[MEGA] Upcoming Grand Arena Championship Division Changes

Replies

• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    However the “big brains” who have the final say are either willfully ignorant to what the player base is shouting right now, or just don’t care. I really love how I’m always ready to spend again, then the brain children making these decisions keep my wallet closed lol.

How do you know they don't care what the player base is shouting about right now? We still don't know if they chose to ignore crumb / doja's updates or not

The "big brains" won't make a public post if they decide to update ship squads, they'll just create a ticket internally and assign a developer to work on it, and inform Crumb / Doja to let the community know they are increasing squad placements in lower divisions, which all takes time and days or weeks to relay depending on when they want to announce it (before work is done on it or after a developer has done the changes)

Because this isn’t some massive gear economy or shard economy shift that effects profits. It’s not some kind of mechanical change like CPit that needs testing and altering to find a balance between the best interest of profits/the game and what players want.

It’s literally letting people who have been using 2 ship squads continue to do so. It’s adding a few pieces of gear for promotions for the new divisions. If they also cared, they’d also add some more currency in the end event and end of round rewards but I doubt it.

I also know they don’t care because the only one that’s communicated with us has been Crumb and Doja. Where are the Q&As? Quality of life ol updates promised? Updates on gear economy changes? I don’t think for a second CG cares if it doesn’t involve profits

Maybe, just maybe, there is internal discussion on whether they should reconfigure the announced divisions along player sentiment or if they should follow the player sentiment of adding more total divisions or if they should outline the announced plan (they might have some engagement data to justify this).

Even though I’m very much for a change to the announced team placements, I can see why they might not be ready to announce anything, even if they have already decided to follow player sentiment and ensure everyone places the same or more squads+ships.

Also, why would they increase gear rewards?
    I like gear as much as anyone, but I don’t understand why they should increase rewards for any existing divisions. Gear relief comes from new modes, tiers etc. not from bumping existing rewards.

More teams, more time, more effort. All should be rewarded.

You’re also missing my main point. Why is there even a discussion at all. Did the big brains at CG really think that players would be happy to set less teams and earn less promotion rewards after being demoted?

The literally just had to create two new divisions and name them as such and structure those while keeping everything else the same. That is literally it. Keep the new thresholds by all means. But the new idea of taking away teams to set and attack with was not even remotely a good idea. Why was it ever an option? It boils down to their ignorance, lack of foresight or both.

I imagine this derived out of like-bracketing groups of players by roster metrics. I doubt it was on a whim

Making more divisions isn’t the issue. Their lack of foresight when taking away teams for lower divisions is what’s the issue. And not updating year+ old reward structures
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    However the “big brains” who have the final say are either willfully ignorant to what the player base is shouting right now, or just don’t care. I really love how I’m always ready to spend again, then the brain children making these decisions keep my wallet closed lol.

How do you know they don't care what the player base is shouting about right now? We still don't know if they chose to ignore crumb / doja's updates or not

The "big brains" won't make a public post if they decide to update ship squads, they'll just create a ticket internally and assign a developer to work on it, and inform Crumb / Doja to let the community know they are increasing squad placements in lower divisions, which all takes time and days or weeks to relay depending on when they want to announce it (before work is done on it or after a developer has done the changes)

Because this isn’t some massive gear economy or shard economy shift that effects profits. It’s not some kind of mechanical change like CPit that needs testing and altering to find a balance between the best interest of profits/the game and what players want.

It’s literally letting people who have been using 2 ship squads continue to do so. It’s adding a few pieces of gear for promotions for the new divisions. If they also cared, they’d also add some more currency in the end event and end of round rewards but I doubt it.

I also know they don’t care because the only one that’s communicated with us has been Crumb and Doja. Where are the Q&As? Quality of life ol updates promised? Updates on gear economy changes? I don’t think for a second CG cares if it doesn’t involve profits

Maybe, just maybe, there is internal discussion on whether they should reconfigure the announced divisions along player sentiment or if they should follow the player sentiment of adding more total divisions or if they should outline the announced plan (they might have some engagement data to justify this).

