Just hit 1 year in and need some advice

Hey guys
So I’ve just hit 1 year and pretty much free to play (bought a couple of £10 packs) I have unlocked a fair few Journey guide toons. But, having concentrated on the characters and gear needed for the events I have not really done anything with ships. Now I’m needing to farm gear 13 pieces but don’t have the nodes unlocked to do this, my ships aren’t the best and I’m stuck on Hard mode 4-D.
I don’t really want to start throwing gear into characters if I don’t need to but I don’t have many 7 star ships to play with and the toons aren’t the best either.
So just looking for some advice on what Capitol ship and fleet to use,
My profile is https://swgoh.gg/p/749362439/

Replies

• Nice roster, I do not have any advice for you though.
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Ok, so, i may be a bit mean in my assessment, but your roster, for your GP/Account age is not good. But it has some potential to work with.

You are saying that you have some trouble in fleet and i can see that. My recommendation as a intermediate fleet is running the Geonosians under tarkin or ackbar. (i do prefer tarkin)
    For that fleet you will need to farm Geo Spy, Geo Soldier and Sun Fac, the first 2 are Cantina farms, so relativly quick, Sun Fac shows up in guild and fleet store.
    Their ships come from GW and Fleet store.
    As you are building thoose 3 Characters, you should just get the other 2 teammembers (GBA and Poggle) to 7* as well and gear that entire team up, to the point where each character gets above 16,5k GP. GBA will also need the Zeta on his Unique Ability (Queens Will).
    Now that will help you alot more in Fleet Arena, and when you get the geo pilots to like g12, you can also do the last fleet nodes.

Now that you have stabilized your fleet, and gotten the geonosian team, its time, that you do look for a guild that does at least dark side geo TB (around 150m gp or higher). That way you start earning Guild Event Token 2, that you will need for the next big upgrade in fleet, either the malevolence, or the negotiator. with how your current fleet looks, i do recommend getting the malevolence, as its gonna be less investment. But you will have to farm the Hyena Bomber and Vulture droid for it. As both are long farms, i would start them fairly soon.

For the Character side of things, after you have done the geonosians, i would continue on your path to unlock Darth Revan, and then Malak. For the latter, you need to gear 2 "teams" up to at least 17,5k gp each. My recommended Characters for that are gonna be:
    Light Side Team: JKR, Bastila, Jolee, Mission and Zaalbar
    Dark Side Team: DR, Fallen Bastila, HK 47, Carth and Canderous, but you can do Juhani instead of Canderous, as you have her mostly geared up allready

I do hope you have saved up most of your GET 1, so you can get Malak up to 7* instantly, after you have unlocked him.

And with all that out of the way (i suppose its gonna keep you busy for at least 3 months), its time for you to look at a Galactic Legend. My recommendation would be SEE, but SLKR also is a possibility. I wouldnt do Rey, and JML is only a consideration, if you have more than 100k GET 1 saved up at the moment.

And one very very important note at the end: Your mods need work. ALOT of work. I recommend doing 3 mod refreshes daylie. That is more important than farming gear.
  • Wow, thank you for this.
    I will certainly look at getting geonosians done up. Come across these teams a few times and never beaten them.
    Yeah your right about the MODs, I just sort of slap a mod on a toon and forget about it.
    Really appreciate this though. Cheers
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    Yeah, mods are a area, people often neglect, but let me tell you something, they are the most important thing in the game, more important than relics or GLs. without good mods to support your characters, they wont ever do much for you. For example, your JKR should be above 300 speed at this point in the game, yet he is below 200.
  • From all that has been said, I just have a little more to add, go after Bossk and Hounds.

Rey, JML and SLKR have Hounds 7 stars as a prerequisite, it is a farm that sooner or later will be inevitable.
  • camper288 wrote: »
    From all that has been said, I just have a little more to add, go after Bossk and Hounds.

Rey, JML and SLKR have Hounds 7 stars as a prerequisite, it is a farm that sooner or later will be inevitable.

Plus it's a great ship that will greatly improve OP's fleet.
  • @Obiwantink7 I was just about to write almost exactly the same thing as @Arva already posted. Get Geonosians for fleet (plus they're great in general) while finishing up your Darth Revan farm, and get Darth Malak.

+1 about the getting in a good guild. You can make a post in the Guild Recruitment section of the forums. Make sure you get in one doing both Geo TB's so you can get the Malevolence. (DM me and maybe I can get you in my guild if we have a spot open)

So right now, your roster actually looks really good. If I were you, when you get Darth Revan/Malak, I'd relic up that team. They're really good, especially at relics, plus that gives you a really solid team for squad arena and GAC. Yes, your JKR and stuff are good, but not at the level of a relic DRevan team.
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    One note about HT, it is a very very good ship, but for now id not farm it. Why? becouse the Geonosian fleet doesnt need it to operate, and farming Hyena Bomber only takes 100 energy, compared to 200 Energy for Bossk and HT. And hyena will work better than HT with that fleet. so the only place for using HT would be GAC, and just for that, its not worth farming at the moment.
    And it sounded like OP doesnt have too much spare energy. He needs to focus his account, and that means being as efficient as possible. HT isnt needed for the forseeable future.
    It is something he can go back to farming, once he has done Hyena, and has his malevolence, or has spare energy, from the character/gear farming side of things.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Nice roster, I do not have any advice for you though.

Best comment you've ever made.
  • this isn't ship advice but its pretty important GEAR UP DARTH REVAN he is a great all around character and very soon you could get palak
  • this isn't ship advice but its pretty important GEAR UP DARTH REVAN he is a great all around character and very soon you could get palak
  • Shuster123
    217 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    this isn't ship advice but its pretty important GEAR UP DARTH REVAN he is a great all around character and very soon you could get malak