Jawas no longer bombs away?

Antario
996 posts Member
edited April 2021
Did they change the Bombs Away feat in sector 3 of the conquest?

Just tried to complete it using Rey plus a bunch of Jawas but did not get any bombs stick.

Before you ask, yes I did add the Jawa scavenger.

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Antario wrote: »

Just tried to complete it using Rey plus a bunch of Jawas but did not get any bombs stick.

Worked for me - one run. Maybe you just ran against a team with high tenacity?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Did any of the jawas take any damage?

• Nikoms565 wrote: »

Worked for me - one run. Maybe you just ran against a team with high tenacity?

I thought all Geos in Conquest got the same modifiers? I did the run twice. Same result. Zero TD applied.
  • Did any of the jawas take any damage?

Yes, they got attacked. Actually Rey did life blood but the Jawas got slaughtered quite fast without even entering dmg immunity, which is weird.

I got only g8 Jawas but I remember last time they hold bit longer.

• Antario
    996 posts Member
    Why is this post moved to Arena & Char strategy? I’d like to feedback a bug. It’s not about strategy... whatever.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Why is this post moved to Arena & Char strategy? I’d like to feedback a bug. It’s not about strategy... whatever.

It's not a bug if it works for others. Just saying.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Worked fine for me with my purple jawas and Rey.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Goes have high tenacity. What is the potency of your scav?
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Goes have high tenacity. What is the potency of your scav?

I'm pretty sure it is not the potency.

I actually made it work now after swapping mods and dropping some data cards. Nothing else.

The new mod set actually has even lower potency (19% compare to 36%), but it works. That's why I can rule out the potency theory.

So my conclusion so far is, it has to do with the data cards.

To proof i'm not making things up, here is the screen capture of the failed try, when the bombs did not stick (I even made a video, but no time to upload it).

wwvctg8mdvxp.jpg
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

That only hold truth if our test conditions are the same, which is not the case.

I'm pretty sure you got different data cards equipped. And I think that's the root-cause..at least right now.

The problem is, I can't reproduce it anymore. Spent already 300+ crystals to test different combinations. It's getting expensive.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    You spent 300 crystals to try and prove a bug that others haven’t had happen?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

And had fun doing it.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited April 2021

I actually made it work now after swapping mods and dropping some data cards. Nothing else.

The new mod set actually has even lower potency (19% compare to 36%), but it works. That's why I can rule out the potency theory.

To proof i'm not making things up, here is the screen capture of the failed try, when the bombs did not stick (I even made a video, but no time to upload it).

wwvctg8mdvxp.jpg

Dude, that ability is directly dependent on Jawa Scavengers potency. The numbers you just mentioned are laughable. Goes have a +15 shared tenacity above any tenacity that they bring individually. If your Scavenger doesn't have 4000-5000 physical damage if your potency is that low then you will not land a thermal.1v8p8t90z4rl.jpg
    I will show you pictures of the tenacity stats of my garbage Geo team, and you tell me which 1 you think you would land a thermal on:
    3mqog3oezb37.jpg6vu53bz0w5kt.jpg
    8zzlwcc5i0cl.jpg
    42djkl7j4cai.jpg
    stzztzfw4087.jpg

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

And had fun doing it.

Well, that's the important thing.

• Antario
    996 posts Member

wwvctg8mdvxp.jpg

Dude, that ability is directly dependent on Jawa Scavengers potency. The numbers you just mentioned are laughable. Goes have a +15 shared tenacity above any tenacity that they bring individually. If your Scavenger doesn't have 4000-5000 physical damage if your potency is that low then you will not land a thermal.

I see your point. But how do you explain that I land them (consistently) now? Like I mentioned, My Scavenger potency is even lower now and I don't have any potency boosting data cards.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

wwvctg8mdvxp.jpg

Dude, that ability is directly dependent on Jawa Scavengers potency. The numbers you just mentioned are laughable. Goes have a +15 shared tenacity above any tenacity that they bring individually. If your Scavenger doesn't have 4000-5000 physical damage if your potency is that low then you will not land a thermal.

I see your point. But how do you explain that I land them (consistently) now? Like I mentioned, My Scavenger potency is even lower now and I don't have any potency boosting data cards.

Do you have Scavenger's unique (Line in The Sand) maxed? My Scav is at 57% potency and I have LitS maxed. One try.

• Antario
    996 posts Member
    1v8p8t90z4rl.jpg

Wait, did it say effect is unresistable?

Btw,. here are the mods before (no TD applied) and after (TD applied consistently). I don't think it's the potency.

wuktgn8umtsl.jpg
  • Antario
    996 posts Member

wwvctg8mdvxp.jpg

Do you have Scavenger's unique (Line in The Sand) maxed? My Scav is at 57% potency and I have LitS maxed. One try.

No I got that skill to level 7, which is 60% chance compared to 80% at level 8. But statisically that difference is irrelevant. I did not apply ANY (=Zero) TD. And suddenly after I changed the mods (to a even worse potency) and swapped some data cards, it works. That's the strange part.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

wwvctg8mdvxp.jpg

No I got that skill to level 7, which is 60% chance compared to 80% at level 8. But statisically that difference is irrelevant. I did not apply ANY (=Zero) TD. And suddenly after I changed the mods (to a even worse potency) and swapped some data cards, it works. That's the strange part.

I'm glad you got it to work - but just for future reference, the difference between 60% and 80% is not irrelevant. I had no data discs that improve potency, but some that boost health and protection - maybe your jawas (Scavenger specifically) were simply dying too soon.

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    edited April 2021
    1v8p8t90z4rl.jpg

Btw,. here are the mods before (no TD applied) and after (TD applied consistently). I don't think it's the potency.

wuktgn8umtsl.jpg

swgoh.gg mechanics can be difficult to interpret sometimes. It's saying that the effect of modifying the potency is "unresistable", [sic] not that the bombs themselves are irresistible.

In any case, you have said it's something to do with the data disks, but haven't said which ones. Did you use the power data disks, which boost everyone's offense? If so, then Mephisto's point stands that it's your damage increasing your potency. You can also see that while that mod set decreases potency, it increases damage.

• Antario
    996 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    1v8p8t90z4rl.jpg

wuktgn8umtsl.jpg

swgoh.gg mechanics can be difficult to interpret sometimes. It's saying that the effect of modifying the potency is "unresistable", [sic] not that the bombs themselves are irresistible.

In any case, you have said it's something to do with the data disks, but haven't said which ones. Did you use the power data disks, which boost everyone's offense? If so, then Mephisto's point stands that it's your damage increasing your potency. You can also see that while that mod set decreases potency, it increases damage.

No, I don't have Power data Disks. I have Stacking Offense equiped though, but I had it also for the negative runs.

The more I think about it, maybe it was just bad luck and my scavenger (not probably, but certainly possibly) died first every try without me noticing, It's sometimes hard to tell who is who with the Jawas. That would explain why the geos never got TD applied. At least it's way more plausible than the potency/tenecity explanation. Because now I got 19% potency, less than1800 offense, no offense boosting data cards, 60% chance of triggering TD and I get the TDs applied consistently.
  • Was scavenger the first one dead? If he's dead no bombs get dropped. I don't recall if he drops the bombs if he's the one attacked, or if it's only his allies. But either way I'd bet they killed him first without attacking anyone else.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

It's a bug if under some conditions it doesn't work as specified - even if it works as specified under most conditions.