[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

• KAM is a whole new level of unfair though. There is a difference between “hard but achievable” and “only for the top 1%”. What will inevitably happen is CG will require KAM. Bad Batch will be really good in mission, and there will probably be a bundle to get you to the required threshold. That forces you to either: 1) spend on BB or 2) spend on said KAM bundle. The fact they won’t clarify on whether or not he is required almost certainly means he will be. The reasoning for this is as follows: they did clarify you wouldn’t need GLs for GLs, and what reason do you have to not clarify if he is not required. Therefore CG puts the player in a spot where they almost certainly have to do an obscene amount of whaling to get KAM and therefore JMK.

I do not like it, do not agree with the ethics, but more than likely this will happen
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    KAM is a whole new level of unfair though. There is a difference between “hard but achievable” and “only for the top 1%”. What will inevitably happen is CG will require KAM. Bad Batch will be really good in mission, and there will probably be a bundle to get you to the required threshold. That forces you to either: 1) spend on BB or 2) spend on said KAM bundle. The fact they won’t clarify on whether or not he is required almost certainly means he will be. The reasoning for this is as follows: they did clarify you wouldn’t need GLs for GLs, and what reason do you have to not clarify if he is not required. Therefore CG puts the player in a spot where they almost certainly have to do an obscene amount of whaling to get KAM and therefore JMK.

I do not like it, do not agree with the ethics, but more than likely this will happen

No one ever said KAM would be a req, lets assume he's not. CG is not likely to add KAM for the reqs, he is too dificult
  • KAM is a whole new level of unfair though. There is a difference between “hard but achievable” and “only for the top 1%”. What will inevitably happen is CG will require KAM. Bad Batch will be really good in mission, and there will probably be a bundle to get you to the required threshold. That forces you to either: 1) spend on BB or 2) spend on said KAM bundle. The fact they won’t clarify on whether or not he is required almost certainly means he will be. The reasoning for this is as follows: they did clarify you wouldn’t need GLs for GLs, and what reason do you have to not clarify if he is not required. Therefore CG puts the player in a spot where they almost certainly have to do an obscene amount of whaling to get KAM and therefore JMK.

No one ever said KAM would be a req, lets assume he's not. CG is not likely to add KAM for the reqs, he is too dificult

That’s my point, he is too difficult, so IF they do….
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Smowy wrote: »
    R8 GK...
    well apparently master kenobi is so good that only the really top tier players and whales can have him

I think a lot of players and guilds are able to clear Rancor raid or Conquest Hard

Its not locked to top tier players

The rancor has been made even harder with the changes with more relics needed. Conquest (hard) is limited to 4M GP so for anyone under that it’s literally impossible to get GL Kenobi

its the latest toon, its not meant for 4M GP players, who can't attempt conquest hard

You can always buy the r8 packs, though

It’s £100 for a single R8 which most people can’t afford on a mobile game. There has never been a character locked behind a gate like this. None of the 4 previous GL’s have had a GP lock of over 4M that makes them inaccessible to the majority of players.

The key point is that GL’s are an aspirational goal for players that and having to play the game for something like 3-4 years before even getting the opportunity to unlock perhaps the most popular character in Star Wars makes no sense. Saying that’s what it’s “it’s not meant” for players completely undercuts the entire approach that GL’s have for the majority of players by making it completely exclusive

Sadly, we need to assume the worst always

swgoh.gg has uploaded the GL's "gear needed" requirements for JMK alredy, so that's what i'll be farming on these months, hoarding, but until June 09 arrives and I see no KAM requirement, I will not apply a single piece of gear on the characters
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    JobiWan66 wrote: »
    I’m betting Wat for Master Kenobi. KAM for vader/scoundrel-mando maul.
    And bad batch clones will destroy reek mission..

You are aware that you wont be able to put more than 3 bad batch for the reek mission?

You can use 4 as only ARC is a fix requirement. The other slots can be filled with clone troopers and Shaak Ti.

It’s Shaak that remove the temple stack tho ... would it be possible without that??
  • Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

You are aware that you wont be able to put more than 3 bad batch for the reek mission?

You can use 4 as only ARC is a fix requirement. The other slots can be filled with clone troopers and Shaak Ti.

It’s Shaak that remove the temple stack tho ... would it be possible without that??

It's not Shaak, is the character on the leader slot
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited April 2021
    R8 GK...
    well apparently master kenobi is so good that only the really top tier players and whales can have him

I think a lot of players and guilds are able to clear Rancor raid or Conquest Hard

The rancor has been made even harder with the changes with more relics needed. Conquest (hard) is limited to 4M GP so for anyone under that it’s literally impossible to get GL Kenobi

its the latest toon, its not meant for 4M GP players, who can't attempt conquest hard

It’s £100 for a single R8 which most people can’t afford on a mobile game. There has never been a character locked behind a gate like this. None of the 4 previous GL’s have had a GP lock of over 4M that makes them inaccessible to the majority of players.

