[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

• RTS
    682 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    , I’ll know if I’m spending or laughing at CG’s ineptitude that costs them truckloads of money. If they make KAM a req without changing how to get his shards, they’re going to lose a lot of money. That’s just a fact.

Posts like this just make me lol.

You think you know what makes people spend better than CG (and their data companies) and their data scientists do?

The amount of data these companies have on 'you' (generic sense) is insane - they know EXACTLY what will make people spend and what will not, and that drives 99% of these decisions.

Responses like this just make me LOL as well :)

You’re missing a glaring issue with your generic retort about player spending. If KAM’s farming source (a monthly TB guild mission) doesn’t change, and players cannot acquire him any other way, why would they spend on the other requirements when KAM will take a set amount of time to get? Why spend on the other 11 requirements when the last one isn’t available until 4 months later due to his farming method?
    It doesn’t require tons of data collection to make a common sense conclusion.

If they make KAM a req but also move him and Wat to the GET store then problem solved. People will still spend. If they don’t and keep him only attainable through the TB mission, people will just farm the other reqs FTP until they can actually get KAM to 7*. Why spend when you can’t complete the reqs? Again common sense. Thanks for coming to my TED talk ;)

Do you have data on millions of people across dozens/hundreds of games?

For all you know similar moves in other games - which data has been shared and compiled - has led to people trying to whale on getting toons better to beat those otherwise impossible missions etc.

You have no idea. I have no idea. But I guarantee you that CG knows - and they'll do what makes the more money, irregardless of your foot stomping posts.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ah, the old "i disagree with you or don't understand your point therefore you are trolling" chestnut.

The point is that it's silly to worry about something that we all have no clue about and will know soon enough anyway.

But feel free to lob more insults at me anyway.

KAM as a requirement - completely sensible, considering what the GL requirements have been so far. He fits the timeline, affiliation, everything. The only thing keeping it from certainty is the sheer amount of GR Jedi.
    All "examples" you wrote - utterly absurd.
    How is it anything but trolling?

"The point is that it's silly to worry about something that we all have no clue about and will know soon enough anyway."

Have a nice Tuesday.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    But I guess if you're vague enough, you can't be proven wrong

Kam is locked behind a once a month event that Uber krakens like Ahnald just got to 7*. Making him a req would be the lamest thing CG could do and would instantly kill the hype for JMK

I have mine at 7* and I'm no where near Kraken status. My guild just focused on the event and remained diligent. Put in the work and reap the reward.

That speaks for the majority of players? Bottom line is that making KAM a req given his current farming location will hamstring the money they could make. People aren’t going to spend hundreds of dollars for the other reqs when they can’t finish the farm because of KAM. If they switch him to a GET farm....then I can see it. As it stands though? It’s insane to think they’d cost themselves that much money.

It could if those players had prioritized the event but because they didn't they don't have him up to par. Not like the requirements to get him are out of this world. Besides, no one said KAM was going to be a requirement. Bunch of people in this forum already whining about something that hasn't happened.

And CG don't want to answer either if he's gonna be needed or not

The phrase "we can't either confirm nor deny" means "it could happen"

Correct, and all we have to do is simply wait, because they outlined the release. But rather than do that people want to make up road blocks and act like thay justifies getting an answer before the time stated.

Anything could happen, they just simply dont want to set a precedent of breaking the cadence for a single toon "in question".

I can wait
    I can hoard my gear, but I can't hoard my energy forever

Soon, Bo-Katan will become farmable, and if I want to progress on the requirements and not wasting time in case KAM is not needed, I will need to start farming her up as soon as she becomes available

Problem is, if KAM is required, all that time and energy will be wasted anyways, because I'll be gated out 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's why a KAM announcement would make a BIG difference
    Is not gonna happen, I know, but indeed is a HUGE problem and concern, and certainly not a "made up road block"

So farm gear, then there is no "waste."

Yes it is made up, because he is not stated to be a road block. So there is no reason to base any stress on that.

Oh come on, try to apply this approach to any real life situation and see how silly it is. When the forecast says that there is a chance of rain, I adjust my plans accordingly and don't dismiss it as "made up" because it's not raining yet.

Who is forecasting KAMs necessity?

CG is "forecasting" the possibility by saying maybe. Or are you saying that there is no chance he will be required?
    Besides, he fits right in. So, to continue the analogy, I look out of the window and see clouds.

