Most Useless datadisk in conquest

Mi114
31 posts Member
I think defensive buffs are the most useless cards in the conquest. Who needs defensive buffs during his turn. He needs them for the enemy turns he is going to face.
Until now they were just useful in combination with cooling system disks. But now as they are pulling off the disk, is it even worthy to stay without any rework?
Feeling bad for quickening disks. Obi wan lead Droideka(zeta) and 6 quickening disks really broke the game. No one in the community talked about this. But still CG found out how I was having fun. Really sad.

Replies

• TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    There’s one (Volatile Hyperaccelerator?) that grants enemies +5% speed at the start of their turns in exchange for taking 10% Health damage... aka 2 DOTs.

No thank you.

... oh and that’s what killed Quickening. Ah. Wonder what made Dread so broken (compared to other purples).
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Zanir wrote: »
    Def buffs useless?

You bring def buffs, offensive buffs and Deployable Cooling Systems. DCS gives a chance to reduce cooldowns for each buff you gain. More buffs--more chances to reduce cooldown.

The most OP disc combo is DCS, off buffs, def buffs, tm on buff gain and offense stacking on buff gain. GMY can AOE entire squads out of existence. Vader can chain MM endlessly. Palp lead, Tarkin and Piett enables Tarkin to spam his debuff special, stack Emperor's Trap to a ridiculous number and then wipe out the enemy with one AOE for a few million dmg.

Far from useless, especially when there's a disc that grants speed to the enemy.

What the OP meant was it was useless in its own effects. You gain the buffs at the start of your turn, for one turn. Once that turn is over the buffs expire. The only thing the defensive buffs help with is mitigated some damage from a counter attack(s).

Yes they are part of the Deployable Cooling Systems engine, but not good on their own. They should have a two-turn duration to give any real benefit.
  • I think Kylo said the defensive disks are not WAI. So they’ll probably fix them when removing deployable cooling disk
  • Aren't the most useless datadisks the ones who grant bonus to Healers?? Like, who uses Healers?? There are so few characters with this tag!
    I don't use a single Healer in Conquest. I suppose many people use Bindo, and maaayyybe some people who have Relic NighSisters may use them too??... but that's it. I doubt any other healers are used at all x)
  • I think Kylo said the defensive disks are not WAI. So they’ll probably fix them when removing deployable cooling disk

I can’t find any official post about them removing the cooling system disk. Is it true or is it just an assumption because of how it stacks?
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    I think Kylo said the defensive disks are not WAI. So they’ll probably fix them when removing deployable cooling disk

I can’t find any official post about them removing the cooling system disk. Is it true or is it just an assumption because of how it stacks?

q43blf977ty7.jpg
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    The only use I've found of Defensive Buffs (outside of cooling systems) is against counter heavy teams, such as rebels, also, with that they can't crit you, so, no more hits while countering
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    While not necessarily useless, the removing TM on damage of an opponent is a really bad disc to use. It makes you have to avoid certain teams or characters on your path to not end in a timeout.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    On the subject of TM disks, the TM gain ones wreck your SLKR squad when you forget you have them equipped. That was this week's "D'oh" moment.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    On the subject of TM disks, the TM gain ones wreck your SLKR squad when you forget you have them equipped. That was this week's "D'oh" moment.

I did that last conquest. Having sklr in his ult with 1 prot and 1 health and everyone else dead was a bit puzzling until ...oh. -5 conquest currency.

Healer offense gets my vote. So situational that you'll have to swap it out since so few decent heroes are healers, and swapping is really bad right now as it costs currency. If they removed the cost it'd still be merely okay - ig11 would rock but beyond that it's pretty ho-hum.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Deathbringer59
    562 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    First conquest launched I had that with SLKR. My poor guy lost all his health and protection. I'm not using the TM gain one due to that and forgetting about it. I agree with the healer ones being pretty useless. Not many healers that get to utilize it and not a single one is a legendary toon or above
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2021
    kalidor wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »

I did that last conquest. Having sklr in his ult with 1 prot and 1 health and everyone else dead was a bit puzzling until ...oh. -5 conquest currency.

Healer offense gets my vote. So situational that you'll have to swap it out since so few decent heroes are healers, and swapping is really bad right now as it costs currency. If they removed the cost it'd still be merely okay - ig11 would rock but beyond that it's pretty ho-hum.

That one is supposed to apply to support to(according to a patch note), which if/when it does, goes way up in usefulness.
  • @Kyno well then that would make a much bigger difference

2s7ahy8d2uez.jpg

5fljtklt1qly.jpg

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    While not necessarily useless, the removing TM on damage of an opponent is a really bad disc to use. It makes you have to avoid certain teams or characters on your path to not end in a timeout.

