Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    KAM. As was said in the megathread, they previously said that other GLs won't be required even before all requirements for the second batch were out. So them refusing to say either way on KAM is just "yes, but we don't want you to get angry yet".

Why, is KAM a GL?

Otherwise there is no connection at all.

No, there is a connection. When asked if GL’s would be required, they answered that question, thereby going against their “release cadence of requirements”. They confirmed if a specific character would be needed or not. So that’s the connection :)

Aside from KAM; as far as the other GR jedi go, I’m not gonna lie, if they don’t rework them at all they’re really missing out on garnering more hype and getting more people to spend on JMK. Could you imagine the hype train and the amount of people willing to spend if they release JMK with a rework of iconic GR jedi like QGJ, Mace, Aayla, Luminara, Kit Fisto, etc? Not even massive reworks aside from Mace and QGJ, but touch ups to finally make them useable on LSGeoTB. They’d lock me in as a whale for JMK, and I’m almost done hoarding for Rey. I’d go after both if they did something like that which means $$$ for them.

But they didnt, they confirmed a particular type of character would not be required, not a specific toon.

I agree, I'm surprised they dont use these opportunities to do even a small faction pass. At the same time though they do "design the META" to some extent and that would be a lot of "new factors" to consider when balancing a new GL.

But they still went out of their way to say “no these characters will not be required”. Whether it was a GL tag or the specific characters they said it wouldn’t be required. They could’ve said “we can neither confirm nor deny” just like they told you on that matter.

Having said that, if they aren’t making KAM a req, I think they should say it sooner than later because the prospect of KAM being a requirement is killing a lot of people’s hype over JMK. It’s bad enough they won’t bother updating the GR Jedi, especially mace, since this is the prime time to do it. But to make JMK so exclusive you can’t get him because of KAM is just....dumb lol. That’s intentionally costing themselves money
    KAM. As was said in the megathread, they previously said that other GLs won't be required even before all requirements for the second batch were out. So them refusing to say either way on KAM is just "yes, but we don't want you to get angry yet".

Why, is KAM a GL?

No, there is a connection. When asked if GL’s would be required, they answered that question, thereby going against their “release cadence of requirements”. They confirmed if a specific character would be needed or not. So that’s the connection :)

Aside from KAM; as far as the other GR jedi go, I’m not gonna lie, if they don’t rework them at all they’re really missing out on garnering more hype and getting more people to spend on JMK. Could you imagine the hype train and the amount of people willing to spend if they release JMK with a rework of iconic GR jedi like QGJ, Mace, Aayla, Luminara, Kit Fisto, etc? Not even massive reworks aside from Mace and QGJ, but touch ups to finally make them useable on LSGeoTB. They’d lock me in as a whale for JMK, and I’m almost done hoarding for Rey. I’d go after both if they did something like that which means $$$ for them.

But they didnt, they confirmed a particular type of character would not be required, not a specific toon.

I agree, I'm surprised they dont use these opportunities to do even a small faction pass. At the same time though they do "design the META" to some extent and that would be a lot of "new factors" to consider when balancing a new GL.

But they still went out of their way to say “no these characters will not be required”. Whether it was a GL tag or the specific characters they said it wouldn’t be required. They could’ve said “we can neither confirm nor deny” just like they told you on that matter.

Having said that, if they aren’t making KAM a req, I think they should say it sooner than later because the prospect of KAM being a requirement is killing a lot of people’s hype over JMK. It’s bad enough they won’t bother updating the GR Jedi, especially mace, since this is the prime time to do it. But to make JMK so exclusive you can’t get him because of KAM is just....dumb lol. That’s intentionally costing themselves money

Yes, it is killing the hype because KAM is so far out of reach. Personally, Ep 3 Kenobi is my favorite, I will spend whatever I need to to get him, but the idea KAM could be a requirement has killed my hype for 2 reasons: 1) he is so far out of reach it is absurd. And 2) because I don’t know whether to use my hoard on Kenobi Reqs, because if I do and KAM is required I will have essentially wasted my hoard. @CG I know you have your policies, but please clarify

Still beating that horse? They won't change the way GL requirements are announced. Give up.