Actually it would be the equivalent of your neighbor saying it will rain on the party you have planned 2 weeks away, and rather than wait the few days to get the 10 day forecast update, you reach out to the local network asking them to release the weather for that day because you have a party to throw and someone said it could rain.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Loving the QoL updates!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »

Kam is locked behind a once a month event that Uber krakens like Ahnald just got to 7*. Making him a req would be the lamest thing CG could do and would instantly kill the hype for JMK

I have mine at 7* and I'm no where near Kraken status. My guild just focused on the event and remained diligent. Put in the work and reap the reward.

That speaks for the majority of players? Bottom line is that making KAM a req given his current farming location will hamstring the money they could make. People aren’t going to spend hundreds of dollars for the other reqs when they can’t finish the farm because of KAM. If they switch him to a GET farm....then I can see it. As it stands though? It’s insane to think they’d cost themselves that much money.

It could if those players had prioritized the event but because they didn't they don't have him up to par. Not like the requirements to get him are out of this world. Besides, no one said KAM was going to be a requirement. Bunch of people in this forum already whining about something that hasn't happened.

Correct, and all we have to do is simply wait, because they outlined the release. But rather than do that people want to make up road blocks and act like thay justifies getting an answer before the time stated.

Anything could happen, they just simply dont want to set a precedent of breaking the cadence for a single toon "in question".

I can wait

Soon, Bo-Katan will become farmable, and if I want to progress on the requirements and not wasting time in case KAM is not needed, I will need to start farming her up as soon as she becomes available

Problem is, if KAM is required, all that time and energy will be wasted anyways, because I'll be gated out 🤷🏻‍♂️

Is not gonna happen, I know, but indeed is a HUGE problem and concern, and certainly not a "made up road block"

Yes it is made up, because he is not stated to be a road block. So there is no reason to base any stress on that.

Oh come on, try to apply this approach to any real life situation and see how silly it is. When the forecast says that there is a chance of rain, I adjust my plans accordingly and don't dismiss it as "made up" because it's not raining yet.

Lots of people? As mentioned, it's a valid concern. Not sure they'll do it, though, since they have to know doing so would cause 98% of their players to instantly not care about JMK.

And as mentioned there is a plan with dates in place to properly dole out the information. So it seems the valid concern has a valid plan in place.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

I can wait

CG is "forecasting" the possibility by saying maybe. Or are you saying that there is no chance he will be required?
    Besides, he fits right in. So, to continue the analogy, I look out of the window and see clouds.

Actually it would be the equivalent of your neighbor saying it will rain on the party you have planned 2 weeks away, and rather than wait the few days to get the 10 day forecast update, you reach out to the local network asking them to release the weather for that day because you have a party to throw and someone said it could rain.

Wait are you telling me the QoL update didn't fix forum analogies???
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Too many Chicken Littles in here
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

I can wait

Lots of people? As mentioned, it's a valid concern. Not sure they'll do it, though, since they have to know doing so would cause 98% of their players to instantly not care about JMK.

And as mentioned there is a plan with dates in place to properly dole out the information. So it seems the valid concern has a valid plan in place.

That's nice. Though I don't really remember saying we didn't know exactly when we would know the full requirements.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    The more people fret, the more I'm hoping he ends up a requirement just so I can read through all the rage quit posts.

I quit based on your joy in my quitting just to start things off.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I can wait

That's nice. Though I don't really remember saying we didn't know exactly when we would know the full requirements.

So we can agree that the valid concern has been met with a valid plan. I'm glad, and excited about both the releases.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

I can wait

So we can agree that the valid concern has been met with a valid plan. I'm glad, and excited about both the releases.

No. The existence of the information release cadence does not ease the concern, so we do not agree.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Saada wrote: »
    The more people fret, the more I'm hoping he ends up a requirement just so I can read through all the rage quit posts.

I don't believe you!
  • Why does the art department insist on altering The Velveteen Jedi? This is his 3rd portrait and it's probably the worst one.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Saada wrote: »

I don't believe you!

And right you are.... for once
  • Fieldgulls
    419 posts Member

I can wait

Your analogy is incorrect. Neighbor = CG
    The neighbor says it will rain...so he already knows. Later in your analogy you said someone said it could rain. Wouldn’t you ask your neighbor why he/she is so sure it will rain?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    , I’ll know if I’m spending or laughing at CG’s ineptitude that costs them truckloads of money. If they make KAM a req without changing how to get his shards, they’re going to lose a lot of money. That’s just a fact.

