[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

• Nauros wrote: »
    Defending KAM as a requirement has to be a new low on the forum...

Agreed, fully true
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

To be clear, I said it's not a lock. However difficult you want to cry about it being is irrelevant.

And to be clear, people are talking in hypotheticals and are also skeptical with CG refusing to confirm or deny when they confirmed GL’s would not be needed for other GL’s when JML and SEE were introduced. So that went against their “requirement cadence”

So IF they make KAM a req for JMK, my hype will be all but gone and I won’t even consider spending on him like I am now. I have no issues dropping for a couple vaults to get him to finish Bo Karan and other marquees I’m sure he will need. However IF they make KAM a req without any change to his availability, I’ll pocket my cash.
  • Please don’t make kam or wat required for the next gl’s. It will destroy some family based guilds like my own. I’m a serious player, I spend on the game but I can’t leave my wife and my sons casual guild. I know a lot of people are in the same boat I am.

Wat and KAM farming are in 2 different ballparks of length of time in the game. You should have Wat unlocked and 7* before you even have KAM shards. KAM comes from Phase 3 of a very difficult mission in LS Geo TB. Wat is far more reasonable.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

To be clear, I said it's not a lock. However difficult you want to cry about it being is irrelevant.

And to be clear, people are talking in hypotheticals and are also skeptical with CG refusing to confirm or deny when they confirmed GL’s would not be needed for other GL’s when JML and SEE were introduced. So that went against their “requirement cadence”

So IF they make KAM a req for JMK, my hype will be all but gone and I won’t even consider spending on him like I am now. I have no issues dropping for a couple vaults to get him to finish Bo Karan and other marquees I’m sure he will need. However IF they make KAM a req without any change to his availability, I’ll pocket my cash.

I'm sure they'll manage either way.

And you're right, we may be arguing about nothing.
  • That's not the point though. I don't have access to R8. Unless I can gain 2mil gp or join a good enough guild that I can stay in, it's unavailable

There are 4 other GLs that you could go for. As CG has said in the past, their aim is to have all GLs be on par with each other. So going for any of the other 4 instead of Master Kenobi isn't putting you at any disadvantage. At the end of the day these are meant to be end-game, high requirement characters. With the introduction of conquest, it isn't that hard to save up rewards for a few months to relic 8 a character or two, you don't NEED to be in a guild completing the challenge rancor. As for the GET2 (Negotiator) aspect, it really isn't hard to find a guild doing the DS Geo TB for you to farm GET2.
  • Classic complaint post. There should be no complaints. We are getting what everyone wanted. You will just have to realize that you won’t have it when it comes out. The majority of players don’t have a GL and they have been in the game for a year. Sorry, but this is a stupid complaint.
  • So if I understand correctly, you have 2M GP and you would like to have access to what people at 5-6M GP have?
    There’s a double drop event for toons required for Rey/SLKR, maybe you should start with that, you know, like we all did when we were at 2M GP.
  • Why should there be no complaints? No one asked for R8 to be required. I agree the majority of players don't have GLs, but it is a good end goal to shoot for and its annoying when it's paywalled. GML is hard to get but I could get him if I wanted to. With the current place in the game it'd take me 1-2 years to get only the first set of reqs
  • Sorry dude. Work on a different GL if you can’t handle it. There are actually 4 others you can do and not complain about.
  • I'm 4.8mil GP, SEE is my only GL and I don't have access to aeromagnifiers yet (nearly got hard 6 crate last conquest). I'm not going to complain about the requirements because if I can't unlock JMK then I'll just work towards another GL.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kenobi looks awesome, but I'll wait until all the requirements and kit are announced before I decide.
  • Why should there be no complaints? No one asked for R8 to be required. I agree the majority of players don't have GLs, but it is a good end goal to shoot for and its annoying when it's paywalled. GML is hard to get but I could get him if I wanted to. With the current place in the game it'd take me 1-2 years to get only the first set of reqs

Everything in this game is paywalled when it first comes out. (Obviously not everything, but you know what I mean.) You are correct, it is a good end goal to shoot for. Meaning, it will take you another 2 Mil GP to get him probably. And guess what, there is probably a high chance KAM is going to be required. So build your roster get into a good guild. Get a GL you can get to help with CPIT and work on qualifying for Hard mode in Conquest. When you do that, you should be able to get GL Kenobi. It may take you 1-2 years, but you will get him. And probably for free. If you don’t want to wait that long buy the $50 R8 packs when they come back and you are good.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Why should there be no complaints? No one asked for R8 to be required. I agree the majority of players don't have GLs, but it is a good end goal to shoot for and its annoying when it's paywalled. GML is hard to get but I could get him if I wanted to. With the current place in the game it'd take me 1-2 years to get only the first set of reqs

Everything in this game is paywalled when it first comes out. (Obviously not everything, but you know what I mean.) You are correct, it is a good end goal to shoot for. Meaning, it will take you another 2 Mil GP to get him probably. And guess what, there is probably a high chance KAM is going to be required. So build your roster get into a good guild. Get a GL you can get to help with CPIT and work on qualifying for Hard mode in Conquest. When you do that, you should be able to get GL Kenobi. It may take you 1-2 years, but you will get him. And probably for free. If you don’t want to wait that long buy the $50 R8 packs when they come back and you are good.

