Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    CG refusing to tell and Kyno going out of his way to justify why they shouldn't tell only points towards the speculation being on point

Again it really doesn’t. If you actually listen to what kyno is saying then it makes perfect sense why they aren’t confirming or denying. Would it be nice if they did ? Sure, but them not doing it doesn’t mean it’s because KAM is definitely going to be required so don’t kill your own joy just yet.

I do agree with you on the ships stuff though, I read that the first time around and thought the same, would be nice to see ship content get some proper love this year so it’s not as stale

Still, if he isn't required, saying so now seems like the best course of action.

The best course of action is to follow the same cadence they always have and will. That is how we avoid all issues. Otherwise people will just keep making up issue that "they should break the cadence for".

But, this isn't the same cadence they have always followed.

They have announced a specific character being needed or not for a GL outside of the information release cadence?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CG refusing to tell and Kyno going out of his way to justify why they shouldn't tell only points towards the speculation being on point

Again it really doesn’t. If you actually listen to what kyno is saying then it makes perfect sense why they aren’t confirming or denying. Would it be nice if they did ? Sure, but them not doing it doesn’t mean it’s because KAM is definitely going to be required so don’t kill your own joy just yet.

I do agree with you on the ships stuff though, I read that the first time around and thought the same, would be nice to see ship content get some proper love this year so it’s not as stale

Still, if he isn't required, saying so now seems like the best course of action.

The best course of action is to follow the same cadence they always have and will. That is how we avoid all issues. Otherwise people will just keep making up issue that "they should break the cadence for".

The cadence was broken before and we all know it. The only point of debate is whether it is justified in this case or not. There are some strong arguments for them breaking it again, if he really isn't required.

No they didnt, they did not announce a specific character not being needed.

Yeah they did. They've broken marquee cadence a couple times (all but once with notice), and they came out last time and told us specifically that Rey and Kylo would specifically not be needed for JML and SEE.

No, they specified that GLs would not be needed, and used them as an example.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

The cadence was broken before and we all know it. The only point of debate is whether it is justified in this case or not. There are some strong arguments for them breaking it again, if he really isn't required.

No they didnt, they did not announce a specific character not being needed. We can pick apart the original statement all we want, I see it as no GL will be required for a GL.

No the arguement to break it doesnt balance on him being needed or not. People want more information, that's great, and will always be the case. They have the rules they set forth, making up roadblocks to try and kill other peoples hype is a little silly.

I am not making anything up, just analyzing what little information we have. The conclusion isn't pretty, but that's where logic leads me. The best course of action now is to avoid investing any gear or other resources until we know more.
    If you have more information, share it. If you see flaws in my actual logic, point them out.

I agree that players should hold and not apply gear until more information is handed out according to the cadence. That is always the best course of action for the player base and is usually highly recommended.

Personally, I want CG to state the rules of release and follow them, this has been an issue in the past, I am more than happy that they stated a plan and are sticking to the stated plan. That is the way it should be.

Anyone who is letting a made up road block kill thier hype will always find a reason to do so. The accusations of CG moving the goal posts will always fly around, I love it when its convenient for the player base to do so, and that's ok.
  • Piranios
    13 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Piranios wrote: »
    Piranios wrote: »
    Can someone tells me Commander Ahsoka Tano can only get through Conquest, or it will also be possible in another way like packs or something? Is there any other way to unlock her

She will start as Conquest only and then after a year, be moved elsewhere.

There is no reason to not expect packs, but it is unlikely you will be able to 7* her through that, but maybe.

So it is not possible to get it otherwise? And Conquest will be demanding, will everyone be able to get it?

Because I do not hide, I really care about this character and I do not have some very good characters

It is outlined in the post, it doesnt seem like there will be options to get her for the first year without Conquest.

Well, Pain time..... or time more play in SWGOH

thanks for help
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

No they didnt, they did not announce a specific character not being needed. We can pick apart the original statement all we want, I see it as no GL will be required for a GL.

No the arguement to break it doesnt balance on him being needed or not. People want more information, that's great, and will always be the case. They have the rules they set forth, making up roadblocks to try and kill other peoples hype is a little silly.