It's a good diskque to use for one feat (the remove tm one).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Tintguy
    60 posts Member
    Mi114 wrote: »
    I think defensive buffs are the most useless cards in the conquest. Who needs defensive buffs during his turn. He needs them for the enemy turns he is going to face.
    They still work with stacking offense x% for each buff disks
  • Tintguy wrote: »
    Mi114 wrote: »
    They still work with stacking offense x% for each buff disks

Everyone busy with their colorful two-dot-three-buff disks are missing the real value disk, Heal Over Time. 2 buffs for one dot.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    IMO I’d generally rather have free Offense Up + Crit Damage Up + Crit Chance Up than the extra buff from 2 HOT disks... but yeah the Heal Over Time disk is quite underrated.

Defensive Buffs would be good if it worked, but for now it’s just bad in a vacuum. (Although GMY can make good work with it with his buff spread... but if you’re doing that you can just have GMY AoE things into oblivion.)
  • KorAgaz
    105 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    IMO I’d generally rather have free Offense Up + Crit Damage Up + Crit Chance Up than the extra buff from 2 HOT disks... but yeah the Heal Over Time disk is quite underrated.

Defensive Buffs would be good if it worked, but for now it’s just bad in a vacuum. (Although GMY can make good work with it with his buff spread... but if you’re doing that you can just have GMY AoE things into oblivion.)

I think HoTs count as buffs. Thus, disk effects that benefit from them (offense, DCSs) accumulate MUCH faster. Offense buffs + Defense buffs + HoTs is what, 8 buffs on turn start? That's +40% offense every time you take a turn.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure the most useless datadisk must be one of the rare ones, after taking account its cost to equip. Why would I prefer others assisting the leader when I can build up monstrous offense in a few turns instead?
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    The Health Steal and Shield Penetration one gets my vote. Never came across a situation where I even thought to purchase or equip one.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    deleted
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    If the dread one works the way I've always read it to, I understand removing it. Also if used with a certain other purple disk, it would actually be broken. Fear is exceedingly overpowered on teams with low aoe. Like CLS. Additionally, if the secondary effect of "enemies instantly die if fear expires below 50%" applies to player-inflicted fear, which is how I've always read it, then it legit just breaks DR. BSF alone can probably solo entire teams.
    But here's why it's ridiculous: Look at this team. CLS, Wat, Han, Thrawn, 5th of choice. Wat/Han take turns before the enemy team, 4 fears. CLS gets a turn and immediately takes a bonus turn, 8 fears. Thrawn swaps turns, 12 fears. Han gets another turn with 100% crit chance and immediately takes yet another turn. - 16 fear/plague stacks from each character getting ONE natural turn each. -25% health per fear, 10 stacks basically wins the match seeing as they die at 50%. Or just Palp/Vader duo. Vader gets, what, 9-10 turns in a row? (force crush -> merciless -> basic x5 -> force crush -> saber throw (+1 if saber throw kills)

I'm just glad the setup I'm currently running isn't getting nerfed, just wish it didn't rely on a purple.

Anyways, most useless? Definitely the health steal/def penetration one, due to how utterly outclassed it is, and the fact it does what it's supposed to. They're great stats... but just don't make the kind of difference that's going to actually change how most matchups work, especially with conquest still having battle time limits. If the time limits weren't there, I'd probably argue you could stack 12 of them on a character like Malak, nest or KRU and win any battle over a 30 minute afk auto session, but you really just... can't do that.

Defensive buffs has good synergy with other disks + GMY can make a lot of use of it.
    The healer hp to offense thing is supposed to affect supports, which is going to make certain teams hit absurdly hard (GMY, anyone?) especially if you stack them, and if it works with the leader stat+ and the +hp/prot disks, it's even better.

TM decay is really good with the TM system changes and certain teams and disk combos. You definitely need some form of offense stacking though in order to deal with everything. But it's not like you're running into non-boss GLs so SLKR randomly popping up isn't a major concern for it.

The "best" that's not DCS is probably what I'm currently running, but I'm not going to say what it is because I don't want it nerfed lol. Granted, it's synergy with a purple so you won't get it every run. I actually almost find it stronger than DCS is though. And running a full build for it rather than a 50/50 with a DCS build would make it WAY stronger. Just... way less cheesy than DCS is. WAY less cheesy than DCS is.

Though I still think that DCS is just OP because of broken math somewhere. Because it really shouldn't work the way it does. Have you ever seen what it does to BB8's CDs? It makes no sense.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    I took Dread off for that reason while I was completing feats. It made the teams way to easy to kill.
  • DarthAsajj wrote: »
    Aren't the most useless datadisks the ones who grant bonus to Healers?? Like, who uses Healers?? There are so few characters with this tag!
    I don't use a single Healer in Conquest. I suppose many people use Bindo, and maaayyybe some people who have Relic NighSisters may use them too??... but that's it. I doubt any other healers are used at all x)

Barriss + KAM + this disc = Barriss hitting like a Res Hero Bro.