Purple data disc drops - Feedback

Replies

• So many people are saying that they're getting the Red Crate that I have to think I'll be able to do it, but I'm not paying for any energy until it becomes clear that I have to do so... which means I'm still 2 nodes away from Sector 3 Boss (I'm a little bit behind where I could be because I used some energy for extra wins pursuing feats in Sector 1 & 2 whenever i had energy but my Sith were still receiving Stamina - that way I could do all of Sec3 with just my Sith & spend less time chasing pointless victories later).

Kinda surprised I've failed to get the multiple-deaths-in-one-turn feat for S1 by now. RNG keeps killing my attempts to use Rey for that. Not exactly sure what I want to do about it, but I'm still 2 wins away from getting 20 wins in the sector, which is necessary for another feat, so I've got a couple of tries left using energy I would have spent in S1 anyway. I'll be disappointed if RNG doesn't line up for me before then & I'm spending time & energy just on that one feat.
  • Up to final boss on stage 5 and no purple disks at all, and I checked all spots. There isn't even one at the node after i beat JML
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Mine came in last zone. Little annoying but I guess some people get lucky sooner.
  • I have 1 of each and I don't use any of them... This is not a real problem.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Mine came in last zone. Little annoying but I guess some people get lucky sooner.

Or some people don’t get lucky at all.

Zero for me and I’m finished all nodes, just need to go back and finish a few feats to get the last 25 points for the final crate.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Sewpot wrote: »

Or some people don’t get lucky at all.

Zero for me and I’m finished all nodes, just need to go back and finish a few feats to get the last 25 points for the final crate.

Same here. They definitely gotta look at this and make a change
  • I've already posted on another thread so excuse the repeat!

On Hard Mode Sector 1 through 4 not one Purple Disc Insight, I am unlikely to beat SEE although I will try and see if there's any in Sector 5.

On Normal mode I think I've got 5 so far, and 4 of them were in sector 4..

It doesn't seem very well balanced...
    This is the Way
  • I got my only one after I beat JML 😅
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    I have all three but I am not using any of them.
    7raowzalzva7.png
  • That's crazy that some players get 3 and others get 0. Just make it so that it is a fixed drop, even if it is just once
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    That's crazy that some players get 3 and others get 0. Just make it so that it is a fixed drop, even if it is just once
    I just beat the sector 5 boss, JMLS, in hard mode using SLKR and I still have not equipped a single purple disk.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    That's crazy that some players get 3 and others get 0. Just make it so that it is a fixed drop, even if it is just once
    I just beat the sector 5 boss, JMLS, in hard mode using SLKR and I still have not equipped a single purple disk.

That's fine, everyone is different. I was able to complete Hard without any purple disks also. However, It's still not a great reason for the disparity in obtaining them.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

That's fine, everyone is different. I was able to complete Hard without any purple disks also. However, It's still not a great reason for the disparity in obtaining them.
    If you could not complete hard mode without a purple disk then there is no guarantee you would complete it with one much less with all three.

The purple disks are fun but other disk combinations are very potent and in many cases better.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

If you could not complete hard mode without a purple disk then there is no guarantee you would complete it with one much less with all three.

The purple disks are fun but other disk combinations are very potent and in many cases better.

That may all be true, but again, are irrelevant statements to what people are complaining about in this thread. Whether you or me or others can complete Hard without them, or whether in your subjective opinion there are better disks, the point is that the randomness of distribution of "better" disks needs to be reviewed, and hopefully addressed.
  • Maybe when they change the cooldown reduction disk mechanic the purples will be the ‘’better’’ ones, but at the moment they are not.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    It would be way cooler to get a guaranteed purple at a specific point. The purples don't seem very powerful though, do I just not know how to use them? I guess I won't be finding out this round. (last round ran into 4 or 5, this round 0)
  • The purples don't seem very powerful though,

none of the disks is overpowered on its own. it's how you use them. If you have Booming Voice, you use Yoda or Vader as your leader - always with some cooldown reduction & auto-buff disks. Yoda does his jump-bonus turn-jump-bonus turn cycle, Vader can't help but reset MM by the time you've hit each enemy once. In the meantime you're summoning the 4 attackers behind GMY/Vader every single turn.

