Thanks for 2x on GL req toons, but...

Crayons
565 posts Member
edited April 2021
You didn’t double drop those GL characters req ships needs. So despite speeding up the req toon unlock process, the ships will continue to be as slow as ever.

Helping people speed up GL farming must always include ships. It’s the single biggest barrier to anyone going for a GL.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Crayons
    565 posts Member
    And I assume the move to only double drop on GL req toons means you are trying to help people unlock GL’s, then you gotta take care of the ships!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    You can farm ships while you gear the characters. It's gonna take a while even after the characters are 7*.
  • Probably more of a comment about how ships always seem to be like the forgotten step-child.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    You can farm ships while you gear the characters. It's gonna take a while even after the characters are 7*.

Indeed but now the wait is longer. Most people have long 7* and geared the characters before the ships are even close to ready. This move just speeds that up and makes the distance between characters finish and ship finish longer. For example. I started my slkr character and ship farms at the same time

356bu0t2azf2.png

tnwlpm4xij9v.png

• Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Just annoying how ships are treated like they’re not needed really. They are!
  • Sorry - “most people have long 7* and geared the characters before ships are even close to ready” - is just so far away from the experience of me and everyone I know who plays the game.

The ships, for the overwhelming majority of players, is the easy bit of the GL requirements.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Yeah dude. Sure. Forums are full of “I’ve already finished the ships but KRU is taking so long”

Can’t move for seeing those posts.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    1) put all your focus into GL char farming
    2) neglect your ships
    3) miss out on fleet arena crystals
    4) ???
    5) profit
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    I started the character and ship req farms at the same time. Clearly said that in my post. A lot of those characters are on Cantina nodes or double hard nodes. So easy to farm.

I already had Phasma, Officer, Kylo and FOTP 7 star without actually focus farming them.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Crayons wrote: »
    I started the character and ship req farms at the same time. Clearly said that in my post. A lot of those characters are on Cantina nodes or double hard nodes. So easy to farm.

I already had Phasma, Officer, Kylo and FOTP 7 star without actually focus farming them.

Oh, I'm sure you must have a solid ship fleet for arena looking at that ungeared Bossk with his 4* HT and GG nowhere to be seen at the top of your char roster.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Plenty guides here say for SLKR you don’t need Bossk or Cad at high gear or star levels.
    I haven’t been playing that long and I wanted slkr. Nothing more or less.

I’m not looking to be a fleet master. I’m trying to unlock slkr, that’s all I am doing. That’s all I posted about. Never mentioned I want to be top in fleet shard. It is not, and has never been, what I wanted to do. I don’t mind missing Crystal. I just buy them.

My post was about farming slkr. Not beasting every aspect of the game and being top.
  • Just buy the ship shards too - problem solved
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    They don’t come up as often as you think, and some don’t come up at all. The reason why some are much further ahead than others. KRCS for example never shows up Crystal purchase. Anyway, Was just a point about the disparity between ships and characters when it comes to a GL farm.

Think we can leave it there, cheers guys.