[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

• kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Unlikely you will get a response.
    You’re best bet to find out “early” is that they as bounce the second group of requirements and KAM is included.
    Otherwise it becomes a few more weeks of Schrodinger’s KAM.
  • The question is are these the last GLs because this covers all 3 eras
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    KAM. As was said in the megathread, they previously said that other GLs won't be required even before all requirements for the second batch were out. So them refusing to say either way on KAM is just "yes, but we don't want you to get angry yet".

Why, is KAM a GL?

Otherwise there is no connection at all.

No, there is a connection. When asked if GL’s would be required, they answered that question, thereby going against their “release cadence of requirements”. They confirmed if a specific character would be needed or not. So that’s the connection :)

Aside from KAM; as far as the other GR jedi go, I’m not gonna lie, if they don’t rework them at all they’re really missing out on garnering more hype and getting more people to spend on JMK. Could you imagine the hype train and the amount of people willing to spend if they release JMK with a rework of iconic GR jedi like QGJ, Mace, Aayla, Luminara, Kit Fisto, etc? Not even massive reworks aside from Mace and QGJ, but touch ups to finally make them useable on LSGeoTB. They’d lock me in as a whale for JMK, and I’m almost done hoarding for Rey. I’d go after both if they did something like that which means $$$ for them.
  • I'd like to know if KAM shards will be added to Conquest or the GET shop (but I doubt they'd answer that question either). It would be surprising if he's not required for one of the new GLs.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    What if the Bad Batch make getting KAM shards easy?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • According to the stats on swgoh.gg roughly 4% of the player base have KAM. And 0.4% of the players got a 7 star KAM. Of course not everyone has a swgoh.gg account but i think the sample size is big enough to give a fair indication at least.
    If you compare that to the other hard to get characters needed for previous GLs that caused players to be a bit grumpy, both Hermit Yoda and Wampa are owned by 50% of the player base.

Anyone is free to make their own assumptions from those numbers.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    KAM. As was said in the megathread, they previously said that other GLs won't be required even before all requirements for the second batch were out. So them refusing to say either way on KAM is just "yes, but we don't want you to get angry yet".

Why, is KAM a GL?

No, there is a connection. When asked if GL’s would be required, they answered that question, thereby going against their “release cadence of requirements”. They confirmed if a specific character would be needed or not. So that’s the connection :)

Aside from KAM; as far as the other GR jedi go, I’m not gonna lie, if they don’t rework them at all they’re really missing out on garnering more hype and getting more people to spend on JMK. Could you imagine the hype train and the amount of people willing to spend if they release JMK with a rework of iconic GR jedi like QGJ, Mace, Aayla, Luminara, Kit Fisto, etc? Not even massive reworks aside from Mace and QGJ, but touch ups to finally make them useable on LSGeoTB. They’d lock me in as a whale for JMK, and I’m almost done hoarding for Rey. I’d go after both if they did something like that which means $$$ for them.

But they didnt, they confirmed a particular type of character would not be required, not a specific toon.

I agree, I'm surprised they dont use these opportunities to do even a small faction pass. At the same time though they do "design the META" to some extent and that would be a lot of "new factors" to consider when balancing a new GL.
    xavnado wrote: »
    Just Rework Mace already.

ggwz517timaz.gif

Couldnt decided which one to post, so doubled up.
    3gwnil03il7m.gif

How about just a Zeta for the poor guy?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Why, is KAM a GL?

But they didnt, they confirmed a particular type of character would not be required, not a specific toon.

I agree, I'm surprised they dont use these opportunities to do even a small faction pass. At the same time though they do "design the META" to some extent and that would be a lot of "new factors" to consider when balancing a new GL.

Ok, if you want to go this way, will Geo TB special mission characters be required? After all, there is a precedent for confirming/denying a particular type of characters...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2021

Why, is KAM a GL?

Ok, if you want to go this way, will Geo TB special mission characters be required? After all, there is a precedent for confirming/denying a particular type of characters...

There is currently no Guideline about TB special mission toons being required or not for GL releases.

