Event: Hoth rebel assault?

Korban
100 posts Member
Guys, how is it usually done? Do you deploy everything at one place? Or Spread teams out through phases? Then there are missions I can complete, then platoons to fill out....

Is there a cooldon on deployment, when my troops can attack again?

Any comments are greatly appreciated. I know nothing on how to do assaults..

Replies

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Assault battles and territory battles are two different things.

Hoth Rebel Assault is a territory battle, a guild event.

How to deal with it varies from guild to guild, and is usually coordinated by 1-2 officers. If your guild is not coordinating these events, find a better one, you'll get more rewards than in a guild that has no directed approach or instructions for guild members.

You have three things to do as a guild member: platoons, missions, and deploy.

We approach a territory battle (TB from now on) by first filling all the platoons that we are able to. We use a Discord bot to assign them, so that the weaker versions of a character are platooned, and players with stronger characters keep them for offence. A well organised guild will know what platoons they can and can't fill, even without bot support.

Then we do all the combat and special missions. When you select a team for a mission, they are automatically deployed to that territory. Check all the missions before starting, as some require specific toons or factions to complete them, and you could leave yourself without a prerequisite team if you just randomly start battling.

Finally, there is deploying. This assigns toons that haven't been used for platoons or missions to a territory, and their GP is added to the score for a territory. Officers should advise which territory(s) to deploy too. Sometimes your GP could help earn an extra star, and placing your characters in the wrong place could result in poorer rewards for the whole guild.

Your roster refreshes at the end of each phase (phases are 24 hours long for the Hoth TBs, 36 hours long for the Geonosian TBs). At the start of a new phase, you have your whole roster available again. If you earned a star in a territory during the previous phase, you shift to the next column. If you don't, you stay in that territory, but all progress is saved and can be built upon in the current phase.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Fantastic! Thank you!
  • DaarthBrewer
    1954 posts Member
    One thing about deploy. Before you do your combat mission, deploy the squad you are going to use for the CM in THAT slice, for ships, once you have platooned all that you can, deploy. Then go do the CM. This will give you slightly more points. To be clear, you can get double duty from your squads if you deploy in the slice you are going to use the squad.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • DaarthBrewer
    1954 posts Member
    Perhaps slice is the wrong word to use, so, ships, mid and bottom. Don't deploy units in mid that you intend to use in bottom or vice versa.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    One thing about deploy. Before you do your combat mission, deploy the squad you are going to use for the CM in THAT slice, for ships, once you have platooned all that you can, deploy. Then go do the CM. This will give you slightly more points. To be clear, you can get double duty from your squads if you deploy in the slice you are going to use the squad.

Not sure what you are trying to say here, but it sounds like you think you get double deployment points if you deploy a squad and then use it for battle. This is incorrect.

Deploys in any form should always be left 'til last, once all combat missions are done.
  • DaarthBrewer
    1954 posts Member
    Yes, that is what I was, apparently mistakenly saying.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    Yes, that is what I was, apparently mistakenly saying.
    No apparent about it. It doesn’t work as you claimed.

The proof for this is I often have a guild mate finish middle combats in phase 4 of DSGEOTB then deploy to bottom zone prior to hitting the combats.

Hours later, the map will suddenly say “xxxx earned 1,234,567 territory points by earning 4/4 in combat mission”. With no sign of the points for his team.

• Korban
    100 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Not sure what you are trying to say here, but it sounds like you think you get double deployment points if you deploy a squad and then use it for battle. This is incorrect.

Deploys in any form should always be left 'til last, once all combat missions are done.

So Combat Missions > Platoons > Final Deployment of what is left?
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    Platoons first. Then missions. Then deployments.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Platoons first. Then missions. Then deployments.

When selecting troops for Platoons, do I put in mediocre characters and save the buffed/glyphed teams for the missions? Or a mix of teams (strong/mediocre)?
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    This is a guild event. You can only put 10 characters in a platoon, which is not enough to fill one. Ideally people put weak characters in platoons.

What’s your ally code? I feel like you should be looking for a new guild if this stuff isn’t being coordinated by someone in your current guild.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    Never mind, I found it.

You should definitely be looking for a new home before the next Territory Battle.

I recommend going to the Guild Recruitment section on the forums and look for guilds with total Galactic Power in the region of 150M - 200M. Once you join a full, active guild, there will be people who coordinate the Territory Battles and give clear instructions.

A good guild will use an external chat app like Discord which you would need to join them on as well as joining in game.