Advice on direction

MKHolloway
67 posts Member
edited May 2021
Hey everyone, looking for some advice or confirmation that my direction is the right one.

Little background, I started playing in 2018 and left after about 6 months, recently I came back in December and started where I left off with farming CLS and the corresponding characters. My end goal is JKL and JML.

Current plan:

GET currency is all going towards HY, Wampa and ROLO until I can go for JKL.

I am in the home stretch for finishing off my CLS team with under 100 shards left on Chewpio. I am currently passively farming the characters for JKR and plan on continuing that on to DR if I have time before the GET characters are unlocked which I will assess after I unlock JKR and so on.

What I am wondering is does this seem like the best use of my time and resources? What would you do if you were in my situation?

https://swgoh.gg/p/943516345/characters/

Thanks all.

Replies

• Nissa123
    50 posts Member
    Jml is the worst of the gls. You should get GAS first then look at the jmk requirements.
  • Nissa123 wrote: »
    Jml is the worst of the gls. You should get GAS first then look at the jmk requirements.

Might not be when paired with upcoming toons
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    Nissa123 wrote: »

What are you basing that on?
  • Nissa123 wrote: »

Exceptional advice....
  • MKHolloway wrote: »

Exceptional advice....
    I suspect you already know this, but I’d think carefully before following advice from a 1.4M GP player who doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    So, honnestly, i would skip DR. The main strenght of his team comes from Malak, and you cant get Malak to 7*.
    JKR is a easy farm without too much investment in toons that arent helpfull either, so id keep doing that.
    Id work instead on the Mon Mothma Team and your fleet. The Team will look something like this: MM, Bistan, SRP, Biggs, Wedge

If you want to help your guild, or get into a better one, to get more GET rewards, i do recommend getting the geonosians, just a very very good all around team.

Apart from that, you rly have to keep in mind, that getting the GET 1 currency to unlock JKL takes in excess of a year, and that is with a good guild. And JML is definitly not the best overall GL (he is great in squad arena though), and you still might get one of the others alot faster than him, just becouse they arent locked behind thoose GET 1 Characters
  • MKHolloway wrote: »

Exceptional advice....
    I suspect you already know this, but I’d think carefully before following advice from a 1.4M GP player who doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Yeah I have been following the forms and very familiar with him. Sarcasm was there it is wasn't conveyed properly. I am not looking for inflammatory 1 line comments to based my time over the next years on lol. Perhaps he needs to take advice not give it.
  • MKHolloway
    67 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Arva wrote: »
    So, honnestly, i would skip DR. The main strenght of his team comes from Malak, and you cant get Malak to 7*.
    JKR is a easy farm without too much investment in toons that arent helpfull either, so id keep doing that.
    Id work instead on the Mon Mothma Team and your fleet. The Team will look something like this: MM, Bistan, SRP, Biggs, Wedge

If you want to help your guild, or get into a better one, to get more GET rewards, i do recommend getting the geonosians, just a very very good all around team.

Apart from that, you rly have to keep in mind, that getting the GET 1 currency to unlock JKL takes in excess of a year, and that is with a good guild. And JML is definitly not the best overall GL (he is great in squad arena though), and you still might get one of the others alot faster than him, just becouse they arent locked behind thoose GET 1 Characters

Much appreciated reply. This is exactly what I was looking for. I was already leaning towards not farming DR because of no Malak and this solidified that for me. I will likely go Geos then MM since it will help the guild get more Watt and are good on D in GAC if you don't know how to handle them.

