Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    KAM. As was said in the megathread, they previously said that other GLs won't be required even before all requirements for the second batch were out. So them refusing to say either way on KAM is just "yes, but we don't want you to get angry yet".

Why, is KAM a GL?

Otherwise there is no connection at all.

No, there is a connection. When asked if GL’s would be required, they answered that question, thereby going against their “release cadence of requirements”. They confirmed if a specific character would be needed or not. So that’s the connection :)

Aside from KAM; as far as the other GR jedi go, I’m not gonna lie, if they don’t rework them at all they’re really missing out on garnering more hype and getting more people to spend on JMK. Could you imagine the hype train and the amount of people willing to spend if they release JMK with a rework of iconic GR jedi like QGJ, Mace, Aayla, Luminara, Kit Fisto, etc? Not even massive reworks aside from Mace and QGJ, but touch ups to finally make them useable on LSGeoTB. They’d lock me in as a whale for JMK, and I’m almost done hoarding for Rey. I’d go after both if they did something like that which means $$$ for them.

But they didnt, they confirmed a particular type of character would not be required, not a specific toon.

I agree, I'm surprised they dont use these opportunities to do even a small faction pass. At the same time though they do "design the META" to some extent and that would be a lot of "new factors" to consider when balancing a new GL.

But they still went out of their way to say “no these characters will not be required”. Whether it was a GL tag or the specific characters they said it wouldn’t be required. They could’ve said “we can neither confirm nor deny” just like they told you on that matter.

Having said that, if they aren’t making KAM a req, I think they should say it sooner than later because the prospect of KAM being a requirement is killing a lot of people’s hype over JMK. It’s bad enough they won’t bother updating the GR Jedi, especially mace, since this is the prime time to do it. But to make JMK so exclusive you can’t get him because of KAM is just....dumb lol. That’s intentionally costing themselves money

There is a difference between saying a type of character vs a specific character, or a non specific game type character.

They will either say it or we will see when the last list of reqs comes out. People killing thier own hype over something that isnt based on any facts is not something they can prevent.
  • JobiWan66 wrote: »
    Surely bad batch will make the special mission easier and KAM will be required for the opposite GL.

Getting BB to 7* R5 are not easy.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    KAM. As was said in the megathread, they previously said that other GLs won't be required even before all requirements for the second batch were out. So them refusing to say either way on KAM is just "yes, but we don't want you to get angry yet".

Why, is KAM a GL?

No, there is a connection. When asked if GL’s would be required, they answered that question, thereby going against their “release cadence of requirements”. They confirmed if a specific character would be needed or not. So that’s the connection :)

Aside from KAM; as far as the other GR jedi go, I’m not gonna lie, if they don’t rework them at all they’re really missing out on garnering more hype and getting more people to spend on JMK. Could you imagine the hype train and the amount of people willing to spend if they release JMK with a rework of iconic GR jedi like QGJ, Mace, Aayla, Luminara, Kit Fisto, etc? Not even massive reworks aside from Mace and QGJ, but touch ups to finally make them useable on LSGeoTB. They’d lock me in as a whale for JMK, and I’m almost done hoarding for Rey. I’d go after both if they did something like that which means $$$ for them.

But they didnt, they confirmed a particular type of character would not be required, not a specific toon.

I agree, I'm surprised they dont use these opportunities to do even a small faction pass. At the same time though they do "design the META" to some extent and that would be a lot of "new factors" to consider when balancing a new GL.

But they still went out of their way to say “no these characters will not be required”. Whether it was a GL tag or the specific characters they said it wouldn’t be required. They could’ve said “we can neither confirm nor deny” just like they told you on that matter.

Having said that, if they aren’t making KAM a req, I think they should say it sooner than later because the prospect of KAM being a requirement is killing a lot of people’s hype over JMK. It’s bad enough they won’t bother updating the GR Jedi, especially mace, since this is the prime time to do it. But to make JMK so exclusive you can’t get him because of KAM is just....dumb lol. That’s intentionally costing themselves money

Why, is KAM a GL?

Yes, it is killing the hype because KAM is so far out of reach. Personally, Ep 3 Kenobi is my favorite, I will spend whatever I need to to get him, but the idea KAM could be a requirement has killed my hype for 2 reasons: 1) he is so far out of reach it is absurd. And 2) because I don’t know whether to use my hoard on Kenobi Reqs, because if I do and KAM is required I will have essentially wasted my hoard. @CG I know you have your policies, but please clarify
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Why, is KAM a GL?

