Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    , I’ll know if I’m spending or laughing at CG’s ineptitude that costs them truckloads of money. If they make KAM a req without changing how to get his shards, they’re going to lose a lot of money. That’s just a fact.

Posts like this just make me lol.

You think you know what makes people spend better than CG (and their data companies) and their data scientists do?

The amount of data these companies have on 'you' (generic sense) is insane - they know EXACTLY what will make people spend and what will not, and that drives 99% of these decisions.

Responses like this just make me LOL as well :)

You’re missing a glaring issue with your generic retort about player spending. If KAM’s farming source (a monthly TB guild mission) doesn’t change, and players cannot acquire him any other way, why would they spend on the other requirements when KAM will take a set amount of time to get? Why spend on the other 11 requirements when the last one isn’t available until 4 months later due to his farming method?
    It doesn’t require tons of data collection to make a common sense conclusion.

If they make KAM a req but also move him and Wat to the GET store then problem solved. People will still spend. If they don’t and keep him only attainable through the TB mission, people will just farm the other reqs FTP until they can actually get KAM to 7*. Why spend when you can’t complete the reqs? Again common sense. Thanks for coming to my TED talk ;)

Do you have data on millions of people across dozens/hundreds of games?

For all you know similar moves in other games - which data has been shared and compiled - has led to people trying to whale on getting toons better to beat those otherwise impossible missions etc.

You have no idea. I have no idea. But I guarantee you that CG knows - and they'll do what makes the more money, irregardless of your foot stomping posts.

Again. People can whale to get R8 on the clones and Shak Ti but can’t make the mission show up more than once a month. I’m willing to be that the average person has 5* KAM and then some. And that’s being gracious. That means that at 5* and change you need at minimum, 4 more months of perfect KAM runs to get him. Why would anyone, even Uber krakens spend on the other requirements when they can’t finish KAM off?

Is that common sense scenario sinking in? Or are you going to point to other games, and data when all this discussion really needs is common sense. Bash the negative speculation of him being a req as is, all you want. People are going to think how they do, and CG has past practices to blame. However I have no idea how you think anyone would whale on JKM when it would be worthless until KAM is 7*

Then it seems common sense and past practices of CG would lead us to the conclusion KAM will not be required, not that he would be.

Then why not just come out and say "This GL will not require any character achieved only through Geonosis Special Missions,"?

Because they are going to follow the outlined cadence.

Really? Cause they’ve said “GL’s will not be required for new GL’s”

As you yourself said, saying a faction or group of characters isn’t breaking that cadence, in fact they did it already. So saying “TB mission acquired characters will not be required for GL’s” doesn’t break any cadence or outlined practice.
  • BeralCator
    790 posts Member
    Going all in on Jedi Knight Guardian and Consular. Wish me luck.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »

I’d wait brudda
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member

Just hoard gear, no need to apply it to anyone.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    CUP
    Jedi Consular
    Jedi Knight Guardian
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Dex Jettster, lol
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    Sure, why not

Everyone but KAM
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    or if kam, make his node easier.

im fearing there gonna make us do bad batch, really dont want lvl 5 toons i dont care about from level 1 gear 1

Nah

Bad Batch has absolutely nothing to do with Kenobi
    They may be needed for a "Fallen Anakin" later on tho
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    @Kyno or @GlitterOutlaw

Please edit this click bait thread title to at least include a question mark.
  • @Kyno or @GlitterOutlaw

Please edit this click bait thread title to at least include a question mark.

Or add "CONFIRMED" to the title
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    there always one guy.
    And you are that guy today.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

Just hoard gear, no need to apply it to anyone.

That's not the forums way.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    , I’ll know if I’m spending or laughing at CG’s ineptitude that costs them truckloads of money. If they make KAM a req without changing how to get his shards, they’re going to lose a lot of money. That’s just a fact.

You think you know what makes people spend better than CG (and their data companies) and their data scientists do?

The amount of data these companies have on 'you' (generic sense) is insane - they know EXACTLY what will make people spend and what will not, and that drives 99% of these decisions.

