[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

• Honestly think you need to find a better guild. Plenty of guilds would want an active player that is 2m GP that are doing at least DS geo to get you more get2
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Also curious if OP has any of the other 4 GLs? They don't require those things, so I assume he has them? If not then it sounds like he's just complaining to complain.

No I do not have any GLs, I was waiting for a GR GL to shoot for and I've been gearing that faction for a while now and it's just discouraging for it to be so exclusive. I guess I'll just have to grind for a couple years. Oh well
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Also curious if OP has any of the other 4 GLs? They don't require those things, so I assume he has them? If not then it sounds like he's just complaining to complain.

No I do not have any GLs, I was waiting for a GR GL to shoot for and I've been gearing that faction for a while now and it's just discouraging for it to be so exclusive. I guess I'll just have to grind for a couple years. Oh well

Well grinding for 3yrs in anticipation of a toon before it's released is pretty foolish, and now you see why.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I’m not complaining, I’m in a guild with my wife, father-in-law, and my two sons who are 11 and 13. Other people in my guild are in the same position. I’m comfortable with spending money to get gl’s, I don’t want want to be faced down with the choice of leaving my family to get them.

That's how it works though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I've just been gearing up that faction because I like them and I was only hoping a GR GL would line up with what I was gearing up and actually be something that I could readjust too and focus more on.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I’m not complaining, I’m in a guild with my wife, father-in-law, and my two sons who are 11 and 13. Other people in my guild are in the same position. I’m comfortable with spending money to get gl’s, I don’t want want to be faced down with the choice of leaving my family to get them.

Play the game right, your family leaves you.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I've just been gearing up that faction because I like them and I was only hoping a GR GL would line up with what I was gearing up and actually be something that I could readjust too and focus more on.

k. You're 2m gp, nowhere near a GL, but complaining that they didn't consider there was this one guy who really like GR so they should make it easy.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Clone Wars isn't my fav era but Conquest is awesome, and the Clone Wars content has been awesome so far :shrug: still hoping for more ship inclusion though.

As a note to all you whiners who also can't get KAM, the Bad Batch might make that a little easier once you guild gets them, as they can be used and will likely make the battle easier.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Play the game right, your family leaves you.

Now that is a real good joke...
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    GLs are for end game players
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

Untrue, my 3m alt is nowhere near end game.

But I don't expect to get this one. Nor should I.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    I've just been gearing up that faction because I like them and I was only hoping a GR GL would line up with what I was gearing up and actually be something that I could readjust too and focus more on.

k. You're 2m gp, nowhere near a GL, but complaining that they didn't consider there was this one guy who really like GR so they should make it easy.

To be fair though, there are players below 2m GP with a GL.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

sometimes I wonder if making the first 4 available to earlier game players was their biggest mistake. Now everyone feels entitled.
  • If I wanted a GL by now I could've had one but I chose not to because I don't like the current ones.
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    I just don't see KAM as a requirement. They would lose too much money, since there is no real way to whale on him. Galactic legends are panic farms that bring in a lot of money. I know that jml was/is the same, due to Hoda/Wampa, but they released see at the same time, so people could still whale for 1 of them. With only 1 being released, i just don't see it.

how on earth are GLs panic farms?

Not for everyone, but many people do to unlock them as soon as possible. There are some players with large crystal/gear hoards, but I don't believe that accounts for the majority that unlock them in the first month. Unlocking a newly released marquee(like bo-katan) takes money for most.

Cg is obviously wanting to keep them gravy train running. You could buy every galactic legend(except jml) right away if you wanted too.

Like I said, if they were releasing a pair and put KAM as a requirement for 1 of them, i could see it. But with only releasing 1, they are locking out a ton of new whales, IMO

there are plenty of ppl already in position to spend for JMK regardless of who is required.

For the rest, there are already 4 GLs to work on. If they haven't spent to get those 4,why would CG suddenly expect them to spend on the 5th?

Kam shrinks that pool drastically though, IMO. He's still very exclusive, IMO. Yes many of the top guilds have got him 7 starred, but you're still looking out tons of whales.

I think kenobi from RotS is more iconic than the other 4. It just seems incredibly short sighted for cg to lock him behind kam.

I just started on my first gl farm(slkr). But I will absolutely switch to jmk if he's not kam locked.

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    If I wanted a GL by now I could've had one but I chose not to because I don't like the current ones.

Maybe if you had one you don't like you could be in a better guild.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    If I wanted a GL by now I could've had one but I chose not to because I don't like the current ones.

we all make choices. That's what the game is about. But your choices have consequences and it's not anybody job to fix them for you.

sometimes I wonder if making the first 4 available to earlier game players was their biggest mistake. Now everyone feels entitled.

This is true.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I just don't see KAM as a requirement. They would lose too much money, since there is no real way to whale on him. Galactic legends are panic farms that bring in a lot of money. I know that jml was/is the same, due to Hoda/Wampa, but they released see at the same time, so people could still whale for 1 of them. With only 1 being released, i just don't see it.

Not for everyone, but many people do to unlock them as soon as possible. There are some players with large crystal/gear hoards, but I don't believe that accounts for the majority that unlock them in the first month. Unlocking a newly released marquee(like bo-katan) takes money for most.

Cg is obviously wanting to keep them gravy train running. You could buy every galactic legend(except jml) right away if you wanted too.

Like I said, if they were releasing a pair and put KAM as a requirement for 1 of them, i could see it. But with only releasing 1, they are locking out a ton of new whales, IMO

there are plenty of ppl already in position to spend for JMK regardless of who is required.

For the rest, there are already 4 GLs to work on. If they haven't spent to get those 4,why would CG suddenly expect them to spend on the 5th?

Kam shrinks that pool drastically though, IMO. He's still very exclusive, IMO. Yes many of the top guilds have got him 7 starred, but you're still looking out tons of whales.

I think kenobi from RotS is more iconic than the other 4. It just seems incredibly short sighted for cg to lock him behind kam.

I just started on my first gl farm(slkr). But I will absolutely switch to jmk if he's not kam locked.

without even seeing his kit first?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    CUP R3
    Jedi Consular R3
    JKG R3
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

without even seeing his kit first?

R8 Kit Fisto yay
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Nothing left to say, really.

If you really want GL Kenobi, R8 and Negotiator at only 6* may be the least of your concerns, and are by no means unachievable, no matter where you are in the game.

KAM on the other hand would put this guy much farther out of reach.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CUP R3
    Jedi Consular R3
    JKG R3

check, check, and check.

J/k. That would be brutal. And entirely possible.

we all make choices. That's what the game is about. But your choices have consequences and it's not anybody job to fix them for you.

I'm F2P so there aren't really consequences I'm just talking about how much steeper the reqs are becoming
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member

I'm F2P so there aren't really consequences I'm just talking about how much steeper the reqs are becoming

Always moving the goalposts
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Lol. I would say the consequences are far greater for FTP. Heck of a lot harder to recover from bad decisions if you aren't just opening your wallet.
  • If I wanted a GL by now I could've had one but I chose not to because I don't like the current ones.

Not to be a ****, but you have 14 relics in 3 years. And one r7. Every past gl takes at least 12 relics and multiple r7s.
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »

Not to be a ****, but you have 14 relics in 3 years. And one r7. Every past gl takes at least 12 relics and multiple r7s.

14>12
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

14>12

So you could almost have 1 *if* 12 of the 14 were the correct 12...