Why, is KAM a GL?

Yes, it is killing the hype because KAM is so far out of reach. Personally, Ep 3 Kenobi is my favorite, I will spend whatever I need to to get him, but the idea KAM could be a requirement has killed my hype for 2 reasons: 1) he is so far out of reach it is absurd. And 2) because I don’t know whether to use my hoard on Kenobi Reqs, because if I do and KAM is required I will have essentially wasted my hoard. @CG I know you have your policies, but please clarify

You know you don't have to use your hoard today right?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »

Why, is KAM a GL?

There is a difference between saying a type of character vs a specific character, or a non specific game type character.

They will either say it or we will see when the last list of reqs comes out. People killing thier own hype over something that isnt based on any facts is not something they can prevent.

They can make it so KAM is not a requirement and come out and say so...that way people can not stress about missing out on JMK because KAM is locked behind an insanely difficult, guild and RNG dependent monthly mission. That’s something they can do.

They can also prevent the loss of hype by finally touching up/reworking mace and other GR jedi that people have been begging for now for a couple years. Just spit balling here though ;)
  • TVF wrote: »

Why, is KAM a GL?

Why, is KAM a GL?

Yeah definitely save your resources until his kit is out too as well as the rest of the reqs. I’d just keep hoarding for now. That’s what I’m doing. Now IF they don’t make KAM a req, I honestly am considering dropping a couple hundred on vaults to get JMK, while keeping my hoard to decide between the next GL they’ll release or use it on Rey. Oh man if it Maul....oooooo boy! But I’m sure it’ll be Fallen Anakin, or Sith Lord Anakin/Vader. Maybe we will get lucky and a new maul will be the next character in conquest after CAT
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member

Why, is KAM a GL?

Why, is KAM a GL?

Still beating that horse? They won't change the way GL requirements are announced. Give up.

If you have the gear for the requirements announced so far, then save it until after the the third requirement announcement in June. If KAM is a requirement, and you can't get him, you'll still have your gear.
  • Hello there,

As many players are excited for Jedi Master Kenobi and look forward to get him, some are worried that KAM might be a requirement and will keep JMK out of reach for a long time.
    So knowing that KAM won't be required would comfort a lot of people if that is the case, since they won't have to hold on until the last requirements are given. Having a small answer about this would be much appreciated.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited April 2021
    KAM being required is no different than Wat Tambor, IPD, or ROLO being required

I understand the player concern since the average player isn't in a guild that can get a lot of KAM shards or invested in their clones to the level they can get a shard themselves, but its fair game if they chose to require him
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

I understand the player concern since the average player isn't in a guild that can get a lot of KAM shards or invested in their clones to the level they can get a shard themselves, but its fair game if they chose to require him

Except ROLO was buyable with GET2 before the JKL event started.

The transparency would be real nice especially since there is only one time a month where one could attempt to farm the character.
  • The fact that they have been silent should tell you all you need to know. Invest in JMK before knowing the full reqs at your own risk.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »

Why, is KAM a GL?

Why, is KAM a GL?

Still beating that horse? They won't change the way GL requirements are announced. Give up.

If you have the gear for the requirements announced so far, then save it until after the the third requirement announcement in June. If KAM is a requirement, and you can't get him, you'll still have your gear.

He’s talking about KAM being a req, not how the reqs are released
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Why, is KAM a GL?

They can make it so KAM is not a requirement and come out and say so...that way people can not stress about missing out on JMK because KAM is locked behind an insanely difficult, guild and RNG dependent monthly mission. That’s something they can do.

They can also prevent the loss of hype by finally touching up/reworking mace and other GR jedi that people have been begging for now for a couple years. Just spit balling here though ;)

And in the end, the stress will just be moved to another point, that's the issue when it's not based on facts...
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Why, is KAM a GL?

Why, is KAM a GL?

Yeah definitely save your resources until his kit is out too as well as the rest of the reqs.

You've agreed with me twice in one day now!

@Kyno it has to be paycheck time at long last. Look how I have brought the forums together.
  • I’ve already made the decision that I’m not spending any money on this GL based upon Kynos response about this yesterday (that CG won’t confirm or deny KAM being required).

Why spend on gearing/relicing up toons when the most difficult one in the game could prevent you from getting it anyway.

I’m in a 300 million GP guild and we have KAM unlocked but not 7*. I’m also a whale in this game and I’ve spent too much over the years as I’ve enjoyed playing and could do it.