The key point is that GL’s are an aspirational goal for players that and having to play the game for something like 3-4 years before even getting the opportunity to unlock perhaps the most popular character in Star Wars makes no sense. Saying that’s what it’s “it’s not meant” for players completely undercuts the entire approach that GL’s have for the majority of players by making it completely exclusive

There is no GP lock on Kenobi though

You just need to get into a better guild, that rewards you aeromagnifiers

Or wait until they are more readily available outside conquest and raid, but there are ways to get the r8 pieces (such as paying for them) so saying its GP lock is incorrect

That’s my point, he is too difficult, so IF they do….

They would not though (I think)
    R8 GK...

Or wait until they are more readily available outside conquest and raid, but there are ways to get the r8 pieces (such as paying for them) so saying its GP lock is incorrect

There is certainly a lock if they require KAM
  • Molelizaisajoke
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    This will probably be moved to the art section but I wanted to point out the face of the new ahsoka looks like the older version we saw in the Mandalorian compared to the one we see in season 7

Season 7 Ahsoka:
    star-wars-ahsoka-tano.png
    New Ahsoka:
    Screenshot_20210428-175330_Chrome.jpg

Ahsoka Fulcrum in game:
    Screenshot_20210428-175401_Heroes.jpg

Mando Ahsoka
    Rosario2520Dawson2520Ahsoka2520Tano2520lightsabers.jpg
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

It's not Shaak, is the character on the leader slot

Oh nice! .... bad baaaaatch!!! Hehe
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    I think it's ok, even tho she looks more like the Mando version

I just found really funny that her acronym will be "CAT" lol
    At least, that's how I will call her
    R8 GK...

A lot of guilds that can beat crancor have reqs for 6M GP or higher
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    R8 GK...

Not a GP lock. But really not a lock at all.
  • I am all for Kenobi being a GL. He's a great character and very worthy. However, any relic 8 requirements is ridiculous with how hard it is to even get the relic 8 scrap pieces. Not cool CG, not cool.
  • tdubs wrote: »
    I am all for Kenobi being a GL. He's a great character and very worthy. However, any relic 8 requirements is ridiculous with how hard it is to even get the relic 8 scrap pieces. Not cool CG, not cool.

Cross fingers they don't alter the deal any further and add KAM to the mix...
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    R8 GK...

Not a GP lock. But really not a lock at all.

Definitely a roster/mod lock
  • Please don’t make kam or wat required for the next gl’s. It will destroy some family based guilds like my own. I’m a serious player, I spend on the game but I can’t leave my wife and my sons casual guild. I know a lot of people are in the same boat I am.
  • They never said KAM was required, dont make complaints yet... yet....
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    KAM I can see people having an issue with, but Wat has been out for quite a long time and his mission is nowhere near the difficulty of the KAM mission. Wat is entirely reachable and should be open to be a requirement IMO.
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    It makes no sense for them to add KAM. It blocks whales from spending so CG wont make any money from the event.
  • They never said KAM was required but we know they're either considering it or they already know if he is (or not). I don't have any problem with them requiring marquees etc, but KAM is a different story
  • I hope they make them, or at least KAM, a requirement and I don't have him 7*. Exclusivity is what's been missing from the meta for too long.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    this was funnier before I read "s casual guild" lol.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    They never said KAM was required but we know they're either considering it or they already know if he is (or not).

Really covered all the bases there didn't you?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The requirements: General Kenobi relic 8. Just... why??? This game has a power to make things difficult! Why not relic 7? I’m too sad for what this game has turned into... It’s impossible to play a game that forces you to pay real money to be a major player. I’m not interested in this Galactic Legends at all; they ruined the game. But now, when, I got a little excited about the Jedi Master Obi-Wan, look at the requirements! I’m almost done with this game.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    HenriqueAA wrote: »
    The requirements: General Kenobi relic 8. Just... why??? This game has a power to make things difficult! Why not relic 7? I’m too sad for what this game has turned into... It’s impossible to play a game that forces you to pay real money to be a major player. I’m not interested in this Galactic Legends at all; they ruined the game. But now, when, I got a little excited about the Jedi Master Obi-Wan, look at the requirements! I’m almost done with this game.

Yeah, I hear you.
  • I’m not complaining, I’m in a guild with my wife, father-in-law, and my two sons who are 11 and 13. Other people in my guild are in the same position. I’m comfortable with spending money to get gl’s, I don’t want want to be faced down with the choice of leaving my family to get them.
  • Vantage67 wrote: »
    R8 GK...

The best crate in conquest mode gives you 10 aeromagnifiers. So you have enough to r8 a guy every 2 months free of charge.