I agree with your overall sentiment, but not that anything is paywalled. Everything that has ever been released has been obtainable for FTP. I understand it's not easy to hoard hundreds of premo gear and 100k crystals, and not everyone is fortunate to be in a top guild. But it can be done, and ppl do it. If anything money just makes it easier/faster.
  • I just don't see KAM as a requirement. They would lose too much money, since there is no real way to whale on him. Galactic legends are panic farms that bring in a lot of money. I know that jml was/is the same, due to Hoda/Wampa, but they released see at the same time, so people could still whale for 1 of them. With only 1 being released, i just don't see it.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    I just don't see KAM as a requirement. They would lose too much money, since there is no real way to whale on him. Galactic legends are panic farms that bring in a lot of money. I know that jml was/is the same, due to Hoda/Wampa, but they released see at the same time, so people could still whale for 1 of them. With only 1 being released, i just don't see it.

how on earth are GLs panic farms?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Lol at the whole OP but especially the part about the sequels being "objectively bad movies."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    So if I understand correctly, you have 2M GP and you would like to have access to what people at 5-6M GP have?
    There’s a double drop event for toons required for Rey/SLKR, maybe you should start with that, you know, like we all did when we were at 2M GP.

I don't know about you but the GAC matchmaking system has put me up against many people with GLs at 2 mil gp. I said it was an end goal to work toward, but now I can't for a long while unless they lessen the guild crunch
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Also curious if OP has any of the other 4 GLs? They don't require those things, so I assume he has them? If not then it sounds like he's just complaining to complain.
    Why should there be no complaints? No one asked for R8 to be required. I agree the majority of players don't have GLs, but it is a good end goal to shoot for and its annoying when it's paywalled. GML is hard to get but I could get him if I wanted to. With the current place in the game it'd take me 1-2 years to get only the first set of reqs

I agree with your overall sentiment, but not that anything is paywalled. Everything that has ever been released has been obtainable for FTP. I understand it's not easy to hoard hundreds of premo gear and 100k crystals, and not everyone is fortunate to be in a top guild. But it can be done, and ppl do it. If anything money just makes it easier/faster.

I like your point.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    So if I understand correctly, you have 2M GP and you would like to have access to what people at 5-6M GP have?

I don't know about you but the GAC matchmaking system has put me up against many people with GLs at 2 mil gp. I said it was an end goal to work toward, but now I can't for a long while unless they lessen the guild crunch

My alt is 3m and has SLKR and has never once been paired with someone who has a GL.
    I just don't see KAM as a requirement. They would lose too much money, since there is no real way to whale on him. Galactic legends are panic farms that bring in a lot of money. I know that jml was/is the same, due to Hoda/Wampa, but they released see at the same time, so people could still whale for 1 of them. With only 1 being released, i just don't see it.

Not for everyone, but many people do to unlock them as soon as possible. There are some players with large crystal/gear hoards, but I don't believe that accounts for the majority that unlock them in the first month. Unlocking a newly released marquee(like bo-katan) takes money for most.

Cg is obviously wanting to keep them gravy train running. You could buy every galactic legend(except jml) right away if you wanted too.

Like I said, if they were releasing a pair and put KAM as a requirement for 1 of them, i could see it. But with only releasing 1, they are locking out a ton of new whales, IMO

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »

My alt is 3m and has SLKR and has never once been paired with someone who has a GL.

he may have one of those niche rosters
  • My prediction is that jmk will be a Jedi support, and his best team will need KAM.

But ive been wrong before. We'll find out on June.
  • The gp doesn't necessarily matter it's how it's spread out. I have a top heavy roster with lots of relics and such so I get paired against a fair amount of GLs, usually once every 4 matches.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    The gp doesn't necessarily matter it's how it's spread out. I have a top heavy roster with lots of relics and such so I get paired against a fair amount of GLs, usually once every 4 matches.

well it does matter in the fact that having 2 GLs at 2m GP is extremely unlikely. Maybe not impossible, but there can't be that many out there for you to be constantly matched against them
  • I think he's saying he gets paired with single gls.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Not for everyone, but many people do to unlock them as soon as possible. There are some players with large crystal/gear hoards, but I don't believe that accounts for the majority that unlock them in the first month. Unlocking a newly released marquee(like bo-katan) takes money for most.

Cg is obviously wanting to keep them gravy train running. You could buy every galactic legend(except jml) right away if you wanted too.

Like I said, if they were releasing a pair and put KAM as a requirement for 1 of them, i could see it. But with only releasing 1, they are locking out a ton of new whales, IMO

there are plenty of ppl already in position to spend for JMK regardless of who is required.

For the rest, there are already 4 GLs to work on. If they haven't spent to get those 4,why would CG suddenly expect them to spend on the 5th?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    My prediction is that jmk will be a Jedi support, and his best team will need KAM.

But ive been wrong before. We'll find out on June.

That's not a crazy prediction
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    You have 2m GP. This GL is not for you. /thread
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I think he's saying he gets paired with single gls.

I think I did read that wrong. Bet even 1 at 2m is rare enough that my point still stands
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    If you really have been playing this game F2P for almost 3 years, you should know that Rule No.1 for F2P Players is (and always will be):

"Never ever chase after the latest shiny toys right away."

This is not the way F2P works. You should enjoy the game the way designed for your play-style.

Play the game! Don't let the game play you!