[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

• Gifafi wrote: »
    this was funnier before I read "s casual guild" lol.

Ok?
  • Smowy
    38 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    the fact is that yeah I get eventually you can have R8 chars
    but none of the other GL characters require them
    so why try for kenobi unless you have the others
  • I don’t think CG is considering what is “fair” when setting the GL requirements.
    But I do think they are monitoring potential monetizing when setting the bar. If enough people have KAM they can very well add him as a requirement. If too few have KAM they’ll probably see it as bad business because not enough people would spend to relic the other characters that will be needed.
  • TVF wrote: »
    They never said KAM was required but we know they're either considering it or they already know if he is (or not).

Really covered all the bases there didn't you?

Now THAT was funny
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Even if they don't require KAM, he is going to be a GR Jedi, so KAM might end up being needed for arena
  • I’ll just add - I don’t think KAM will be a requirement. Shuts too many new whales out and there’s not a whaleable GL (like SEE was when JKL/JML needed HY and ROLO).

However, you’d better believe KAM’s going to be in the final GL Kenobi team. There’s no shying away from Kenobi being a Galactic Republic Jedi.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    I’ll just add - I don’t think KAM will be a requirement. Shuts too many new whales out and there’s not a whaleable GL (like SEE was when JKL/JML needed HY and ROLO).

However, you’d better believe KAM’s going to be in the final GL Kenobi team. There’s no shying away from Kenobi being a Galactic Republic Jedi.

Yeah, I believe it will have synergies with Galactic Republic Jedi, and therefore, KAM is going to be super useful there, but not a requirement, I'm fine with that
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Don’t know if kam will be needed, but if GL Kenobi is a Galactic republic Jedi Support, a full galactic republic Jedi team with Kam is something I want to see.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Shaddess wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    this was funnier before I read "s casual guild" lol.

Ok?

I don't understand, what are you asking? Did you not gt the joke?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Vantage67 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    Smowy wrote: »
    R8 GK...
    well apparently master kenobi is so good that only the really top tier players and whales can have him

I think a lot of players and guilds are able to clear Rancor raid or Conquest Hard

Its not locked to top tier players

The rancor has been made even harder with the changes with more relics needed. Conquest (hard) is limited to 4M GP so for anyone under that it’s literally impossible to get GL Kenobi

its the latest toon, its not meant for 4M GP players, who can't attempt conquest hard

You can always buy the r8 packs, though

It’s £100 for a single R8 which most people can’t afford on a mobile game. There has never been a character locked behind a gate like this. None of the 4 previous GL’s have had a GP lock of over 4M that makes them inaccessible to the majority of players.

The key point is that GL’s are an aspirational goal for players that and having to play the game for something like 3-4 years before even getting the opportunity to unlock perhaps the most popular character in Star Wars makes no sense. Saying that’s what it’s “it’s not meant” for players completely undercuts the entire approach that GL’s have for the majority of players by making it completely exclusive

Totally agree with you. It’s a complete absurd what this game is doing...
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    R8 GK...
    well apparently master kenobi is so good that only the really top tier players and whales can have him

I think a lot of players and guilds are able to clear Rancor raid or Conquest Hard

The rancor has been made even harder with the changes with more relics needed. Conquest (hard) is limited to 4M GP so for anyone under that it’s literally impossible to get GL Kenobi

its the latest toon, its not meant for 4M GP players, who can't attempt conquest hard

It’s £100 for a single R8 which most people can’t afford on a mobile game. There has never been a character locked behind a gate like this. None of the 4 previous GL’s have had a GP lock of over 4M that makes them inaccessible to the majority of players.

The key point is that GL’s are an aspirational goal for players that and having to play the game for something like 3-4 years before even getting the opportunity to unlock perhaps the most popular character in Star Wars makes no sense. Saying that’s what it’s “it’s not meant” for players completely undercuts the entire approach that GL’s have for the majority of players by making it completely exclusive

There is no GP lock on Kenobi though

You just need to get into a better guild, that rewards you aeromagnifiers

Or wait until they are more readily available outside conquest and raid, but there are ways to get the r8 pieces (such as paying for them) so saying its GP lock is incorrect

There is certainly a lock if they require KAM

Not a GP lock. But really not a lock at all.