I am not making anything up, just analyzing what little information we have. The conclusion isn't pretty, but that's where logic leads me. The best course of action now is to avoid investing any gear or other resources until we know more.
    If you have more information, share it. If you see flaws in my actual logic, point them out.

I agree that players should hold and not apply gear until more information is handed out according to the cadence. That is always the best course of action for the player base and is usually highly recommended.

Personally, I want CG to state the rules of release and follow them, this has been an issue in the past, I am more than happy that they stated a plan and are sticking to the stated plan. That is the way it should be.

Anyone who is letting a made up road block kill thier hype will always find a reason to do so. The accusations of CG moving the goal posts will always fly around, I love it when its convenient for the player base to do so, and that's ok.

At the very least, something with a real possibility of happening isn't really "made up", is it? So stop claiming it is, unless you have actual proof. If I was worried, say, about SEE being required, now that would be a made up roadblock. KAM is an entirely possible roadblock, the only point of debate is the probability.
  • KAM isn't a "made up roadblock." His possibility as a requirement is a risk that people are hedging against. For example, today, right now, I would drop 6800 crystals in weekly shipments for 85 Bo Katan shards to help progress towards JMK. However, since I won't have 7* KAM until Sep/Oct I won't--because that investment is now a risky one. If KAM is required and I can't unlock until the fall anyway, I have no reason to accelerate my Bo pace (and therefore spend crystals, which I assume would be CG's goal).

In addition to the risk of him being required for unlock, there's also a risk that JMK will be very sub-par without him. I would argue this likelihood is FAR greater than the likelihood KAM is required for unlock. We already have so many great generic Jedi leads. I suspect JMK is going to be about GR Jedi synergy, which means KAM would become a necessity at the level Malak was for DR.

Granted, this is all speculation, but these are the types of things f2p (or those on a modest gaming budget) must consider when they don't have all the information. Please, stop saying we are "making up" issues. The issue is the unknown, not KAM himself.

To those in my position, I would suggest assuming that JMK will either require KAM for unlock or require him to be top-end arena viable. Hoard your stuff until June, and prepare for a shift to SEE (who should hard counter 2x GLs), GL #6 (probably Fallen Anakin and will require BB), or any other GL/project of choice.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    The issue is the unknown, not KAM himself.

Good thing you only have to wait (at most) a month to find out. Also a good thing that GL events are always available.

Knowing now or knowing later is irrelevant.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

But, this isn't the same cadence they have always followed.

They have announced a specific character being needed or not for a GL outside of the information release cadence?

Well yes, but that's not what I was saying.

No they didnt, they did not announce a specific character not being needed.

Yeah they did. They've broken marquee cadence a couple times (all but once with notice), and they came out last time and told us specifically that Rey and Kylo would specifically not be needed for JML and SEE.

No, they specified that GLs would not be needed, and used them as an example.

No. They specified two very specific characters would not be needed.
  • I wouldn't worry about KAM. They want you to whale on GL. Can't whale for KAM. Hence can't make money off it. They're not putting in the effort to make GL's without a way to reap the rewards.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Look, if they would have just said "we will never require GL's for a GL," then yes, they specified a type of character. But they said "we will not require the previous GL's for *this round of GL's*." It is not the same thing.
  • TVF wrote: »

Good thing you only have to wait (at most) a month to find out. Also a good thing that GL events are always available.

I just explained how it is relevant. We do not know, nor should we assume it based on history, whether Bo Katan will be in weekly shipments every week until JMK. To have her 7* by early June, I would need to pick her up in shipments when she is available.

Is this "unknown" anything new with SWGOH? Not at all.

Have I been upset by this in the past? Sure.

Is it enough to make me stop playing? Nope.

Is it enough to make me not want to spend real $ on the game? Absolutely.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

At the very least, something with a real possibility of happening isn't really "made up", is it? So stop claiming it is, unless you have actual proof. If I was worried, say, about SEE being required, now that would be a made up roadblock. KAM is an entirely possible roadblock, the only point of debate is the probability.

