Conquest feats need to be adjusted

Itsa_me_Malario
736 posts Member
edited April 30
One feat says win 10 times with no attackers and the other is inflict mark 40 times, only attackers do that.
Win 20 battles without losing a unit, there are only 14 battles there why waste time and re do them.
Win 14 times with full squad a sith, inflict 40 detonatora, yeah sith don't use that.

This is just annoying nothing else to it, how about a feat that says do 40 crit on Mando beskar team, only way I can do is using cool down disk and have Vader use force crush over and over, because everything else would just melt them in seconds and I don't get to do 40 crits
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Well no one said you had to do all the feats in 1 go
  • Constructive criticism op
  • You don’t have to do all feats for max rewards. It’s designed to give you a choice. And the concept of Conquest is not that you do all battles once and that’s it.

I agree that the feats are not the pinnacle of creativity.
  • Imperial troopers: Piett inflicts marked and the team can be all Support. Using the cooling systems disk, I’m getting up to 10 marks per match.
  • Imperial troopers: Piett inflicts marked and the team can be all Support. Using the cooling systems disk, I’m getting up to 10 marks per match.

This is the way
  • Nikoms565
    14213 posts Member
    Not a fan of the "Win with 14 Jedi/Sith Teams" in a single sector. The point and fun of the mode is to use your complete roster - "requiring" a single faction for all the battles in a sector takes that creativity and fun away. There are only 17 Sith in the entire game - so you're basically running the same 2 or 3 teams through the entire sector. Those types of feats would be better to have as event feats with a slightly higher number so you're not just fighting the same battles with the same teams repeatedly. And no, the slow energy refresh rate doesn't require you to be creative with different teams. It encourages you to just wait and not play.

Again, this type of boring repetitive game play is what players grow weary of - that's arena. We already do that 5-10 times every day. We don't need more of that. Why is that hard to come up with interesting and fun feats for a single sector.

Things like "Win 2 battles with only smugglers" or "Win a battle with 2 healers in your team" or Win 2 battles with 3 Tanks" or "Win 2 battles with 3 support" or "Win a battle with Faction X and Faction Y" each represented (where the 2 factions are smaller or lesser used ones - or at least one of the 2 is") - that's just off the top of my head.

Some of the feats are good and interesting - but many just make the game mode more mundane.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • No, feats are fine. They want you to have to figure it out. It makes it replayable for the whole 2 weeks.
  • Nikoms565
    14213 posts Member
    No, feats are fine. They want you to have to figure it out. It makes it replayable for the whole 2 weeks.

There's nothing to figure out though. That's my issue with the "14 Jedi/Sith" - there's 14 battles in a sector. The "strategy" is not a strategy at all.

Just change the wording of the feat then "In This Sector Use a Team of X For Every. Single. Battle. - Enjoy!" :/

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    29911 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    No, feats are fine. They want you to have to figure it out. It makes it replayable for the whole 2 weeks.

There's nothing to figure out though. That's my issue with the "14 Jedi/Sith" - there's 14 battles in a sector. The "strategy" is not a strategy at all.

Just change the wording of the feat then "In This Sector Use a Team of X For Every. Single. Battle. - Enjoy!" :/

Or....don't? Do some now, some later?
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    29911 posts Member
    Win 14 times with full squad a sith, inflict 40 detonatora, yeah sith don't use that.

Oh no it takes 15 battles instead of 14.
  • It's purposely designed to make sure you can't just one shot everything and done. Besides the Jedi and Sith feat, they are all pretty easy, for now. Find a NS team and you can mark zombie between 15 and 20 times per match if you are running cooling system.

For thermal detonator throw Greedo in with GMY, Hoda, Jolee exotic, and Bast. Can do that in one match.
  • Rebmes
    273 posts Member
    Yes, Conquest takes a little strategy in order to complete everything.
    Melders is recruiting, Eh?! All daily Canadian players welcome, especially west coast, just join in-game! 200 mil GP and rising!
  • Nikoms565
    14213 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Which would be great - except you have to trudge through one sector before the next one opens.