Definitely a roster/mod lock

Except it's literally not. Hard for a lot of ppl, sure. But not locked at all.
  • Bizkibo
    25 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    With the drop of the news about GL Kenobi, thoughts on who else will be required and at what gear level now that clearly G8 is in the table?

Discuss.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Bizkibo wrote: »
    With the drop of the news about GL Kenobi, thoughts on who else will be required and at what gear level now that clearly G8 is in the table?

Discuss.

we have been. It's called a mega thread. Feel free to post there.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    R8 GK...

Or wait until they are more readily available outside conquest and raid, but there are ways to get the r8 pieces (such as paying for them) so saying its GP lock is incorrect

Yeah you can’t get in a guild getting significant KAM shards unless you have about 6 mil GP, don’t believe me? Check the guild recruitment section. I don’t think KAM will be required, but I also an not naive enough to put it past CG
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    R8 GK...

Yeah you can’t get in a guild getting significant KAM shards unless you have about 6 mil GP, don’t believe me? Check the guild recruitment section. I don’t think KAM will be required, but I also an not naive enough to put it past CG

There have many things that require a decent guild to achieve at the time. This is not new, and is not a lock. Not good enough to be in a good guild, then you're probably also not ready for the 5th GL either. Good thing there are 4 others that are easier to get.
  • I dont think KAM is needed, if KAM is needed we probably need Negotiator at 7* because it's way easier to obtain.
  • I wouldn’t be too surprised if there are guilds that will let people join with the expectation of just getting as many people X amount of R8 mats and/or KAM. Might need to pull some weight with the event, but Bad Batch will likely help with that.
  • My thoughts on possible requirements for Kenobi.
    General Skywalker/Anakin - One, if not both, of these seem almost a given. Skyguy seems more likely, as that puts him closer to JML's reqs, and already includes several of the other chars that seem somewhat likely.
    Grievous: I'm going to actually be amazed if he's not. The announcement even started with a scene that he shares.
    Asajj: That whole thing between them in the Clone Wars.
    Maul: The only way I don't see this being at all likely is if the other GL we end up getting is GL Maul, or if they really just don't want to repeat GL reqs. Granted, this is also the main reason I see SkyGuy being more likely than normal Anakin, and don't see Old Ben as a lock, so not sharing GL reqs does make him significantly less likely.
    Qui-gon: See: Grievous
    GMY: The only reason I see not to include him is the fact he's likely one of the more common high relic chars due to his performance on JKR teams.
    Cody: See: Grievous
    Old Ben: The only reason I say this, is because existing versions of characters have been a very apparent requirement for every GL to date, so despite not "exactly" making any sense, I could see it.

Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Eeth Koth, Luminara (and possibly Shaak Ti) for the same general reasons Mace and Aayla are in there.

Padme/R2/3PO - Of these 3, Padme seems the most likely.

Grouping "leads"
    GK, Gen Skywalker, Grievous or Old Ben.

Commander Ahsoka: 5*/6*, or even R8. "our 4th Conquest" "you will be able to unlock Commander Ahsoka at 7* after 3 Hard Conquests" - Unlikely if she unlocks at 7*, but if this is a 5* unlock at 1-2 conquests, she's on the table.

Count Dooku: Probably the least likely character here, but including him just because there's an ever so slight chance.

I don't see a good chance for any of the 501st clones, and considering there's a pretty decent list of characters here, that can break the 16 character mark with only "likely" characters without including anyone used for another GL, I honestly don't see any "good" reason to include KAM, particularly considering the backlash and absurdly decreased spending that would cause, Unless we're getting KAM wildly more accessible than he currently is.

Additional completely random characters they could include for very obscure reasons: Tuskens (raider, faction), Farmboy Luke, Vader, Various Separatists, such as Droideka or Nute, Jango, Sidious, Malevolence, Ezra, Normal Ahsoka, Savage, ....zam wessell?, Leia, Cad Bane (ok actually he might have a somewhat decent chance) and Wat.