Even though I’m very much for a change to the announced team placements, I can see why they might not be ready to announce anything, even if they have already decided to follow player sentiment and ensure everyone places the same or more squads+ships.

Also, why would they increase gear rewards?
    I like gear as much as anyone, but I don’t understand why they should increase rewards for any existing divisions. Gear relief comes from new modes, tiers etc. not from bumping existing rewards.

More teams, more time, more effort. All should be rewarded.

You’re also missing my main point. Why is there even a discussion at all. Did the big brains at CG really think that players would be happy to set less teams and earn less promotion rewards after being demoted?

The literally just had to create two new divisions and name them as such and structure those while keeping everything else the same. That is literally it. Keep the new thresholds by all means. But the new idea of taking away teams to set and attack with was not even remotely a good idea. Why was it ever an option? It boils down to their ignorance, lack of foresight or both.

I imagine this derived out of like-bracketing groups of players by roster metrics. I doubt it was on a whim

Making more divisions isn’t the issue. Their lack of foresight when taking away teams for lower divisions is what’s the issue. And not updating year+ old reward structures

what gets me is how simple this should have been. Like you'd almost have to go out of your way to mess it up.
  • With a huge Fleet GP this is going to screw me over, barely have enough teams to fill the current seven spots, let alone ten and have anything left for attack
    Guess my only hope is that the matchmaking will be fixed so that I'm matched with similar ground force GP opponents, doubt that though!
  • Mithmaron wrote: »
    With a huge Fleet GP this is going to screw me over, barely have enough teams to fill the current seven spots, let alone ten and have anything left for attack
    Guess my only hope is that the matchmaking will be fixed so that I'm matched with similar ground force GP opponents, doubt that though!
    Your ship GP is very similar to most players at your total GP level.

You are matched based on the GP of your top X toons, so you absolutely will be matched with people of similar “ground force” GP, and have been for some time.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    marxuke123 wrote: »
    Did they change the teams already for this GA? I have 5 mil GP and i dont see any change in team numbers. Also, when i go against 6.1 mil GP player, shouldnt they be in a division where u have to put more teams out? Its still confusing for me. All me new oponents in this GA are freaking 6.1 mil GP in division 1

@marxuke123 no, they didnt implement any changes yet, and are discussing changes to this plan.

Oh ok, then this makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.
    With a huge Fleet GP this is going to screw me over, barely have enough teams to fill the current seven spots, let alone ten and have anything left for attack

You are matched based on the GP of your top X toons, so you absolutely will be matched with people of similar “ground force” GP, and have been for some time.

Nope 😁
  • Can people who don't bother setting any defence be put in a separate **** league, they're one of my pet hates
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Mithmaron wrote: »
    Can people who don't bother setting any defence be put in a separate **** league, they're one of my pet hates

Everyone will sign up for some rewards, but many (in our guild at least) strongly dislike 3v3 so just let it auto. Could be they dislike the format (either way)
    Maybe to help fix the problem - let people choose 5v5 or 3v3, so people will actually play?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Wimma wrote: »
    Can people who don't bother setting any defence be put in a separate **** league, they're one of my pet hates

Everyone will sign up for some rewards, but many (in our guild at least) strongly dislike 3v3 so just let it auto. Could be they dislike the format (either way)
    Maybe to help fix the problem - let people choose 5v5 or 3v3, so people will actually play?

why not encourage/teach your guild to be better. Rewards for them help the guild as a whole. And if they get better, they may like it more.

Enabling them to abstain doesn't help anyone in your guild.

Nope 😁
    A quality rebuttal.

I’ve looked at your profile, your ship GP is perfectly typical for your total GP.

And what you’ve stated about matchmaking makes me doubt you understand how it works.
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Wimma wrote: »

why not encourage/teach your guild to be better. Rewards for them help the guild as a whole. And if they get better, they may like it more.

Enabling them to abstain doesn't help anyone in your guild.