• TVF
    29911 posts Member

Which would be great - except you have to trudge through one sector before the next one opens.

Which part of "do some later" doesn't work for you?
  • Nikoms565
    14213 posts Member

Except that the design of the slow energy refresh works so that doing that is actually inefficient and thus suboptimal. Sure, I could burn crystals to make the game mode more fun and less monotonous - or they could simply improve the design of the feats such that you are not "required" to use the same 2 or 3 teams repeatedly in a given sector.

Sure - I realize that much of the game's design is around making people spend premium currency (crystals). But creating feats that intentionally make a new game mode boring and monotonous just seems silly. But alas, if that's the goal, than congrats to CG I guess - they succeeded?

• TVF
    29911 posts Member

Except that the design of the slow energy refresh works so that doing that is actually inefficient and thus suboptimal. Sure, I could burn crystals to make the game mode more fun and less monotonous - or they could simply improve the design of the feats such that you are not "required" to use the same 2 or 3 teams repeatedly in a given sector.

Sure - I realize that much of the game's design is around making people spend premium currency (crystals). But creating feats that intentionally make a new game mode boring and monotonous just seems silly. But alas, if that's the goal, than congrats to CG I guess - they succeeded?

I seriously have no idea what you are talking about. Go all the way through every sector first. Do some of the faction feat battles and some using whatever you want. Then come back and finish the faction feats later. You don't need to burn crystals to do this.
  • Kyno
    30410 posts Moderator
    I'm pretty sure they want feats like this to push battle count up, and make it harder to do things with a low number of passes without putting some focus into doing it.

• Joebo720 wrote: »
    It's purposely designed to make sure you can't just one shot everything and done. Besides the Jedi and Sith feat, they are all pretty easy, for now. Find a NS team and you can mark zombie between 15 and 20 times per match if you are running cooling system.

Yeah, first and third (current) Conquest I had NS teams to farm JKR Marks, just got like 22 so only need one more go. But second conquest I did not have NS on the sector so it was much more of a pain.

And when Cooling systems go away, some of the feats are going to be incredibly grindy and/or tedious.

• Rath_Tarr
    4210 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they want feats like this to push battle count up, and make it harder to do things with a low number of passes without putting some focus into doing it.
    You take that back! That implies intelligent design and everyone knows CG don't do intelligent design! They are far too busy getting drunk and playing beer pong!!! :D
  • TVF wrote: »

I seriously have no idea what you are talking about. Go all the way through every sector first. Do some of the faction feat battles and some using whatever you want. Then come back and finish the faction feats later. You don't need to burn crystals to do this.

I’m with TVF on this one. I try to use Jedi/sith/ whatever on the first pass to work on feats and then come back later to finish the feats. I typically buy 3 or 4 refreshes per conquest and that’s mostly because I’m killing some free time. Last time, I got the red chest 7 days into the conquest.
  • Gifafi
    5566 posts Member
    Boring busywork.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nikoms565
    14213 posts Member
    I’m with TVF on this one. I try to use Jedi/sith/ whatever on the first pass to work on feats and then come back later to finish the feats. I typically buy 3 or 4 refreshes per conquest and that’s mostly because I’m killing some free time. Last time, I got the red chest 7 days into the conquest.

Like I said...

But okay - that's the intent, I guess it is what it is.

I get the red chest with battles to spare and don't refresh, so I guess this is the way.

• Gifafi
    5566 posts Member
    “Killing free time.” What fun! The feats should be cut in half at the least.

Adding more screen time for repetitive feats is not a good way to give the people with free time something to do imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    29911 posts Member

Like I said...

I get the red chest with battles to spare and don't refresh, so I guess this is the way.

You said you have to use the same team every battle. This is not true.

I don't get your complaint, I still don't, so I'm moving on.
  • Rebmes wrote: »
    Yes, Conquest takes a little strategy in order to complete everything.

Um strategy has nothing to do with what we are talking about
  • Nikoms565
    14213 posts Member

Like I said...

You said you have to use the same team every battle. This is not true.

I don't get your complaint, I still don't, so I'm moving on.

That's not what I said, but let's both move on.