If you have the gear for the requirements announced so far, then save it until after the the third requirement announcement in June. If KAM is a requirement, and you can't get him, you'll still have your gear.

He’s talking about KAM being a req, not how the reqs are released

It's the same thing, them not breaking the cadence to confirm or deny KAM, is about how the reqs are released.

Again, the worry is about KAM himself. They say if KAM is not needed, then the hype train keeps on chugging. I’ve got no issue with releasing requirements in batches but just like GL’s were a massive concern being needed, so goes with KAM.

Or just not worry about it, until it's an actual issue and save yourself some stress... but that's just me.

It’s not so much worry as it is a hype killer. I’m more excited for CAT than I am JMK now.

This, and JMK is my most wanted character of swgoh, but well, can't be excited until I know if I'll be able to get it to begin with
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Why, is KAM a GL?

Why, is KAM a GL?

Yes, it is killing the hype because KAM is so far out of reach. Personally, Ep 3 Kenobi is my favorite, I will spend whatever I need to to get him, but the idea KAM could be a requirement has killed my hype for 2 reasons: 1) he is so far out of reach it is absurd. And 2) because I don’t know whether to use my hoard on Kenobi Reqs, because if I do and KAM is required I will have essentially wasted my hoard. @CG I know you have your policies, but please clarify

Still beating that horse? They won't change the way GL requirements are announced. Give up.

If you have the gear for the requirements announced so far, then save it until after the the third requirement announcement in June. If KAM is a requirement, and you can't get him, you'll still have your gear.

It's the same thing, them not breaking the cadence to confirm or deny KAM, is about how the reqs are released.

Again, the worry is about KAM himself. They say if KAM is not needed, then the hype train keeps on chugging. I’ve got no issue with releasing requirements in batches but just like GL’s were a massive concern being needed, so goes with KAM.

Or just not worry about it, until it's an actual issue and save yourself some stress... but that's just me.

It’s not so much worry as it is a hype killer. I’m more excited for CAT than I am JMK now.

Same thing, if that is killing someone's hype because they want to make up a roadblock to worry about.

I'm excited about both, it's a great feeling.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Why, is KAM a GL?

Why, is KAM a GL?

Same thing, if that is killing someone's hype because they want to make up a roadblock to worry about.

I'm excited about both, it's a great feeling.

He is my next farm regardless, but still people forget that SEE exist and will most likely just stump him just as he stumps the best Luke line up with c tier sith
  • C tier Sith? The ones I face have BSF and Doc and Malak, those are definitely NOT C tier.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • C tier Sith? The ones I face have BSF and Doc and Malak, those are definitely NOT C tier.

Um I don't belive I said Malak, badstila, and Doc are C tier.

https://youtu.be/R4LGN8oYUfU
    These are the C tier Sith who can beat JML that I was talking about
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »
    I think JM Kenobi will be a Tank.

It wouldn’t feel right for him to be a support or attacker.

Weird, he sure did get in some good fights in RotS
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

Kenobi is a defensively oriented fighter and a master (Mace even called him the master) of Soresu, the most defensive lightsaber form.
    As much as I'd like to see him getting the support tag just to receive the 10% of max HP added as dmg bonus from KAM and see him do serious amounts of dmg even with basic attacks it wouldn't really make sense. The tank tag would be the accurate lore choice.
    The Kenobi support tag + KAM combo could even be too OP, didn't do any calculation but looking at the other GLs base health pools at R8 (~96k for SLKR + SEE, ~107k for JML and ~125k for Rey) JMK could easily have around 100k base health at R8 aswell. Now add + 94% HP (4x 16% primaries and 3x 10% health sets) from mods and he's at 194k. Then add the bonuses from his "Galactic Legend" unique (+80% HP for relic 8) and KAMs "Jedi Council" (+40% HP) to that and imagine him getting an offense boost equal to 10% of that massive health pool.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »

