Conquest Launch [MEGA]

Replies

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Can I borrow 1m GP? Asking for an alt.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Feats are there now.
    One thing I found out is that some feats are achievable even if you lose the battle. The gain Advantage feat I did w a crappy fo team, lost the battle but got the accomplishment
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Feats are there now.
    One thing I found out is that some feats are achievable even if you lose the battle. The gain Advantage feat I did w a crappy fo team, lost the battle but got the accomplishment

That is part of a fix that is still in the works, it shouldn't work like that.
  • Mitch08
    300 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    inr6qqcobjrk.jpg
    I am not being allowed to join Hard mode this time around. Is this a bug, or intended?
    @Kyno
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Mitch08 wrote: »
    inr6qqcobjrk.jpg
    I am not being allowed to join Hard mode this time around. Is this a bug, or intended?
    Kyno

@Mitch08
    interesting. just have to ask, you have completed Normal(beat the last boss), correct?
  • Mitch08
    300 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Mitch08 wrote: »
    inr6qqcobjrk.jpg
    Kyno

@Mitch08
    interesting. just have to ask, you have completed Normal(beat the last boss), correct?

Yes, and I had joined Hard mode prior to it being reset last time.
  • Jed_Eye
    171 posts Member
    How can CG still not have addressed the faded boss feats issue.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Legitimate question. Are people not already tired of this? 2.5 tries in and well I get it I should farm jedi. Oh wait I farmed jedi. Well what about sith? This game mode isn't fun. It's repetitive. It is amusing it's poorly thought out. What would it take to make a game mode based on mechanics of the game and not arbitrary and non imaginative tenacity and speed. Ludicrous modifiers. Hey these guys are 20% faster...20% of what?

So my question this is fun? Using the same portions of my roster that I have to use everywhere else?

Personally, no i'm not tired of this. it is based on mechanics of the game. I have yet to see any arbitraty tenacity and speed on anyone. I find the modifiers fun to play against when looking at the teams we face. I also go out of my way to use other parts of my roster just for fun, which is quite nice.

also personally, i am more accepting, as I have a feeling they will add and change things as time progresses. considering this is in its infancy, I see no reason to even think about repetitive (which the randomness does a good job of taking care of), or other factors that are likely to change after they get through the first few runs. not that I expect this to be completely different in a year, but i'm excited to see what changes they will do over that time.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Legitimate question. Are people not already tired of this? 2.5 tries in and well I get it I should farm jedi. Oh wait I farmed jedi. Well what about sith? This game mode isn't fun. It's repetitive. It is amusing it's poorly thought out. What would it take to make a game mode based on mechanics of the game and not arbitrary and non imaginative tenacity and speed. Ludicrous modifiers. Hey these guys are 20% faster...20% of what?

So my question this is fun? Using the same portions of my roster that I have to use everywhere else?

You'd rather they have feats for Tuskens?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

I am enjoying Conquest still. It is fairly easy for my accounts to complete all of the battles and it doesn’t take too much time. I do not enjoy GAC due to the time investment and rewards earned so I can understand that circumstances have driven you to feel similarly about Conquest. The 20% faster does need to be addressed indeed.
  • did they not fix the greyed out feats issue? Really annoying to come back to this 3+ weeks later and see that it's still impossible to read. rkve83kabhbk.png
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited April 2021
    did they not fix the greyed out feats issue? Really annoying to come back to this 3+ weeks later and see that it's still impossible to read. rkve83kabhbk.png

Exit the sector / conquest and go back in again, and it should fix it (at least for this conquest run)
  • My issue remains how poorly balanced the mode is. With data disks, it's basically survive until your first turn and then win. If you have a GL, you (almost always) go first, so you win. If you aren't using a GL, you better have a passive way to gain TM or get a bonus turn because you may die before getting a turn.

