[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    KAM. As was said in the megathread, they previously said that other GLs won't be required even before all requirements for the second batch were out. So them refusing to say either way on KAM is just "yes, but we don't want you to get angry yet".

Why, is KAM a GL?

Otherwise there is no connection at all.

Because he is harder to earn than a Gl and can only be unlocked through an RNG mission that is really only perfected by the top guilds. Not to mention you can’t whale on KAM…
  • CT_Waxer_7777
    175 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    It’s also worth adding that EP 3 JMK is my favorite character, and if he is gated behind a character I can’t whale on or get, I’m quitting. Because why play this game for 5 years for one character who is impossible for me to get.
    KAM technically isn’t a GL, but we all know he is much harder to unlock than one.
  • Surely bad batch will make the special mission easier and KAM will be required for the opposite GL.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Also curious if OP has any of the other 4 GLs? They don't require those things, so I assume he has them? If not then it sounds like he's just complaining to complain.

No I do not have any GLs, I was waiting for a GR GL to shoot for and I've been gearing that faction for a while now and it's just discouraging for it to be so exclusive. I guess I'll just have to grind for a couple years. Oh well

If you’ve been anticipating this for years, you should have at least thought that KAM would be required, (which I’m speculating on) and got in a better guild or realized that you would need a bigger roster.
  • I'm 4.8mil GP, SEE is my only GL and I don't have access to aeromagnifiers yet (nearly got hard 6 crate last conquest). I'm not going to complain about the requirements because if I can't unlock JMK then I'll just work towards another GL.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kenobi looks awesome, but I'll wait until all the requirements and kit are announced before I decide.

4.9m GP here and I don't have nd GL's yet. But I'm going or JML first. Because that was my plan this year. I get the feeling that by the time they announce ALL the requirements for JMK I'll be 50% of the way towards the prerequisites JML. Unless some of the prerequisites or JMK turn out to be characters I already have relic'd. We shall see.
  • Rogenhamen wrote: »
    g6nv0svkvvux.png
    I like this road ahead :)

Ahhh Drake from State Farm.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    KAM. As was said in the megathread, they previously said that other GLs won't be required even before all requirements for the second batch were out. So them refusing to say either way on KAM is just "yes, but we don't want you to get angry yet".

Why, is KAM a GL?

Because he is harder to earn than a Gl and can only be unlocked through an RNG mission that is really only perfected by the top guilds. Not to mention you can’t whale on KAM…

Which are all great reasons, that were brought up, and they said they will not set the precedent of breaking the cadence to confirm or deny KAM.

GLs were new and are done in a way like no other, none of that is true for KAM.

And as you said you cant fo anything to change your farm for KAM, so this choice also doesnt change anything for anyone. If he is a requirement, you either have him or you don't, and that's is that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    JobiWan66 wrote: »
    Surely bad batch will make the special mission easier and KAM will be required for the opposite GL.

Agreed, I'm excited to hopefully have that mission seem a little easier.

(That's is also not a good reason he should be a requirement.)

Why, is KAM a GL?

Which are all great reasons, that were brought up, and they said they will not set the precedent of breaking the cadence to confirm or deny KAM.

And as you said you cant fo anything to change your farm for KAM, so this choice also doesnt change anything for anyone. If he is a requirement, you either have him or you don't, and that's is that.

So then how is it fair for semi-whales with good rosters who cannot get kenobi because of KAM?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    If I wanted a GL by now I could've had one but I chose not to because I don't like the current ones.

we all make choices. That's what the game is about. But your choices have consequences and it's not anybody job to fix them for you.

I'm F2P so there aren't really consequences I'm just talking about how much steeper the reqs are becoming

They always become steeper. If they didn’t we would still be only required level 75 toons like the EP event.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Why, is KAM a GL?

So then how is it fair for semi-whales with good rosters who cannot get kenobi because of KAM?

I didnt say its fair, but it's not really one way or the other.

I dont feel like he should be a requirement and if i had to bet, i would place money KAM is not a requirement. We will have to see how they plays out.

Why, is KAM a GL?

I dont feel like he should be a requirement and if i had to bet, i would place money KAM is not a requirement. We will have to see how they plays out.

Ok thanks for the clarification, in that case we won’t find out for sure until 6/9 then?

• So then how is it fair profitable for semi-whales with good rosters who cannot get kenobi because of KAM?

Fixed that for you. Honestly, if we remember that CG is at the end of the day, a for-profit company, there is an intersection between their interests and player's interests here: They can not monetize, and we can not obtain something if it is locked solely behind a time-gate. Ergo it is likely that they will either provide purchasable packs or another means of obtaining KAM shards, or not have him as a requirement. Making him a hard wall for people who want to spend hurts those whales who want to open their pocketbooks as well as CG's bottom line.
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    The cadence of announcements for SEE and JML last year was first requirements on August 25 and the final were known by September 23. So, I would expect GL Kenobi to also be fully known within a month
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    nottenst wrote: »
    The cadence of announcements for SEE and JML last year was first requirements on August 25 and the final were known by September 23. So, I would expect GL Kenobi to also be fully known within a month

Or on the 9th of June which is the date they’ve already said his final requirements will be released, who knows
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

So then how is it fair profitable for semi-whales with good rosters who cannot get kenobi because of KAM?