You’re missing a glaring issue with your generic retort about player spending. If KAM’s farming source (a monthly TB guild mission) doesn’t change, and players cannot acquire him any other way, why would they spend on the other requirements when KAM will take a set amount of time to get? Why spend on the other 11 requirements when the last one isn’t available until 4 months later due to his farming method?

If they make KAM a req but also move him and Wat to the GET store then problem solved. People will still spend. If they don’t and keep him only attainable through the TB mission, people will just farm the other reqs FTP until they can actually get KAM to 7*. Why spend when you can’t complete the reqs? Again common sense. Thanks for coming to my TED talk ;)

For all you know similar moves in other games - which data has been shared and compiled - has led to people trying to whale on getting toons better to beat those otherwise impossible missions etc.

You have no idea. I have no idea. But I guarantee you that CG knows - and they'll do what makes the more money, irregardless of your foot stomping posts.

Again. People can whale to get R8 on the clones and Shak Ti but can’t make the mission show up more than once a month. I’m willing to be that the average person has 5* KAM and then some. And that’s being gracious. That means that at 5* and change you need at minimum, 4 more months of perfect KAM runs to get him. Why would anyone, even Uber krakens spend on the other requirements when they can’t finish KAM off?

Is that common sense scenario sinking in? Or are you going to point to other games, and data when all this discussion really needs is common sense. Bash the negative speculation of him being a req as is, all you want. People are going to think how they do, and CG has past practices to blame. However I have no idea how you think anyone would whale on JKM when it would be worthless until KAM is 7*

Then it seems common sense and past practices of CG would lead us to the conclusion KAM will not be required, not that he would be.

Then why not just come out and say "This GL will not require any character achieved only through Geonosis Special Missions,"?

Really? Cause they’ve said “GL’s will not be required for new GL’s”

As you yourself said, saying a faction or group of characters isn’t breaking that cadence, in fact they did it already. So saying “TB mission acquired characters will not be required for GL’s” doesn’t break any cadence or outlined practice.

KAM or "TB mission acquired toons" are not a specified type of character in game, and they are not going to break the cadence for a specific toon being "in question".
  • RTS
    682 posts Member

I don't disagree with you - but but that post is useless. Either requiring KAM would be a good idea, or it would be a bad idea - CG already knows this based on their data, and stomping your foot and saying "if you do X, no more money from me CG!" does nothing - they already have the data on this and one rando on the forums having a fit won't affect it either way.
  • LorDClockaN
    23 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    If CG requires KAM for GL Kenobi, that would mean that they will lose money because a LOT less people will not be whaling on GL Kenobi because they don't have KAM. I also don't have it and would really like for it to NOT be a requirement

Also I'm still waiting for 4.May celebration pack in inbox :D
    Post edited by LorDClockaN on
  • Jedi, Jedi Council (abilities will affect these not Jedi), Galactic Republic

GK, Nego, Aayla, Mace, Bo-Katan

Hondo! Darth Maul, Zam Wessel, Cody, Grievous Ship?

JKA (GAS for Lord Vader later), GMY, Grievous, Old-Ben, Clone Wars Chewie

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Vs Darth Maul

Obi & Ani versus murder worms & Zam
    Or
    Kenobi & Hondo versus Maul and Savage (Ventress could be instead of Hondo)(New Maul model used for GL Maul)

Bo-Katan & Obi-Wan escape Mandalore

Kenobi versus GG (So uncivilised move)

Order 66 Cody and clones versus Kenobi,
    Clones versus Aayla
    Clones versus GMY & Clone Wars Chewie

Kenobi versus JKA (High Ground Ultimate move)

I don't think there will be many Jedi as we'll get a new tag and farming them will be a separate task rather than a happy double win.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    No Jango?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    there always one guy.
    And you are that guy today.

"today"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Also I'm still waiting for 4.May celebration pack in inbox :D

Hey I'm still waiting for a time machine too!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Think they’ll keep GG’s ship for the darkside GL.

Cody and Qui Gon Jinn seems to be more likely as they both have very close ties with Obi Wan. I would be disappointed if they aren’t included.