We're only a casual guild, we don't mandate farming, and certainly not going to try and force people to play a game mode they dislike. This is just a game after all.
    And by entering they still get some rewards to help the guild.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    sndnichols wrote: »
    So my 3.84m account sets the same as my 6.49m. Well done...not

As the last 17 posts state, there has been no change yet. Well done reading....not.

Don't need to be an ****. Why do you assume what I meant instead of thinking critically? Why do you think the new will be done any better than what I framed as the basis for thinking about this and any other things they have implemented? My assumption is the way things get implemented just help their wallet, not us. It has been proven time and again based on their actions.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Is it bad that when I read this yesterday, i realized i forgot to set a defense??
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Is it bad that when I read this yesterday, i realized i forgot to set a defense??

Yes
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »

Do not worry...there is a high probability that your opponent’s game will crash and it will all work out.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

NBD
  • Wimma wrote: »

I love both modes but I'm always disappointed when my opponent doesn't attack and test my defense. I think this i saw great idea for people that have a strong preference although I'm sure there would be issues with doing it that way I haven't thought of in the 30 seconds I've been thinking about it.
  • The GAC divisions have needed a restructure for some time, no question but some of these divisional changes are a bit odd, to say the least

Ships are me least favourite part of the game, always have been. I just have never been very invested in them, just farmed/geared enough to get by

However when I moved into div 2 and required 4 fleets, it did make a difference. I started to lose the odd GAC match, due to me not having good enough fleets. This really motivated me to put some effort into them and I am getting close to now having 4 steady, workable fleets

I am at 4.6mil GP, so just entered div 1 for this latest GAC. I now have to wait until I gain another 2.2 mill GP before I get to use more than 1 fleet on D or O? How is this a good thing?

Please dont make parts of people's rosters that they have worked hard on, put time and resources into irrelevant

Feels like a step or 2 backwards, if CG are trying to get people to develop their rosters with no drawbacks for the player
  • Zerts
    9 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    The GAC divisions have needed a restructure for some time, no question but some of these divisional changes are a bit odd, to say the least

Ships are me least favourite part of the game, always have been. I just have never been very invested in them, just farmed/geared enough to get by

However when I moved into div 2 and required 4 fleets, it did make a difference. I started to lose the odd GAC match, due to me not having good enough fleets. This really motivated me to put some effort into them and I am getting close to now having 4 steady, workable fleets

I am at 4.6mil GP, so just entered div 1 for this latest GAC. I now have to wait until I gain another 2.2 mill GP before I get to use more than 1 fleet on D or O? How is this a good thing?

Please dont make parts of people's rosters that they have worked hard on, put time and resources into irrelevant

Feels like a step or 2 backwards, if CG are trying to get people to develop their rosters with no drawbacks for the player

The issue is when they implemented 2 fleets they did it very poorly. They didn't take into account the GP disparity between top end Div 1 and low end Div 1. 4m GP is too low to support 4 fleets and have decent squads. That hurts newer players who need a roster more than 4 fleets. They also screwed up by making Div 1 at 4.5m GP. This is their attempt at fixing it. It won't please everyone, but let the lower GP players build more.

They need to make 4 fleets for Div 1-4 in the new setup. Let the newer players focus their roster more and 1 fleet for Arena and helping their guild.
  • Ripperpa
    298 posts Member
    Please in the name of Luke Skywalker don't do just 1 fleet.
  • Zerts wrote: »
    The GAC divisions have needed a restructure for some time, no question but some of these divisional changes are a bit odd, to say the least

The issue is when they implemented 2 fleets they did it very poorly. They didn't take into account the GP disparity between top end Div 1 and low end Div 1. 4m GP is too low to support 4 fleets and have decent squads. That hurts newer players who need a roster more than 4 fleets. They also screwed up by making Div 1 at 4.5m GP. This is their attempt at fixing it. It won't please everyone, but let the lower GP players build more.

They need to make 4 fleets for Div 1-4 in the new setup. Let the newer players focus their roster more and 1 fleet for Arena and helping their guild.

Not true whatsoever.