Fixed that for you. Honestly, if we remember that CG is at the end of the day, a for-profit company, there is an intersection between their interests and player's interests here: They can not monetize, and we can not obtain something if it is locked solely behind a time-gate. Ergo it is likely that they will either provide purchasable packs or another means of obtaining KAM shards, or not have him as a requirement. Making him a hard wall for people who want to spend hurts those whales who want to open their pocketbooks as well as CG's bottom line.

But the other side of that is, if he was announced now, players and guilds would push to get the clones to a level to get more shards, and/or bad batch.

Him being a requirement has an edge there too, even without packs, it's the same as any required toon that comes from an event.

Why, is KAM a GL?

Ok thanks for the clarification, in that case we won’t find out for sure until 6/9 then?

Correct, we will not find out if he is not required until after the last batch is released.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

Why, is KAM a GL?

Is it really a RNG mission if it has been perfected by top guilds to the point it doesn't rely on RNG?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Saada wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Hoard better.

Didn't say I don't have any to use in the scav did I..... Was just pointing out its easier to get aero's than impulse's

It's not easier if you hoard G12 gear better. Way more accessible.
    Hoard better.

Didn't say I don't have any to use in the scav did I..... Was just pointing out its easier to get aero's than impulse's

It's not easier if you hoard G12 gear better. Way more accessible.

Ummm no. If you never upgrade a toon then every gear is easy.

As long as your in a guild that can complete the new rancor and get decently placed you will receive 5+ aeros without farming every week and how many r8s have you upgraded?? I'd say not many, if any so that just piles up. While the impulse parts are needed to go from g12 to g13 and depending on which toons you can go through your stash fast.

But there's no convincing you and I don't really care.....

That's fine. I know some people don't care about facts here.

I just checked and I have enough g12 gear to do over 20 impulse detectors, vs the 8 aeros I could do. And the person that started the thread you posted in can't get a single aero mat, but they can certainly farm g12 gear.

You may not like that it's possible to hoard way more impulse detectors than you have, but it doesn't make it untrue.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    *untrue
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra wrote: »

Why, is KAM a GL?

Is it really a RNG mission if it has been perfected by top guilds to the point it doesn't rely on RNG?

The entire point here is only the top guilds have access to KAM. That doesn’t help the other 99% of the player base.
  • First of all, that was the best Road Ahead post I can remember in a long while!

CAT!!!! 99% of this thread is about JMK, which I get. But I'm probably more excited about CAT than anything else. Oddly enough, if there was one toon that could get this f2p tryhard to open up the wallet, it would have been a new, OP version of Ahsoka. And they put her somewhere I can't pay $ to get her XD I'm still super excited about her though.

KAM being a possible requirement for JMK does have me bummed. I have beaten the KAM mission around 12-15 times myself, but I spent too much time tethered to a guild that wasn't taking the mission seriously. If my new guild keeps up their pace from the last LSTB, I will get him 7* in September. I would much rather get JMK sooner than that, but if KAM is required, I'll just dump my hoarded stash and get SEE instead. C'est la vie ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Finally, really excited to hear that they are looking into tuning the balance in Conquest
  • Just Rework Mace already.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    xavnado wrote: »
    Just Rework Mace already.

ggwz517timaz.gif

Couldnt decided which one to post, so doubled up.
    3gwnil03il7m.gif
  • This is just a question to the devs to get some piece of mind and also potentially save backlash from the community. Can we please get confirmation that the new GL will not be blocked behind Kam? A lot of newer or smaller guild players start to prepare for the new GL Kenobi they don't want to waste all the resources and the find out in June that Kam is a requirement that may take them years to unlock.

I would happily start to prepare for GL Kenobi but don't want to be stuck for a year while my guild try and unlock Kam. We currently get 6-10 shards every tb and I don't want to have to leave my guild to have a chance of unlock. I want to be excited about this GL and the direction of the game but it is hard to be excited without confirmation of Kam not being needed.

(Don't break up guilds please)

Kind regards
    A Noob Player
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    If he is a requirement, you either have him or you don't, and that's is that.
    Releasing them in pairs has been exciting but difficult for players - not only does it decrease the time in the spotlight for each unit, and it can be very difficult to unlock them together if you really enjoy both of the factions these units are focused on improving.
    it would be so much fun to make him a requirement, like rofling over whole point of making 1 GL in road ahead
  • The next list of requirements will be released on May 19th. So as Jedi Master Kenobi would say.. Patience. The questions has been asked to death in the road ahead thread.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    He will be. Don't do this to yourself. Understand that KAM will be a requirement.

If he's not a requirement, then be surprised. I'll be STUNNED.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    What if KAM isnt needed but he is part of the meta with JMK? ;)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    What if KAM isnt needed but he is part of the meta with JMK? ;)

That's perfectly fine; you can find a replace for his slot, but not for his requirement
  • I said the same with JKL for Master Luke. No way to whale for it. Only certain people will have it. Etc. etc. etc.

CG taught me well. KAM will be required.