[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Farmboy Luke makes absolutely zero sense as a requirement, he wasn't even born at that time. The new model has some other reason.

He wasnt born during RotS? I think you need to go rewatch the movie. :D
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Farmboy Luke makes absolutely zero sense as a requirement, he wasn't even born at that time. The new model has some other reason.

Not for the majority of it anyway. And he definitely isn't a farmboy.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    So JMK and Farmboy Luke dont got together? Without JMK watching over him for 20 years you dont have episodes 4-9.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    So JMK and Farmboy Luke dont got together? Without JMK watching over him for 20 years you dont have episodes 4-9.

Yeah but FB luke doesn’t come around in RotS. I get the connection later but that’s a stretch.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    We are missing 10 more and one might be a new toon. I can see:

Farmboy Luke and maybe Princess Leia
    Darth Vader or General Grievous R8
    Grand Master Yoda
    Qui-Gon Jinn

New toon - Satine
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So far, the requirements have been characters chronologically preceding the GL, so Vader and Leia are out of the game too. Sure, Bo-Katan is stretching it a bit, but it seems we aren't getting a young version of her so it can be justified. Satine would make sense, but I don't know if they can fit in a new marquee.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    True, but isnt this the first one not from Episode 9 and not having anything after them anyway?
  • Also, Old Ben reskin
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • 5mwwnts9b4pu.png

• TVF
    36526 posts Member

He was born on a farm.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • And Ahsoka nv75jtw11fgw.png
  • She is designed to be stronger than a Marquee character but not quite at the scale of an Epic Confrontation unit. We are also increasing the amount of shards you will be able to earn throughout an event - you will be able to unlock Commander Ahsoka at 7* after 3 Hard Conquests if you are earning the maximum reward crate and purchase her shards from merchants.

So, does she require 330 shards to unlock(7*) or is she going to unlock at a lower star rarity? Just want to clarify, as the wording could go either way, but it seems like she will be a 7* unlock.
  • She will require 330 shards for a 7* unlock is how I took it
  • She will require 330 shards for a 7* unlock is how I took it

It seemed that way to me as well, just wanted to double check.
  • TVF wrote: »

He was born on a farm.

He was born on an asteroid... he was raised raised on a farm.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

He was born on a farm.

He was born on an asteroid... he was raised raised on a farm.

anecdotal
  • Nauros wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    I think the overall GL requirements have been fine up to this point. They have a heavy gear and shard investment as it is, as they should.

With that said, putting a R8 requirement on any toon is ****. Even if it’s a toon that most people would want to R8 anyway.

A single r8 is not that much of a big deal, especially now that the mats are in conquest.

I don't disagree, but it will likely be 2 or 3 r8 required, as the other GL's needed 2 or 3 r7 each.

Maybe, maybe not. This is the first GL since r8 is more widespread, so there is no reference yet. And GK is the most important requirement lore-wise, so it would make sense for him to have the highest relic.
    Which is why we need the crancor to be more bearable for lower level guilds. My guild has over 215k gp and can’t beat the first stage
  • Reptile wrote: »
    Requiring a 6 star Negotiator is a good indicator that JMK won't require KAM.

none of the ships required have been required at 7*
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I still don't like this. the requirements so far are already gross and Ahsoka from the Clone Wars season 7 has become Rosario Dawson and now looks older than the Fulcrum version we have in-game which is supposed to be the older one......oh yeah, only one GL too. No dark side character?

We're now up to 3 Kenobis and still without a single amazing Leia character. Luke had 2 great characters (1 meh) and a GL. There's 5 Hans (though only one is outstanding, he does have the best Falcon). When does Leia get some love? She's one of the most important characters in the franchise yet only has 2 characters and both are, at best, average. Not to mention neither one really resembles her. Padme's toon doesn't resemble her either.

I don't understand why Leia continues to get the shaft.
  • Piranios
    13 posts Member
    And Ahsoka nv75jtw11fgw.png

Better is Ahsoka from clone wars then from mandalorian
  • I still don't like this. the requirements so far are already gross and Ahsoka from the Clone Wars season 7 has become Rosario Dawson and now looks older than the Fulcrum version we have in-game which is supposed to be the older one......oh yeah, only one GL too. No dark side character?