I totally know that JML isn't the greatest GL but it's more of a personal preference and I'm stubborn. I am hoping he will be somewhat useful in LS Geos down the road and Squad arena and maybe some new content toons. I will probably be kicking myself in a year for not going after SLKR lol. Maybe I should go for him or SEE while I farm thr GET for JML? Maybe not as I would br starting from scratch. Either way I really appreciate the response its the type of experience I was looking to get here.
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    Honnestly, the most important part is that you just pick a project and stick with it. half finishing projects is the bane of swgoh players existence (speaking from experience here).
    Going with Geos and then SEE/SLKR would allow you to focus on a GET 2 Fleet first (and i know, you plan on spending that on ROLO, but if you delay her, you can get enough shards for her from hoth/the bounty hunter event, that you should be able to afford at least a 5* malevolence/negotiator first, to secure a strong fleet placement)
    Personally i think you could go for SLKR no problem, as you are allready investing into the BH ships for the falcon, and thus get the finalizer as well more or less, which is the biggest holdup on SLKR.
    And you do have a great main team with CLS allready, and the malevolence should work just fine with g12 geos for the moment, so that would be my recommendation for fleet there.
  • MKHolloway
    67 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Arva wrote: »
    Honnestly, the most important part is that you just pick a project and stick with it. half finishing projects is the bane of swgoh players existence (speaking from experience here).
    Going with Geos and then SEE/SLKR would allow you to focus on a GET 2 Fleet first (and i know, you plan on spending that on ROLO, but if you delay her, you can get enough shards for her from hoth/the bounty hunter event, that you should be able to afford at least a 5* malevolence/negotiator first, to secure a strong fleet placement)
    Personally i think you could go for SLKR no problem, as you are allready investing into the BH ships for the falcon, and thus get the finalizer as well more or less, which is the biggest holdup on SLKR.
    And you do have a great main team with CLS allready, and the malevolence should work just fine with g12 geos for the moment, so that would be my recommendation for fleet there.

You are 200% correct. This is part of why I originally quit. Since I have been back I fully understand the advantage of finishing up a squad before moving on and keeping an end goal in mind (mods and all). It's better for me and the guild (which I love by the way). Really lucky to be in a 194m GP guild with my GP.

I'm going to take your suggestion and go Geos then SLKR since I have a good chunk of the toons at 7* for him already. ROLO will get paused cause DANG do I need a better fleet. I will keep pounding on the falcon and my HT while going to the negotiator since I will relic GK for my JKR team. Do you think that would work with the ships? I would hate to go malevolence and have to pay for GG as well but what are your thoughts? I am very happy with going and finishing off my CLS team, they hit well above their weight and although it may have been a LONG 5 months I feel it's well worth it.

Thanks again man, REALLY appreciate your time and input.
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    So, the malevolence needs not only GK at relics, but also JKA and his ship, in addition to either fives or ahsoka at least at g12. Then you also need a tank, either HT at relics, or BTL-Y-Wing. all of thoose arent on the way to SLKR.
    Whereas you are getting the geos allready, and the other 2 ships for the malevolence are pilotless (Vulture Droid and Hyena Bomber). Thus you only need to put some gear into GG (and he rly aint that bad to get him to g11, and when you relic him later, he makes for a scary squad, even with leftover garbage droids). Thus that fleet is alot cheaper to build for you, than going for the negotiator. (Also the Geos do work fine at g12 for that fleet, for a long time, whereas negotiator without at least relic JKA, relic GK and either 7* BTL or relic HT is gonna struggle)

Only relicing the capital is sadly not enough for the Negotiator, whereas malevolence is a bit more lenient about that. it can do very well with only GG on relic levels.
  • Man. Thanks. Going to set a plan to go for malevolence, was chatting with a couple guys I play with and they also were suggesting malevolence over negotiator due to where I'm at and yhr suggested plan above. I think I got some solid direction here. Appreciate it.
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    I don't have JML, and he was my next meta before JMK was announced lol, I'm just waiting the next requirements to define if keep the track for JML or JMK

However, I think you should get JKL and stop a bit; JML is a good GL, but it requires a lot of other good jedi, I don't think you will have the true power of JML without JKR and GAS first, but hey, that is my opinion, maybe going for JML and then the other jedis work out anyways!
  • MKHolloway
    67 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    @Arva Took your advise and ran with it. So far im close to wrapping up my JKR team (aside from HODA) and my Geos and their ships are coming along nicely for how passively I have been farming them. I have about 20k GET2 for Malevolence which is nice, about half way there and by the time i get there ill have all my Geos at G12 and their ships done. I have decided to skip MM right now simply to ensure timely completion of my Geos and JKR team. I also have decided to go for SLKR as you suggested above, this I am pretty stoked about as he would be a great addition to the roster. My question is, and im sure its hard to answer, but based on my roster, what would you think the time esitmate is to unlock him once i start the farm? I have a good chunk of the toons done (7*), ships i am working on daily now and would be done by the time all the toons are at the proper relic levels. Some other things to note: DS Geos we get about 21-22 stars, LS Geos is about 9-11 and I always finish top 10 (mostly top 5) in HSTR due to lack of activity in my guild and I finish with about the 290 box in Conquest. with all that i have a good source of G12+ gear. Any advise or input is greatly appreciated. Thanks again for your help, its been invaluable.