seps, galactic republic and can put together an empire or BH team as well especially as people get razor crest

Yes you can put those together, but we dont actually have 6 usable fleets. Requiring 6 fleets right now even at the top end, is just asking to have at least 1, if not 2 junk fleet(s) on defense
  • Kyno wrote: »

Yes you can put those together, but we dont actually have 6 usable fleets. Requiring 6 fleets right now even at the top end, is just asking to have at least 1, if not 2 junk fleet(s) on defense

Ok but if everyone is in the same boat it’s fair and the top will grow into in fairly quickly. That makes more sense than taking a fleet away from people that are used to and set their rosters for having two.

Also with the tie bomber a well geared emote fleet is not trash. Especially if you put some effort into gar Saxon. 4 GLs which most of the 7+ mil will have and republic/sep fleets will give you 6 usable not trash fleets. Add razor crest with the BHs and you’ll have 7
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Also with the tie bomber a well geared emote fleet is not trash. Especially if you put some effort into gar Saxon. 4 GLs which most of the 7+ mil will have and republic/sep fleets will give you 6 usable not trash fleets. Add razor crest with the BHs and you’ll have 7

Would you mind showing each ship in all 6 fleets. You will end up with at least 2 that do not beat anything other than each other, but are beat by the other 4. Which is pretty much junk, as they would almost be forced to be filler on defense.

I just think adding that spot would be cart before the horse. Sure up the fleets first before adding the spot. IMO.
  • 1 - GG lead: Sun Fac, Vulture, Hyena, Geo Spy and Geo soldier
    2 - GK lead: JKA, GR Y-wing, 5s, Ahsoka, plo Koon
    3 - Tarkin lead: Vader, assassin, Marauder, Palp, maul
    4- Thrawn lead: TIE fighter, tie bomber, Gauntlet, reaper

Those are the main fleets I currently use in GAC and I’ll be moving to D3 where only 1 is needed on defense. Seems like it’s be pretty easy to make 2 more fleets using FO/Resistance and Rebel ships. I also haven’t included any BH ships or other randoms like Ebon Hawk. The goal wouldn’t be to forge 6 fleets that can beat GG/GK, it’d be to Come up with 3 fleets that you think can beat your opponent. Who cares if your Holdo fleet is only capable of beating a Hux fleet if that’s all it needs to do?

3 fleets could actually require a bit of thinking. With only 1 fleet. May as well throw GK on defense and hope your opponents gets bad RNG.

As it stands, only needing 2 fleets at the very top end of the new GAC system means that there’s 0 incentive to invest in fleets (unless fleet arena ever meta were to shift). Adding another fleet to top end GAC might add some incentive.
  • I have so many Fleet materials stockpiled that with the exception of Shards, I couldn't spend $ on Fleets even I wanted to. Perhaps they're stuck with needing to something big for Fleets vs doing nothing for Fleets.
    Hey, maybe they just prefer us thinking they're doing nothing so our expectations stay low. I remember the last bunch of Q&As, it was all "we can't" "we aren't" "we won't" "we didn't" in response to things we thought we happening, or wanted to happen. (Im glad they took a break from those)
    It's better I guess not to not tell us they're working on things only to have them shelved or cancelled.

Personally, for Fleets I would love Nihil and High Republic/Jedi Fleets (but 35 TV shows released piecemeal will likely dictate swgoh content)

• Ooo? I hadn't even gone through all of them.
    I'll have to look that up.

Really love the HR "Light Of The Jedi" absolutely floored me, I havent been that excited about Star Wars since I was a child.
    I hope CG gets directed to push HR through swgoh some day.
    Kyno wrote: »

Would you mind showing each ship in all 6 fleets. You will end up with at least 2 that do not beat anything other than each other, but are beat by the other 4.
    1. Nego. JKA, BTL, Ahsoka/Rex/Fives starter, Plo RI. Won't necessarily need a 4th RI (but JC does fine)
    2. Mal. Vulture, Hyena, 3 Geos, don't need more
    3. AA. ****, Bistan, Biggs. Cassian, Y-wing, Phantom, Ghost/Wedge
    4. Tarkin/Thrawn, TFP, Gauntlet, Tie. Vader, Shuttle, Tie Reaper + whatever sith/empire RI. Beats anything, even Nego/Mal
    5. Finalizer. 3 FO pilots. Clone Sarge and the other FO Tie as RI. Again no need for more. Beats Empire, Rebels, some Nego
    6. Raddus. HT, X-wing, Poe. Rey's Falcon RI. Add 1-2 fillers. Counters Mal.

One of Tarkin/Thrawn left for the upcoming BH fleet.
    You can field 6 more than functional fleets now, just no room for any mistakes and that's why I also think it's fine that they did not increase spots. We shouldn't field 3 fleets until we have at least 8-9 working fleets.

You ran face first into the problem. Not enough ships to go with all the capital ships. People been saying this for a while now.