Kenobi is a defensively oriented fighter and a master (Mace even called him the master) of Soresu, the most defensive lightsaber form.
    As much as I'd like to see him getting the support tag just to receive the 10% of max HP added as dmg bonus from KAM and see him do serious amounts of dmg even with basic attacks it wouldn't really make sense. The tank tag would be the accurate lore choice.
    The Kenobi support tag + KAM combo could even be too OP, didn't do any calculation but looking at the other GLs base health pools at R8 (~96k for SLKR + SEE, ~107k for JML and ~125k for Rey) JMK could easily have around 100k base health at R8 aswell. Now add + 94% HP (4x 16% primaries and 3x 10% health sets) from mods and he's at 194k. Then add the bonuses from his "Galactic Legend" unique (+80% HP for relic 8) and KAMs "Jedi Council" (+40% HP) to that and imagine him getting an offense boost equal to 10% of that massive health pool.

I wouldn’t complain, especially if thats the reward from needing KAM to even unlock him
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Three Kenobis all the same, tank. :s like I said, he sure was an attacker in RotS.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Three Kenobis all the same, tank. :s like I said, he sure was an attacker in RotS.

only when he had the high ground
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

only when he had the high ground

In all seriousness, it does seem like it would be kind of a bummer for all the Kenobis to be tanks. Given that he's a GL so there doesn't need to be much concern about making him "OP" (plus all the GR/Jedi to choose from assuming he has direct synergy with one or both) I think they could come up with some fun mechanics for a "defense oriented" attacker/offensive GL.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    To be honest, the thing that got me hyped up the most is the "shipload" tease at the end, especially after the KAM speculation and the communication around it. CG refusing to tell and Kyno going out of his way to justify why they shouldn't tell only points towards the speculation being on point, so any hype I may have had for Master Kenobi is thoroughly killed.
    CAT is fine, but she seems to be yet another Clone leader to join GAS, Rex and Shaak. Considering that Bad Batch has its own leader, there simply isn't enough Clones to populate the squads. But she might free up GAS or Shaak for Jedi squads, which could be useful for GAC or TW. Other than that, she is probably the last minute requirement for Kenobi.
    All in all, I just hope the ship thing is something big, maybe even Ships 3.0. The lack of any ship content lately indicates more than just a bunch of new units to play with, and then there is the "hardware" in RC release, although that could plausibly be just an honest mistake.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    CG refusing to tell and Kyno going out of his way to justify why they shouldn't tell only points towards the speculation being on point

Again it really doesn’t. If you actually listen to what kyno is saying then it makes perfect sense why they aren’t confirming or denying. Would it be nice if they did ? Sure, but them not doing it doesn’t mean it’s because KAM is definitely going to be required so don’t kill your own joy just yet.

I do agree with you on the ships stuff though, I read that the first time around and thought the same, would be nice to see ship content get some proper love this year so it’s not as stale
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    CG refusing to tell and Kyno going out of his way to justify why they shouldn't tell only points towards the speculation being on point

Again it really doesn’t. If you actually listen to what kyno is saying then it makes perfect sense why they aren’t confirming or denying. Would it be nice if they did ? Sure, but them not doing it doesn’t mean it’s because KAM is definitely going to be required so don’t kill your own joy just yet.

I do agree with you on the ships stuff though, I read that the first time around and thought the same, would be nice to see ship content get some proper love this year so it’s not as stale

Still, if he isn't required, saying so now seems like the best course of action. He does undeniably have a special position in the game, regardless of identification tags or whatnot, so Kyno's argument is (as usual) in semantics more than reality. Let's break down the possible cases:
    He is required, they say it now: Players would get angry and it would kill any hype for the rest of the RA. Not good.
    He is required, they say it later: RA hype is somewhat saved, the inevitable backslash will come later. Players may invest in the requirements even if they have no hope of getting Kenobi due to KAM (good from CG point of view), but will get that much angrier later.
    He isn't required, they say it later: RA hype reduced, people withholding their investments (monetary or otherwise) for a reason that ultimately turns out to be false. Not good.
    He isn't required, they say it now: RA hype saved, people can invest, plus some goodwill earned as a bonus. Definitely good.
    So, by logical analysis, if he isn't required, saying so now is the most beneficial. Therefore, assuming that CG acts in a logical way, it follows that he is required. Really, the situation isn't that much different from the previous one (hard to get characters that few people have as a potential requirement), and in fact, an analysis similar to this one might be the reason why they decided to "break their cadence" that time in the first place.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member