As for the GR Jedi, anyone is possible. Even Kit Fisto, Guardian and Consular.

KAM would not be required... hopefully.

Maul was already used for SEE. Maybe taken further and need to be R7/R8. Same wise for JKA but he was already a R7 requirement but there have been crossovers in the last four GLs.

Jango Fett would be a good shout.

One new toon: possibly one of the Bad Batch but seems unlikely. It will not be Hondo. (My prediction!) it could be Commander Ahsako Tano?
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    I've 2 separated ideas, one if it's Kenobi's road to RotS, and the other if it's just RotS tiers.

If it's Kenobi's entire road

TIER 1: Naboo
    Wave 1
    Qui-Gon, Padmé and General Kenobi (re-skin to match episode 1 appearence) vs B1's, turret droids and droidekas

Wave 2
    Qui-Gon and General Kenobi vs Darth Maul

TIER 2: Kamino
    General Kenobi vs Jango Fett

TIER 3: Utapau
    Wave 1
    General Kenobi and Commander Cody vs B2's, B1's, Droidekas and Magnaguards

Wave 2
    General Kenobi vs General Griveous

TIER 4-6: Mustafar
    Jedi Master Kenobi vs Fallen Anakin

PS: Has anyone thought about it actually? Always the TIER 4-6 is a battle against another GL using your own GL, probably will get a sneak peak of the next GL on these tiers then.

Then,

If it's only RotS events:

TIER 1: Battle Over Coruscant
    Wave 1
    General Kenobi, Jedi Knight Anakin and R2 vs B2's, B1's, Droidekas and Magnaguards

Wave 2
    General Kenobi and Jedi Knight Anakin vs Count Dooku and 2 B2's

TIER 2: Utapau (same as before)
    Wave 1
    General Kenobi and Commander Cody vs B2's, B1's, Droidekas and Magnaguards

Wave 2
    General Kenobi vs General Griveous

TIER 3: Jedi Temple
    Wave 1-3
    Grand Master Yoda and General Kenobi vs Clones

TIER 4-6: Mustafar (same as before)
    Jedi Master Kenobi vs Fallen Anakin
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

What's stopping for people demanding them from saying "This GL will not require any character from the XYZ factions" next?

They will come out and say that, or otherwise, indirectly, when we see the final list of requirements

Well then why did they tell us last time about 2 specific characters not being required for that set of GL's?
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member

If they tell us that we this set of GL's will not require any character obtained via a Geonosis Special Mission, how is that different than the outlined cadence?

Also, where did they outline the cadence? Just the "next set on 5/19, last set on 6/9"? Because they had that outlined cadence last time and still said "you won't need these 2 characters for the current GL" in the middle of it.
  • I just had a similar thread merged. I think there's value in a separate thread as the other is a mish-mash

Jedi, Jedi Council (abilities will affect these not Jedi), Galactic Republic

GK, Nego, Aayla, Mace, Bo-Katan

Hondo! Darth Maul, Zam Wessel, Cody, Grievous Ship?

JKA (GAS for Lord Vader later), GMY, Grievous, Old-Ben, Clone Wars Chewie

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Vs Darth Maul

Obi & Ani versus murder worms & Zam
    Or
    Kenobi & Hondo versus Maul and Savage (Ventress could be instead of Hondo)(New Maul model used for GL Maul)

Bo-Katan & Obi-Wan escape Mandalore

Kenobi versus GG (So uncivilised move)

Order 66 Cody and clones versus Kenobi,
    Clones versus Aayla
    Clones versus GMY & Clone Wars Chewie

Kenobi versus JKA (High Ground Ultimate move)

I don't think there will be many Jedi as we'll get a new tag and farming them will be a separate task rather than a happy double win.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

What's stopping for people demanding them from saying "This GL will not require any character from the XYZ factions" next?

They will come out and say that, or otherwise, indirectly, when we see the final list of requirements

Well then why did they tell us last time about 2 specific characters not being required for that set of GL's?

They didnt, they specified GLs and used them as examples.