Also, that is not a specified type in the game.
  • Group 2

General Grievous R7
    Magnaguard R3
    Maul R5
    Cody R3
    Sergeant Clone Fase I Arc 170 7*

Group 3
    GAS R8
    GMY R5
    Padme R5
    Comm. Ahsoka R5
    CUP R3

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Why, is KAM a GL?

Actually, they stated two specific characters will not be required for the second round of GL's.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/235204/galactic-legends-unlock-and-requirements
    Both of these units will follow a similar roll out as previous Galactic Legends but with a shorter roll out and will not require previous Galactic Legends, such as Rey or Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, to unlock.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »

Why, is KAM a GL?

Actually, they stated two specific characters will not be required for the second round of GL's.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/235204/galactic-legends-unlock-and-requirements
    Both of these units will follow a similar roll out as previous Galactic Legends but with a shorter roll out and will not require previous Galactic Legends, such as Rey or Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, to unlock.

Are you reading the same thing as me?

Because that seems to be directly saying will not require previous GLs, and then it offers an example "such as Rey or SLKR"
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Saada wrote: »
    Hoard better.

Didn't say I don't have any to use in the scav did I..... Was just pointing out its easier to get aero's than impulse's

It's not easier if you hoard G12 gear better. Way more accessible.
    Hoard better.

Didn't say I don't have any to use in the scav did I..... Was just pointing out its easier to get aero's than impulse's

Ummm no. If you never upgrade a toon then every gear is easy.

As long as your in a guild that can complete the new rancor and get decently placed you will receive 5+ aeros without farming every week and how many r8s have you upgraded?? I'd say not many, if any so that just piles up. While the impulse parts are needed to go from g12 to g13 and depending on which toons you can go through your stash fast.

But there's no convincing you and I don't really care.....

That's fine. I know some people don't care about facts here.

I just checked and I have enough g12 gear to do over 20 impulse detectors, vs the 8 aeros I could do. And the person that started the thread you posted in can't get a single aero mat, but they can certainly farm g12 gear.

You may not like that it's possible to hoard way more impulse detectors than you have, but it doesn't make it untrue.

Facts? Lol. YOUR example is an example of facts? Lol

Well if you are going on anecdotal evidence then in my case I have enough aero for 6 r8s and only enough impulse for 2. Fact???

You should be the last person to mention facts when all you do is blurt nonsensical sarcasm in this forum.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Why, is KAM a GL?

They mentioned a tag (Galactic Legends) and examples of the characters that fit the tag ("such as")
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Hoard better.

Hoard better.

As long as your in a guild that can complete the new rancor and get decently placed you will receive 5+ aeros without farming every week and how many r8s have you upgraded?? I'd say not many, if any so that just piles up. While the impulse parts are needed to go from g12 to g13 and depending on which toons you can go through your stash fast.

I just checked and I have enough g12 gear to do over 20 impulse detectors, vs the 8 aeros I could do. And the person that started the thread you posted in can't get a single aero mat, but they can certainly farm g12 gear.

You may not like that it's possible to hoard way more impulse detectors than you have, but it doesn't make it untrue.

Well if you are going on anecdotal evidence then in my case I have enough aero for 6 r8s and only enough impulse for 2. Fact???

You should be the last person to mention facts when all you do is blurt nonsensical sarcasm in this forum.

You probably didn't do a lot of 9-F farming, if any at all.
    There are people that have been spending all their energy to farm that node like crazy for exactly that purpose - get impulse detectors and balance out the aero vs impulse ratio.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Why, is KAM a GL?

Because that seems to be directly saying will not require previous GLs, and then it offers an example "such as Rey or SLKR"

They said "these GL's" referring specifically to JML and SEE would not require "previous GL's" referring specifically to Rey and SLKR.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Why, is KAM a GL?

They mentioned a tag (Galactic Legends) and examples of the characters that fit the tag ("such as")

See above. They said the current GL's would not require the previous GL's. They listed the "examples" because there were only two. They did not say anything about future GL's requiring or not requiring any of the 4 we now have.

The post was very specifically about only the 3rd and 4th GL's not requiring specifically Rey and SLKR.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Why, is KAM a GL?

They said "these GL's" referring specifically to JML and SEE would not require "previous GL's" referring specifically to Rey and SLKR.