Still, if he isn't required, saying so now seems like the best course of action. He does undeniably have a special position in the game, regardless of identification tags or whatnot, so Kyno's argument is (as usual) in semantics more than reality. Let's break down the possible cases:
    He is required, they say it now: Players would get angry and it would kill any hype for the rest of the RA. Not good.
    He is required, they say it later: RA hype is somewhat saved, the inevitable backslash will come later. Players may invest in the requirements even if they have no hope of getting Kenobi due to KAM (good from CG point of view), but will get that much angrier later.
    He isn't required, they say it later: RA hype reduced, people withholding their investments (monetary or otherwise) for a reason that ultimately turns out to be false. Not good.
    He isn't required, they say it now: RA hype saved, people can invest, plus some goodwill earned as a bonus. Definitely good.
    So, by logical analysis, if he isn't required, saying so now is the most beneficial. Therefore, assuming that CG acts in a logical way, it follows that he is required. Really, the situation isn't that much different from the previous one (hard to get characters that few people have as a potential requirement), and in fact, an analysis similar to this one might be the reason why they decided to "break their cadence" that time in the first place.

I do see what you’re saying and I can see why you’ve taken to be more on the side of this meaning KAM is going to be required and you may end up being right but you also have to look at what it would mean if they did break their cadence and tell us about KAM directly. If they tell us that this specific character won’t be needed now then the player base is going to expect that sort of answer with anything they put out. In the future we could end up with a character that’s similarly as hard to unlock as KAM, maybe harder who knows how much the power creep in game will go. If they tell us about KAM now then we will expect them to do the same with any future releases and then it’ll be “they told us about KAM why aren’t they telling us about this, it’s definitely going to be needed and I don’t like it”. Telling us about this one character, even if he is the most difficult one to obtain as of now opens a wormhole for future releases for CG so from a company standpoint, even if it kills the hype of a character slightly, it’s better to stick to their previous cadence to avoid any precedent being set for future releases. So yes it would be nice for them to say outright but I can absolutely see why they’re not and I can also see why you’ve aired on the other side of that and believe it means that he will be. I guess all we can do now is wait and see
  • Everyone so hyped up about GL Kenobi that we almost missed the hint for something big in ships? Maybe the Death Star raid is finally coming :open_mouth:

“ As you can see, there’s a ship load of changes coming to the game and I hope you are as excited as we are for the next few months in Galaxy of Heroes. Thank you all for reading and see you on the Holotables!”
  • Although it's perfectly understandable that CG doesn't want to give specific answers about characters requirements, there is a fair argument for the KAM concern (which could also be stated for Wat).

From the "GL - Event format" post: "At a high level these characters will require more effort than Hero’s Journey, Epic Confrontation or Legendary events, but players will have more time to invest in the required units. The requirements for a Galactic Legend will roll out in the months leading up to the event so you will know what’s needed for their events in advance."

If there is a possibility that a GL requires a character that you can't farm, even with crystals, there is no point getting ready for anything until all requirements are given. So, there is no point giving requirements in advance, except for players who already have KAM and Wat 7*.

If it's WAI, fine. But maybe it was an oversight.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Everyone so hyped up about GL Kenobi that we almost missed the hint for something big in ships? Maybe the Death Star raid is finally coming :open_mouth:

“ As you can see, there’s a ship load of changes coming to the game and I hope you are as excited as we are for the next few months in Galaxy of Heroes. Thank you all for reading and see you on the Holotables!”

I hope it's more than that, the whole system around ships is deeply flawed. Basically they either flood the game with otherwise useless pilots, or give us a whole bunch of pilotless ships with their own host of problems (besides not making sense for most ships, mainly the need to rebalance them every time there is a new progression step). Plus there is the lack of customization leading to coin toss who goes first when two pilots have the same gear. And also the complaints that it doesn't really feel like a dogfight, but it's a turn-based game so there is only so far they can go in this regard. So hopefully they adjust the system, give us some kind of ship mods and then begin churning out ship content to make up for the long dry spell.
  • Can someone tells me Commander Ahsoka Tano can only get through Conquest, or it will also be possible in another way like packs or something? Is there any other way to unlock her
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Still, if he isn't required, saying so now seems like the best course of action.