I'm in S2 right now. I'm running 2 different Jedi teams for the feats, alternating them to keep both at high stamina. My JKR has 341 base speed, +40 from his lead with the comp I'm running, and then +27 from my +8% disk. That adds up to 408. I went in vs a Phoenix team with "Speed +40%". I didn't get a turn until they triggered Savior. Of course then I just used JKR's lead ability to call GMY to assist. Now his TM is full and I can spam the AOE until they are all dead (they can't counter because of the JKR lead "buff").

Alternatively, I can run JKL+JML. JML goes first. Use lead ability. JKL stuns everyone. They never get a turn.

I think this game mode could be really great. But as it stand right now, for me, it's just not balanced in a way that leads to fun interactions. Sure, it was fun the first few times to use Vader to MM chain forever. But that is getting old. And sector/event-level feats can force you into re-using the same teams ad nauseam.

Looking forward to seeing what changes will be made after this final(?) exhibition round
  • My issue remains how poorly balanced the mode is. With data disks, it's basically survive until your first turn and then win. If you have a GL, you (almost always) go first, so you win. If you aren't using a GL, you better have a passive way to gain TM or get a bonus turn because you may die before getting a turn.

I'm in S2 right now. I'm running 2 different Jedi teams for the feats, alternating them to keep both at high stamina. My JKR has 341 base speed, +40 from his lead with the comp I'm running, and then +27 from my +8% disk. That adds up to 408. I went in vs a Phoenix team with "Speed +40%". I didn't get a turn until they triggered Savior. Of course then I just used JKR's lead ability to call GMY to assist. Now his TM is full and I can spam the AOE until they are all dead (they can't counter because of the JKR lead "buff").

Alternatively, I can run JKL+JML. JML goes first. Use lead ability. JKL stuns everyone. They never get a turn.

I think this game mode could be really great. But as it stand right now, for me, it's just not balanced in a way that leads to fun interactions. Sure, it was fun the first few times to use Vader to MM chain forever. But that is getting old. And sector/event-level feats can force you into re-using the same teams ad nauseam.

Looking forward to seeing what changes will be made after this final(?) exhibition round

I agree with this completely. I am on Sector 2, have fully modded relic 7 team of GAS and clones and I cannot even complete the first battle against either of the teams that are supposedly gear 13 without any relics. Being F2P and doing the yearlong grind for a GL makes it hard for me to compete at all with this. Until I see some balance that makes since, this mode seems like a complete waste of time for me until I finally unlock a GL.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    My issue remains how poorly balanced the mode is. With data disks, it's basically survive until your first turn and then win. If you have a GL, you (almost always) go first, so you win. If you aren't using a GL, you better have a passive way to gain TM or get a bonus turn because you may die before getting a turn.

I agree with this completely. I am on Sector 2, have fully modded relic 7 team of GAS and clones and I cannot even complete the first battle against either of the teams that are supposedly gear 13 without any relics. Being F2P and doing the yearlong grind for a GL makes it hard for me to compete at all with this. Until I see some balance that makes since, this mode seems like a complete waste of time for me until I finally unlock a GL.

On normal mode? What disks do you have? What teams are you facing? My alt is in sector 3 and only has Vader, Padme & JKR squads available.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    it's bad enough we have to redo things, but adding "keep exiting GC and going back in until you can, maybe, see the feats on the boss nodes" is a whole 'nother level of busywork
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I don't necessarily like this mode, but it's a way to get stuff. That's the way I look at it. Stuff I wouldn't normally get, plus actually something to do in this game for once, that takes more than 15 min. Lol.
  • And by wouldn"t normally get, I mean more than I would get if this didn't exist.
  • TargetEadu
    1504 posts Member
    Question: what do people usually spend their Conquest Currency on?

I’ve mainly been getting Signal Data (don’t have BAM so no use for Crest shards as much) but I’m wondering what the general consensus is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »

I’ve mainly been getting Signal Data (don’t have BAM so no use for Crest shards as much) but I’m wondering what the general consensus is.

Stun guns and RC shards.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Pretty much exclusively stun guns. Maybe a g12 piece here and there to push along my SLKR farm because I’m nearing the end