The Massively Overpowered disk doesn't even need your to pick a specific leader. You just use GMY or Vader again and literally every 2nd hit (with your auto buff disks operating) does massive damage in addition to everything else.

The dread disk has to be paired with one of the normal disk that inflicts healing immunity on the enemy. If they have healing immunity and plague, they're toast. For more fun, use NS and let them kill Mother Talzin so she pops up from the dead to trigger everyone's plague every single turn with no way to heal themselves to get rid of the plague.

But every single one of the Purples has ta be paired with the correct other disks, and ideally used with their optimal team, to upgrade for "Whoah, that's powerful!" to "Now this is thermonuclear war."

This is actually a bit of a problem for getting the Purples too late in the process: you don't get a chance to choose your other disks with an eye towards which Purple you're going to have, so maybe you end up with dread but don't have the disk that inflicts healing immunity automatically. The dread disk is never, ever going to be as useful in that scenario, but how are you to know?

That's why I'm all about Cooldown, auto-buff, TM on buff, and Offense on Buff disks, paired with general survivability and general Speed+ disks. None of them are glamorous, but some combo of Bonus TM, Bonus Speed, stacking Offense, and Cooldown reduction is always going to be good. Being able to swap out some of those for general survivability (Health/Prot+ or HealthSteal+) is useful for feats where you don't want to kill the enemy too quickly. Other disks can all be fantastically fun, but they're not dead useful in the way that these others are.
  • I haven't gotten 1 4 dot purple disc or a deployable cooling system and I'm at the end of Sector 5.
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    I haven't gotten 1 4 dot purple disc or a deployable cooling system and I'm at the end of Sector 5.

Yeah it seems unless you have a stacked roster success in hard mode is going to depend on rng data disc drops.
  • I just beat JMLS, and not a singe Purple Disc in the entire 5 hard levels...

But on a positive note, I finished all 5 levels on hard, got crate 6 and never needed the purple discs, maybe to get the Crate 7 I would, but not enough time now
    This is the Way
  • The only purple disc I got was after beating JML in zone 5.

I’ve now earned hard crate, and still never equipped that disc.
  • Natetiffer
    290 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Conquest 3
    Sector 2 complete and no Purple Disk in sight at 2nd stockpile in Sector 3... Update - Got 1 after Boss DREVAN

Know that they haven't been spotted by two other players

And not seen any RC Shards either - update - just seen first RC Shards
    @ wandering Scavenger station in sector 3 (4 shards for 400GC Credits)
    Post edited by Natetiffer on
    This is the Way
  • Natetiffer wrote: »
    Conquest 3
    Sector 2 complete and no Purple Disk in sight at 2nd stockpile in Sector 3...

That’s consistent with the previous conquest for RC shards.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    b5neqqdaiba2.jpeg

Happy the restarted Conquest. One previous was horrible with the drops so I was happy the stopped it because this one was dropping cooling systems like crazy. I had 2 of the same data disks almost every time. I stopped collecting cooling systems just to have different disks.
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    b5neqqdaiba2.jpeg

Happy the restarted Conquest. One previous was horrible with the drops so I was happy the stopped it because this one was dropping cooling systems like crazy. I had 2 of the same data disks almost every time. I stopped collecting cooling systems just to have different disks.

They are green and blue cooling systems????? I thought it was only the grey ones, never have seen those before
  • What is a purple disk? Never seen one.
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    b5neqqdaiba2.jpeg

Nihilus must love those
  • Natetiffer
    290 posts Member
    Natetiffer wrote: »
    Conquest 3
    Sector 2 complete and no Purple Disk in sight at 2nd stockpile in Sector 3...

That’s consistent with the previous conquest for RC shards.

Yeah, I couldn't remember to be fair lol
    This is the Way
  • Just beat the conquest and guess what not a single purple data disk hh0oaog04q2o.jpg not cool mate not cool
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    You can have mine if you like. I'm not using it.

hyb3ukvd54mv.png