It's a real possibility that all of the future requirements are marquees that have not been released yet..... really is it?

Yes it is made up, until it is stated. That's the difference between real and made up.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

It's a real possibility that all of the future requirements are marquees that have not been released yet..... really is it?

Yes it is made up, until it is stated. That's the difference between real and made up.

Sure, because there are no degrees of probability between 0 and 100%...
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I just explained how it is relevant. We do not know, nor should we assume it based on history, whether Bo Katan will be in weekly shipments every week until JMK. To have her 7* by early June, I would need to pick her up in shipments when she is available.

Ok.

I really don't think waiting will cost you much time (if any) but if you want to be mad enough to stop spending (which I usually doubt when I hear anyway) then that's fine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1772 posts Member
    edited April 2021

Ok.

I really don't think waiting will cost you much time (if any) but if you want to be mad enough to stop spending (which I usually doubt when I hear anyway) then that's fine.

85 shards at 2 node refreshes a day is 17 days.

Can't stop spending if you never started.

Edit: Okay, technically, I did start. I spent a little money on FAT when she came out because Ahsoka is my bae. I spend a little money after they let us change our arena PO times because I thought that was an amazing QOL improvement. I have not spent since a few months after that, whenever that was.
  • Really looking forward to Master Kenobi.

Hope KAM isn't required or if he is he's released in one of the guild event stores.

If he isn't a requirement it's still worth having him as I can imagine he'll be a core component of an excellent MK team.
  • Lets just take a moment and all agree that its "GLOW", Galactic Legend Obi Wan. Thank you. :D
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    I think the overall GL requirements have been fine up to this point. They have a heavy gear and shard investment as it is, as they should.

With that said, putting a R8 requirement on any toon is ****. Even if it’s a toon that most people would want to R8 anyway.

A single r8 is not that much of a big deal, especially now that the mats are in conquest.

I don't disagree, but it will likely be 2 or 3 r8 required, as the other GL's needed 2 or 3 r7 each.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    I think the overall GL requirements have been fine up to this point. They have a heavy gear and shard investment as it is, as they should.

With that said, putting a R8 requirement on any toon is ****. Even if it’s a toon that most people would want to R8 anyway.

A single r8 is not that much of a big deal, especially now that the mats are in conquest.

I don't disagree, but it will likely be 2 or 3 r8 required, as the other GL's needed 2 or 3 r7 each.

Maybe, maybe not. This is the first GL since r8 is more widespread, so there is no reference yet. And GK is the most important requirement lore-wise, so it would make sense for him to have the highest relic.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    I know everyone is worked up over KAM but who else do you think we might need?

Farmboy Luke?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • There were datamines showing JKA and Farmboy Luke reskins. So its possible
  • Reptile
    114 posts Member
    Requiring a 6 star Negotiator is a good indicator that JMK won't require KAM.
  • Reptile wrote: »

Why do you think that?
  • LordDirt wrote: »

Farmboy Luke?

Well GL reqs usually throw players a bone so maybe GMY, Padme etc. I still think we have some more poison pills like KitFisto
  • There were datamines showing JKA and Farmboy Luke reskins. So its possible

What do you mean reskins? Updated models with the new graphics or
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Reptile wrote: »

Why do you think that?

Feels weird to require a 6* Negotiator but a 7* KAM considering how they are both obtained.
    LordDirt wrote: »

Farmboy Luke?

Pretty sure we'll get QGJ, Eeth Koth, and Kit Fisto, as well as GMY and maybe GAS.
  • DarthVenomis
    473 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    xit307qmx155.png
    mlirxwecdzum.png
    Credit to the folks over at swgohevents
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Farmboy Luke makes absolutely zero sense as a requirement, he wasn't even born at that time. The new model has some other reason.
  • DarthVenomis
    473 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Farmboy Luke makes absolutely zero sense as a requirement, he wasn't even born at that time. The new model has some other reason.

They might be reworking him because at the end of the RA they said something about fixing beginning of the game toons, or something like that.