We're now up to 3 Kenobis and still without a single amazing Leia character. Luke had 2 great characters (1 meh) and a GL. There's 5 Hans (though only one is outstanding, he does have the best Falcon). When does Leia get some love? She's one of the most important characters in the franchise yet only has 2 characters and both are, at best, average. Not to mention neither one really resembles her. Padme's toon doesn't resemble her either.

I don't understand why Leia continues to get the shaft.

Finally. Someone agrees with me.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Which leia u want? Bikini?
  • DaarthBrewer
    1954 posts Member
    Looooki wrote: »
    Which leia u want? Bikini?

Yes, please, basic is use chain to choke foe.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Regarding the only one GL at a time thing:
    Absolutely dislike it as a f2p player. GLs coming as pairs allowed me to make a decision on which one of the 2 GLs I want to spend my hoarded resources on based on their requirements and performance across all game modes. Now I have to either take the risk of spending my resources on JMK (if KAM isn't a requirement) just to realize that the following GL is better (because of requirements and/or performance) and I'm out of resources because I got myself JMK or I have to wait several more months (?) untill the second GL is out aswell and I can compare them.
    I really hope this is a one time only thing because they maybe didn't have the time yet to design 2 GLs at the same time. If this is the future release cadence for GLs that's a real bummer.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TerryH
    16 posts Member
    So what's the possibility that fallen anakin is the next gl?
  • Fieldgulls
    419 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Regarding the only one GL at a time thing:
    Absolutely dislike it as a f2p player. GLs coming as pairs allowed me to make a decision on which one of the 2 GLs I want to spend my hoarded resources on based on their requirements and performance across all game modes. Now I have to either take the risk of spending my resources on JMK (if KAM isn't a requirement) just to realize that the following GL is better (because of requirements and/or performance) and I'm out of resources because I got myself JMK or I have to wait several more months (?) untill the second GL is out aswell and I can compare them.
    I really hope this is a one time only thing because they maybe didn't have the time yet to design 2 GLs at the same time. If this is the future release cadence for GLs that's a real bummer.

What if both GL’s require KAM?
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    A little worried that Commander Ahsoka will make the Jedi faction even stronger that it already is. The light side really has it good at the moment. The Mandalorians, the Bad Batch, soon a new GL and Ahsoka. Meanwhile on the dark side of the Force things don’t feel that great and suffers oddities such as SLKR being only good against... Another DS character! And SEE, well, « it’s complicated »... The darkside just seem very weak as a whole compared to the light one. It lacks great B+ characters like the Jedi Knight Luke, the General Anakin Skywalker, etc. I hope CG can throw DS fans some bones very soon.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Globuhl wrote: »
    A little worried that Commander Ahsoka will make the Jedi faction even stronger that it already is. The light side really has it good at the moment. The Mandalorians, the Bad Batch, soon a new GL and Ahsoka. Meanwhile on the dark side of the Force things don’t feel that great and suffers oddities such as SLKR being only good against... Another DS character! And SEE, well, « it’s complicated »... The darkside just seem very weak as a whole compared to the light one. It lacks great B+ characters like the Jedi Knight Luke, the General Anakin Skywalker, etc. I hope CG can throw DS fans some bones very soon.

If it’s based on S7 Ashoka then she shouldn’t technically be getting a Jedi Tag anyway since she isn’t one by then. Although I don’t know which tags that leaves her with other than GR
  • Snowbird13
    460 posts Member
    Gouj4 wrote: »

If it’s based on S7 Ashoka then she shouldn’t technically be getting a Jedi Tag anyway since she isn’t one by then. Although I don’t know which tags that leaves her with other than GR

She could be in between shaak and gas as a clone leader.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Gouj4 wrote: »

She could be in between shaak and gas as a clone leader.

She could also be the start of the neutral tag too.

Most likely she will get the GR tag. The other tags are up for discussion honestly. The focus shouldn’t be on CAT though. The focus needs to stay on JMK and his reqs.