[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

• CCyrilS wrote: »
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I just don't see KAM as a requirement. They would lose too much money, since there is no real way to whale on him. Galactic legends are panic farms that bring in a lot of money. I know that jml was/is the same, due to Hoda/Wampa, but they released see at the same time, so people could still whale for 1 of them. With only 1 being released, i just don't see it.

how on earth are GLs panic farms?

Not for everyone, but many people do to unlock them as soon as possible. There are some players with large crystal/gear hoards, but I don't believe that accounts for the majority that unlock them in the first month. Unlocking a newly released marquee(like bo-katan) takes money for most.

Cg is obviously wanting to keep them gravy train running. You could buy every galactic legend(except jml) right away if you wanted too.

Like I said, if they were releasing a pair and put KAM as a requirement for 1 of them, i could see it. But with only releasing 1, they are locking out a ton of new whales, IMO

there are plenty of ppl already in position to spend for JMK regardless of who is required.

For the rest, there are already 4 GLs to work on. If they haven't spent to get those 4,why would CG suddenly expect them to spend on the 5th?

Kam shrinks that pool drastically though, IMO. He's still very exclusive, IMO. Yes many of the top guilds have got him 7 starred, but you're still looking out tons of whales.

I think kenobi from RotS is more iconic than the other 4. It just seems incredibly short sighted for cg to lock him behind kam.

I just started on my first gl farm(slkr). But I will absolutely switch to jmk if he's not kam locked.

without even seeing his kit first?

Well, to know if he's not gated behind KAM, will have to wait till june, probably one or two weeks later there will be a kit

But yeah, even without kit, I'm going after him (if he's not KAM locked)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    but yeah, let's worry about the absolute newest hardest to get, not even released yet toon!
  • Right and I didn't start relicing the toons I have reliced now until the first pair came out
    I just don't see KAM as a requirement. They would lose too much money, since there is no real way to whale on him. Galactic legends are panic farms that bring in a lot of money. I know that jml was/is the same, due to Hoda/Wampa, but they released see at the same time, so people could still whale for 1 of them. With only 1 being released, i just don't see it.

Not for everyone, but many people do to unlock them as soon as possible. There are some players with large crystal/gear hoards, but I don't believe that accounts for the majority that unlock them in the first month. Unlocking a newly released marquee(like bo-katan) takes money for most.

Cg is obviously wanting to keep them gravy train running. You could buy every galactic legend(except jml) right away if you wanted too.

Like I said, if they were releasing a pair and put KAM as a requirement for 1 of them, i could see it. But with only releasing 1, they are locking out a ton of new whales, IMO

there are plenty of ppl already in position to spend for JMK regardless of who is required.

For the rest, there are already 4 GLs to work on. If they haven't spent to get those 4,why would CG suddenly expect them to spend on the 5th?

Kam shrinks that pool drastically though, IMO. He's still very exclusive, IMO. Yes many of the top guilds have got him 7 starred, but you're still looking out tons of whales.

I think kenobi from RotS is more iconic than the other 4. It just seems incredibly short sighted for cg to lock him behind kam.

I just started on my first gl farm(slkr). But I will absolutely switch to jmk if he's not kam locked.

Most likely. Slkr doesnt excite me, but I like him the best of the 4. General kenobi is much more relatable to me.
  • Like I said "end goal"
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Like I said "end goal"

but you made a thread "today"
    Like I said "end goal"

whats your point
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Like I said "end goal"

whats your point

You're complaining now about something you just admitted is a long term goal. The reqs don't matter because you are nowhere near getting him anyway.
  • TVF wrote: »

R8 Kit Fisto yay

Is that many worse than rose, krennic, phasma, etc?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Most likely. Slkr doesnt excite me, but I like him the best of the 4. General kenobi is much more relatable to me.

so with that amount of enthusiasm for a toon whose kit isn't event released, I'm supposed to believe they won't make money off him?

Maybe you in particular won't go for him, but how many thousands are probably on the cusp of reqs and going to dump millions to get him in the first couple weeks?

We have an unfortunate habit of assuming the average player is what drives this game.

so with that amount of enthusiasm for a toon whose kit isn't event released, I'm supposed to believe they won't make money off him?

Maybe you in particular won't go for him, but how many thousands are probably on the cusp of reqs and going to dump millions to get him in the first couple weeks?

We have an unfortunate habit of assuming the average player is what drives this game.

Can't believe you're still defending IF KAM gets required for JMK lol
    What can I say
  • You make a fair point. Now we can shake hands and call it a day.

On a completely unrelated note, if KAM is required, it's safe to say the game will die before I get him. :smile:
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    mariogsh wrote: »

What can I say

You don't like the idea, which I get. But what part of any of my statements has been false?

I've argued 2 main points. 1 it's not a lock, or paywall. And 2 it doesn't make much difference for those without KAM, as they are most likely far from all other reqs anyway. Not to mention there are 4 other GLs to choose from.

So where am I wrong?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    You make a fair point. Now we can shake hands and call it a day.

On a completely unrelated note, if KAM is required, it's safe to say the game will die before I get him. :smile:

yes, of course.

And don't be so sure...

What can I say

You don't like the idea, which I get. But what part of any of my statements has been false?

I've argued 2 main points. 1 it's not a lock, or paywall. And 2 it doesn't make much difference for those without KAM, as they are most likely far from all other reqs anyway. Not to mention there are 4 other GLs to choose from.

So where am I wrong?

I would guarantee there are more people willing to pay for the new kenobi that don't have KAM, than there are that do. That's my point. There are tons of people with 1 or more gls and no 7 star KAM.