I'm not sure anyone would consider the verbiage "such as", to mean specifically to anything.... that statements seems to be very specifically saying "will not require previous Galactic Legend", and offering an example "such as Rey or Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, to unlock."

They did say these GLs, when referencing JML and SEE. So you are right maybe future GLs will require other GLs.....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

Why, is KAM a GL?

See above. They said the current GL's would not require the previous GL's. They listed the "examples" because there were only two. They did not say anything about future GL's requiring or not requiring any of the 4 we now have.

The post was very specifically about only the 3rd and 4th GL's not requiring specifically Rey and SLKR.

That is just wrong, in no way did they specifically state only those 2, but that is moote now.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Hoard better.

Hoard better.

You clearly do not understand what "anecdotal" means.

A person under 4m GP in a non-Crancor guild, such as the person that started the thread you posted in, can farm G12 pieces. They can't farm aeros.

Argue with that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Hoard better.

Hoard better.

You probably didn't do a lot of 9-F farming, if any at all.
    There are people that have been spending all their energy to farm that node like crazy for exactly that purpose - get impulse detectors and balance out the aero vs impulse ratio.

Exactly.
  • DEVs, I love this game. It is my escape from difficult times irl. I work hard to help my guild, I spend a tad too much once a month (my splurge day). I am in a fantastic guild with amazing players. We even have the creator of the incredible C3PO bot who is amazing. But we have some who are more casual...we are a virtual family. The rumor going around is that KAM will be required for gl Kenobi. That would be a punch in the gut for many awesome players. We are probably 5 to 8 lsgtbs away.
    Please Devs, could you verify if they are going to make the impossible requirement for many to have a 7 star KAM or not?
    Again, I love the game. I hope the rumor is not going to be reality. It would crush so many good people.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

Those who can't obtain aeros isn't what I was referring to.

To bad you posted in a thread where that was the topic then.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Hoard better.

Hoard better.

You clearly do not understand what "anecdotal" means.

A person under 4m GP in a non-Crancor guild, such as the person that started the thread you posted in, can farm G12 pieces. They can't farm aeros.

Argue with that.

I was referring to you using YOUR own example as facts. Argue with that??? But as usual only choose certain parts to justify yourself.

Also in the first place I was never talking about people who can't farm aeros. I was referring to people who can complete crancor and/or hard conquest where you can easily acquire more aeros then the impulse parts.

If you never upgrade Any toons then you will always have plenty of gear. If I only upgraded 50 g13 instead of 89 then you know what I'll have more impulse pieces then aeros do nothing to do with farming "legend 91". But you will accumulate aeros every week without farming as will not lose those pieces when upgrading toons for you know... the next GL.

And going back to the start I was only joking about trading gear since I'm not struggling with r8 material in general but just got caught up in your usual useless comment......
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    If I only upgraded 50 g13 instead of 89 then you know what I'll have more impulse pieces then aeros

Exactly
  • ... you’re not going to miss JMK because you can’t get enough Impulse Detectors.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    ... you’re not going to miss JMK because you can’t get enough Impulse Detectors.

I mean, you might, but that's entirely within your own control.

But yeah, you have the right idea here.
  • Saada wrote: »
    Hoard better.

Hoard better.

I don’t ever really take TVF’s side, but when it comes to discussing hoarding, that’s what F2P do. I have enough G12 gear materials to take all but 3 of the reqs for Rey to relic level and about 6k crystals (and that’s not a lot).

If you truly don’t have any way of getting R8 materials currently, you should be focusing on SLKR as your main GL because of how he can solO HSTR with a team of Hux (L), Thrawn, Hyoda and FOO. That’ll unlock better chances and faster farming for G12+ gear

Why, is KAM a GL?

But they still went out of their way to say “no these characters will not be required”. Whether it was a GL tag or the specific characters they said it wouldn’t be required. They could’ve said “we can neither confirm nor deny” just like they told you on that matter.

Having said that, if they aren’t making KAM a req, I think they should say it sooner than later because the prospect of KAM being a requirement is killing a lot of people’s hype over JMK. It’s bad enough they won’t bother updating the GR Jedi, especially mace, since this is the prime time to do it. But to make JMK so exclusive you can’t get him because of KAM is just....dumb lol. That’s intentionally costing themselves money