You think you know what makes people spend better than CG (and their data companies) and their data scientists do?

The amount of data these companies have on 'you' (generic sense) is insane - they know EXACTLY what will make people spend and what will not, and that drives 99% of these decisions.

You’re missing a glaring issue with your generic retort about player spending. If KAM’s farming source (a monthly TB guild mission) doesn’t change, and players cannot acquire him any other way, why would they spend on the other requirements when KAM will take a set amount of time to get? Why spend on the other 11 requirements when the last one isn’t available until 4 months later due to his farming method?

If they make KAM a req but also move him and Wat to the GET store then problem solved. People will still spend. If they don’t and keep him only attainable through the TB mission, people will just farm the other reqs FTP until they can actually get KAM to 7*. Why spend when you can’t complete the reqs? Again common sense. Thanks for coming to my TED talk ;)

For all you know similar moves in other games - which data has been shared and compiled - has led to people trying to whale on getting toons better to beat those otherwise impossible missions etc.

You have no idea. I have no idea. But I guarantee you that CG knows - and they'll do what makes the more money, irregardless of your foot stomping posts.

Again. People can whale to get R8 on the clones and Shak Ti but can’t make the mission show up more than once a month. I’m willing to be that the average person has 5* KAM and then some. And that’s being gracious. That means that at 5* and change you need at minimum, 4 more months of perfect KAM runs to get him. Why would anyone, even Uber krakens spend on the other requirements when they can’t finish KAM off?

Is that common sense scenario sinking in? Or are you going to point to other games, and data when all this discussion really needs is common sense. Bash the negative speculation of him being a req as is, all you want. People are going to think how they do, and CG has past practices to blame. However I have no idea how you think anyone would whale on JKM when it would be worthless until KAM is 7*
  • CT_Waxer_7777
    175 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    My guess for the requirements
    Batch 2:
    Cody, Yoda, Qui Gon, Jedi Knight Anakin, darth Maul
    Batch 3:
    Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Ashoka Tano, C3PO, Padme
    I say this because 1) I don’t think KAM will be required and 2) I think Lord Vader (if he is the other one) will mainly have separatists and empire as requirements along with GAS Rex and CAT.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Batch 2:
    Batch 3:
    I say this because 1) I don’t think KAM will be required and 2) I think Lord Vader (if he is the other one) will mainly have separatists and empire as requirements along with GAS Rex and CAT.

Swap C3PO for Grievous and I think I pretty much agree with you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Again. People can whale to get R8 on the clones and Shak Ti but can’t make the mission show up more than once a month. I’m willing to be that the average person has 5* KAM and then some. And that’s being gracious. That means that at 5* and change you need at minimum, 4 more months of perfect KAM runs to get him. Why would anyone, even Uber krakens spend on the other requirements when they can’t finish KAM off?

Is that common sense scenario sinking in? Or are you going to point to other games, and data when all this discussion really needs is common sense. Bash the negative speculation of him being a req as is, all you want. People are going to think how they do, and CG has past practices to blame. However I have no idea how you think anyone would whale on JKM when it would be worthless until KAM is 7*

Then it seems common sense and past practices of CG would lead us to the conclusion KAM will not be required, not that he would be.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Then it seems common sense and past practices of CG would lead us to the conclusion KAM will not be required, not that he would be.

Then why not just come out and say "This GL will not require any character achieved only through Geonosis Special Missions,"?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

Then why not just come out and say "This GL will not require any character achieved only through Geonosis Special Missions,"?

What's stopping for people demanding them from saying "This GL will not require any character from the XYZ factions" next?

They will come out and say that, or otherwise, indirectly, when we see the final list of requirements
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Expand on this :)
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    My favorite thing about GLs is the month of hand-wringing, no question.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Hand-wringing and entitlement - don’t forget the entitlement!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Hand-wringing and entitlement - don’t forget the entitlement!

Entitlement is a close second, but hand-wringing wins.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Batch 2:
    Batch 3:

That list is way too easy. Too many people will have Yoda, JKA, DM, AT, C3P0 and Padme at relic levels.

That only leaves four to relic.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Yeah but same with top tier rebels and Luke, not to mention, Bo, Mace, Ayla were all not popular relics
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Because they are going to follow the outlined cadence.