I'm currently 4.8M and have 2 arena fleets and 2 extra gac fleets, I climb every season to kyber and also managed to get kyber combatant in my last season as division 2 without a GL (unlocked my first yesterday)
  • Zerts
    9 posts Member
    Sghiddo wrote: »
    Zerts wrote: »

Not true whatsoever.

I'm currently 4.8M and have 2 arena fleets and 2 extra gac fleets, I climb every season to kyber and also managed to get kyber combatant in my last season as division 2 without a GL (unlocked my first yesterday)

So you just proved my point. I have said in the past 5m is a solid place to be for 2 fleets. You are at 4.8. So thank you for proving exactly what I am saying. 3.8m is way to low to get 4 solid fleets. You have 1m GP above that. Take a step back and realize what you can build with 1m GP. A GL will only run you about 250k-300k GP. So you can easily stack more fleets with the other 700k. A normal team is only going to be about 150k GP at R7. Also most players that are still at 3.8m GP will not have 2 GET2 Fleets either. New players certainly will not for a very very long time.
  • Has there been any indication that they will reverse their decision to place fewer squads at lower GPs? I want to buy some crystals in the May 4th promo but I'm not spending a penny if they're ruining the best game mode.
    Level 59
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Zylvarstar wrote: »
    Has there been any indication that they will reverse their decision to place fewer squads at lower GPs? I want to buy some crystals in the May 4th promo but I'm not spending a penny if they're ruining the best game mode.

They are discussing the situation, but have not made any other statements yet.
  • Adv1ceLMAO
    16 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Capital Games has been giving us a lot of different fleets.
    As of now there are these fleets, that are solid fleets: FO, Republic, Resistance, Seps, Rebels, Empire, (after this conquest even BH fleet).

NOTE: This entire post is based on my opinion and on a graph CubsFanHan used in a video from 26th of April (if the graph is incorrect, than disregard this whole thing)
    ALSO NOTE: Love the squad amount increase

That will be 7 capable fleets, from which I (6.1M GP) Will have 6, which is great for GAC.... oh wait it isn't.... Because 2 fleets will be only in Divisions 1 & 2, meaning 6.65M GP and higher...

This seems very counterproductive, CG gives us more fleets so it isn't just negotiator, malevolence and occasionally Rebels.... and then they make GAC for players below 6.65M GP exactly what was problematic before, malevolence vs. negotiator only, resulting in almost everyone putting Seps on Defense and using Negotiator for offense, at least that's what will most likely happen.

There should be 2 fleets in GAC for more players, now I know ships aren't the most liked content, and not everyone has ships developed as I do.
    I also don't have access to the stats, however in my case, if the 1 fleet per player in the new GAC is true, I will have 4 fleets that I can effectively use just sitting there, doing nothing.

Then again, maybe the stats show, that not many people around 6M GP have 4 capable fleets, which I don't believe is the case, as most people at that GP level have negotiator, malevolence, rebels, and at least 1 fleet from GL Farm, that being either FO, Resistance or God Rebel fleet.

Closing thoughts, Please CG look more into the fleet stats, GAC will be ultra stale for people who got a lot of fleets when it will be just Nego vs. Malevolence again.

I would like to hear your thought on this matter, maybe no one will care about this, I just needed to get this of my chest :smiley:

May the force be with you, always!
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    6m GP is a lot to not have a single GL.
    Also, Rey can be beaten by Vader et al., SLKR has non-GL counters, Imperial Troopers smash SEE, and I've never had to bother looking for a non-GL counter to JML but I'm sure there are some out there.
    Post edited by UdalCuain on
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    you need a way to split GL players with Non GL players its not fair, no reg team can beat them. banning GL outright i think is another way, i have 6mil GP and no GL and i face them alot

I have 3m and SLKR.

Fix your roster.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • banning GL outright i think is another way, i have 6mil GP and no GL and i face them alot
    So why would I unlock a GL, let alone 4, if they are banned in GAC?

Other people have 3-4 GLs at 6m, you really have no excuse other than poor planning.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    you need a way to split GL players with Non GL players its not fair, no reg team can beat them. banning GL outright i think is another way, i have 6mil GP and no GL and i face them alot

Why not go after a GL?