I'll just say this regarding KAM: Including him just isn't a good business decision. I know for a fact there's people that spend on GLs that aren't in the top 1-5% of the playerbase. According to .gg, there's currently half as many 4* or higher KAMs as there are the least common GL, which is SEE. While yes, .gg isn't 100% accurate, that's a HUGE blow to the amount of people you're targeting with your new character. That just doesn't seem like a good BUSINESS decision, regardless of how it affects players.
  • It's a mega thread about the entire road ahead, I agree that a lot of people are talking about kenobi requirements though.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    R8 GK...

There have many things that require a decent guild to achieve at the time. This is not new, and is not a lock. Not good enough to be in a good guild, then you're probably also not ready for the 5th GL either. Good thing there are 4 others that are easier to get.

I’m sorry but you are just wrong when it comes to KAM
  • I have no problem with relicing bad characters and stuff, but when a character is gated behind being in a extremely elite guild, that's where I have a problem. I'm a 3 year player at 2 mil gp with r7 GAS and a fleshed out GR faction, and the sequels and the GLs from them don't interest me and I frankly don't want to farm those characters from objectively bad movies. All the previous GLs were completely accessible to most everyone and changing that really discourages me and I'm sure many others. Unless R8 and Negotiator become more accessible to the general player base, this needs to be changed. I can't find a guild good enough to meet the reqs with the gp I have as a F2P player.
  • You can't buy get2 currency.
  • 2 mil GP with 3 years? I've returned to the game, I turn 3 years on October 2021 and I've 4.6 million and SLKR, I know you pointed out you don't want to farm the characters from sequels, but point being; what has your focus being on? Yes, I'm F2P too

Anyways, my guild could take you, be advised however, is spanish people, I could translate the important stuff to you the best I can

No KAM shards or R8 mats however, but we do 16* on DS Geo and do 1 Hoth, 1 Geo LS alterning
    DM if you're interested
  • There's still the negotiator though
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    R7 qgj, gmy, Asoka, Aniken, Maul or tyranus, grievou?
    R6 jedi knight guardian kit fisto maybe tyranus
    R5 bo katan other random Jedi and new characters, separatists- droidica,
    R3/4 others you don’t like

My guesses
  • It's more like 2.5 years, but I've been farming GR characters and relicing them up to prepare for a GR GL, but now they're gated I'm inclined to give up.

My GG account is https://swgoh.gg/p/984746298/
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    As I said in the mega thread, I just don't see KAM happening simply from a business perspective. Though CG can always prove me wrong on that, the simple fact the .gg stats show around half as many KAMs as the LEAST common GL is all the stats you really need to come to the conclusion that including him as a req just isn't worth it.

Wat?
    You can pretty easily leave your guild for a week every dark side TB and get him to 7* within 7-8 months.
    Someone with GLs can find a 40-50 shard guild that's open to guild hopping for TB pretty easily.
    I've half considered doing this personally just because the people in my guild refuse to work on their geo teams for whatever reason. You don't have to "actually leave" your guild, just temp leave, for Wat. KAM and C.Rancor are probably a lot less likely to be something you can feasibly guild hop for unless your roster is very, very good, but Wat shouldn't be an issue. Though I also don't seem him being very likely...
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    I dont think KAM is needed, if KAM is needed we probably need Negotiator at 7* because it's way easier to obtain.

I agree....I dont think there is one person that has KAM at 7* that doesnt have NEGO at 7*, so them making NEGO a 6* requirement says to me that KAM will not be needed. If they do make him needed, I am sure it will be at 5*.
  • gflegui
    294 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    R8 GK.
    R7 QGJ, Maul, GAS, Old Ben.
    R6 Cody, Padme.
    R5 Bo Katan + 1 Marquee.
    R4 PloKun
    R3 Mace Windu, Ayla Secura, Kit Fisto, Clone Sgt.
    Negotiatior