The best course of action is to follow the same cadence they always have and will. That is how we avoid all issues. Otherwise people will just keep making up issue that "they should break the cadence for".
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Piranios wrote: »
    Can someone tells me Commander Ahsoka Tano can only get through Conquest, or it will also be possible in another way like packs or something? Is there any other way to unlock her

She will start as Conquest only and then after a year, be moved elsewhere.

There is no reason to not expect packs, but it is unlikely you will be able to 7* her through that, but maybe.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Can someone tells me Commander Ahsoka Tano can only get through Conquest, or it will also be possible in another way like packs or something? Is there any other way to unlock her

There is no reason to not expect packs, but it is unlikely you will be able to 7* her through that, but maybe.

So it is not possible to get it otherwise? And Conquest will be demanding, will everyone be able to get it?

Because I do not hide, I really care about this character and I do not have some very good characters
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Still, if he isn't required, saying so now seems like the best course of action.

The best course of action is to follow the same cadence they always have and will. That is how we avoid all issues. Otherwise people will just keep making up issue that "they should break the cadence for".

The cadence was broken before and we all know it. The only point of debate is whether it is justified in this case or not. There are some strong arguments for them breaking it again, if he really isn't required.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

The cadence was broken before and we all know it. The only point of debate is whether it is justified in this case or not. There are some strong arguments for them breaking it again, if he really isn't required.

No they didnt, they did not announce a specific character not being needed. We can pick apart the original statement all we want, I see it as no GL will be required for a GL.

No the arguement to break it doesnt balance on him being needed or not. People want more information, that's great, and will always be the case. They have the rules they set forth, making up roadblocks to try and kill other peoples hype is a little silly.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

So it is not possible to get it otherwise? And Conquest will be demanding, will everyone be able to get it?

Because I do not hide, I really care about this character and I do not have some very good characters

It is outlined in the post, it doesnt seem like there will be options to get her for the first year without Conquest.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    In any case, they aren’t going to tell us about KAM being required until all prerequisites are released. I don’t like it, but arguing won’t change it. Their heals are dug in on this one it seems.

If they want to require KAM, then congrats to the minute amount of players that will have the character 7* in a reasonable amount of time. I just hope if they do make KAM required that they also add him to GET1/GET2 purchases. If they don’t, hopefully SEE will crush JMKenobi as well. If none of these scenarios are met, prepare for the backlash CG.
  • avihas
    247 posts Member
    I actually disappointed from Master Kenobi as GL.
    It seem CG just doesn't able to do a none Jedi/Force user GL.

We already have 3 great Jedi leaders- JML, JL and JKR.
    We also got GA$, which is not a leader of Jedi, but important part of most great Jedi squads.
    And we also had GLey (which we all know the reason CG didn't give her the Jedi tag is because of ballance. She is a Jedi at this point, no matter how I feel about her character).
    I mean come on, a little creativity will only do good CG. There are others factions beside Jedi you know...

We get it. Jedi are awesome and the reason most of us like Star Wars. Don't worry, Master Kenobi doesn't run anywhere. I'm not saying Jedi Master Kenobi is not GL worthy, I'm just saying that I want something new- a none force user GL
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

But, this isn't the same cadence they have always followed.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

No they didnt, they did not announce a specific character not being needed.

Yeah they did. They've broken marquee cadence a couple times (all but once with notice), and they came out last time and told us specifically that Rey and Kylo would specifically not be needed for JML and SEE.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

No they didnt, they did not announce a specific character not being needed. We can pick apart the original statement all we want, I see it as no GL will be required for a GL.

No the arguement to break it doesnt balance on him being needed or not. People want more information, that's great, and will always be the case. They have the rules they set forth, making up roadblocks to try and kill other peoples hype is a little silly.

I am not making anything up, just analyzing what little information we have. The conclusion isn't pretty, but that's where logic leads me. The best course of action now is to avoid investing any gear or other resources until we know more.
    If you have more information, share it. If you see flaws in my actual logic, point them out.