So why rush and prep before all the requirements are out. And by the time they are I’m already behind on getting started if he doesn’t require KAM. So why rush then?

So the easy solution is to not buy the hype as CG is always looking to pull a quick buck over player enjoyment. I urge you all to do the same until we all know what it is he requires.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Why, is KAM a GL?

Why, is KAM a GL?

It's the same thing, them not breaking the cadence to confirm or deny KAM, is about how the reqs are released.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    I said the same with JKL for Master Luke. No way to whale for it. Only certain people will have it. Etc. etc. etc.

CG taught me well. KAM will be required.
    Oh, please.
    With GKL it was 2nd timing and you could whale for it if you didn't have all requirements. And every single TB character could be bought for get1 for a long time(but some thought that it's better to buy gear in collection game, lol).
    With KAM, you need at least be able to buy his shards for GET2. He is harder then any GL to acquire if not all of them
  • Maverick1213
    26 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Requiring KAM would prevent many players who would whale on Master Kenobi from doing so, which wouldn't make much sense from CG's standpoint. However, I think KAM and his unique ability (Jedi Council) will be the difference between a good JMK squad and an OP JMK squad (especially if JMK is a support or healer).
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Why, is KAM a GL?

Why, is KAM a GL?

He's asking them to confirm if KAM will be a character or not (see the last sentence), which he has been doing since the first page. They will not say anything further about what characters are needed before the second and third sets of character requirements are published.

Please make sure you are right before trying to correct me.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »

Why, is KAM a GL?

Why, is KAM a GL?

He's asking them to confirm if KAM will be a character or not (see the last sentence), which he has been doing since the first page. They will not say anything further about what characters are needed before the second and third sets of character requirements are published.

Please make sure you are right before trying to correct me.

And his main point is about Kam not being confirmed or denied yet. Please don’t try and diminish a posters, actually the majority of posters’, concerns about a highly exclusive character being a requirement for one of the most requested characters in a long time.

It’s a legitimate concern for many players and to diminish that concern is kind of a you know what move on your part. ;)

Why, is KAM a GL?

Why, is KAM a GL?

It's the same thing, them not breaking the cadence to confirm or deny KAM, is about how the reqs are released.

Again, the worry is about KAM himself. They say if KAM is not needed, then the hype train keeps on chugging. I’ve got no issue with releasing requirements in batches but just like GL’s were a massive concern being needed, so goes with KAM.
  • I think JM Kenobi will be a Tank.

It wouldn’t feel right for him to be a support or attacker.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Except ROLO was buyable with GET2 before the JKL event started.

The transparency would be real nice especially since there is only one time a month where one could attempt to farm the character.

You'll find out June 6th at the latest. Knowing now isn't going to make any difference.
  • Capital greed won't require you to have KAM since you can't whale on KAM, but you can whale on garbage tier galactic republic jedi and new toons, so expect more GR jedi to relic and some more brend new toosn to 7 star
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »
    I think JM Kenobi will be a Tank.

It wouldn’t feel right for him to be a support or attacker.

Good argument for why CG should tell us if KAM is required, but I'm still going to say we have to wait.
  • I think the community at large want KAM to be a requirement.

There just hasn’t been enough outrage or pleading with the devs.

Come on community! Time to raise the bar!
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I think the community at large want KAM to be a requirement.

Well we all know every time someone makes a thread asking "where is toon x" they restart the clock.

Maybe every time someone makes this thread they push out the date they announce KAM is required.

(Currently it's June 6th but next thread makes it an edit to the post on June 7th)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Why, is KAM a GL?

Why, is KAM a GL?

Again, the worry is about KAM himself. They say if KAM is not needed, then the hype train keeps on chugging. I’ve got no issue with releasing requirements in batches but just like GL’s were a massive concern being needed, so goes with KAM.

Or just not worry about it, until it's an actual issue and save yourself some stress... but that's just me.

Why, is KAM a GL?

Why, is KAM a GL?

Or just not worry about it, until it's an actual issue and save yourself some stress... but that's just me.

It’s not so much worry as it is a hype killer. I’m more excited for CAT than I am JMK now.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I think the community at large want KAM to be a requirement.

Well we all know every time someone makes a thread asking "where is toon x" they restart the clock.

Maybe every time someone makes this thread they push out the date they announce KAM is required.

(Currently it's June 6th but next thread makes it an edit to the post on June 7th)

It's June 9th actually