It doesn't really make a difference to me if KAM is there or not. If he is, ill go kylo. I just think they're leaving a lost of money on the table if they include kam.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

What can I say

So where am I wrong?

I would guarantee there are more people willing to pay for the new kenobi that don't have KAM, than there are that do. That's my point. There are tons of people with 1 or more gls and no 7 star KAM.

It doesn't really make a difference to me if KAM is there or not. If he is, ill go kylo. I just think they're leaving a lost of money on the table if they include kam.

Well, guess we'll leave that to the billion dollar corporation with all the data to decide. Kinda doubt they care much about our uneducated thoughts on the subject.
  • g6nv0svkvvux.png
    I like this road ahead :)
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • Please don’t make kam or wat required for the next gl’s. It will destroy some family based guilds like my own. I’m a serious player, I spend on the game but I can’t leave my wife and my sons casual guild. I know a lot of people are in the same boat I am.

Wat and KAM farming are in 2 different ballparks of length of time in the game. You should have Wat unlocked and 7* before you even have KAM shards. KAM comes from Phase 3 of a very difficult mission in LS Geo TB. Wat is far more reasonable.

So this isn't normal?ampx807g51m6.png
  • NYIM
    57 posts Member

So where am I wrong?

So e.g. I just reached 6M GP, have 3 GLs(kylo,jml,see), in a 170M GP Guild, 0/330 KAM we just managed to reach that sector and we have about 3 member they could do the mission. So I’m years away of getting KAM, but hell I would spend a couple 100$ to fasten up my prerequisite farm for Kenobi, if KAM is required I’m not interested... for me KAM makes a huge difference!

• Antario
    996 posts Member
    For the remaining batches, Qui-Gon and Cody for sure. The rest are pure speculations.
  • Master Kenobi
    -General Kenobi
    -Negotiator
    -Mace Windu
    -Ayala Secura
    -Bo Katan

-Cody
    -Clone Sargent
    -Hunter
    -Tech
    -R2
    -Plo Koon

-Darth Maul
    -Jango Fett
    -Qui gonJin
    -General Grevious
    -Magna Guard

Vader
    -Anakin/Gas
    -Malevolence
    -KAM
    -Shaak Ti
    -Wrecker
    -Crosshair

-Tusken
    -Ururrururu
    -Tusken Shaman
    -C3PO
    -Padme

-New Ashoka
    -Count Dooku
    -Poggle the lesser
    -Wat
    -Nute Gunray
  • KorAgaz
    105 posts Member
    I don't really get the R8 requirements.

GLs are supposed to be the most powerful toons, albeit (more or less) in the same league.

Meaning that SLKR will be about as powerful as JMK. Ergo, I should be able to go for either, starting from the same point.

However, R8 (and IF he's a req, KAM) invalidates that. Realstically speaking, there're only two ways to get the mats: (a) Conquest (IF you meet the min GP threshold) and (b) cRancor (IF you meet cRancor guilds' min GP threshold + GL requirement adopted by virtually every such guild - and rightly so).

Pretty much you're telling me JMK (and, quite possibly, his counterpart) requires a GL :wink:

Having said that, I realize there's a precedent for GL requirements that are cruel for newer/lower GP players (such as JML, who needs very long farms such as Hoda, Wampa and ships for the Falcon).
  • Cull
    22 posts Member
    More super exclusive content? Next Relic 8 Kam required? ... You really know how to get your player base excited cg 🤣... Meh
  • hypo
    10 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Releasing them in pairs has been exciting but difficult for players - not only does it decrease the time in the spotlight for each unit, and it can be very difficult to unlock them together if you really enjoy both of the factions these units are focused on improving.

BULL **** you gave to the player a choice that we don t have anymore
    it was great to choose between 2 GL, now i have to wait months to farm my darkside GL .... very desappointed
    Post edited by hypo on
  • Antario wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I’m not complaining, I’m in a guild with my wife, father-in-law, and my two sons who are 11 and 13. Other people in my guild are in the same position. I’m comfortable with spending money to get gl’s, I don’t want want to be faced down with the choice of leaving my family to get them.

That's how it works though.

Play the game right, your family leaves you.

Now that is a real good joke...

Was it? ^^’
  • A friend and I love the prequels and are so exited for the galactic legend master kenobi. However we don’t have a guild that can beat challenge rancor raid. Is their anyone who can beat it willing to take 2 people one at 1.4m gp the other at 1.5?
  • A friend and I love the prequels and are so exited for the galactic legend master kenobi. However we don’t have a guild that can beat challenge rancor raid. Is their anyone who can beat it willing to take 2 people one at 1.4m gp the other at 1.5?
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    Kenobi, really? Not Vader, not Revan, not even Yoda? Just Kenobi? Well, at least it's better than GL Stormtrooper...
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Please don’t make kam or wat required for the next gl’s. It will destroy some family based guilds like my own. I’m a serious player, I spend on the game but I can’t leave my wife and my sons casual guild. I know a lot of people are in the same boat I am.

Wat and KAM farming are in 2 different ballparks of length of time in the game. You should have Wat unlocked and 7* before you even have KAM shards. KAM comes from Phase 3 of a very difficult mission in LS Geo TB. Wat is far more reasonable.

So this isn't normal?ampx807g51m6.png
    “Normal” is a subjective term.

For someone thinking about building towards the requirements for a 5th GL character, having Wat in that sort of shape is absolutely not normal.

KAM is a different matter, with only 13,000 ish players having unlocked him at all.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    You can get relic 8 without Rancor. Expensive gear to scavenge, but can be done. I’ve never done Rancor

nghu4umi1qn1.png